Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion

Nov 22, 2017 12:22 AM
Im kinda pissed at the ending.The resolution to the main problem was perfect,menma got her wish,a proper goodbye and and went to heaven.Heres the thing that pissed me off the more it really settled in my head: why did they leave off their relationships with loose ends?!?I really hate that.It just hurts me a bit in my chest knowing that the characters dont seem all that happy by the end.I hate that,even though it mightve happened,Anaru ending up with jintan is not solidified and the same goes for the other two. I wish we wouldve got more development in that aspect.They shouldve shown us the cast in the future when they are finally happy and settled;maybe even had kids.It sucks that its so open like that,it just feels like the story was cut a bit short for me and leaves an annoyingly sad/bitter/frustrating sense of dissatisfaction.Its like having a rock in your shoe,it may only be a small problem but it makes sure to remind you its there every time you think about it.If not for that,this show would be a ten for me.Its a great show but those loose ends drag it down for me. Its a strong 8 imo. Sorry for rambling but I really need to express my frustration somewhere or else it wouldve bothered me forever.
Modified by SIX_PAINS, Nov 22, 2017 12:27 AM

Dec 6, 2017 2:04 PM

This was the third anime I watched. Gave it an 8/10 but I think a 7 is more appropriate after a rewatch and being far more experienced with the medium. It tried to be too melodramatic and ended up being rather cringe worthy. The animation is rather nice though with a peaceful OST and pretty good characters.

In the end I feel like Toradora and Shigatsu did melodrama a lot better.

Dec 9, 2017 3:56 AM
I guess they solved it. It was nice that everybody was able to see her at the end. Can't say I enjoyed the entire ride though. The middle part was getting pretty annoying. But then again I think Drama simply isn't for me. At least combine it properly with romance or anything. This was just kids being angry at each other for 11 episodes.

Srsly the only I'm feeling sorry for is Poppo. He had to watch one of his friends die while being too scared to help and probably didn't tell anybody about that until that point. I was wondering why he dropped out of school and traveled around the world but didn't think anything like that would have been the reason. Must have been pretty rough.

And while we are at it anyway I'm kinda disappointed we didn't find out what happened exactly. I mean apparently it wasn't and important point of the story but I still would have liked to know. Poppo only saw her once she was in the river after all. But what did really happen at that day? We only know Jintan ran away, a few were following him and Yukiatsu told Menma he loved her. After that it's absolutely unclear what was going on.

Well. The start was nice and the end, too. Without the middle part I'd give it a pretty good score but as I said I'm not a big fan of this kind of drama so I'll avoid rating it at all.

Dec 13, 2017 2:48 PM
Crying loads is an understatement for this anime
11/10

Dec 22, 2017 7:48 PM
Holy shit this was a painful one to watch.

Not cause the anime was garbage, as the only thing I disliked was one scene in the beginning of the show (Conversation between Jintan and Anaru when she almost fell into the lake) when I felt the writing got lazy, and occasional moments here and there where I feel characters reactions leaned towards the more 'archetype' spectrum, after some of the more realistic encounters we got.

But again HOOOOLLLLY SHIIIIIIT. I didn't even find this shit sad - I found my relation to it fucking sad lmao lol. I didn't even realize my life was THIS edgy till I just saw the whole shit go down in 11 episodes lmao lol.

The art was nice, animation needed work at some parts, writing was really fucking good for an A-1 anime, I actually liked it lol.
Pixel_Vapour said:
This was the third anime I watched. Gave it an 8/10 but I think a 7 is more appropriate after a rewatch and being far more experienced with the medium. It tried to be too melodramatic and ended up being rather cringe worthy. The animation is rather nice though with a peaceful OST and pretty good characters.
In the end I feel like Toradora and Shigatsu did melodrama a lot better.

lmao me quoting an old ass comment lol

I won't say Toradora did melodrama better but Shigatsu did a lot of things better(even with its own shitty momements), but it took me an hour or two after I watched the last episode to realize. I finished it and was like - x part was cringey, and why the fuck did scene y happen, and so forth - and then I realized, holy shit I know people like this, I've seen a situation like this, and dramatic shit like that lol lol. It may have gotten cringey, especially during the middle, and ep 10, but fuck man, it is at least realistic with some of its scenes lol.
Modified by YayaShizuka, Dec 22, 2017 7:54 PM

Dec 26, 2017 1:31 AM

I don’t like this anime and the characters at all. I am a very emotional person and I cry for every sad animes but I did not cry at all for this anime.

3/10

Jan 6, 2018 4:26 AM

Come to think of it "Super Peace Busters" sounds like a villain group. I mean busting peace in a superly way.

Jan 7, 2018 11:53 AM

I seriously cried in the episode :(

MASTERPIECE!!!

Feb 4, 2018 3:33 PM
Yup. Just finished, cried like a bitch.

Feb 13, 2018 6:33 AM
I was enjoying the ending with everyone just being honest and stuff. But the second part after they look for Menma is just so... forced. The way she disappears but then appears again... almost eleven episodes of plot-establishing she is a Jintan-only presence thrown away felt incredibly frustrating to me.

Also, I have three complaints about this series:

1. How NO ONE decided to go to a psychologist is beyond me. In fact, how NO ONE addressed this subject until her reappearance is also extremely bothersome.

2. She is a physical entity. Why didn't she or Jintan, for once, thought about communicating before? It's so obvious. "Menma's here. Oh, you want proof? Okay, Menma, just move that chair". Viola. But NO

3. It's an add-on of 3, really; there was a scene Jintan's father went in his room and Menma was sleeping on the bed. Which means Jintan's father saw the bed sheets floating (above Menma, who he can't see) but JUST DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT. This man must've gone some terrible stuff, like Nam or Okinawa, to not care about that.

Feb 19, 2018 4:02 PM
Holy shit that was an awesome anime and I feel like they executed the melodrama really well, along with the right amount of romance. Also, for the people that disliked the ending, I thought the ending was one of the best. It was a happy ending as everyone got to see Menma and both sides got to say their final good-byes. The small bit after Menma disappearing was not ambiguous as to what happened to the relationships between the characters, as some people complained. Jinta giving the handkerchief back to Anaru signified that he finally moved on from Menma, because the handkerchief represented Anaru's feelings of love toward Jinta, and by giving it back, it shows that he reciprocates those feelings now. Also with Yukiatsu and Tsuruko, Tsuruko had the old hairpin that Yukiatsu tried to give Menma before she died, which meant that Yukiatsu, realizing Tsuruko's feelings for him, also moved on from Menma. I didn't feel that Yukiatsu and Jinta both moving on from Menma was sad in any way, because Menma wanted them to stop carrying burdens from the past and move forward with their lives, and I felt that the last scene signified this step forward.

Feb 19, 2018 4:53 PM

I found it to be quite derivative

Feb 28, 2018 9:46 AM
👏👏👏👏😢😢😢😢 This FINALE EPISODE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Many for sure cried on this one since you could feel the emotions of the character on this one. Its a SAD FEELING LOSING SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU!!!

*finally what i have been waiting for; the REALIZATION OF EACH ONE OF THEM that they only fulfill menma's wish for the sake of personal grudge against each other or some circumstances in the past that they cant move on

*that GOODBYE SCENE WERE they are assuming playing hide and seek then they have been able to see menma in the end and have their farewell goodbye!!! Is so sad ... and the letter menma given to them could give you 😢😢😢..

A VERY HEARTWARMING, BEAUTIFUL STORY THAT GIVES IMPORTANCE TO FRIENDSHIP!!!

Mar 10, 2018 9:41 PM
Saw the story on wikipedia years ago, and thought it's a "ehh" story. Fast forward into 2018 and thought "why not give this a go?". Now, after binging this in the middle of the night, this, like many other animes I've watched, brought teare into my eyes, only problem is that they got stuck there.... Now I know why people recommend tissues with some anime.

Th ending was something I was dreading, because IT ENDED! AND THEY CANT MAKE A SEQUEL BECAUSE IT WILL RUIN THIS AMAZING STORY!

-rant and tears done-

10/10

Mar 11, 2018 7:54 AM

It was a nice anime, last 2 episodes very cool, but otherwise pretty slow, and nothing special.
6/10

Apr 21, 2018 11:52 AM
Nice to see that something between Naruko and Jintan is hinted at.

May 3, 2018 12:17 PM
</overrated>

I really wanted to love this series. I had been hearing about it since the dawn of 2011 and I won't deny it has good qualities but my god. Why does this series focus so much on the love pentagon of these teenagers. Like it'd maybe be cool if it was a triangle at most but it involved 5/6 and Poppo is so left out and dealing with the most conflicting thing of them all aside from Jinta. Like fuck. They're all dealing with the jealously and love of another when there are other ways to cope with death. I only slightly cried in episode 1 and 11 but every time a character broke down I was like "I should be crying now right?" But these characters are so fucking hard to get attached to.

I'll also add that the events of 10 should've been pushed up to like 7/8 and we had more time to spend with the 5. It was Menma story but I'm suppose to feel for these other characters and their plight and I'm like WELL HOW?

Also the romance being not developed bothers me, and I know it's not a romance story but for it to focus half the run time on it, like dang.

Anyways. Good ride. Maybe 16 year old me would've bawled her eyes out but I'm too old for this.

May 17, 2018 1:07 AM

cried hard while reading the manga, cried harder with this episode.
Menma <3

May 24, 2018 12:54 AM
Two days ago, I finished watched this anime, and I think "Damn! It's very late" Hahahah. Okay, I think this anime is masterpiece! Love all characters development, the portion of the drama is not excessive and reliable like was happened in real world. They are stucked on their own personal problem and struggling to through it. Can't describe anymore about this.. cause when the ED song played (when they're try to find Menma), like "AHHH! I can't hold my tears..." too much feeling in here, they fall down from my eyes by themselves. Love that ED song since I hear it on eps 1!! Anyway, the most character I love is Anaru! I like her personality, very kind and care about Jintan (of course, cause she's love him hahaha). I love when she's feel embarrassed, love her blushing face & her gesture ngghhhh! It's not about someone have a worst disease, but they can presents something different where it can make us will never forget it.

Score : 10/10
Most sad anime I've ever seen! After Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April), SAO S2 (Mother's Rosario arc) and Violet Evergarden. Arigatou gozamaisu!

Oct 22, 2018 10:28 PM
Ya know.... sometimes I just hate the stories that some anime tell simply because of how much I love them, even if I just don’t get the story at all. Just finished “Anohana: the flower we saw that day” and it’s one of those anime.

Nov 2, 2018 4:24 AM
I literally never cried from a series like I cried today. It was so sad I called my mom and said "It's not fair!! but it is and it's happy but I don't wanna!!!!" and she proised me we will write another ending together. I was a TOTAL crybaby

Nov 2, 2018 11:50 AM

Cookie-ChanSB said:
I literally never cried from a series like I cried today. It was so sad I called my mom and said "It's not fair!! but it is and it's happy but I don't wanna!!!!" and she proised me we will write another ending together. I was a TOTAL crybaby

Me too, I have not had such a good anime cry since Kimi no na wa. This was a really good show.

Nov 3, 2018 1:52 AM

TT_____________________________TT

SPECTACULAR ENDING

For an anime that wasn't out of the ordinary, it was VERY WELL executed. I can see why it's up there in rankings. I'm so glad I watched this and it def has good rewatch value :')

Satisfying how Menma could convey her feelings to everyone and receive their responses in return. I love how her handwriting went from neat to wobbly in her little notes-- poor sweetheart was trying SO HARD <3333333 Q~Q She even mustered the strength to carve the wooden panel up top of the secret base TT^TT das mah strong bby guh Menmaaaaaaa <3 she was absolutely adorable crying in the end

9/10 bravo

Nov 20, 2018 11:08 AM
Crazy ending! I’m glad they all got to experience menma last moment, I give this ending straight 10! RIP 🙏🏾

Jan 23, 8:16 PM

definitely teared up and had feels, but overall, the anime kind of had me irritated at how simple it was to prove her existence and the overall character yukiatsu was. 7.5 would be appropiate, but ill go for a 7 for the sake of mals scale.

Mar 25, 2:09 PM

Meh. Meiko really ruined it and how they handled her. I couldn't bring myself to care much about any of these other characters either. Neat ending for what it is, I guess.

May 18, 4:02 AM

So Menma died from the result of a meeting where she wanted to get Jinta to cry... talk about an overachiever.

That was a good laugh all around. It's almost the funniest anime of 2011, but Mirai Nikki came out in 2011 too so it had stiff competition. Can't say it didn't try though, so it gets a solid 4/10 as well.

Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]