Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 19, 2011 12:35 AM

Jan 2009
DeathfireD said:
Kyzix said:
This anime is disappointing me more and more. Not only are they censoring it and cutting out of a bunch of stuff, but now it seems that they gave Mockingbird a sex change. He was a bit androgynous, but they do refer to him as a boy
In the manga
I personally would've preferred it if he got voice by say, Kobayashi Yuu instead. She makes 'em wonderful traps and she does it good, so why not? That's the kind of voice I was imagining in the manga at least, oh well.
It's not like I have anything against Sawashiro Miyuki though, of course.
Is this post relevant to anything? Not very likely.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 19, 2011 12:47 AM

Dec 2010
Senji is a fucking boss man! He comes outta nowhere and basically kills two undertakers and then wants to kill the strongest ones only to realize he already killed them! lmao.

Ganta is such a big pussy man holy shit. Not that i wouldn't shit my pants or go crazy if I was in his position but I wouldn't be moping around always blaming myself for being weak.

Is Mockingbird a girl? It seems like it due to the seiyuu and personality. If so...awesome. I love characters like that. Ah. I guess not. They definitely shouldve used a diff voice actor.

Too bad we don't get to see the crazy hummingbird girl that much. Wonder what happened to her brother?

Jun 19, 2011 2:52 AM

Nov 2010
Crow was epic!
Jun 19, 2011 2:57 AM

Jan 2010
Well he looks weak so every one protects him
Jun 19, 2011 3:26 AM

May 2011
Well its been pretty obvious hes always been a wimp. Theres been a little character growth, but only when hes really desperate (like when fighting crow)

I feel bad for Shiro. She saved his ass and hes too stupid to realize it and even stupider for smacking her D:
Anyways, the only highlight of the episode was Crow :D
I feel bad for Owl though D:

billng said:
Does he not know the Chip was a fucking bomb?!?!
But you have to remember, hes Ganta. Meaning he can't listen to other people unless hes about to die, then feel stupid for not listening. D:
sakaJun 21, 2011 12:27 AM
Jun 19, 2011 4:41 AM

Jun 2011
*kaboom*.. Why did you throw the chip away?!?!?!
Christ, retarded characters all the way.

Also, Crow once again proved himself to be badass.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jun 19, 2011 5:20 AM

Apr 2011
Crow, my favourite charac in Deadman Wonderland.xD
Jun 19, 2011 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
Crow's as awesome as usual.
Gotta love FukuJun's awesome crazy voice ♥
Turned off with Toto's voice. Girlier than I imagined. Even though I really like Sawashiro Miyuki, WHY.
Jun 19, 2011 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
Crow is the only reason why everybody is still alive. Those Undertakers are just some insane people. And Ganta needs to grow up, he is the main character and not some wimpy support character.
Jun 19, 2011 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
Crow and Shiro are the only reasons i'm watching this anime.

And Hummingbird. She's <3.

They ruinned the manga. Oh wells.

Don't even want to know how they going to do this anime ending. 'Dat' spacing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2011 7:35 AM

Aug 2008
Crow is so cool. I'm surprised the two undertakers went down so quickly without a fight. D:
Jun 19, 2011 7:51 AM

Feb 2009
And we have Ganta going back to being his usual pathetic self.

I wonder how they are gonna wrap this up in only 2 episodes, unless there's a second season.
Jun 19, 2011 8:35 AM

Dec 2008
According to the chartfags floating around, there will be an OVA in Fall.

I too feel the story is extremely rushed and choppy. But, the art (shiro) and the OP/ED (especially NIRGILIS) is what makes this anime worth watching.
Jun 19, 2011 9:01 AM

Jun 2011
I'm glad I got to see more of Mockingbird. :D Although, I surprised he's got such a girly/childish voice.
Jun 19, 2011 9:43 AM
Oct 2010
Finally, someone hit her.
Jun 19, 2011 9:43 AM
Jun 2010
Ganta is just pathetic and stupid...one of the worst characters of all the anime i've ever seen...can't stand him...
Shiro and that new character.. i think they are the most dangerous deadmen
i think Nagi will kill the monk in the next episode
Jun 19, 2011 9:53 AM

Apr 2010
Congratulations, you've discovered micro-explosives.

Jun 19, 2011 12:54 PM
Jan 2008
The first part of the ep where they all get mad at Shiro is just dumb. They don't see that the chip is freaking exploding! I mean, really? Then this show was just going further downhill, the plot is a bit cliché, but then Crow appears. He saves the day, the episode and maybe the show. In the preview of next week I believe I saw Crow with his swords, so some more Crow-time next week. Hell yeah.
Jun 19, 2011 1:07 PM

May 2011
What Crow said was so true... and yeah Ganta is so weak that makes him reaaaally annoying ; < but he is also realistic(+) he is scared all the time he cries and do nothing he even puke xp I'd probably just did the same... but damn it I prefer him slashing bad guys not pissing in pants ; [
Jun 19, 2011 1:14 PM
Nov 2010
Toto looked like a male to me...
Anyways, Crow in action sure was nice for me to watch, thanks to the people explaining about the explosion in last episode...

I hope this won't go too far away from the manga and that a second season will be coming soon...

Oh, and I sure hope Ganta will start changing, even by a bit, soon...:D
Jun 19, 2011 3:06 PM

Dec 2010
Shiro`s my favorite character, but, omfg, Senji`s sooooo f***ing awesome!!!

Ugh, I was hoping, that Condor and other Deadmen will apear sometime, but they didn`t. And now action is pretty far from that moment when we should meet them, so I think, we won`t see them...never ever... Such a shame.

Anyway, great ep.
mirroroJun 19, 2011 3:10 PM
Jun 19, 2011 3:49 PM

Nov 2009
Crow was the only good part of this episode. Oh, and the pathetic loser finally calling himself pathetic. Blah!
Jun 19, 2011 4:12 PM

Jan 2010
Punched Shiro and raised his voice at her even when she saved her life..
"I'm pathetic"..
"Senji-san is awesome, I'm nothing like him"..

He knows it full-well that he is the most pathetic character I've ever seen and no one can ever beat him in my record..

The introduction for the Undertakers were good and I thought they were going to put up a fight, but it seems their introduction is all their good for.. lol.. Senji-san sliced them in one shot haha.. and I laughed when he asked where are the strongest undertakers there when he already sliced them :D..

I would be okay even if Ganta was killed the next 2 episodes but That's most likely not to happen... Sigh..
Jun 19, 2011 4:57 PM

Jan 2010
Toto Sakigami's expressions using "watashi" instead of "boku" by accident is actually a PLOT POINT just so everyone knows. The anime didn't give him a sex change fyi.

Crow <3. every scene with him in it is the best part of this anime.
Jun 19, 2011 5:57 PM

Feb 2010
Yanoflies said:
OrochiPL said:
Crow and Shiro are the only reasons i'm watching this anime.

And Hummingbird. She's <3.

They ruinned the manga. Oh wells.

Don't even want to know how they going to do this anime ending. 'Dat' spacing.

how they ruinned the manga?

mockingbird is also awesome , so bad we wont see much of him.
Jun 19, 2011 6:50 PM

Mar 2009
Naw, they didn't ruin the manga with this anime. I mean sure they left out major characters that affect major plot growth if they ever decided to make season two, but who cares about that?
Jun 19, 2011 7:18 PM

Dec 2010
I care, cuz I really like Condor and others (and stories about their past), but I think, that they didn`t ruin manga that much.
Jun 19, 2011 7:56 PM

Oct 2007
ugh ganta stfu all you do is whine...
Jun 19, 2011 8:30 PM

Feb 2010
guitar_ninja said:
Naw, they didn't ruin the manga with this anime. I mean sure they left out major characters that affect major plot growth if they ever decided to make season two, but who cares about that?

none of those character affect major plot growth in this arc.

in fact they seemed really random and stupid characters in the manga until they became important.
Jun 19, 2011 8:33 PM

Mar 2009
Vanisher said:
guitar_ninja said:

none of those character affect major plot growth in this arc.

in fact they seemed really random and stupid characters in the manga until they became important.

I said: "if they ever decided to make season two"
Jun 19, 2011 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
Oh, I THOUGHT Mockingbird had a sexy voice! Miyuki Sawashiro in a non-screechy/high-pitched role!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 19, 2011 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
ymeza21 said:
gmgkng said:
I totally lol'd when Senji all of a sudden came in and sliiiccee'd the Undertakers. It was epic

Me too! I loved his reaction when he found out he killed the strongest Undertakers in one slice XD!

His reaction was like "Ummm... wut? Damn. Frownie face"
Jun 20, 2011 12:22 AM

May 2010
banisherx said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an decent episode, it's just kind of sad that ganta would of been dead like 50 times if not being saved by his friends.

He still in a development process but I do agree with you that he is still weak against any enemy,at least Crow is stronger !!
Jun 20, 2011 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Confirmation that the ending (ep 12) would be "meh" at best, and horrible at worst.
Jun 20, 2011 1:38 AM

Oct 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Don't care about Ganta. There are enough other cool chartacters

This!!

Awesome entrance by Senji ^O^..

Jun 20, 2011 5:01 AM

Jul 2010
I called it last episode, the chip was a bomb and Shiro actually protected them.
Crow was awesome as always. Sonic blades to outrun the worm eaters. Brilliant. =D

"Why am I so pathetic?" Well wasn't that what we wondered from the beginning? =P
Well at least it looks like he's going to train with Crow and Mockingbird next episode.

Jun 20, 2011 9:47 AM

Dec 2010
Ganta and Shiro are the characters we've seen the most off this entire show, and yet Ganta doesn't seem to have changed AT ALL! what is wrong with him??!! Didn't he understand that everything Shiro does is to save him?! What an idiot.

Crow <3 He's so freaking awesome, definitely saved this episode.
Jun 20, 2011 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
I heard Miyuki Sawashiro. This show just got 20 times more awesome.
And yay for Crow.

Ganta's as pissing off as ever.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 20, 2011 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
Oke episode, thanks to Crow ofc.
Ganta as pathetic as always, punching girl in a face and then sobbing like a baby.Well, nothing new.
That military girl asking dumb questions and enjoying the touch of boobs in the middle of operation was just 'brilliant'.
And wow, introducing those 2 undertakers took so long and all they did, was dying. At least Crow sliced them up, no complaints about it.
Mockingbird looks interesting, wanna see him in action. Would like to see Hummingbird back. Actually, would like Ganta to be replaced by Crow and Hummingbird. This show would be interesting to watch then.
Jun 20, 2011 11:24 AM

Dec 2008
dws said:

Mockingbird looks interesting, wanna see him in action. Would like to see Hummingbird back. Actually, would like Ganta to be replaced by Crow and Hummingbird. This show would be interesting to watch then.

She'd get plenty of screentime in a second season assuming there will be one. And in the next episode she will probably show up anyway. (Hopefully they don't cut off that one scene between her and Senji...it was very amusing.)
I have to admit, I also watch this series mainly because of Hummingbird and Senji. The main characters both don't really appeal to me so much, I liked the main characters in Eureka Seven better, especially Eureka.
SmthAwfulJun 20, 2011 11:28 AM
Jun 20, 2011 11:35 AM

May 2010
Lol what a clusterfuck.
Jun 20, 2011 1:18 PM

Sep 2010
crow is disappoint at the strength of the undertakers

Jun 20, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2007
I must say that Ganta is an asshole.

Senji: "If you're weak, don't bare your fangs". *nods*

Jun 20, 2011 2:57 PM

Apr 2011
Ganta I hate you.

Mockingbird, me love you long time.
Jun 20, 2011 7:26 PM
Jan 2010
I guess I'm one of the only ones who actually like Ganta. I haven't read the manga like most people here so I can only go by the anime. I actually like the fact that Ganta is weak and surrounded by all these strong characters. He's the most realistic person in the show for me. It makes sense that he's weak because he's the newest person to the prison that we see and the most inexperience with his powers. Mentally and physically he was always a normal 14 year old boy and then he got thrown in this hellhole. The ways he acted now and earlier is what I would expect. I think he episode is setting up some character development for him though and I'd like to see where it could go.

Crow was just badass as usual. I loved his entrance and the way of life that he lives by in that place. He's in his element and knows how to handle himself. I love having his type of character in the show for how he's the opposite of Ganta and the man is just cool. The the two together always gets me thinking. I kinda wish Crow could be Ganta's mentor in it all.

Anyway this episode was so much better than the last one for me I wanted see how they're going to end it all.
Jun 20, 2011 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
Ganta is symply annoying, and I begin to hate his constant whining. And it wasn't nice from him to smack Shiro because she saved his life. Crow rulez. He seems to be the only Deadman who can fight the Undertakers successful.
Jun 20, 2011 9:50 PM

Apr 2009
Kio-chan said:
I guess I'm one of the only ones who actually like Ganta. I haven't read the manga like most people here so I can only go by the anime. I actually like the fact that Ganta is weak and surrounded by all these strong characters. He's the most realistic person in the show for me. It makes sense that he's weak because he's the newest person to the prison that we see and the most inexperience with his powers. Mentally and physically he was always a normal 14 year old boy and then he got thrown in this hellhole. The ways he acted now and earlier is what I would expect. I think he episode is setting up some character development for him though and I'd like to see where it could go.

This.

Well, I don't hate Ganta, and I don't exactly like him, either. But... I just don't find him annoying, for some reason.

And guys, stop whining about "The chip was a bomb i men dats so obvious lololololol"
Naoti said:
In the previous episode the burning body that started the fire in that room had fallen right beside a box with a flammable symbol on it, so that would be where he thought the explosion came from.

Kiijutsu said:

thought so first too but watch this! the explosion doesn't have to be created by the bomb-chip! what do you say now? huh?! :P Am I the only one to have noticed that?
And it also could've been a coincidence that everything exploded, as soon as shiro throw the chip into that room!
BUT at least, for every outstander there wasn't any evidence that everything exploded due to the chip!

these two people made a point.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jun 21, 2011 10:50 AM
Nov 2009
Crow > All
Jun 21, 2011 11:39 PM

May 2010
The hell?? It's very clear that it was a bomb after it exploded.

And Ganta is starting to annoy me. =,=

Also, didn't know that Mockingbird was a girl. lol

Crow slicing is awesome though. :D
Jun 21, 2011 11:51 PM

Jun 2011
You'd think that the main character'd have some more redeeming qualities. The voice actor's voice skweaks, he's a total suck up, but for some reason I still hope for Ganta to grow some balls. Well, there is hope, the next week's preview makes me pretty sure the other Deadmen are going to train the hell out of him! Ha! . . . Well, from a more realistic point of view, he's one of the only ones thats even slightly normal, but then again most people don't watch this show for normal; they watch it for the insanity. The entire concept of the anime is the insanity of it. Ganta is that one bit of realism in the show. If weren't for that one straw of normalcy, watchers wouldn't be able to make the automatic, and most of the time, subconcious comparison between the two. From a critics point of view, it was a smart move on the mangaka's part. This leaves room for Ganta to not only interact with this insane fantasy, but to show the audience what it would be like in this world, and watch as he slowly succumbs to it and becomes part of it. Ganta's weakness is a critical part of the show.

P.S. Sorry about the lengthy review. :>
Euphgirl44Jun 22, 2011 12:10 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.