Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2011 5:30 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RAW out early as usual. Now's the time to wait for subs. :)

Warning: Big spoiler ahead.

There's one more I want to say from the episode, but I'll leave it unmentioned.
Jun 25, 2011 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
I'm not too happy with the anime in general but I will give it a 7 because of the awesome possibiity that we might be getting a Deadpool anime. Or maybe he'll be a central character in the next season...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jun 25, 2011 8:59 AM

Feb 2008
Who were all the mutants or special characters that appeared in this episode? I only managed to identify Angel, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Deadpool.

I was unable to identify the girl who was with Colossus and some other guy who was in red/white costume?

Edit: I guess the girl was Rogue?
Edit2: Hmm, it seems to be Captain Britain.
TomoyoSakagami89Jun 25, 2011 10:14 AM
Jun 25, 2011 9:16 AM

Jul 2008
So it's over now. That was..... well.... interesting? o_O"
Well, it's not the worst x-men show I've ever seen, so it's got that much going for it. ^_^
Jun 25, 2011 9:40 AM

Jun 2010
I knew he was going to die, but I didn't know he was going to die like that. I wanted Nightcrawler to appear in this show and I guess I got my wish......for like 5 seconds. Magneto escaped in the end. Maybe that'll be in the Blade anime.

Jun 25, 2011 10:12 AM

Mar 2009
TomoyoSakagami89 said:
Who were all the mutants or special characters that appeared in this episode? I only managed to identify Angel, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Deadpool.

I was unable to identify the girl who was with Colossus and some other guy who was in red/white costume?

Yep, that was Rogue. It is a big shame we only get to see them in the end, but that's 12 eps for you. Even Iron Man made an appearance. All the Marvel adaptations up to now aren't that good.

Jun 25, 2011 11:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
pretty lame and underwhelming....

brain dead adaptation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 25, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
I wish Rogue had been a main character....

And wow...that was just bad XD And what was with the scene after the credits? There is no way this will get a second season right?

5/10
Jun 25, 2011 1:18 PM

Mar 2009
seems like these shows are getting better...which means blade should be awesome.

6/10
Jun 25, 2011 1:43 PM

Feb 2008
FUCKING DEADPOOL!

That is all.
Jun 25, 2011 2:22 PM

May 2009
I enjoyed the anime overall. The art/animation and soundtrack were actually really good, which made the action exciting, but this episode brought it down quite a bit. Cheesy. Wish they would've taken it in another direction, instead we got all this stuff with Takeo.
stAtic91Jun 25, 2011 3:35 PM
Jun 25, 2011 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
Ok the show ended without showing Stryfe, Juggernaut or even Magneto. Why they did even include their faces at the ED. But hey, I guess they will show up in season 2.

Overall, this series is quite good and enjoyable. I only hated the melodramatic scenes... 7/10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 25, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
What exactly would you change to make Cyclops' beam affect him ?
I don't know anything about X-men (never read any comics) but it seems that the most powerful of all mutants are all Telepaths.
Jun 25, 2011 9:36 PM
Apr 2008
TomoyoSakagami89 said:

Edit2: Hmm, it seems to be Captain Britain.

I know the one with white fringe is Rogue alright. Not to mention Ironman made his cameo as well.
Jun 25, 2011 9:41 PM
Apr 2008
13man18 said:
I knew he was going to die, but I didn't know he was going to die like that. I wanted Nightcrawler to appear in this show and I guess I got my wish......for like 5 seconds. Magneto escaped in the end. Maybe that'll be in the Blade anime.

Even if it will be featured in the next Marvel anime it won't be the main storyline.
GarLogan78 said:
I wish Rogue had been a main character....

And wow...that was just bad XD And what was with the scene after the credits? There is no way this will get a second season right?

5/10

That's what I was thinking alright. They are placing the Tohku arc just before Magneto breaks out of prison.

Overall I think the whole anime deserves a distinction compared to the other 2, cos of a lot of things not seen in Iron Man and Wolveriine anime. But the finale is more of a mind battle, although Professor X starts to show his powers, so I'm giving it a 4/5.
Jun 25, 2011 9:58 PM

Feb 2008
This iron man looks so awesome

why they couldn't do it in that way....

Rogue and colosus

Nightcrawl and deadpool

Cap. Britai

Archangel

About the chap, was Mehhh.... Crappy ending
7/10 only for the awesome draw/animation quality and the G cup of the womens =P

Jun 26, 2011 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
This was much better than the previous 2 adaptations but it still had some problems..

I loved the cameos in this epsiode.. I hope we get a Deadpool anime.. That would be awesome!
Jun 26, 2011 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
So Takeo chose a woman over his father?

Good choice >_<

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 27, 2011 10:41 AM

Apr 2007
Fuck yeah Deadpool and Rogue!

Well some episode were really bad and Sasaki & Hisako were annoying most of the time, but overall I enjoyed it. I'm only a little disappointed they didn't throw more mutants in. And have them actually talk.
Jun 27, 2011 1:08 PM

Nov 2007
I feel generous giving this a 3 or 4 out of 10. it really felt terrible or at best a bad adaptation. the only part I enjoyed here was the cameos, was cool seeing Rogue, Colossus and Archangel but why was Nightcrawler with Deadpool of all people? and Captain Britain?

the anime original characters sucked but the real characters like Storm weren't treated much better. I hope there isn't a 2nd season really as I don't want to see Magneto treated as poorly or as another generic villain.

the worst thing about this entire anime was Hisako. DAMN she was annoying especially this last episode. I really wanted to punch her in the face and yell SHUT UP. she constantly whined and spouted the dumbest lines. she was rarely if ever useful and just so annoying. I understand they wanted a Japanese character, but god couldn't they use Surge or Sunfire? or MAKE HISAKO LESS ANNOYING?
Jun 30, 2011 9:43 AM

Feb 2008
OK, so I'm a big fan of the japanese anime. And I also happen to be a big fan of the american X-men series. So when I first heard that they were going to do an anime adaptation of X-men, I was like super-ultra-mega-happy ! My two favorite things were going to get combined, so how could I not be happy ? "Anime is awesome, X-men is awesome, so this show has to be at least double awesome !", was my first thought . Well guess what ? I was DEAD WRONG ! Anime and X-men never got me bored, but the X-men anime made me feel like my brain was experiencing a very slow and excruciatingly painful death. The final episode was LAME ! Way to cheesy, if you ask me, I could barely stand it ! There was way to much drama ! The action was dragged and dragged and then dragged some more ! And my favorite character, Rogue, was there for only 2 seconds ! I'm never going to watch any Marvel-Madhouse co-production ever again !

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jul 6, 2011 3:18 AM

Dec 2007
Zepwich said:
This was much better than the previous 2 adaptations but it still had some problems..

I loved the cameos in this epsiode.. I hope we get a Deadpool anime.. That would be awesome!

This. Iron Man was okay. Wolverine was cliched garbage. This was...decent, though it got worse as time went on. Need a second season for this series.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jul 25, 2011 10:39 AM
Jul 2009
It was ok but hey it deservers season 2. Come on so many new things, ideas and characters cannot be put in 12 ep series?!!!?!?!
xxx
Aug 29, 2011 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
haha even Ironman made a cameo

the ending is acceptable, just barely...

overall, i enjoy the charater designs/drawing, the nice OP and ED music but the script and story are not good enough

i dont mind another season if they show more X-men members and villains (not the Mastermind's underlings type)
Sep 21, 2011 12:52 PM

Sep 2009
decent ending....if you can call it that cause judging from the ending, madhouse is hinting a second season under way
Dec 4, 2011 4:16 AM

Dec 2010
I decided to watch this episode just because I had nothing else to do. It didn't turn out as bad as I expected. This anime sucked a lot, even if it had 2-3 well-designed moments. The only good thing about this episode was Deadpool's appearance(making sexy poses instead of saving children like everyone else) and the preview for the next season - Magnito will probably make me watch the second season, he was always one of my favorites.

My score on this anime goes like this:

1. Characters. +1. All in all some of the characters were OK - Cyclops, Wolverine and Professor X. Cyclops was stable character and the professor did very well too(he has the body of Kingpin when he's not sitting in his chair, lol).
2. Atmosphere. It was really bad that this anime didn't have some good atmosphere at any moment.
3. OST. Often I give one point to sucky animes because of their so-so(or even very good) OSTs, but this doesn't go for X-Men.
4. Animation. +1. I didn't like the design on most of the characters, but still Logan and Scott were really badass-looking.
5. Background story. Nope. Half-assed story about Professor's son? It was really bad one.
6. Storyline. I've seen much better storylines put in 11-13 episodes. X-Men did really bad, I didn't like the plot or almost anything from the story at all.
7. Ending. Horrible ending of a horrible anime, I can't say anything else. I'm not even sure what actually happened there...
8. Fight scenes. +1. Well, the fight scenes were really good I must admit that. The visual effects helped for that too.
9. Drama. Nothing like this in the anime - even if Jean was already dead at the beginning, there wasn't much feelings in the anime at all.
10. Overall feeling. I didn't like it much. It went really wrong even though it had the chance to become something good at one point.
Bonus(extra) point for:... +1. Just because of the scene after the ending - Magneto rules and that's it.

Overall score: 4/10

Well, too bad about the first season going so bad, but I have some hopes for the next one. Can something go wrong if it involves Magneto's appearance? KA-KA-KA! I hope it will turn out the same like Sengoku Basara - sucky first season, but the second one was real combo breaker!
Dec 26, 2011 11:20 AM

Oct 2009
Only good thing were seeing the other mutants :\\\\

I was expecting to see Magneto and the rest but ehh, the anime might have been better if the Brotherhood were the villains ah well.

Why did it show Magneto have escaped? Another season or just for the heck of it O.o

Now i am gonna go watch the TAS again to wash this crap down.

6/10
Jan 6, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
Kinda disapointing. I loved seeing all the cameos, and the ending is intriging, but otherwise, this was kind of bland.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 7, 2012 12:17 PM
Oct 2011
What was that in the epliouge

or after the credits

There may be a 2nd season with Magneto

WHen will this come out? Anybody know?
Sep 18, 2012 6:31 PM
Mar 2011
the world is saved by love and friendship. LOL

anyway, i thought the animation was great. the story not so much. keep in mind, the target audience is japan. so the main villain is japanese, saved by the typical japanese anime girl in hisako in a place in japan.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Sep 18, 2012 7:32 PM
Oct 2009
I liked it. Would love to see a second season. One thing I would like to see is them wearing their proper outfits.
Dec 3, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
out of all the marvel anime i really felt this one should have been given more episodes i mean whats the point of showing Juggernaut magneto and Mystique if they don't even show up. it was well done i felt it really need to be continued
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 25, 2013 12:10 AM
May 2013
I loved It, how could you hate it?

I deeply enjoyed it. I love Rogue and Emma Frost, They belong with Scott <3. I can't wait for 2nd season. Also yup the comments are right, Rogue,Nightcrawler,and many more(I wish Shadowcat was there).
Jan 7, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2008
It was ok...but MAN...Strom was so FRIGGIN' HAWT IN THIS !!!!! WHEW!!
Sep 5, 2014 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
Not so sure why these Marvel Anime have garnered such hate, I just can't understand why every time I look at threads like this all I see is bashing and tearing down of these series.

I've been a fan of comic books, mostly Marvel, since early childhood. I've spent the last 15 years or so of my life watching anime. So, projects like this really appealed to me, and did not disappoint. Sure it was different from the comics, sure it was different than the cartoons that never get things right, sure it was different from those horrible live action movies, but damn people it was not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Anime have certain formulas they follow, it's those formula that have made anime so successful and they are not likely to ever change. So, when Marvel allowed Madhouse to make anime adaptions of their characters, in completely original storylines, it's no surprise that those anime followed the formulas that have given anime their success. Marvel gave the rights to Madhouse to do completely original takes on their characters, did you really expect and original take to be a copy of stories Marvel has already done? Did you really expect an anime series to not follow the tropes, cliches, and formulas that have earned them success?

The only complaint I really have about this series, and the reason I only gave it a 7 out of 10, was Hisako. Her only mutant power to speak of was Plot Armor, and the character did not fit well with the X-Men Universe. But, as I stated already, formulas, cliches, and the such... That was what the Hisako character was, all of the formulas, cliches, and tropes that could not use with the Marvel characters without changing them from their established personalities.

I've watched all but the Blade series, which I'm going to watch next, but so far I think I'd have to say Wolverine has been the best one of these Marvel Anime projects. But, I've rated them all a 7 out of 10 so far because they've all been equally as good. I favor Wolverine more because of it's simplistic structure.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Mar 1, 2015 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
Out of the three Marvel and Madhouse collaborations I have seen thus far, "X-Men" is the best, but only because the other two were rather poor in their storytelling. Hopefully "Blade" will at least be on the quality of this one.

With a team dynamic, this show turned out to be a lot more enjoyable than "Iron Man" and "Wolverine".
Mar 17, 2015 9:07 AM

Feb 2015
That's 12 episodes where I could've been trying out Tiger & Bunny. I feel so fucked over. This, like the rest of these episodes, were just kind of there.
Jun 2, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
Armor's annoyance level just increased.

Took them 12 episodes before showing some x-men nice.... splendid, splendid! though it was nice seeing nightclawer (nice hair) and archangel.

Looks like our magnet friend has 'somehow' broke out of prison. Shame we wont be seeing him anytime soon.
Nov 7, 2015 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
ok
Dec 12, 2019 7:11 PM

Aug 2017
This is the second anime that I binge-watched for the last lvl of the Challenge and I can say that it was difficult for me to continue lol.

Storm and Cyclops are both pathetic and useless here, enemies are strong as the plot demands it, Takeo's mom is a bitch and she deserves to be killed for the amount of people who were killed because of her, the sudden change of antagonist during the last 2 episodes is pointless, forced and stupid. Kinda disapointing if u ask me but its not an awful anime...I like Emma character and she probably the best character in this anime. 4/10 for the anime.
NurguburuAug 5, 2021 12:16 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 25, 2022 8:41 PM
Mar 2022
ate the house down
Dec 8, 2022 5:29 AM

Nov 2012
pretty awful ending, not that it started that great but the last few eps defo a mess.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 12, 2023 5:53 PM
Oct 2020
wish there was the implied sequel with magneto i see some potential here

More topics from this board

Poll: » X-Men Episode 3 Discussion

Kiijutsu - Apr 16, 2011

37 by abystoma2 »»
Feb 17, 5:54 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 2 Discussion

kisami - Apr 9, 2011

40 by abystoma2 »»
Feb 17, 5:15 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 11 Discussion

13man18 - Jun 18, 2011

15 by JVskunkape »»
Dec 8, 2022 3:49 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkxdestiny - Apr 1, 2011

99 by deadaccount2324 »»
Jan 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 10 Discussion

belatkuro - Jun 11, 2011

16 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 12, 2019 7:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.