Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion

Aug 9, 2013 11:06 AM

nintendont said:
Anyone else regret watching this? It was fantastic but god damn...it's depressing to think there probably will never be more Black Lagoon.

Same here man, I should've stopped at season 2... Revy scenes in Ep. 5 hit me right in the damn feels...

Aug 10, 2013 3:53 AM

i agree the ending couldv been better but im still giving this a 10/10 because the action was awesome, Roberta is my waifu, and damn waiting all those years for the English dub to come out was extremely worth it. idc what people say, Black Lagoon is meant to be watched in English. Revy and her constant f-bombs crack me up. not to mention it has some of my other favorite voice actors. well as i said 10/10 i love this over the top violence and great English voice acting. I'll definitely be showing this to some of my friends.

shame it was only five 30 min eps :(

Aug 11, 2013 9:13 PM

Tabitha St. Germain's performance as Roberta was fantastic, so much emotion and badass rage, what a great English dub. The ending pissed me off though, it's not bad, but I think Roberta suffered enough, and I only get angrier when I read the manga... cause if the ending of this would have just been the same as the canonical ending from the manga, these OVAs would have been 10/10 perfect, because the manga's ending was freakin' great.

Aug 12, 2013 1:00 AM
What a series! amazing gunslinging and story all in one and everyone somehow has a happy ending who woulda thought. To be honest Rock was a monster that thinks he can change things but honestly...he'll always be a pawn because the house always wins. we know hotel moscow has major pull but obviously the triad showed their teeth along with the us army.

When it comes down to it chang won the bet i believe and this ova proved more then enough he's not a man to be messed with.
I give this a rating of 10 i think this is perfected action and storytelling in the world of crime. I honestly want more ova's like this!

Aug 14, 2013 1:42 PM

That massacre was helluva fun to watch! Though Roberta is now fked up both mentally AND physically! D: Hopefully she recovers back to her old self, and by the way the ending looked, I'm sure she is on her way to. :)

Aug 23, 2013 2:11 AM

it was okay but there should have been more than 5 episodes
RRRRRRRRRR

Aug 29, 2013 10:57 PM

Lol so why did Rock say he won against Mr.Chang?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Aug 31, 2013 9:28 AM
Didn't quite understand the context. It has been more than a year since I finished the original series. A little recap in the beginning would be better.

7/10.

Oct 4, 2013 2:50 AM
I thought it was okay if somewhat disappointing while watching but after having some time to think on it i think this was a terrible OVA.

First, the main reason i watch black lagoon is for Revy and she was entirely inconsequential in this. She might as well not have been there.

Second, the action made no sense. Black lagoon is at its best when it has realistically styled fights. Yeah they do things normal people couldnt do but they still play out with some logic. They might as well have been rolling dice to determine outcomes in this one. At one point Revy and crew run straight at the enemies who are all firing automatic weapons at her. She doesnt run evasively or kill them quickly. Just somehow runs in a straight line at a bunch of people firing assault rifles at her and is of course unharmed. The soldiers all manage to miss her AND all the other people in a narrow hallway.

Roberta jumps out of a window and the main grey fox guy shoots at her as she is hanging in the air. He manages to miss a target literally falling on his head and yet he is some badass. In the forest 2 people decide "screw tactics and im just gonna run at her in a straight line firing all my bullets". Does she maybe use cover or do some acrobatic evasive maneuver? No she just stands there and tanks it. Why? She should have only taken 3 hits in the episode but she just acts totally dumb and ends up super crippled (and really should be dead, you dont just live through getting shot 30+ times). Also totally insane that grey fox didnt have more support.

Third, Rock. I have no problem with him being more evil and trying to manipulate people. That is totally fine. However, there are 2 ways to be a manipulative mastermind. Either have tons of leverage so people have to go along with you or be trustworthy. He seemed to go out of his way to look as untrustworthy as possible. That is dumb. Look at say lelouch from code geass. Everyone thinks he is nice and caring and truly sympathizing with the japanese people for the majority of the show yet he was just manipulating everyone and was arguably totally evil. Thats how its done. You dont walk up to children you just had traumatized with an evil look on your face and hand them a gun and then say creepy things to them. That makes people not want to go along with your plans and he of all people should know that.

Also all of his plans were bad. Like literally every single one of them. They either relied on sooooo much coincidence or only worked due to outside influence that he said he hadnt predicted. For instance why did revy need to get shot? That did nothing to help his plans and if i was revy id be pretty damn pissed. Also why not tell revy what the plan was? His goal all along was to help the americans succeed in thier mission. What does he do? Immediately sends Revy to kill the americans. What possible purpose did that serve? All he needed to do was stop roberta from killing the americans.

It would have made a lot more sense to send revy to support the americans. He was also soooo lucky that the head FARC guy didnt kill roberta. He was also soooo lucky that Garcia just happened to get seperated from fabiola AND get rescued by the americans. Not sure why fabiola didnt send garcia in the direction of revy and crew. That seems a lot safer then in some unscouted direction that did in fact have tons of hostiles.

All in all it was a classic idiot plot. If everyone didnt act mindbogglingly stupid at the exact right times everything would have happened differently. Roberta likely would have gotten the drop on the americans that ended up rescuing garcia if he hadnt been up there to distract her. And the americans wouldnt have linked up with garcia or lagoon. Although all rock had to do was send a message over the radio instead of that incredibly circuitous plan he used.

On a positive note it was nice how the grey fox unit was portrayed. They were totally effective and smart and seemed like really nice guys opting to save the kid and even let him get revenge. Although that one losing discipline at the end and just running straight at roberta isnt something i expect to see from some super elite unit.

Im very unsure of what chang's plan was. Its clear that the success of the american mission had virtually no effect on him so why did he care. I guess he didnt. Since he has the CIA's backing i dont know why he would care about the americans having a fight in roanapoar. Especially seeing how a fight did erupt in roanapoar and it was just business as usual afterwards. Rock kept acting like everything was going according to his master plan and they were all puppets dancing before him but his grand plan was to give the americans a boat ride. What a badass.

I have no clue why grey fox was in raonapoar in the first place. Their mission wasnt there. Seems like waiting somewhere closer makes more sense. I also have problems with roberta being out of commission in anime but not manga. Seems dumb to write it that way. What happens if the manga brings her back? I dont see why switching to realism randomly at the end after long huge bouts of utter nonsense is somehow desirable. Maybe if the fights were executed in a more realistic fashion like jormungand it might have made sense but it feels off to come back to reality randomly at the end especially at the cost of going directly against the manga.
(placeholder sig)

Oct 9, 2013 12:46 PM

so all Chang wanted was to put the shits up the Americans via Roberta, and Rock just wanted to... not put the shits up them quite as much. Hard to tell who won exactly.

Right?

Why did they head to Cambodia again? And why was FARC with them in Roanapur? I think it was explained but only skimmed over.

Was ok, hoped for more action and/or plot exposition, got a tad of both.

Oct 17, 2013 7:09 PM
Was a bit confusing with Rock's plan and all but i actually enjoyed the OVA. I especially liked the action scene in the forest and seeing what would happen next. I think Chang's plan was for the Americans to loose, and Rock thought he was smart by letting the kid interferre with Changs plan by winning over Roberta and thus saving the Americans but i still don't understand how both plans would benefit him or Chang? Seems a bit rushed to me, lots of unanswered questions.

Fuck i don't understand how Roberta got injured in the forest, yet in the city where she got shot countless number of times, not a scatch. But overall i rate this a 8.4/10 because i enjoyed the story overall.

Chur.

Oct 18, 2013 8:28 PM

yeah I think Chang wanted to dissuade the US from interfering with his drugs operation, frightening them away from the city by using someone who everyone knew didn't live there anyway, and was only there because the US team was there to begin with.

Everyone else had to kill each other because... more action for the plot!

Rock wanted to spoil Chang's plans by not killing the US off entirely, meaning they... would come back and crack down on the drugs trade and all the gangs? Seems like a Pyrrhic victory really but idk.
Also he wanted to prevent innocents getting caught up in the violence, by doing just that, grinning maniacally all that while.

As I understand it.

Nov 13, 2013 12:58 PM

Great ending to on of the best series ever! I don't know if they'll continue on once more manga is out, but if not it was a truly fitting ending!

And pure genius dubbing! I wasn't sure if they cast could capture the same feelings from the series, as it's been so long since they originally dubbed it. On the contrary, I believe the did even better on the OVA!

Urahara Out!!

Nov 13, 2013 11:12 PM

I don't get why Fabiola and Garcia were pissed with Rock for, I mean..you kids got what you asked for right? Otherwise, why did you ask him to help you in the first place?

Anyway...after thinking about it, I really didn't like the plot at all, because it tried to be way more involved and complicated than it really was. I liked the OVA in terms of how badass it was, but I think the OVA takes away what defined Black Lagoon in the 2 seasons, and distances itself from it.

In terms of what actually happened, I don't really understand how she didn't get any scratches at all in the city, but in the forest and not at point blank range like in the city, she's fucked up beyond recognition. It just didn't make sense, and I suppose it has a lot to do with the differences between the manga ending, and another one of Madhouse's wonderfully devised endings (sarcasm).

I'm a major fan of the series, but I think if you look past all the flashyness of the animation and the fights, there's not much to this OVA, but no less I did enjoy it in some weird way. 8/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Dec 9, 2013 10:00 PM

Yeah the ending to this sucked pretty hard. Everything took a very confusing turn when we got to this episode. Why did the Americans let Roberta live? What was Rock really trying to get out of this? What did Chang and Balaliakia have to do with any of this crap? It pisses me off when I watch an anime and it does so well, but then when it gets to the ending it completely fucks itself over and becomes a mass of confusing nonsense which leaves me wondering just what in the hell happened (after all the ending is one of the most important things to an anime/movie/series). I also hate how Rock just admits he failed again when he did indeed have Roberta survive the whole ordeal. I was liking the change in Rock during this OVA and how he became cold and cunning, then at the end he just whimpers out and feels like he accomplished nothing. Speaking of which, Roberta didn't even get her revenge, the Grey Fox commander was able to survive the whole mess and suddenly when he gets back up after the fake murder by Garcia, Roberta just lets it slide by like it was no fucking deal.

Ugh, I hate how this OVA was so cool until all the factions, deals, schemes, plots, and big super complex plans came into play. Also, what was Edna's deal with all this? Who's fucking side was she even on? What was her role in all of this? God damnit this OVA does one thing and one thing only, confuse the hell out of me. I am very dissapoint.

Dec 18, 2013 10:54 AM

This OVA was alright. I really hope Roberta doesn't show up anymore. I know the action is over the top but when Roberta is involved it just gets stupid.

6/10

Dec 24, 2013 1:32 PM

While i found Rock's descent into criminal mastermind pretty far fetched and out of character, i overall really did enjoy this miniseries. Roberta's madness being my favorite part! And it was heart wrenching seeing Revy's origins...

But if the beginning of this season is any indication, the next season will most likely pick up right where this one left off so i guess i can deal with yet ANOTHER open ending... Though it's gonna be tough to wait for a future season that's not gonna come for a while.

Dec 27, 2013 6:19 PM

Took me a while to understand Rock's plan, but yeah. These OVA's were fucking A.

I don't get why people are complaining of Rock's characterization. It's bloody character development, people. He's spent his entire life in a safe little bubble, and it's no surprise his perspective would slowly change when put into a more dangerous environment. Hell, it makes him more human the way I see it.
Side note, I think Brad Swailie really upped his performance as Rock. That mainly comes from the fact that he also voiced Light Yagami xD
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews

Jan 7, 2014 4:06 PM
Heh, i don't really know what to say about the ending or the plan, but it's awesome!

Damn, actually know that one scene with Revy's flashback after accidentally clicked the spoiler of it back before it was dubbed. That was fucked up right there. But, the ending quote on what she said was great. I thought they will totally do the same with Cowboy bebop type of endings again like in last two seasons when Rock thought he will say"Bang." lol.

StillSwingin007 said:

Side note, I think Brad Swailie really upped his performance as Rock. That mainly comes from the fact that he also voiced Light Yagami xD

Yeah, I definitely agreed on this. This is even better than with Light, but that is still good too though I think as Rock is even better.

That ending of Roberta what she looked like was quite cute.

Got to be one of the best ova I ever saw. Totally entertaining from beginning to end. Once again, well worth the dub voice acting. 9.5/10 Loved it!

Jan 15, 2014 3:21 AM

what??!! Revy got raped?? fuck that cop man...

This is a great anime... it deserves 9/10 but.. I'm just disappointed at 1 thing... no Rock X Revy??!!.... not even a kiss??.. fuck! I was really hoping for that.. I mean everyone did that.. Benny got some.. even that kid, Garcia.... oh man...

8/10.. the highest score I've given an OVA.

Feb 4, 2014 10:59 AM

Awesome finale, really intense hunting scene Roberta had there,but why did she lose limbs that were not even damaged that bad?. great OVA overall but there should have been more than 5 episodes.

Mar 14, 2014 10:06 AM
I dont get the rock hate. It felt like more of an act he was pulling off then actually being evil.He wants to try to do good cause he still has morals but he had to act evil to get it through.Besides that it was an overall great ova I hope more comes whenver the manga starts up again.

Also im surprised noone is talking about the kiss. It came off a bit weird. I mean does he love her like that or is it a family type kiss since some families do that. Left me rather confused. Also if they really wanted roberta to come back all they need to say is she got prostectics and learned to use them.

Mar 31, 2014 1:09 AM
can someone please explain why the last part of the ova had to deviate so greatly from the manga? roberta wasnt even injured badly in the manga at the end of this fiasco, yet in the 5th ova, shes lost her right eye, two fingers on her right hand, she lost her left arm, right leg, & is in a wheel chair. In the manga however, at chapter 76.5, page 26, roberta is seen standing, and in perfect health alongside garcia going to meet the family of the engineer she killed years ago that haunted her. why did the beautiful ova's 5th episode have to shred roberta of all her power?!?!?!?!?!

Apr 1, 2014 6:23 PM

Disappointing. Unfinished. Lack of closure. Left nothing to the imagination, yet the final scenes had no striking or memorable moments. Feels like a 15th episode of a 25 episode series.

Luckily for this disappointing finale and short OVA, the action and visuals were enough to keep it from being garbage, so a decent 7/10.

Apr 2, 2014 2:21 AM

4/5

Didn't like that Roberta got injured that badly but still nice to see her back at the mansion and meeting the engineers family.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

Apr 3, 2014 5:25 AM
Revy and Rock are so much more fun when they are not at odds to the level they were in this OVA series.

It was a fun ride but I enjoy twilight Rock the best.

Apr 8, 2014 4:16 PM
StillSwingin007 said:
Took me a while to understand Rock's plan, but yeah. These OVA's were fucking A.

I don't get why people are complaining of Rock's characterization. It's bloody character development, people. He's spent his entire life in a safe little bubble, and it's no surprise his perspective would slowly change when put into a more dangerous environment. Hell, it makes him more human the way I see it.

Yeah. I like Rock doing something rather than just curling up in a ball as a passive by stander. He's smart, can read people and a little cunning but maintains some weird set of ideals. In the end, he thought he knew all the players and could get an outcome that both saved the maid and hampered all these organizations operating in the dark. Turns out the CIA was playing a deeper game.

A few more episodes might have helped flesh that larger dynamic out but we got what we needed which was character development. Rock's a social guy and interacts with all these big shots and now is having his own gravitational pull on events. Revy for her part loves Rock for "not changing" and is always a little afraid that he'll become a cynic like her. I thought the maid made some good points.

And then we got some confusing and more anime-esque action than some of the other episodes but it wasn't eggregious and all in all it was fun.

It's a really solid anime. Seeing some of the complaints, I can imagine some of the shit anime pumped out these days is affecting people's tastes.

Apr 23, 2014 9:54 PM

I really enjoyed the series, although the last episode confused me a little bit at the very end. Overall i really liked it! I liked how Rock was a bit more dark but i feel like Revy wasn't being her self entirely, like normally if anyone said anything that pissed her off she'd bug out and threaten to blow there fucking brains out but she was more lax and more squishy compared to the previous episodes while rock became more cold(witch i don't mind, its nice seeing him not be all cry baby n hiding in the corner lol).

Overall i'd give it a 4 or 4.5/5. They can still continue the series(witch i'd love!) or end it here, i think it was a decent way to end it.

Edit:P.s. Now i finally understand why people were always saying when i was growing up that they started smoking cause it looked cool, this anime was the only thing that ever made me think people looked cool smoking lol.

P.s.s. Does anyone have an recommendations of animes that are the same dark feel as Black Lagoon? Like how theirs basically no morality, people just murdering people because there getting paid etc, I've been looking but none seem to have the same dark vibes as BL.(I'd also prefer if its not with like monsters or mystical beasts etc i'm looking for like people people like this show) Thanks! Your help is appreciated! :)
Modified by jimbobyoo, Apr 23, 2014 10:01 PM

Apr 27, 2014 9:28 PM

fucking Rock. This motherfucker went insane in the end. Thank god the manga is not on hiatus anymore so season 3 can happen eventually

May 1, 2014 6:21 PM

I gotta say i love the way Rock is becoming more crafty and cruel in his ways. I mean being around all this death and murder have to effect to effect you in some way. And hey a show where the mafia and crime is a huge part of the world, I was getting tired of him being all about moral and justice. Was a real good speach Mr. Chang gave him about the hypocrisy!!

"It may smell like a rose, but you can't hide the fact that shit is still shit" - Mr. Chang

And by mention Mr. Chang, I got to say he also got some development I liked. When we first got introduced to him he seem as "friendly" high ranked triad member??? Then we learned he is badass gunslinger(maybe even better than revy as she confesses). And now they showed us he's this dangerous mind pulling the strings who used to be a ex-cop! Hell he even but a bullet in into Balalaika stomach. He seems way more evil than what would first think. Have to say he's my favorite male in this show, because he's is so unpredictable.

To bad we didn't see more of Revy in these episodes. But i do like the we learned something more about her and the relationship she have with Rock.

The insane maid? Perfect. Was a good for the action and the hunt. Else didn't i care to much about her or that little boy.. Hehe was I the only one who just waited for him to get a bullet in head and drop dead like the last vampire-twin(girl?) did?

Anyway this ride was awesome! Really bloody and epic action. The show got a little more complex and had me speculate what each characters true intention was. Love it! For what this show tries to fulfill as badass action-packed show, where it lets you peek inside the dark underworld its a MASTERPIECE.
Modified by _Haze, May 1, 2014 6:28 PM

May 14, 2014 7:08 AM

Finally did he realise...that the world doesn't revolves around him. Did not like Rock at all throughout this OVA. He got too conceited---as if he could control the outcomes all thanks to his goddamn luck. (In fact, if you haven't realise until now, Rock is the symbolism of luck. Look at episode 2 of season 1 with the torpedo and the midfing) One good thing I realise is that he did not become darkness. Darkness makes one blind, after all. Remaining as the twilight, he can only continue his life of nonchalance, filled with thrills. Ironically. Overall great development with BL. Did not disappoint with the gunfights, and the military discipline portrayed in this OVA. Especially loved the juxtaposition observed between the US Army and the Soviet Army. Let me end off with Balalaika (though she didn't have much screentime... :'( "If we are indeed soldiers of the same calibre, how did we end up so different from your unit?!" 9/10.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

May 17, 2014 12:34 AM

Rock tryna pull a 'lelouche'

May 21, 2014 6:24 PM

Rock being some kind of heel

May 24, 2014 7:36 AM

cliffhanger? too bad cause I liked it a bit, I would just eliminate some absurdities, they don't matched to theme and they were destroying the fun.

7/10 for S1
8/10 for S2
8.4/10~ OVA

I wonder how Fabiola stand hot climate in such clothes.

Jun 2, 2014 10:59 AM

i'm still unsure why the characters (bar revy) didn't really take to rocks plan... i mean he got the best case scenario considering all the variables... he did a good job (if he planned like that in the other situations, he'd have done a better job).

took a toll on him, loved when he was on a power trip and it took revy to kick him back down... she kinda needed a hug though, he just couldn't see how much he was affecting her. the blockhead that he is.

just a Japanese businessman.. he almost figured out the "sisters" true identity, he pretty much owned the triad dude.. and managed to get most of the Americans, the young master and both maids home alive. that was impressive.

revy still needed a hug though, i did like even when he was doing the weird smiling thing with the young master while revy was in crazy rabid mode with the maid... the split screen went up as they walked away. His was still pretty clear, hers was as dark as night. just in case the audience thought creepy looking rock was going wayward. (subtle)

Jul 14, 2014 2:53 PM

A surprisingly "good" ending for an anime like Black Lagoon. Even when in the end, Rock didn't change anything.

Jul 15, 2014 3:36 PM

So, guys this looks like right place to ask. Like you all I finished all 2+OVA seasons. As avid action movies fan I got addicted to Black Lagoon. But, like some of previous posts stated OVA ending make no sense at all. Not because story is bad but because of pointless ruining one of the best anime/manga character I ever seen. Now, I am interested does anybody know why ending is changed? (Secretly hoping to see Roberta's pure awesomeness again). Thank you in advance.

Jul 18, 2014 9:47 PM

Okay, I must do it. This ova is getting docked an extra point. Roberta went psychotic, Rock was completely out of character with his insane scheming, and the ending was so retarded.

Jul 23, 2014 8:08 PM

Man, Roberta got really ef'd up. Leg, arm, two fingers, and eye...

The lack of closure to the series is really my only complaint. I hope we get a proper ending someday, and for Christ's sake let Rock and Revy hook up already (even Benny got a girlfriend lol).

9/10.

Jul 28, 2014 11:22 PM

blach4ze said:
can someone please explain why the last part of the ova had to deviate so greatly from the manga? roberta wasnt even injured badly in the manga at the end of this fiasco, yet in the 5th ova, shes lost her right eye, two fingers on her right hand, she lost her left arm, right leg, & is in a wheel chair. In the manga however, at chapter 76.5, page 26, roberta is seen standing, and in perfect health alongside garcia going to meet the family of the engineer she killed years ago that haunted her. why did the beautiful ova's 5th episode have to shred roberta of all her power?!?!?!?!?!

Let's just say manga ending is real ending. Had same question so, I checked various sources and anime ending is just something like"what if scenario". I don't believe Rei gave up on Roberta and I think she will return some day. Hope this help.

Aug 10, 2014 10:55 PM

So I went to my doctor to have her check my head out for me... Cat scan, blood transfusion, anal probing... you know... the works.

She said my head was ok. She also said that last episode of the OVA confused the hell out of her too.

Aug 11, 2014 11:58 PM

Confusing, and I didn't really understand... But still, I liked it. It didn't really bother me to see Roberta butchered in the end. I can't wait for more episodes, if and when they ever come.

I have yet to start the manga, but I'm compelled to do so now more than ever just to understand the ova arc better.

Aug 19, 2014 10:41 PM

I thought it was impossible to be even worst, but I was wrong. After watching for the second time, I realize this episode make no sense even more. I really hope production staff were on some serious drugs or alcohol, because it is beyond understanding that sober human mind can produce such a pile of crap!

Aug 20, 2014 2:07 PM

The credits scene deviated from the manga, I mean holy shit how many limbs did Roberta lose? Don't remember any of that, pretty sure she was fine unless someone corrects me. It's been a while since I've read the manga.

Epic watch though, the chronicles of the human terminator. People complaining about the ending were actually expecting a solid ending in Black Lagoon lol? Haven't we already learned our lesson twice? O.o Who the hell cares when most people showed up for the action in between anyway.

Aug 20, 2014 11:55 PM

Vexper said:
The credits scene deviated from the manga, I mean holy shit how many limbs did Roberta lose? Don't remember any of that, pretty sure she was fine unless someone corrects me. It's been a while since I've read the manga.

Epic watch though, the chronicles of the human terminator. People complaining about the ending were actually expecting a solid ending in Black Lagoon lol? Haven't we already learned our lesson twice? O.o Who the hell cares when most people showed up for the action in between anyway.

Yes, you're right. Manga ended with Roberta being just fine, no damage except few scratches.
People complaining (myself included) about, if you make character capable to do over the top things, how can you suddenly make the same character weak and vulnerable?
That being said, I still think production staff fu*ked things up. Black Lagoon anime is now more a drama than action series.

Aug 21, 2014 10:31 AM
so what happened between rock and revy, did they make up at the end ?...

Sep 20, 2014 2:10 PM

I have no clue what all of you complaining about the ending are talking about. This was probably the best arc in all of Black Lagoon so far.

Oct 3, 2014 11:26 AM

Recap of all the episodes from first season to OVA, made to think of something.
I see all the time people talking how Roberta has tough time against better trained opponent, but nobody mentioned bunch of soldiers (mercenaries) Revy killed in the very first episode of Black Lagoon.
It is worth to mention that real (or fictional) world mercenaries are almost always ex Military, BlackOps, or any types of soldiers removed from active duty or retired. Something like Grey Foxes.
It is strange that Revy managed to dispatch majority of mercenaries and avoid any injury whatsoever, but Roberta in same situation (except jungle is her terrain) got ridiculously (unreal) damaged.
Hmmmm?

Nov 14, 2014 8:08 PM

Why the hell are people complaining about her getting torn up?

Isn't it superhuman enough for to still be alive. Or would you rather the character was literally a robot and not essentially one. Also have take into consideration that her mental state worsened her judgment and made her more vulnerable.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"

Nov 15, 2014 12:26 AM

J0HN_L0CKE said:
Or would you rather the character was literally a robot and not essentially one.

You answered your own question. And, that is a part of her charm.
J0HN_L0CKE said:
Also have take into consideration that her mental state worsened her judgment and made her more vulnerable.

We are talking about the same person who survived RPG barrage, s*itload of gunfights, also this is the same person who was too dangerous for Gray Fox that Balalaika needed to deploy her soldiers to protect them. Yeah, sure, her mental state. Ha, ha, ha.

And, FYI, Roberta is only destroyed because they wanted her out of anime.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »