New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (81) « First ... « 79 80 [81]
Aug 9, 2021 4:07 AM

Sep 2017
Here's silly old me :

Aug 12, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
Oh nice. Really cool to be out in nature like that. I love your nature pics on Insta too. I used to do photography, but I sort of gave up on that awhile ago.

I was thinking about posting a new pic, but I'll have to use an app to change how my face looks. It will at least be accurate from the neck down tho 😛
Oct 29, 2021 1:18 PM

Sep 2017
Lotus97 said:
Oh nice. Really cool to be out in nature like that. I love your nature pics on Insta too. I used to do photography, but I sort of gave up on that awhile ago.

I was thinking about posting a new pic, but I'll have to use an app to change how my face looks. It will at least be accurate from the neck down tho 😛

Thank you a lot ! (and sorry for the late answer ^^)

Hey, I think there's some beauty to be found in every face, don't be ashamed of yours ;)
A smile is often enough to brighten your appearance (not always, but still)

It's cool if you're into photography, I'd love to see your stuff as well, what's your insta ?
Nov 7, 2021 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
Moonspeak said:
Lotus97 said:

Thank you a lot ! (and sorry for the late answer ^^)

Hey, I think there's some beauty to be found in every face, don't be ashamed of yours ;)
A smile is often enough to brighten your appearance (not always, but still)

It's cool if you're into photography, I'd love to see your stuff as well, what's your insta ?

Oh, thanks. I'm transgender and also don't really like giving away too much personal info. The only thing I do on Instagram is modeling which is kind of adult in nature. I do have some old photos on a blog here tho: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Lotus97&spot=1&cat=
Nov 7, 2021 6:01 PM

May 2019
Hey everyone, happy to be here. I'm 35 (as of April), male, born and raised in California, but currently living in Tennessee. I've got my BS in microbiology, MS in bioscience and, most recently, a PhD in microbiology. It's a lot of degrees (which, yes, do help you appreciate anime like Dr. Stone a bit more), a lot of time in school that I don't regret but I am absolutely gratified to finally put behind me. I work in food safety.

I'm a cinephile, read quite a bit (mostly split between nonfiction and fantasy/sci-fi - an odd split, I know), play tennis and am still avidly into forensics (speech and debate - though these days I mostly just coach).

I got into anime through Toonami in the 90's. Can't say that I was an avid watcher until much more recently (roughly the last 10 years), but I've got some classics in there that it would be unusual for someone who didn't grow up during that time to watch (e.g. .hack//sign, Outlaw Star).

Don't play anything when it comes to music or make videos, but I'm very much into AMVs and have a lot of favorites that I'd be happy to discuss. Love going back through anime for some of my favorite music and OPs as well.

As for what my type of anime is, I watch a lot more action than any other category, but it's the drama that usually gets to me, hence my top list includes A Silent Voice, Fate/Zero's second season and the first half of Re:Zero's second season. Good action can only take you so far.

Anyway, looking forward to future discussions with everyone!
Nov 9, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2011
@whiteflame55 welcome to the club, .hack//sign is actually one of my favorite animes. I'm thinking about re-watching it at some point, but I'm afraid it will be disappointing compared to my first impressions
Nov 9, 2021 1:50 PM

May 2019
@Lotus97 .hack//sign is one of the first anime I saw, and it elicits a lot of my nostalgia for anime as a whole. I wouldn’t say it’s anywhere near one of my favorites (pacing issues and some frustrating elements of the lead character make it hard to rank it higher and, perhaps partially as a result of its being one of the very first isekai shows out there, it doesn’t do as much as I’d like with the genre), but it absolutely got me into OPs and OSTs, as I still rank its music (particularly The World by Yuki Kajiura - incredible violin work) among my favorites. It’s the kind of show that I liked a lot when I watched it, though hindsight hasn’t been kind.
Nov 10, 2021 12:53 AM

Aug 2008
whiteflame55 said:
Hey everyone, happy to be here. I'm 35 (as of April), male, born and raised in California, but currently living in Tennessee. I've got my BS in microbiology, MS in bioscience and, most recently, a PhD in microbiology. It's a lot of degrees (which, yes, do help you appreciate anime like Dr. Stone a bit more), a lot of time in school that I don't regret but I am absolutely gratified to finally put behind me. I work in food safety.

I'm a cinephile, read quite a bit (mostly split between nonfiction and fantasy/sci-fi - an odd split, I know), play tennis and am still avidly into forensics (speech and debate - though these days I mostly just coach).

I got into anime through Toonami in the 90's. Can't say that I was an avid watcher until much more recently (roughly the last 10 years), but I've got some classics in there that it would be unusual for someone who didn't grow up during that time to watch (e.g. .hack//sign, Outlaw Star).

Don't play anything when it comes to music or make videos, but I'm very much into AMVs and have a lot of favorites that I'd be happy to discuss. Love going back through anime for some of my favorite music and OPs as well.

As for what my type of anime is, I watch a lot more action than any other category, but it's the drama that usually gets to me, hence my top list includes A Silent Voice, Fate/Zero's second season and the first half of Re:Zero's second season. Good action can only take you so far.

Hello there, fellow scholar of the biological sciences. o/
Nov 10, 2021 4:32 AM

May 2019
encephalic said:
whiteflame55 said:

Hello there, fellow scholar of the biological sciences. o/

Hey there! Another PhD, I see, and someone who is my age no less! Nice to meet you.
Nov 10, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
whiteflame55 said:
@Lotus97 .hack//sign is one of the first anime I saw, and it elicits a lot of my nostalgia for anime as a whole. I wouldn’t say it’s anywhere near one of my favorites (pacing issues and some frustrating elements of the lead character make it hard to rank it higher and, perhaps partially as a result of its being one of the very first isekai shows out there, it doesn’t do as much as I’d like with the genre), but it absolutely got me into OPs and OSTs, as I still rank its music (particularly The World by Yuki Kajiura - incredible violin work) among my favorites. It’s the kind of show that I liked a lot when I watched it, though hindsight hasn’t been kind.

Yeah. I'm kind of afraid my love for the anime was largely driven by the music and just being in the right mood for it at the time I watched it. I'm also basing that assessment on the low ratings it has on MAL (although I still love s.CRY.ed despite its low score on MAL and have watched it multiple times).
Nov 10, 2021 1:04 PM

May 2019
Lotus97 said:

Yeah. I'm kind of afraid my love for the anime was largely driven by the music and just being in the right mood for it at the time I watched it. I'm also basing that assessment on the low ratings it has on MAL (although I still love s.CRY.ed despite its low score on MAL and have watched it multiple times).

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve loved a series that isn’t well liked by the community at large. G Gundam, Black Rock Shooter, and Re:Creators are all meh shows based on their ratings, but I enjoyed them a lot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (81) « First ... « 79 80 [81]

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.