Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2011 1:59 PM
Dec 2007
SurferDude said:
Gogetters said:
Wooo! Nice!

Now if only Doki would finish the DVDs...

They will. In 2015. Then they'll do all the BDs in a week.
Lol, Doki has strange release periods. They'll keep a project stalled for ages and then release it completely in a matter of days.

Anyway, is Gonzo in charge of this again.

Jun 23, 2011 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
Never saw the first season. Guess it's a good reason to do so now.
Jun 23, 2011 5:43 PM
Nov 2007
I am shocked. I wanted to just come in and say how shit the first season was and how they dare to make more of the same garbage and I stumbled on all of those people who are fans of that garbage. Some people even mentioned Akagi in the same sentence as Saki. The wave of mediocre animes was bound to catch up to us and it did and now even mediocre series like this can get a good following.

P.S. It was honestly one of the stupidest shows I have ever seen with special mention going to the "invisible" girl.
Jun 23, 2011 8:50 PM

Jun 2010
time to watch Season 1 then.
Jun 24, 2011 1:11 AM
Nov 2008
Omigosh! Yaaay!

:D
Jun 24, 2011 1:15 AM

Oct 2009
kuroshiroi said:
Rinshan kaihou is back!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2011 1:54 AM

Aug 2008
I shall fondle my mahjong tiles with impugnity

Yorozuya-GIN said:
time to watch Season 1 then.

I've literally re-watched Season 1 episodes... at least 20 times each... during the past year XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jun 24, 2011 2:32 AM

Jul 2010
nodottititi again
Jun 24, 2011 2:40 AM

Sep 2008
FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK YESSSSSSSSSSS!
I needs me some Nodotitts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2011 4:18 AM

Oct 2007
Neji said:
No need for personal insults. I only said that the series was garbage and I was shocked that so many people liked it and wanted season two. That show was braindead and I still can't figure out what part you could enjoy in it. "Moe?" and that's it? Kids these days don't need much to be satisfied. You guys need to watch Idiocracy.
Brother, how many "Moe" have you seen in this thread before you even start to talk about it? Saki is not the greatest ever made nor it has any amazing plot. But this show is entertainment and by this I don't mean MOE shit or any of the fan service. This show is all about how each player play their game on their own way and yes some of them are unbelievable but that is the point of fiction is about. And this show is way better than most crappy shounen show that only know how to talk about power of friendshit. And I can watch Rinshan kaihou more than eight time.
SivaJun 24, 2011 11:47 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 24, 2011 5:24 AM
Nov 2008
Why the hell is everyone talking about Haruhi? I can't even see the relation to Saki.
Jun 24, 2011 5:24 AM

Jun 2010
Siva said:
Neji said:
No need for personal insults. I only said that the series was garbage and I was shocked that so many people liked it and wanted season two. That show was braindead and I still can't figure out what part you could enjoy in it. "Moe?" and that's it? Kids these days don't need much to be satisfied. You guys need to watch Idiocracy.
Brother, how many "Moe" have seen in this thread before you even start to talk about it? Saki is not the greatest ever made nor it has any amazing plot. But this show is entertainment and by this I don't mean MOE shit or any of the fan service. This show is all about how each player play their game on their own way and yes some of them are unbelievable but that is the point of fiction is about. And this show is way better than most crappy shounen show that only know how to talk about power of friendshit. And I can watch Rinshan kaihou more than eight time.

Truth told - it's obvious that the show doesn't excel in any specific aspect, but it entertains one more than most other animes.
(Even though I still keep myself wondering exactly why it's so catching - there were so many scenes I watched more than two dozen times already)
Jun 24, 2011 9:32 AM
Sep 2010
KyuuAL said:

I've literally re-watched Season 1 episodes... at least 20 times each... during the past year XD

Same with me :)
Jun 24, 2011 10:54 AM

Mar 2009
IT'S AMAZING NEWS!
Jun 24, 2011 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
HELL YES! I'm so excited now!!! >=D
Jun 24, 2011 2:30 PM

Nov 2009
so...happy T T *tears of joy*
Jun 24, 2011 5:55 PM
Nov 2007
Asturaetus said:
Siva said:
Neji said:
Brother, how many "Moe" have seen in this thread before you even start to talk about it? Saki is not the greatest ever made nor it has any amazing plot. But this show is entertainment and by this I don't mean MOE shit or any of the fan service. This show is all about how each player play their game on their own way and yes some of them are unbelievable but that is the point of fiction is about. And this show is way better than most crappy shounen show that only know how to talk about power of friendshit. And I can watch Rinshan kaihou more than eight time.

Truth told - it's obvious that the show doesn't excel in any specific aspect, but it entertains one more than most other animes.
(Even though I still keep myself wondering exactly why it's so catching - there were so many scenes I watched more than two dozen times already)

I am honestly surprised. The series just didn't strike me as anything that can have such following. To everyone their own I suppose.
Jun 24, 2011 6:35 PM

Jul 2008
Neji said:
Hypno-girl said:
Neji said:
I am shocked. I wanted to just come in and say how shit the first season was and how they dare to make more of the same garbage and I stumbled on all of those people who are fans of that garbage. Some people even mentioned Akagi in the same sentence as Saki. The wave of mediocre animes was bound to catch up to us and it did and now even mediocre series like this can get a good following.

P.S. It was honestly one of the stupidest shows I have ever seen with special mention going to the "invisible" girl.

Saying that with having haruhi as your favorite make you look more retarded than this show itself.

Trolololol

Wow... You are actually trying to compare Haruhi to the "garbage". Your stupidity isn't even worth a comment.

Have you even read my post on page 3? I'll quote it for you.

Hypno-girl said:
jmal said:
Hypno-girl said:
Saying that with having haruhi as your favorite make you look more retarded than this show itself.
Trolololol

Uhhh, Neji was being a twat, certainly, but have you looked at your favorite shows lately? Your comeback doesn't make sense anyway. Saki and Haruhi have almost nothing noteworthy in common.

The movie was magistral, the TV serie was shit.
I'm starting to get annoyed by all these blind fanboy/girl that do not see that Haruhi have more fanservice than most of the show they criticise. And by fanservice I do not mean the usual panty shot or anything perverted but anything related to something being made to please the fan, it include the characterisation, the event.
In that aspect Haruhi is not too far from Saki I dare to say.

Before you start going to cry because I do not have the same opinion than you and that I did not watched the show know that I did and I was even a fan before yet when 30% of the show is about Haruhi sexually harrasing Mikuru and the rest is about overly cliche character with dialogue that would make golden sun cry on the ammount/deepness ratio it is not because it is set in an interesting setting that it'll save the show.

Everyone, get aboard the hate train!

If you disagree with what I said then state your point of view because right now I seem to have a much more well developed opinion than the fanboy #infinite that is in denial because he is told that what he like isn't absolute good.
Jun 24, 2011 7:31 PM

Jul 2009
I hope Studio 5kumi (Gokumi) is behind this. They are, after all, the former Gonzo staff members who worked on Saki.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 24, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
jmal said:
Hypno-girl said:
If you disagree with what I said then state your point of view because right now I seem to have a much more well developed opinion than the fanboy #infinite that is in denial because he is told that what he like isn't absolute good.

All bow before Hypno-girl, sole arbiter of what is good, master of taste. She has the supernatural ability to tell you what is good or not, and her opinion is better than your opinion.

Or maybe she's just full of herself and full of shit, in equal portions.

Yeah let's go with #2.

Where did I stated that my opinion was a fact ? Oh wait I didn't that's why I can't find it.
Before you try to be a smart-ass because I think that something that you like is bad then try to actually bring some point as to why what I said is not true. It's a form of debate that you should have learned in school, if you actually went that is.
Jun 24, 2011 8:33 PM

Apr 2009
Lol, I haven't actually watched this, but I got a 'moe mahjong' vibe from it. I am not surprised this is getting a second season.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jun 25, 2011 12:46 AM

May 2008
Attention:
Respect the opinions of others please. What I saw here on the last couple pages was just senseless trolling opinionated bashing. People don't like what you like -- get over it. None of this discussion is related to the second season of saki, so unless you'd like to discuss that in some meaningful way please move your debate shouting elsewhere, kthx. If I see anymore "Saki sucks sothere" or "no you're wrong" posts I'm going to remove them and start issuing bans. Cut it out.

I am a banana.
Jun 25, 2011 2:06 AM

Jan 2010
Hmmm, maybe I'll watch the 1st season then.... ^^
Jun 25, 2011 5:36 AM

Sep 2008
I'm mostly interested in anything mahjong because I do play Japanese mahjong IRL.

FCK YES yuri moe :DDDDDDDDDDDDD *cough* i mean, mahjong is awesome!
Jun 25, 2011 6:29 AM
Dec 2009
saka said:
Attention:
Respect the opinions of others please. What I saw here on the last couple pages was just senseless trolling opinionated bashing. People don't like what you like -- get over it. None of this discussion is related to the second season of saki, so unless you'd like to discuss that in some meaningful way please move your debate shouting elsewhere, kthx. If I see anymore "Saki sucks sothere" or "no you're wrong" posts I'm going to remove them and start issuing bans. Cut it out.

you should really do that as these things are becoming more pain in the but nowadays.

Jun 25, 2011 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
YUUUUUUUUUUUSH!! -dances like crazy- I'm gonna see ETOPEN AGAIN!! xD

edit: Oh, and this is not a debate forum so chill out guys.
zenshikiJun 25, 2011 7:40 AM

Deliveries
Kannazuki no Miko
Chikane & Himeko

Jun 25, 2011 2:47 PM
Apr 2009
Do want!!! can't wait
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Jun 25, 2011 4:22 PM

Jul 2009
I've been waiting for this since the first season ended!!
Jun 25, 2011 10:57 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, well the first season left the viewers hanging since they got a teaser in the ending about Saki's sister.

Deliveries
Kannazuki no Miko
Chikane & Himeko

Jun 25, 2011 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
yes yes yes!! I am so happy with this~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 26, 2011 7:25 PM
Jun 2011
firebound12 said:
I'm mostly interested in anything mahjong because I do play Japanese mahjong IRL.

FCK YES yuri moe :DDDDDDDDDDDDD *cough* i mean, mahjong is awesome!

I agree with you this will help me to continue learning how to play Japanese mahjong... Aw hell who I'm I kidding? YURI MOE FTW!
Jun 27, 2011 9:29 AM

Dec 2007
Is it still Gonzo or are they pulling a Strike Witches S2?
Jun 30, 2011 6:26 AM

Nov 2009
all i did was go: WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA
heh, rinshan kaihou.
made me start to try winning with this move. In a total of 20 games, i have only done it once
Jun 30, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
Yes... Yes... YES!!! >:D
Jul 12, 2011 3:54 AM
May 2011
when will it be aired
Jul 16, 2011 5:25 AM

Sep 2010
Glad to hear about this. I was almost sure a 2nd season wouldn't happen (while hoping it would lol).
Jul 16, 2011 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
thebrevity said:
Glad to hear about this. I was almost sure a 2nd season wouldn't happen (while hoping it would lol).

When you watch the last episode

Deliveries
Kannazuki no Miko
Chikane & Himeko

Jul 25, 2011 11:14 PM
May 2011
just got done watching first season--i know this mahjong playing Saki going be one of a kind just like the first 25 episodes
Aug 17, 2011 8:17 AM
Dec 2010
Awesome.
Aug 17, 2011 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
Will their skirts be just as short or even shorter this time?

Aug 17, 2011 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
Akamitsu said:
Will their skirts be just as short or even shorter this time?

Skirts? What skirts?
Aug 29, 2011 8:31 AM
Nov 2010
OH , YEAHAAAAAAAAH !
^^
Aug 29, 2011 12:06 PM

Feb 2008
Well I already knew it will become 2nd season, they can't end without National.

It's even said so in the end of season 1.
See you again

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 30, 2011 5:13 AM

Apr 2008
What what what what what!?
*shocked* :P

YEY :D
Was so hoping they`d continue it :D
Thank god xD
Yes, I`m quite happy about it xD

Aug 30, 2011 8:45 AM

Feb 2008
The manga were so awesome too, now I am looking even forward more of this season to be released.
Maho with her copy style but in the end she failed.
Saki was shocked when she got Rinshan Kaihou.

The manga is not even done yet, still continue.
I expect this will be released late 2011 or early 2012.
Give the manga a chance!

When this released I believe this is going to be the best season :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 8, 2012 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
Soooo, anyone knows more about when there will be a second season for the anime?
Hello
May 10, 2012 7:43 PM

Apr 2012
finally!
Rinshan kaihō!

jmal said:
Z_N-Freak said:
Soooo, anyone knows more about when there will be a second season for the anime?

We're getting Side A first. Assuming sales for it don't totally tank, we should see a direct continuation of the first season eventually. But from what I understand, the manga has made very little progress after all this time, so it might not be soon.

well,
i dont really think that sales for side A is better bcause its only side story..
IMO Season 2 of saki will be very warmly welcomed by fans
including me,lol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.