Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 19, 2022 3:28 PM

Jul 2016
I mean I enjoyed it... except for the part where Garcia and Roberta kissed. Man, Garcia is like 13 at most, I don't get why they had to make a kid be in a relationship with a grown-ass woman.
Apr 27, 2022 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
Roberta > Black lagoon

May 26, 2022 12:02 AM
Sep 2021
From what I gather from this forum, in the manga roberta ends up largely unscathed at the end of the arc and madhouse changed it so she got a LOT more injuries. Personally I'm a big fan of roberta being heavily injured at the end, the whole arc kinda felt like they were preaching at her "self destructiveness" and felt like there actually more stakes compared to previous arcs.
Aug 21, 2022 12:42 AM
Apr 2021
Damn this was one hell of a journey this girl went up against the US Army and terrorized them😭
Sep 23, 2022 1:38 PM
Oct 2021
Abartının abartısı.
Oct 5, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2019
That was an excellent finale
Nov 1, 2022 12:40 AM
Apr 2018
Messes with your mind in all the best and worst ways. Black Lagoon is an amazing anime!!!
Nov 16, 2022 8:39 PM
Oct 2022
For an anime that addressed real world sadistic actions just to have an invincible maid running around made no sense. Really unsatisfying ending, no payoff, it didn't have to be a happy ending. Just something that gave us more about Rock/Revy.. but apparently Rock thinks he's some kind genius and Revy... Who knows? She obviously feels for rock, but we'll never know how much.
Jan 29, 2023 7:21 PM
Jul 2021
WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END NOO
Jan 30, 2023 11:07 PM

Nov 2021
there is one more arc in the manga, which has not yet been adapted
ig I'll check it out someday...
Jul 29, 2023 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
prozyne said:
Correction: 2 arcs and a 3rd one already starting. Imho next arc is extremely boring and drawn out, but the one after that is pretty enjoyable.
Jul 29, 2023 8:55 PM

Nov 2021
TheMangaManiac said:
prozyne said:
Correction: 2 arcs and a 3rd one already starting. Imho next arc is extremely boring and drawn out, but the one after that is pretty enjoyable.
(。・ω・)ノ thank you for the info♪.+゚*。:゚+
Sep 11, 2023 7:49 AM

May 2015
Garcia's speech to Roberta was very sad and beautiful.

Well, very nice show, a real pleasure to watch.
Sep 12, 2023 3:38 PM
Feb 2021
Roberta's srory seems to be the best out of Black Lagoon!
More action, more emotion and overall more excitement!
Nevertheless it's not better than season 1 or 2 in rating!
7/10
Sep 16, 2023 5:07 AM
Aug 2023
Ending was disappointing,but TV Series itself was good.
Dec 30, 2023 4:35 AM
Dec 2023
It was absolutely crazy! Ive always love Roberta as a concept, and seeing her character be brought to its fullest potential was awesome!
Jan 18, 1:48 AM

Oct 2020
This final episode felt a little all over the place but I guess I'm glad things turned out okay for Garcia and Roberta..?

Also, I might be missing something but I couldn't help but feel a bit confused when Garcia kissed Roberta. It wasn't explicitly stated but I assumed she was more of a maternal figure to Garcia -- if anyone, I would've thought Garcia liked Fabiola. I don't know, maybe he was trying to shock her to snap her out of her crazed state but I feel like, in that case, an emotionally charged hug would have sufficed??
Jan 24, 6:26 PM

Jan 2024
Roberta's story finally comes to a close. Garcia (or maybe Rock?) was able to save her.

Rock's obsession with "winning the game" against Chang has gone so far that even Revy seems to see him in a different light. Rock has deduced that Chang is being backed by more than just the Hong Kong triad. I assumed it is some kind of American backing, probably CIA, based on Rock's previous conversation with Eda. I'm not quite sure why Rock has decided to defeat Chang, maybe it's because Chang is the most powerful and most in control of what goes on in Roanapur and the smuggling from the golden triangle.

Near the end of this episode Rock thinks he has "won the game" and "finally saved someone" when he sees the three stretchers with Caxton, Roberta, and Garcia alive on them. However, in the final scene Lagoon Company has received payment from Chang, meaning he is alive and still in power. Rock states that "someone else won the game" and that "he didn't save anyone". This new Rock uses "won the game" and "saving someone" as synonyms, but neither seems to actually refer to saving anyone's life. I interpret that as Rock feeling he cannot save anyone unless he controls the crime game or maybe he's looking to defeat whoever is behind Chang, although I'm not 100% certain on that. I'll be moving onto the manga because I really want to see where this goes.

I still have to watch the other OVA, but I can say that my time with Black Lagoon has been great overall. It got much more interesting as I watched more of it.
Mar 21, 2:46 AM
Jul 2020
Bloody Tears fall at the end, heartwarming & heartbreaking
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Mar 11, 2011

108 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Jan 9, 2011

138 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

173 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 22, 7:23 PM

» Sequel?

Paksh - Nov 5, 2023

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.