zeroyuki92 said:
Is it only me or the team homepage down? O.o

I will be mad if the team suddenly vanished orz

yea...
i cant go to there homepage to...

this is the homepage rite ?
http://vn.shourai.net/

Yeah, I can't get there either...
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Aug 31, 2011 9:54 PM
Jun 2011
Page was there yesterday. Maybe the server is having some problems or something. They were around chapter 6-7 from 11. So they're almost there.
Aug 31, 2011 11:46 PM
Aug 2011
I can't access the website either. Hopefully it's just technical problems and the translations are still in progress. D:
Sep 1, 2011 10:24 AM

Feb 2011
Yeah, I'd say wait a few days and if the website is still not there, then panic.
Sep 2, 2011 12:34 AM

Jun 2009
A-a-a-a-and they're back again!! Thank goodness... I already started to worry about it...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Sep 2, 2011 4:17 AM

Feb 2011
Thank goodness. Ruka makes me HNNNNNG in this picture.

It is definitely the choice of Steins Gate that this be finished.
Sep 2, 2011 4:32 AM

Nov 2007
good luck ill play this for sure

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Sep 2, 2011 4:48 AM

Jun 2011
RedMage23 said:

Haha you might be disappointed, but that CG is from the fandisc, not the main series.

I wonder if you will still go all HNNNNG with the below CG knowing the fact that Ruka is a guy in the fandisc's Delta Worldline...

Disgusting huh? I've got some official eye candy to comfort your soul...

Moeka, moe moe kyun~
Sep 2, 2011 9:15 AM

Feb 2011
Kansokusha said:

Haha you might be disappointed, but that CG is from the fandisc, not the main series.

I wonder if you will still go all HNNNNG with the below CG knowing the fact that Ruka is a guy in the fandisc's Delta Worldline...

Disgusting huh? I've got some official eye candy to comfort your soul...

Ruka's still a guy? Awesome. Delicious trap is delicious.

Because, after all...
Sep 2, 2011 9:23 AM
Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:

Moeka, moe moe kyun~
what did they do to my shy Moeka ><
Sep 2, 2011 10:10 PM
Dec 2007
Kansokusha said:
RedMage23 said:

Disgusting huh?
What is exactly disgusting here? The fact he's a guy or the fact you're being condescending and/or homophobic about the fact? I think there's different reasons to hate on the pairing other than him being a trap.

Sep 2, 2011 10:21 PM

Feb 2011
Leon-Gun said:
What is exactly disgusting here? The fact he's a guy or the fact you're being condescending and/or homophobic about the fact? I think there's different reasons to hate on the pairing other than him being a trap.

Exactly. Personally I find that nothing less than adorable.
Sep 2, 2011 10:22 PM

Jun 2011
Leon-Gun said:

Delicious trap is delicious? I meant Ruka has always concealed his feeling in all the other worldlines where he's a guy. I have absolutely no idea how can they go so far in the Delta, really, Okabe accepted Ruka even he's a guy? Perhaps it's the choice of Steins Gate. El Psy Congari.
Sep 2, 2011 10:29 PM

Feb 2011
Kansokusha said:
El Psy Congari.

[Rage Face]

It's a fan disc. It caters to the whim of the fans. Fans (like myself) enjoy that sort of thing. You're right, it doesn't really make sense, but then Moeka x Okabe makes even less sense.
Sep 2, 2011 10:36 PM

Jun 2011
RedMage23 said:

[Rage Face]

It's a fan disc. It caters to the whim of the fans. Fans (like myself) enjoy that sort of thing. You're right, it doesn't really make sense, but then Moeka x Okabe makes even less sense.

Why not Moeka? In Delta she's just a normal shy girl. No more SERN n Rounder bullshits. They can even be a better couple in Gamma - the coldblooded tyrant with his sidekick lover.
Sep 2, 2011 10:56 PM

Feb 2011
Kansokusha said:

Why not Moeka? In Delta she's just a normal shy girl. No more SERN n Rounder bullshits. They can even be a better couple in Gamma - the coldblooded tyrant with his sidekick lover.

My point exactly. You never know if Okabe might be a little warmer to DAGA OTOKO DA in another world line.
Sep 2, 2011 11:01 PM

Jun 2011
RedMage23 said:
My point exactly. You never know if Okabe might be a little warmer to DAGA OTOKO DA in another world line.

Heh that's just my POV anyway. Nothing wrong if Okabe starts to like otoko.
Sep 9, 2011 8:25 AM
Aug 2010
any new news? last news is from 28th august
is there any release date ? :)
Sep 9, 2011 12:29 PM

Nov 2010
They're aiming to release it before Christmas. It is already VERY fast and they progress up till now already surpassed my expectations, so be patient :)
Sep 9, 2011 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
The main problem that still bugs me is They're not transparent and they don't have any progress report

How can I believe from just "Hey we finished chapter 8 and 9".

It's like the recent Rance 8, Someone mentioned they've finished translating it, it turns out most of it was translated with a TLmachine.

C'mon, I need some believable statistics.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 9, 2011 7:32 PM

Aug 2011
ohh so thats what a vn is ._.
Sep 9, 2011 7:44 PM

Jun 2011
kaimax said:
The main problem that still bugs me is They're not transparent and they don't have any progress report

How can I believe from just "Hey we finished chapter 8 and 9".

It's like the recent Rance 8, Someone mentioned they've finished translating it, it turns out most of it was translated with a TLmachine.

C'mon, I need some believable statistics.
Rance Quest... hum... XD
Sep 14, 2011 10:01 PM

Jul 2010
Sep 16, 2011 9:39 AM

Nov 2010
Good news, everyone :

http://vn.shourai.net/news/weve-reached-the-achievement-point-but-theres-a-flaw.html#comment-893

They have FINISHED the translating works. Only editing, proofread, image editing etc was left :o
I even have my jaw dropped, seriously. That was too fast.

And for kaimax, actually they are pretty transparent if you seek more. You can even download the finished script here :
http://e17time.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-is-for-you-jp-anonymous-no7856433.html#comments
Sep 16, 2011 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
zeroyuki92 said:
And for kaimax, actually they are pretty transparent if you seek more. You can even download the finished script here :
http://e17time.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-is-for-you-jp-anonymous-no7856433.html#comments

Honestly they've should been "transparent" to all. Since there are some people that thinks that "believing is seeing", and I was pretty traumatic and sensitive with these kind of things because of "the Fake To heart 2 translations". Now it has a "real" translating group though. And there's also the "Flyable Heart" Fiasco, the Rance Quest Machine translations, Added by the trend that TL projects usually takes more than a year. It's hard to put any kind of trust. and I don't frequent 4Chan to makes things worse.

If you noticed, in another site I'm pretty serious about VN translations and is now a moderator for the VN discussion section. I really wanted to go all out and inform everybody in every forums that I commute about the news, But I don't have any proper info to spread.

I'm going to reinstall steins;gate and test it ASAP.
kaimaxSep 16, 2011 10:26 AM

Sep 16, 2011 12:32 PM

Oct 2010
You've sure changed your tune quite a bit..
Sep 16, 2011 4:20 PM

Jun 2009
Hmmm...I was ecstatic when I first heard about this translation being finished. But, the more I think about it the more it sounds to good to be true. I may just stick with the anime for now after all.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2011 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
Give them the benefit of a doubt people. I believe they will get this done. They don't have to translate it at all..so let's be a little more positive/thankful.
Sep 17, 2011 5:05 AM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Hmmm...I was ecstatic when I first heard about this translation being finished. But, the more I think about it the more it sounds to good to be true. I may just stick with the anime for now after all.
The translation is finished but there's still editing and such to be done. I checked an incomplete release (no editing and CG's unstranslated) and it looked pretty decent although with some mistakes, as with any translation. At the very least it didn't give the impression of being a farse (auto-translator) or a rushed job.

I think I mentioned several times that most groups take too long because they lose their motivation halfway (not really unexpected seeing the bigger workload in comparison to an anime). But you notice that they can actually put a major amount of work in shorts amounts of time. If they have more than 1 translator and push through without losing their motivation it's really not that impossible. Is it uncommon? Yes. Impossible? No.

Sep 17, 2011 9:08 AM

Dec 2010
Leon-Gun said:
insan3soldiern said:
The translation is finished but there's still editing and such to be done. I checked an incomplete release (no editing and CG's unstranslated) and it looked pretty decent although with some mistakes, as with any translation. At the very least it didn't give the impression of being a farse (auto-translator) or a rushed job.

I think I mentioned several times that most groups take too long because they lose their motivation halfway (not really unexpected seeing the bigger workload in comparison to an anime). But you notice that they can actually put a major amount of work in shorts amounts of time. If they have more than 1 translator and push through without losing their motivation it's really not that impossible. Is it uncommon? Yes. Impossible? No.

Just like what Leon-Gun said. It's a good thing Steins;Gate is a very popular VN so the motivation to finish it was constantly there. When I was working on it, we were going through it very fast since we had about 3 translators and a couple editors around the clock.

The translations were actually the easy part. It was the actual implentation of the subbings and stuff that was hard.

Sep 17, 2011 11:26 AM

Jun 2009
That's good to hear, but I guess I'll still wait on the editing and such and just watch the anime for now. So far, up to episode 7, the series has been VERY good so far and seems to be getting better by the episode. Can't wait to play the source material.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 17, 2011 11:28 AM

Aug 2011
is the vn only for consoles?
Sep 17, 2011 11:59 AM

May 2007
JigokuNoMegami said:

Japanese Windows version was realised in August 26, 2010
Sep 17, 2011 4:02 PM
Dec 2007
JigokuNoMegami said:
Steins;Gate was ported to PC last year. The spin-off released this year is only for Xbox360 though.

Sep 18, 2011 6:22 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
JigokuNoMegami said:
Steins;Gate was ported to PC last year. The spin-off released this year is only for Xbox360 though.
Given the popularity of the anime series and peoples newfound interest in the original, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the spin-off ported as well in the near future.
Sep 18, 2011 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
hikaricore said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the spin-off ported as well in the near future.

They did port Chaos;Head Love chu chu, but only for the PSP.

Sep 18, 2011 1:11 PM

Jul 2010
Should I wait for this project to be completely finished or could I just as well download the version that is available right now? I'm not sure how much the editing will matter for enjoying the game to its fullest, neither do I know how long I want to wait :P
Sep 18, 2011 4:46 PM
Dec 2007
Okaishi said:
Should I wait for this project to be completely finished or could I just as well download the version that is available right now? I'm not sure how much the editing will matter for enjoying the game to its fullest, neither do I know how long I want to wait :P
I would, there's several typos and mistakes here and there and the current editing being done should translate all the text in images (like the text at the start of the game). Plus, some people say that the current incomplete patch just breaks after chapter 2 or something (unconfirmed).

Sep 18, 2011 4:54 PM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Okaishi said:
I would, there's several typos and mistakes here and there and the current editing being done should translate all the text in images (like the text at the start of the game). Plus, some people say that the current incomplete patch just breaks after chapter 2 or something (unconfirmed).

Actually, there is already a patch on erogedownloads for the opening scenes and other images. That said, I've heard as well about this error in chapter 2. Which is good enough reason for me to wait, personally.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 20, 2011 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
Will the translation work with a physical copy of the PC game? Like the Umineko one's?
Jan 5, 2012 8:33 AM
Dec 2010
kaimax said:
hikaricore said:
I can't believe there's actually someone with the audacity to say it's impossible to do something...
Way to give everyone involved a kick in the spirit balls.

Because it usually never happens. I've been observing many translation projects and even the fastest took more than a Year. But completion in less than a year, for me is just unbelievable.

I'm not saying that I don't like it, and it's actually great if they can actually finish it under a year. My mind just can't comprehend the speed.

It's like riding a Bullet train/Concorde/something fast for the first time.
I'm honestly happy if they can prove me that I'm wrong

And there's a certain depression, I just hope they don't stop Translating after Steins;Gate.
Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!
Jan 21, 2012 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
==========UPDATE==========

Bad (or maybe good for some) news :
http://e17time.blogspot.com/2012/01/support-jast-usas-official.html

Blick, the main translator for this project, supported by Nagato (Hacker) and Reading Steiner (Editor) decided to accept JAST offer to officially translate S;G to English...

a.k.a sold it to JAST

There are some people such as Antheon (who always update the official blog, his statement about this matter is here : http://vn.shourai.net/news/update-022012.html) who disagreed, and some internet dramas here and there, but I won't go there.

So, the only offer for those who want to play S;G are :

1) Wait for the official translation, god knows when it will.
2) Grab the uncomplete patch. Playable, but still not edited and some minor things (achievement, tips). You can found the september game patch in the net, but here is the better patch (I haven't tried this,though) from some kind person (nicked mewtube) :

Since this project is basically dead here is the patch I made with the nov7 scripts with tips translated. Download here. Get it while its hot before this site shuts down. extract everything to the game directory and overwrite any files. I also included the system image edits and a batch file to automate the process. You must have your system local set to Japanese before running the cgedit.bat or else the game will crash. run STEINSGATE-patched.exe to play.

This is from the first edit and notice some typos but its better than the unedited sep25 one floating around the web. I manage to complete all the endings and achievements with this. Unfortunately you have to start all over if you have saves from a previous patch. Each new created patch breaks saves from the previous ones. You can still load old saves but the game will be unstable and can possibly crash on you. Just press ctrl to quickly skip text so you can fast forward to your current progress.
If you have previous saves, the saves are contain here in windows 7 and delete everything:
C:Users{username}AppDataRoamingNitroplusSTEINS;GATE1.200

As for windows xp I am not sure but its probably somewhere in “Documents and Settings{username}Application Data” folder.

The game script and dialog, phone, options, tips definition are translated.
Some of the extras list, tips glossary, and achievements are untranslated. I guess you will have to wait 2-3 years for those from JAST. Well enjoy.

http://www...flame/media....com/?jj269t3akrae68s

(change the first website name into one download hosting that you should know already)
zeroyuki92Jan 21, 2012 7:07 AM
Jan 22, 2012 10:43 AM

Dec 2010
Just as zeroyuki92 had said, this project has come to a complete stop.

It was an unfortunate turn of events but... that is not to say it was unforseeable because it was definitely a possible outcome. However, I think everyone who was working on the project felt that such an obstacle could be overlooked or dealt with easily and thus continued to work on the project.

It was not until a few months later that we realized the gravity of the situation - we overestimated the amount of work that needed to be edited and the qualitty of the translations. To put it frankly, I think we held our hopes too high which I believed stemmed from the good progress we made when we first started working on the project. Antheon also had personal matters to deal with which made things even more hectic. On top of that, BlickWinkel had "disappeared" for quite some time which caused a halt on the project since, admittingly, he was the backbone for the project. When Blick came back, the deal with JAST became more known and of concern.

...and that leads me up to the situation as of present.

I will leave it as that for now since my initial post in this thread should be enough to explain the situation of things thus far.

Thanks to those who have followed and supported us.
RezurrektJan 22, 2012 10:51 AM

Jan 22, 2012 9:44 PM

Oct 2010
Welp, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're going to do a project of this size simply don't talk about it publicly until the damn thing is complete. Otherwise you'll either get a C&D request or end up being bought out.
Jan 29, 2012 10:09 AM

Feb 2011
Umm there already is an english patch guys why r u waitin for this one?

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/steinsgate/ is there some problem with this patch besides the fact that tips dont work and achievements aren't translated? I played it all myself and loved it.
Feb 11, 2012 12:05 AM

Nov 2010
RevanFanatic said:
Umm there already is an english patch guys why r u waitin for this one?

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/steinsgate/ is there some problem with this patch besides the fact that tips dont work and achievements aren't translated? I played it all myself and loved it.

It's from September patch. My post contain unofficial November patch (already had some editing), try to grab it if you want (I haven't tried it yet, though) :3
Jul 24, 2012 1:19 PM
Jul 2012
Hi there, Firstly thanks very much for posting this up, and all the work involved in translating this. I LOVE Steins Gate it's one of my all time favorites. The problem I'm having is as follows:

I start the game, select new game, watch opening video, read through the first scene with Okabe and Mayuri, right up to the point where Okabe leaves the lecture room saying he's running up to the roof while ignoring the no entry signs (this is after the loud bang on the roof). The message displays with a black background, and then after clicking once, the screen goes completely black, with the background music still playing, and that's it. Nothing after that, the game just keeps running with the music and black screen until I shut it down with control alt del, as the conventional methods and game controls/menu ingame are totally unresponsive.

I'm running the game in Japanese Locale and as admin, windows 7 64bit (also tried XP SP3 and Vista SP2 compat modes). I have installed the sdrt4280j), and I'm using the latest patched version you've provided. I used a previous version before with the same results, and - of course - had deleted every trace of the previous one Before running this, including deleting the appdata files for nitro+). I have Shark007 codes installed and have just updated them (tried before updating as well).

Can anyone Please help me? I know I'm missing something? All help very much appreciated.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.