Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 26, 2011 2:34 PM

Oct 2010
best episode so far? i love the insanity and kickass in this episode, talking mostly about Ganta.
Jun 26, 2011 3:02 PM

Dec 2008
I thought the episode was done pretty well and I'm curious to see how they rap all this up. I hope they leave room for a second season instead of a stupid original ending.
Jun 26, 2011 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
blackjackel2 said:
choyos said:
also wtf?

O_____O I didnt even notice that omg! But there is also the mystery to why everyone says he's disappeared for some time.

Production mistake or does this Mockingbird dude can take on and off that around his neck?

Those soldiers wanted to do it so much but the gad damn director never let them finish the job. So close to gang bang rape and yet so far.

Best scene of the show. Boob vs gun. Hmm...i wonder who is gonna win.

Did that loli just broke Shiro leggs? It seem like a phycho loli has a death wish. First rule of DW - Don't piss off Wretched Egg!
Second rule of DW - Don't piss off Wretched Eg!!
Third rule of DW - Don't piss off Wretched Egg!!!
Are you starting to get the picture crazy loli?

Btw if that guy now remembers everything shouldn't he first be attacking the men working for the scum responsible for the death of his child like that priest for example instead of following their orders?

Minatsuki looks awesome with short hair. For some reason i love short hair on girls that can support the look.
MonadFeb 29, 2012 1:46 PM
Jun 26, 2011 3:49 PM

Jun 2010
facking amazing ep, the best so far.
Jun 26, 2011 3:54 PM

Feb 2010
Muchan said:
How come I have a feeling that there will be another season of this anime after the OVA, which is not a bad thing imo, I just wish that this was like a 24 episode series. Or did they not have enough material from the manga to make a 24 episode series so far?

I just don't see them having everything solved in this next episode. If they did though, I would be extremely shocked. Its gonna suck when this series ends next week, I was looking forward to my job on Sat/Sun to watch this lol.

yeah they have enought to make 24 episode , dunno why they did 12 -.-
Jun 26, 2011 3:56 PM

Feb 2010
Monad said:
blackjackel2 said:
choyos said:
also wtf?

O_____O I didnt even notice that omg! But there is also the mystery to why everyone says he's disappeared for some time.

Production mistake or does this Mockingbird dude can take on and off that around his neck?

It isnt a production mistake.
Jun 26, 2011 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Minatsuki looks awesome with short hair. For some reason i love short hair on girls that can support the look.
I shall agree with you on that one Monad. She does look much better. Sure makes a difference.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 26, 2011 4:08 PM

Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
billng said:
Mocking bird is a dude? wut?!!
Oh no no, it's hermaphrodite. Non determined sex. He is a male and a female. I wonder if he has both a penis and vagina. Well anyway I stay away from those types all the time.
uhm i think he is a guy.
Appearance wise perhaps but tendency tend to vary into the female/male. He for sure acted as a girl at first with Senji then turned back into a male personality.

He also has many scars so perhaps much physical changes he may have also.

Personality wise he is strange , but sakigami toto is male , that's for sure.

he is in the opening as someone found in last episode thread.
Jun 26, 2011 4:19 PM

Apr 2010
Mocking bird licking crow like that did not happen in the Manga. And I don't think he came in at all in their training if I remember correctly. I smell an anime original ending.
Jun 26, 2011 4:34 PM

Feb 2010
KazukiUchiha said:
Mocking bird licking crow like that did not happen in the Manga. And I don't think he came in at all in their training if I remember correctly. I smell an anime original ending.

herp derp original ending.

if u notice this even happened AFTER this arc , less reason to go for an anime original ending.
VanisherJun 26, 2011 4:37 PM
Jun 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
billng said:
Oh no no, it's hermaphrodite. Non determined sex. He is a male and a female. I wonder if he has both a penis and vagina. Well anyway I stay away from those types all the time.
uhm i think he is a guy.
Appearance wise perhaps but tendency tend to vary into the female/male. He for sure acted as a girl at first with Senji then turned back into a male personality.

OK so now it looks like he is male but has a thinking of a female/male? I don't....is there a damn proof he has male genitalia?

I will consider him for now with a no sex identity or hermaphrodite until I read further in the manga.

Jun 26, 2011 5:28 PM

Aug 2010
A lot of things to wrap up next episode, or not.
Jun 26, 2011 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Boring, predictable and meh. It went downhill quite quickly.
Jun 26, 2011 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
entropy13 said:
Boring, predictable and meh. It went downhill quite quickly.

Yep, I am pretty disappointed as well....

Like most anime, it started with a lot of potential, but then it couldn't keep it going.

I've started to read the manga, and it seems that's a bit better than what they present in the anime......hell, at the very least it makes more sense in the manga.

....and now I hear we're getting an "ANIME ONLY" ending.....WEAK!!!
Jun 27, 2011 12:12 AM
Jun 2011
I doubt it, where did you here this from ?
Jun 27, 2011 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
damn..I'd be so dissapointed if they go with an anime ending. It would've been better if another studio picked this up not Manglobe. :x

lol at Crow to Mockingbird "You don't swing that way, do you?"
Jun 27, 2011 4:24 AM

Nov 2010
Is it just me or is Ganta SO FUCKING ANNOYING AND WHINY! (ノ△T)
mmfxJun 27, 2011 4:41 AM
Jun 27, 2011 7:09 AM

Jan 2009
Well, with this episode as it was, it's still possible that they could end it somewhat smoothly, I guess.
It's regrettable that we won't get any further than this though.
Most likely, even if they end it well, we won't get any kind of conclusion at all.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 27, 2011 8:55 AM

May 2010
Manga spoilers are everywhere. =,=

An ok episode I guess. At least Ganta improved his blood bullet. This Mockingbird is an interesting one. :)

Also, I don't see any reason why they have to point the gun to Takako's breast. O_o

Needs more raging Shiro!!
Jun 27, 2011 9:00 AM

Jun 2010
Really should have gone with 24 episodes with this series. Best case scenario is that we get a lolcliffhanger ending like HOTD. Worst case, crappy ending.
Jun 27, 2011 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
billng said:
uhm i think he is a guy.

OK so now it looks like he is male but has a thinking of a female/male? I don't....is there a damn proof he has male genitalia?

I will consider him for now with a no sex identity or hermaphrodite until I read further in the manga.

Don't bother to guess his gender, guys, you're missing the point totally. The manga doesn't confirm it, but I'm positive Toto's not a hermaphrodite, he's fully male.

-Here is a spoiler that I can assure will not likely spoil anything for you if you read it-

Because the reason Toto vacillates between "watashi" and "ore" isn't because of a gender confusion. It's a common knowledge that you aren't necessarily a female when you use "watashi", a lot of guys use it as well.

- Well and here's a hint, not recommended though-

BlauBlumeJun 27, 2011 9:08 AM
Jun 27, 2011 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
lol it's really over next episode? xD

Can't wait to finish this just to end its misery. Probably tied with Aria for the worst anime this season.

Ok, so maybe Aria is slightly worse. Maybe.
Jun 27, 2011 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
It was ok, but the animation kinda turned to shit :x

Jun 27, 2011 12:54 PM

Feb 2010
BlauBlume said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Yumekichi11 said:
billng said:
uhm i think he is a guy.

Don't bother to guess his gender, guys, you're missing the point totally. The manga doesn't confirm it, but I'm positive Toto's not a hermaphrodite, he's fully male.

-Here is a spoiler that I can assure will not likely spoil anything for you if you read it-

Because the reason Toto vacillates between "watashi" and "ore" isn't because of a gender confusion. It's a common knowledge that you aren't necessarily a female when you use "watashi", a lot of guys use it as well.

- Well and here's a hint, not recommended though-

in the manga:

Jun 27, 2011 3:02 PM

Jun 2009
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 27, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:
OK got it! He has gay tendencies or is just bi. Well I did not see his reactions with females so I will assume that so far. Care to give out more manga reference in PM for me? I would so like to get this guy's gender out of my head so it stops confusing me.

Jun 27, 2011 5:21 PM

Oct 2010
Sorry for re-posting this, but could someone clarify if this was a mistake or has something to do story wise? xD

thanks ^^

Yumekichi11 said:

He has gay tendencies or is just bi.

Maybe he is just a women with a deep voice, he was quite feminine with Shiro >.> ... trolling aside, looking at all the scars and the fact he/she/it admit that he/she/it was dead it wouldn't surprise me he/she/it is hermaphrodite or just gender-less
choyosJun 27, 2011 5:39 PM
huh?
Jun 27, 2011 6:47 PM

Feb 2009
So far the best episode I've seen and the animation was very solid.

Are there any news about Manglobe doing a 2nd season? or will they wrap it up next episode?
Jun 27, 2011 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
choyos said:
Sorry for re-posting this, but could someone clarify if this was a mistake or has something to do story wise? xD

thanks ^^

Yumekichi11 said:

He has gay tendencies or is just bi.

Maybe he is just a women with a deep voice, he was quite feminine with Shiro >.> ... trolling aside, looking at all the scars and the fact he/she/it admit that he/she/it was dead it wouldn't surprise me he/she/it is hermaphrodite or just gender-less

you will see.... if they make a second season or if you read the manga.
Jun 27, 2011 7:08 PM

Nov 2008
animelly said:
lol Shiro got drunk.

Yeah lol.

1 episode left... don't know how this will end..
Jun 27, 2011 7:10 PM

Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
OK got it! He has gay tendencies or is just bi. Well I did not see his reactions with females so I will assume that so far. Care to give out more manga reference in PM for me? I would so like to get this guy's gender out of my head so it stops confusing me.

wow you are so obsessed about toto

edit: just deleted it , he is a boy bro . why he is like that sometimes (a little gay) wasnt explained yet in the manga. (they will probably do soon) , but read the manga if you want to understand it better :P
VanisherJun 27, 2011 7:55 PM
Jun 27, 2011 8:00 PM
Jun 2011
I really liked this episode. I'm a little shocked to find out that the next episode is the last for this season. I will certainly be reading the manga now because I can not possibly stop just with this anime. 12 episodes does not seem enough to fully flesh out what has been going on, but I'm predicting either an OVA or a second season.

I really like Toto/Mockingbird. Probably be who I cosplay after this episode. And glad Hummingbird came to save Ganta. Somewhat redeemed her in my eyes because I absolutely despise her.

The almost rape scene = O_O I was rather uncomfortable.
And Owl losing his shit was unfortunate because I liked him until then...

Crow. Still my favorite. <3
Jun 27, 2011 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
The big question is will it sell well enough to make a second season? (Answer is probably yes.) They have left a lot of room, and I suspect we are going to get an arc ending rather than a season ending next week. Let's just hope they have a gruesome ending for the promoter as well.

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 27, 2011 11:27 PM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:

wow you are so obsessed about toto

edit: just deleted it , he is a boy bro . why he is like that sometimes (a little gay) wasnt explained yet in the manga. (they will probably do soon) , but read the manga if you want to understand it better :P
Oh but I am and cannot wait to find out.

Jun 28, 2011 12:32 AM

Nov 2007
Since they included the part with Tamaki making a list of "compatible prisoners", it's very probable there will be a season 2. The "compatible prisoners" play a big part after the Scar Chain arc.
Jun 28, 2011 1:01 AM

Feb 2010
i hope it sells well to make up a second season.

the next arcs are awesome.
Jun 28, 2011 2:31 AM

Jun 2011
'Ofcourse I'm pathetic, I havn't done a damned thing'
First thing said in the anime.. exactly my thoughts as he was saved yet AGAIN.

Also wonder how this whole Owl thing is going to end up.
So, overall a good episode.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jun 28, 2011 8:56 AM
Jul 2010
I enjoyed this episode better than the previous ones. I still don't can't decide whether I really like this anime or I find it somewhat boring... But well, as long as they don't make a stupid anime original ending next episode, I'm sure it was worth my time.
Jun 28, 2011 10:53 AM

Jul 2010
Damn, Karako and Shiro got sexually assaulted back there! The bastards! After that the little kid even broke Shiro's legs! T_T

Nagi went completely bonkers because of his wife and daughter. So cliche that full of hate and rage business. I'm guess Ganta will we able to talk some sense into him next week, but who knows? Maybe it'll have a bad ending!

Jun 28, 2011 1:22 PM

Sep 2009
As far as the anime will adapt the manga? Is adapting all the chapters or leave some behind?

I'm loving this anime. Fantastic! Love Senji and Shiro *-*
Jun 28, 2011 11:41 PM

Mar 2010
Seriously only one episode left?Why???I want more...
Jun 29, 2011 12:14 AM

Jul 2007
I dont know how they plan on finishing it with only 1 episode to go, heres hoping they finish it well & smart rather than just rushing an ending.
Jun 29, 2011 11:10 AM

Apr 2009
One thing is certain the animation lacking in the previous episodes got the full budget for this last episodes! :)
Hope the story can cope with it...
Jun 29, 2011 7:38 PM

Jun 2011
The Supersonic Ganta Gun is awesome!
El Psy Congroo
Jun 29, 2011 8:59 PM

Oct 2010
I was glad that Nagi came back, but like this.... O.o super scary!
Also Mockingbird scares me. But i have to ask.... is he gay? Just something that pops up in my head.
I was expecting Shiro just to get back up after her legs got broken. Idk why. Maybe in my mind, she's just that invincible. O.o
Jun 29, 2011 9:32 PM

Nov 2009
ugh who cut the budget. the visuals in this ep sucked but its good to see ganta doing something even minutely useful. i think there will be a definite second season. weeee i love mockingbird. i hope he goes apeshit on ppl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2011 11:50 PM
Jun 2006
About Toto / Mockingbird being gay: if you're drawing this conclusion from the licking scene from this episode, then there are two things I've noticed from the manga (not spoilery, I think):
- he likes using the word "love" (he uses it so often in manga, the Japanese wiki lists it as sort of his catchphrase)
- he didn't lick the wound just because he wanted to. He did it for a reason in the manga. I wonder if they'll explain it in the tv series...

Also (possible manga spoiler), switching between "watashi"/"boku"
(It probably won't be explained in the anime, though.)
nikaJun 30, 2011 3:15 AM
Jun 30, 2011 1:01 AM

Feb 2010
Sound spoilery to me.
Jun 30, 2011 3:17 AM
Jun 2006
Edited the possible spoilery part.
Or are the first two points somehow spoilery? (I hope not.)
Jun 30, 2011 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
Can't wait to finish it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.