Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gintama' Episode 13 Discussion

Sep 7, 2013 7:40 AM

A pretty nice ending to this great arc! Lets see what happens next! And damn that epilogue was just beautiful!

Oct 11, 2013 1:01 AM

God I love this Gintama, awesome arc :)

Oct 17, 2013 11:42 AM

A great way to end an amazing arc~ And the ending was beautiful!

Mar 16, 2014 3:07 PM
What a beautiful ending.

Mar 23, 2014 8:13 PM

beautiful ending to an epic arc!!!

I feel that that peacock lady will be back and this might lead to another arc...

LOL at hasegawa with gengai in the credits!

Is pirako really going to be part of yorozuya??

Jul 24, 2014 5:22 PM

Great ending to a damn good arc. That ED is just fantastic too. When it was playing over the epilogue it just made everything that little bit better.

Aug 27, 2014 7:32 AM

amazing arc.

fucking love this series

Oct 2, 2014 2:51 AM

I cried. I laughed. I cried again.

One of the best arcs so far.

Nov 28, 2014 11:18 PM

Tatsugoro looks like Gintoki. He's pretty good looking too LOL. But appearance wise, young Jirocho >>> young Tatsugoro.

WoofSadaharu said:
Gintoki is the lovechild of Tatsugoro and Jirocho
LMAOO fuck Otae, man. Tatsugoro x Jirocho is where it's at.

AnimeSweden said:
I cried. I laughed. I cried again.

One of the best arcs so far.
you said it all.
That ending ;v;;;;;;;;; It was my favorite. So beautiful.

Dec 19, 2014 5:24 PM

It was nice to see Jirochou get together with his daughter at the end.

Feb 3, 2015 5:52 PM

Awwwwn, such a cute ending :)
Especially when Pirako presented herself to her dad, it was really touching.

Gintoki and Jirocho together create one massive bloodbath. When Gintoki start to not give a fuck... Things goes wild!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Feb 15, 2015 4:10 PM

hinahinaxxchoco said:
Yeah, it was a good arc. The ending WAS really touching. (': Pirako is finally reunited with her father!
Mifune-san said:
Great and touching End for a awesome arc of gintama
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Feb 21, 2015 6:56 AM

I don't know man.. this is just beautiful. Hell that is even an understatement. Too bad though not everyone was able to participate in this great arc like Zura and the Shinsengumi. But whatever I'm just glad everything worked out well in the end

Mar 12, 2015 9:40 AM

I collected a long time to Gintama' and now regrets it. After the early episodes I imagined it as a good trolling anime, comedy without a plot, and here bum in ~ 5 episodes got a great story. Even mass episodes before me, and the upcoming Gintama °. In addition, I can always return you to watch 200 segmental first series.
I wish you even greater popularity of Kabuki freaks.
Epic episode 10/10.

Mar 16, 2015 5:37 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Jirochou's home.

Great end to a good arc.

Mar 19, 2015 10:12 AM

Coming from someone who usually dislikes 'serious' parts/arcs in Gintama, this is a good one although it could have been longer imo. Benizakura Arc is slightly better.

Mar 19, 2015 3:14 PM

I'm commenting a bit late on this one, since I watched it two weeks ago or so, but I was very impressed with this arc. Everything in it felt close and emotionally relatable, which sadly is not common in serious arcs of this series. Maybe because it involves the Yorozuya, Otose and the Kabukicho district we had been into for >200 episodes, and not some kind of external factor in the story. It was painful to see Shinpachi, Kagura, Catherine and Tama leaving the building, or staying at the hospital taking care of Otose; and Gintoki's burst of anger when he finds Otose's "corpse" was probably the only totally serious moment of him I was fully immersed into in the whole series. On the other hand and while Jirocho seemed a bit inconsistant in his decisions, in the end he was a surprisingly great and empathic character whose ties with Otose and the town played a very significant part, as well as being some hell of a badass guy when he had to. His berserk scene with Gintoki in this episode was so over-the-top it was really entertaining, the hospital sequence was quite cute and then the arc had the perfect closure with Pirako (a character that started as quite annoying and grew on me once her emotional background was stablished).

Apr 17, 2015 5:44 AM

Another amazing arc, this anime never fails to entertain

Apr 20, 2015 9:47 AM

This was probably the best serious arc I've ever seen in Gintama. Amazing. The only other arc that is at par is the Benizakura arc.

Funny how both arc are missing the Shinsengumi.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

May 19, 2015 9:37 AM

Let's no forget how many people died...................

Ok now for my words ....it's been a year so I've forgotten the whole Amanto taking over the world and all ...the twist about one of the devas was a Murasame Pirates and all totally caught my surprise ... and the story speak senses ... not the whole story but it's there ... 7/10 good arc.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

Oct 5, 2015 7:41 AM

Great arc, great ending and great episode overall. I wish it was longer though, Jirocho is a really cool character. He reminds me alot of Gin when he was younger :)

Oh boy, next episode.... TAKASUGI IS BACK ?! Hype.

Oct 13, 2015 9:49 AM
I decided I wouldn't feel any sympathy for Pirako regardless of what painful backstory they decided to reveal later, but the series pulled another one on me and- well, couldn't hate her in the end [:
Got to say, though, I think this was a lovely arc. Hundreds of episodes later I'm still left to marvel at how attached and emotionally invested this series has made me.
Good at offending and bad at letting things slide.

Nov 5, 2015 10:15 AM

Great arc, I wonder how Gintama does to be so good. The end with Jirocho and his daughter was very touching.

Nov 12, 2015 5:05 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Amazing episode! Jirocho and Gintoki butchering all those ninja soldiers was so violent and awesome! Jirocho survives. The ending made me tear up a little.

∞/5

Feb 5, 2016 2:06 AM

I wanted to out this on-hold cause I don't want to catch up with the latest. it's no use...I cant stop clicking the next button.

Feb 14, 2016 6:30 AM

Pirako was too much of a maniac to deserve a good end. I hated her since the moment she stabbed 7:3 and pushed him in the sea to die.

Feb 18, 2016 12:42 AM

Very good fight and beautiful ending. Loved how these two where somewhat fighting side by side.
One of the best episodes so far (in terms of non-comedy).

Mar 29, 2016 6:44 PM

Absolute perfect to end this arc. All the feels who came together, in one moment you got teary, in the next you wanted to laugh.

The fight was epic, I knew Gin wouldn't kill Jirocho. But it's nice to see that Jirocho is back as a father :)
So funny when everyone was standing before the patient's room to hear what Jirocho and Otose were saying to each other xD

And that ending got me really teary, finally the reunion for Pirako and her father.

I also wonder what happened to Kada. The preview of the next episode looks nice.

10/10 for this arc <3

Jun 17, 2016 6:00 PM

Great arc as everything in Gintama...but can't help and wonder where the hell the shinsengumi wander off while town is getting blasted like that :S

Jul 9, 2016 12:37 AM

Last night, I finished the first 'season' of Gintama or episode 201 and told myself I'd take a break before continuing the series. It's the next day and I just finished episode 214 (this episode). I literally can't stop myself from watching Gintama no matter how hard I try.

It's been a while since I've felt that feeling of pure "epicness". Maybe it's because I haven't watched many shounen/action anime in the past few years, but I couldn't help but smile throughout the entire arc. Although I will say there were a few minor gripes I had with the arc here and there, but I didn't really let it bother me since this is Gintama and that's just the style of it. If there are future arcs that can top the emotions I felt from this one, I don't know what I'll do.

Jul 11, 2016 12:01 AM

He actually shut the door to Catherine hahaha lol
Gin-san and the old man put up an amazing fight, I'm glad that everything was resolved peacefully, what a great arc!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Jul 25, 2016 12:32 AM

Pretty damn good, had some crazy feels this arc. Also that ending :)

Can't forget madao's evolving haha

Aug 28, 2016 5:01 PM

Wow this arc surpassed all my expectations. Definitely one of my favorites.

This season was kinda mediocre tbh, but this arc just saved everything.

Oct 4, 2016 8:35 AM

Aww this was a great arc~ I got teary eyed a couple of times;;; It's cool how Jirocho and Gintoki both have their own way of protecting the promises they've made. I felt so self-aware when the story rolled out A+

Oct 14, 2016 8:58 PM

I find it so hard to hate any character in this series lol. This arc was awesome though- and the ending was so cute oh my gosh.

Mar 22, 2017 9:59 PM

That was an amazing arc!!! Damn!!! It just had everything.....

May 20, 2017 7:24 PM

That fight scene aniimation was of the highest queslity I've ever seen.
And I'm not sure f the ending was bittersweet or heart breaking.

Best arc so far.

Aug 7, 2017 2:16 AM
For thoise who are wondering why certain characters didn't appear, remember, this was essentially a gang-war for the residents of Kabukicho, not the entirety of Edo. The Shinsengumi would (more than likely) have sided with Yorozuya, which iis obviously something a police force cannot be seen doing...regardless, they are mostly around to stop Jouishi activity.

Aug 21, 2017 6:55 AM

That inconsistent hoe Pirako ruined the arc. I didn't feel a thing for her. Her motives were as horrible as her sudden personality shift. Definitely the worst relevant character in Gintama so far.

Nov 2, 2017 11:08 AM

I love that they answered how otose went to the roof. LMAO.

Jan 8, 2018 6:42 PM

Kickass action and a lot of feels,this was one hell of an arc.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Apr 8, 2018 2:23 PM
Ohhhhh - efff you Gintama!!! I go from cheering for Gintoki & Jirocho’s badass fight, to having tears leaking out while Otose & Jirocho talk in the hospital, to giggling through my tears when the crew knocks the door down while eavesdropping, back to tears at the vision of the ghostly Tatsugoro & young Otose talking to Jiricho, and the reunion between Jiricho & Pirako... then back to squealing with excitement seeing that Takasugi & Kamui are returning! Why you play with my emotions like this, Gintama?!? Aaauuugggh - I love it!! <3
Definitely one of my favorite arcs to-date in the whole series.

Jan 19, 1:38 AM

Teared up by that ending it was truly beautiful 10/10 both arc and this season.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 14, 7:37 AM

Deam feeeelzzz at the end
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jul 1, 1:32 PM
My new favourite arc. So amazing. It had everything, action, drama, emotion, comedy. And that ending was epic. I even teared up a little.

Sep 22, 1:18 PM

The last 2 eps of this arc made it my favourite Gintama arc so far, with Red Spider a close second. 10/10 arc.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]