Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2011 10:19 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Star Dust dragon is the main target and solution to the future-comer. Interesting short movie.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 20, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2010
SO glad the japanese version is out! I saw the 4Kids version in theatres and...ugh...

Anyway, what can I say about it? It was an awesome movie. No corny jokes. Oh, and they use "Passionate Duelist" during Yugi's turn.
Jun 20, 2011 10:22 PM

Sep 2008
So nostalgic. I was surprised to hear Rei's theme in one scene. That was never even used once in the anime. Poor, poor Rei.
Jun 25, 2011 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
uh, that was short.. it wasn't bad, but i expected more

what a disappointment

6-7
SlashBlackJun 25, 2011 7:55 PM
Jun 26, 2011 12:17 PM

Feb 2011
Let me see... It was ok...

Pros:
- Downright Awesome!
- Incredibly Nostalgic
- Very Very Nice Animation

Cons:
- Four Battle Turns?
- Not much time on anyone besides Yusei
- Every turn seemed like a cheat

Don't get me wrong I loved it, but it was so short, plus apart from Grandpa and Pegasus you didn't see anyone, at least give Joey/Kaiba some short reference. It just seemed to focused on Yusei and almost made Yugi and Judai seem irrelevant. Still incredible all the same.
Always Strive to become stronger.
For both yourself and for others.
Jun 26, 2011 1:33 PM
Jul 2010
An awsome movie, albeit slightly to short for my taste.
Tremble before my Darkness!
Jun 26, 2011 1:50 PM

Sep 2010
I did like the choice of music like the one at the 30 minute marked, though most of the rest came straight from 5'Ds. It was also very nice to see our 3 heroes fighting together, especially Yugi : )

I did not like how it was rushed straight into that duel with Paradox, not much a movie as it is a 25 minute yet still very short duel. I was also a little put off on how it focused only on Yusei, would have meant so much to see Yugi's and Jaden's friends

Like to consider myself one of the biggest kind Yu gi oh fan, but I really do wish they would have expanded this movie by about 30-60 minutes. Gave Paradox 3 powerful flunkies, and after Yusei and the others separately in their own worlds defeated said flunkies for events to proceed in a similar manner that happened in this movie.

A 6/10, it was an nice experience, but definitely not going to be one of my favorite duels, not even close.
KittymanJun 26, 2011 1:54 PM
Jun 26, 2011 1:57 PM

Aug 2010
I agree with the length of both the movie itself and the duel; i know they wanted to end it before pegasus arrived and all but jeez 4 turns and half is yusei's ._. at least they tried to fit in the well known cards of each duelist in the movie (lol @ dragon fest). I was hoping to see some kaiba cameo but i guess not D:
The choice of soundtrack was excellent though =)
Pegasus's accent is so nostalgic X3
Jun 26, 2011 2:37 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
daiches99 said:

Pros:
- Downright Awesome!
- Incredibly Nostalgic

Cons:
- Four Battle Turns?

Don't get me wrong I loved it, but it was so short, plus apart from Grandpa and Pegasus you didn't see anyone, at least give Joey/Kaiba some short reference. It just seemed to focused on Yusei and almost made Yugi and Judai seem irrelevant. Still incredible all the same.

I so agree with this xD Though the very nice animation was very weird at some points xD Especially with Paradox' faces ! He looked like Yami Marik (Melvin for those who know xD) !
It's a pity the movie was so short . Paradox seemed like a retard and he had to since they ahd to finish in only 4 turns to fit the 50 mins of the movie ! And yeah ! WHERE IS Kaiba ? >.< I rly wanted to see him D:
Jun 26, 2011 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome movie. I'm so glad to see KENN act as Judai again, he's one of my all time favorite VAs. I lol'd when Pegasus said "Oh my God!" as the buildings were falling. And I also liked how the Dark Magician duo had voices. I felt extremely nostalgic as I was watching this. XD
Jun 26, 2011 5:56 PM
May 2011
Maffy said:
daiches99 said:

Pros:
- Downright Awesome!
- Incredibly Nostalgic

Cons:
- Four Battle Turns?

I so agree with this xD Though the very nice animation was very weird at some points xD Especially with Paradox' faces ! He looked like Yami Marik (Melvin for those who know xD) !
It's a pity the movie was so short . Paradox seemed like a retard and he had to since they ahd to finish in only 4 turns to fit the 50 mins of the movie ! And yeah ! WHERE IS Kaiba ? >.< I rly wanted to see him D:
his ego final became to big for him to handle and he was swallowed whole by it,
Jun 26, 2011 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder if they will make more of this in the future like Precure does, but doubt it will happend.

It was a great short movie thought, looking forward to see more in the future.
They even left it so they can make another one.

Anyway it's feel really nostalgic, love the music.
Yeah Judai yu gi oh series is my favorite.

The Latest Yu gi oh is just bad, but still you want to watch it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 26, 2011 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
pretty awesome film, felt really nostalgic seeing yugi and atem dueling, but man i really wished i watched GX now because i think judai has an awesome personality and id probably enjoy watching it, but anyway even though the duel was short, this was great to watch!
Jun 27, 2011 3:08 AM

Sep 2007
One question ...
I'm the only one who found that "funny" Yugi is so much taller from the beginning ? XD
Jun 27, 2011 4:56 AM

Feb 2008
I only ever watched the original Yu-gi-oh series so would've been nice to see more original characters such as Kaiba and Joey. Also was disapoint that Yugi only played three monster cards. Battle was to short and I personally think that Yugi would've beaten Paradox in a one on one battle.

Enjoyable but too short overall.
Jun 27, 2011 6:38 AM

Jun 2010
the sin(melefic) monster is too overpowered..,yet the three of them manage to overcome it
its was an epic meeting for the main character ^^
Jun 27, 2011 9:55 AM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed seeing the Harpie cosplay. I wish they would have shown more characters from Yugi's era, though.
Jun 27, 2011 2:38 PM

Oct 2008
omg the movie was amazing i know it was too short, the batle itself was short, and also there was really just a little of yugi and judai, also it's a pity that there wasn't any other background characters besides those from 5Ds ( i miss all first series characters so much! ) but besides all of that the movie really touched me, very nostalgic, and i cried at the ending when they hold their hands and yugi said some stuff about that they will always be together as long as they play duel monsters, bawwww i couldn't hold my tears. i wish there will be another movie showing some more than one battle with this three awesome protagonists ; v ;
Jun 27, 2011 4:47 PM

Sep 2009
Derp, it really wasn't as amazing as I'd thought it'd be but I guess it wasn't bad. Felt like the battle was kind of a letdown. They did a lot of amazing things, but everything just seemed to work out so well for them. I dunno. xD
Jun 27, 2011 5:22 PM

Sep 2010
Eh, it was ok. The quality wasn't really movie worthy.
Wish it could've been longer though
Jun 27, 2011 10:35 PM

Aug 2010
KYAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!! Person dressed as Card Ejector (Cutest Card EVAR! My card crush)

Awesome Duel. Needed more pop flying tho......god dammit Zexal......

Jun 30, 2011 12:21 PM

Apr 2007
I enjoyed the movie a lot and thought the duel was fairly exciting, especially towards the end. It was just so much fun to see the 3 main guys team up :D I'm also glad the movie focused mainly on Yusei, since 5D's is the only series I'm not very familiar with (only watched the first episode). My only disappointment is that more characters from the original Yu-Gi-Oh didn't appear. It would have been nice to see them again after so long :[ Oh well.
MonochromeJun 30, 2011 2:02 PM
Jun 30, 2011 3:06 PM
Jan 2009
daiches99 said:

Pros:
- Downright Awesome!
- Incredibly Nostalgic

Cons:
- Four Battle Turns?

I agree with this 100%, the movie was amazing although objectively it wasn't THAT good.
Jul 3, 2011 11:48 AM

Nov 2009
Just saw this myself, my disappointment being that it was a bit short and there was very few cameo's especially from the other era's.

It makes me laugh though as these super decks the bad guys have in the movies are just crap to play in reality, the Malefics are practically unplayable.
Jul 6, 2011 8:12 PM

Dec 2009
I don't understand how some of you guys don't like the movie..... It was just made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of YGO. To me, I think the creators didn't want you to focus too much on the dueling aspect, but on the awesomeness of when the three main protagonists from three different eras come together and totally kick ass. Oh, and of course to milk all of the money that they can get from the YGO franchise. :3

Though I do agree with the point of having more cameo appearances from other characters..... I'm guessing that some of the voice actors just didn't want to do the role anymore or that it would have been too much of a pain to round up all of the original voice actors again. >.>
Jul 18, 2011 9:14 PM
Jun 2010
I still want to see this movie! Does anyone know when it will be out on DVD to buy?
Jul 26, 2011 5:40 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty sweet. Don't know why I've neglected watching this when I've had it for a while.

FUCKING YUSEI.

And what's with the ED? So unfitting.
Aug 27, 2011 10:53 PM
Jun 2010
People who got to watch this already are lucky. I'm still waiting for it to show up on DVD. I rather watch it on DVD than on the internet if possible.

I wish the company would hurry up and give a release date for it to be out on DVD!
Sep 25, 2011 10:11 AM

Aug 2011
Dissapointed by how short it was -___-
Aug 5, 2012 4:59 PM
Feb 2011
I though Yuuki was going to use Winged Kuriboh lvl 10 to destroy the sin dragon, kinda lame that 10k stardust dragon.
Oct 6, 2012 6:38 PM
Jul 2012
yusei is the best of them all
Oct 28, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2008
lolz Finally found the time to watch it today xD And I should say it was good, I enjoyed seeing Yami Yugi dueling again xD

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Nov 11, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2010
It. Was. Awesome.

Seriously, this is probably the perfect Yu-Gi-Oh! film. I really don't see them ever topping this.

In fact, this is my No. 1 favorite Shonen Jump film so far.

The animation was awesome, and it was really cool seeing the three heroes interacting. My only complaint would be the villain, Paradox. He's pretty bland.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 24, 2012 8:59 AM

May 2012
Far too short >.<!! I would expect at least a 90 min length. But it was still ok though, since that movie is part of the main plot (in the final arc of 5D's).
Jan 7, 2013 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
can't believe it's almost 2 years this movie came out.

i only watched it now, for some reason i delayed it :\

i love the movie, but there were some short comings that it's hard not to notice.

first off, why is the "movie" 45 mins?

this feels like an OVA instead of a movie.

very disappointing, i was hoping they would make it 90-120 minutes.

this is the 10th Anniversary!!!! why not go an extra mile?

and yeah they kinda spoiled who Paradox is in the later ends of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime.

*SPOILERS

i remember Z-One mentioned him that he along with Antinomy and Aporia as the last survivors of the end world

*END SPOILERS

they could have also done a other kind of special movie.

i badly wanted to see Yugi vs Yusei or Yuki vs Yusei, or even Kaiba vs Jack.

speaking of which where the hell is Kaiba!!! there can not be a City Duel event if there's no Kaiba around!!!

for me the movie should have gone like this, there was a time paradox that leads Yusei, Yuki, and Yugi as well as their friends in a parallel dimension.

and in order to return to their respective era's they must fight each other in order to see who really is the Duel King.

Jack vs Kaiba to see who has the biggest ego!

Anzu vs Aki to see who is the strongest female duelist

Yuki vs Yugi, make sure to see who really wins.

and the finals will be Yugi vs Yusei!!!

of course alot of people will be angry their favorite character didn't win.

i personally would pick Yusei just because of his Synchro deck!!!

but the producers would have still pick Yugi as the winner :

im also surprised in the movie Yugi didn't use his God cards or Exodia deck, or Yusei's Accel Synchro monsters(don't know Yuki's since i haven't watched GX yet)

and im glad they used 5D's music as well as the characters main themes!!!!!

surprise to see a remix version of Atem's theme XD

but man i really miss 5D's music!!!!

i guess i should replay it, i have all of the episodes as well as Duel Monsters and GX :)

i watched a little bit of Zexal, and i see they reused some of 5D's music and sound.

guess i need to watched it huh XD

one of my favorite parts in the movie:

Aki i freaking LOVE you!!!!!

Shooting Spiral Sonic!!!!!

The Power of Friendship!!!!!!!

love this part!!

still wished they included Kaiba and Yuki's group!!!

oh well i would give this movie a 9, but Yusei, Yuki, and Yugi are all ine one scene as well as Aki's smile.

this is a 10 to me :P
Jan 7, 2013 5:39 PM

Apr 2010
It was really good, but too damn short and they could have given more time to other guys, not just Yusei (even though it was 5DS airing back then,but still)...
Jul 10, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
RIDING DUEL ACCELERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy shit, I haven't heard that in awhile.

Nice to see Stardust Dragon again I guess. I gotta say though, that Sin Field magic card and those Sin monsters are pretty badass.

8/10. Yes. I'm rating this a fucking 8/10. I miss this series ;.;
P.S. Wish Kaiba showed up.
Aug 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2013

Sorry, I just had to do that.

8/10 from me, good to see Yusei being a badass. Yeah I forgot about Aki and her massive personalitits.
Feb 12, 2015 5:58 AM

Jan 2013
Great seeing the Black Magician combo again, and them team up together.
Allthough the duel could've been a bit better imo.

7/10
Oct 8, 2015 3:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Funny how Dark Magician Girl was a bit scared of those dragons and had a short conversation with Dark Magician.

I would have liked to see a bit more of Yugi and Jaden dueling wise. Yusei got too much of the action. Also, REBD and BEWD were played and Yugi doesn't even question how Paradox got those cards. I'm guessing he just used his dragons to attack Kaiba and Joey then grabbed those two cards.

Kuriboh being Kuriboh lol
I wonder if the group would have won the duel if Yugi played Kuriboh + Multiply. I mean for a defense it worked for Yugi.

And I just noticed Jack Atlas sounds like Bakura. I had to look up the voice actor and sure enough the English voice actor voices Bakura.

Jan 3, 2017 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
This was a fun movie, and glad too see Jaden still ass pulling those fusions like no one else, he just wouldn't be the same without it.
Apr 9, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2016
In principle I like the idea of this special, but I would have enjoyed it more, if they had focussed on Juudai or Yugi as main character.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2019 2:32 AM

Jul 2014
Forgot to comment on this, watched this way back and was just checking in on my YuGiOh list and found this one not scored on my list so I randomly decided to re-watch it.
Woulda prefered the focus be on either Yugi or Yuki since I'm not really a fan of Yusei nor have I watched any other YuGiOh series after GX ended.
That Dark Magician girl having a convo with Dark Magician caught me off guard, shit was funny.
The chills it gave everytime Atem gets a damn turn is amazing as always, and Jaden as usual is one funny badass bastard! in terms of usefulness I'd say Jaden took the spotlight, he was hell of an amazing support here while Yugi and Yusei for offense having no problems cause of Jaden, proud of my boi!
Overall a very fun movie but it indeed felt short.
Jun 1, 2019 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
In 2019, all I can notice in the English dub is Paradox sounding exactly like Goku Black.
Feb 15, 2020 11:17 AM

Nov 2017
This was a fun re-watch.

Gaaaaah, Yuugi, Judai &++ Yusei. The holy trinity of Yu-Gi-Oh!

The whole Sin World was pretty nice to look at, tbh. Paradox wasn't playing around. Going back in time to take other people's monster cards... how dare you!

Time travel is always a head scratching plot element (at least going back), but if it'll have the three main protagonists working/dueling together, who am I to complain?
Aug 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
After a few minutes watching the Japanese one, I realised there could be a dub version and to my surprise there was.

It was good to see Yuugi, Judai and Yusei again and this time they're together. Oh, and Winged Kuriboh :)

The only problem I have with this movie is that it was too short.
LeoAug 15, 2020 3:18 PM

Jan 17, 2021 11:50 PM
Sep 2013
Pretty short for a movie but was still a fun watch!
Feb 8, 2021 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
This was awesome! Hands down the best Yu-Gi-Oh movie and everything I wanted to see from a Yu-Gi-Oh movie!

Should have had a mini-series haha,
Apr 27, 2022 2:41 PM

Nov 2010
Decent fanservice movie. I could only relate to Yugi/Atem though. I wish they would make a sequel where the three of them would do a battle royale. 7/10
Aug 7, 2022 1:58 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Damn I wanted to watch this back in the day, but I couldn't find the DUB online yet, then I forgot about this for years.

ANOTHER 10/10 YU-GI-OH
張大です for 張大勇督察
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I noticed something unlogical and funny while rewatching too

SinDrake - Nov 8, 2023

0 by SinDrake »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:01 AM

» I just rewatched this movie and noticed something

Rinkitori31 - Feb 12, 2023

5 by SinDrake »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:38 AM

» Abridged by Little Kuriboh

Paul - Nov 7, 2011

6 by fudgeyells27 »»
Jul 1, 2021 1:30 PM

» release date?

firefistace01 - Mar 17, 2010

11 by DrNick »»
Jun 3, 2011 2:01 PM

» English Dub? ( 1 2 )

KidRyan - Sep 13, 2009

69 by animedark »»
Mar 29, 2011 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.