3It was OK
7.1%
2Disliked it
3.3%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.6
182 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 16, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This the most wildest episode ever! I found myself being totally hyped up about Kimimaro's fight with that guy. I found myself being T_T at Jennifer's bankruptcy and I hope she lives on at least despite huge consequences.

I found myself being totally O_O @ Mashu's macro attack "Heated Economy" as follows,

that attack was totally wild! Far greater and impressive than scorched earth. I loved Mashu x Kimimaro hugs in the spoiler
with the OST it made it really love/caring situation. It was totally moving. Loved seeing Mashu block the attack of that guy and she looked damn good. However the guy fighting Kimimaro was not so bad here as he pulls out a attack but Mashu was far greater than him. Loved seeing Mashu while using her Macro to burn and scorch that guy. It was so delicious scene for some reason.

Jennifer RIP in the following,

and I hope you shall live on in the real world. Damn it! Mikuni is really powerful. Poor Jennifer with the OST at that time I did feel emotional towards her and she was freaking eaten by Q. Indeed she was from the looks of Mikuni's card attack depiction and the way Q was acting in the spoiler
it seems it was possible (cannibalism huh!?) but I wonder WTF @ Q sniffing out Jennifer's crotch? That was just plain weird to think about TBH. Sex with assets? Nah, not for me, well maybe Mashu only.

• The value of USA's assets in the spoiler
    is astronomically high. At least it makes me feel at east being around North America for that reason.
  • Oh boy would I wish to be the bums in the spoiler
    money raining like that would certainly be interesting to me in grabbing it. That was a pretty wild scene with everyone going all gaga over the amounts of money they have and falling from the sky.
  • Looks like there is not only one Masakaki in the spoiler
    it seems Masakaki may be only a race or tool to look over things. At least it confirms there are more than one of him.
In the end from the looks of it, Masakaki betrays Mikuni in the spoiler
gives powers to Kimimaro and the last episode will be a kick ass fight. This better be the best of the best fights.
Yumekichi11Jun 16, 2011 12:22 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 16, 2011 1:20 PM

Feb 2011
I'm pretty sure that the card that Kimimaro now has was his dad's. At least from what I gathered from my low japanese understanding. xD;;
Jun 16, 2011 1:26 PM

Oct 2010
Crii said:
I'm pretty sure that the card that Kimimaro now has was his dad's. At least from what I gathered from my low japanese understanding. xD;;
That's interesting but can it still be seen as form of Masakaki betrayal?

Jun 16, 2011 1:50 PM

Feb 2011
Hmm...I dunno. Masakaki doesn't really seem like the type of person to take sides. More like he's just...in it for the fun? Idk. xD;;
Jun 16, 2011 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
Masakaki has a brother in the US?

Oh, next ep. is the final battle against Kimimaru and Mikuni.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 16, 2011 2:00 PM
May 2011
This episode was awesome.

I still don't get how the fights work (I understand all of the economics terms they are using, but I don't actually get the fights, but I guess it's supposed to be like that, they don't really need a reason to explain it, a lot of it is more of a metaphor).

Does anyone know if there's any talk to do more with this series? A manga, or more anime?

Or is it just going to end? Because personally I love this show, one of the best of this season, and I'm sad to see it end. It could definitely be longer, or a manga could be really good.

Any help is appreciated :)
ダヴェ ______ 謝オン
Jun 16, 2011 2:12 PM

Oct 2010
Crii said:
Hmm...I dunno. Masakaki doesn't really seem like the type of person to take sides. More like he's just...in it for the fun? Idk. xD;;
Yeah but he looked pissed off at Mikuni in regards to something he mentioned in opposition of Masakaki collecting what he owns to him. Really strange.

Jun 16, 2011 2:15 PM

Feb 2010
btw anyone, who is this guy? first i thought kimimaro's father but maybe young mikuni?

finally big climax at next episode~

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jun 16, 2011 2:54 PM

Feb 2011
Its Mikuni. We got a flashback of him when he was younger in ep 8.
Jun 16, 2011 4:44 PM

Oct 2010
Crii said:
Its Mikuni. We got a flashback of him when he was younger in ep 8.
Exactly, that it is that.

Jun 16, 2011 8:40 PM

Feb 2008
I don't get the battle system but it seem like Kimimaro have a chance of winning too.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 16, 2011 10:02 PM

Jul 2009
What was with when she gave him george? the freaking ring said "WWTF is yours" wat?.... that's their offical spelling for george?
Jun 17, 2011 12:05 AM

Sep 2007
Lol at America's financial district. Of course they'd have America as the strongest financial district out there. A bunch of greedy corporate bastards jacking up the economy to fill their own pockets. Now that they managed to reflect C right back at Japan, I wonder how severe the consequences it would be if it were to hit. Apparently Jennifer and Kimimaro are too stupid to realize it.

I would be so very disappointed if they made Mikuni to be some cheap villain out only to save his sister's future or some cliched selfish reason. Kimimaro already fits that role. Mikuni needs to be the realist. Seriously, Kimimaro wants to save the futures that were lost. That's all great and dandy, but at what price is it going to be? They better not have some cop out ending where Masakaki's boss decides to pull some deus ex machina shit and stop C. If Kimimaro were to win, there better be some drastic consequence to C raping Japan's asshole raw.
Jun 17, 2011 12:34 AM

Jan 2010
all i can say is i havent been this excited about a final fight in a long time...and holy shit at mysu's macro flation skill. that was prob one of the best nuke skills i have ever seen used in an anime in a good while srsly kudo's to it. anyways on to the grueling 7 day wait for the ending...and god help the creators if it sucks.

EDIT: BTW am i the only one that thinks Masakaki looks a hell of alot like Willy Wonka? IJS he looks like a demonized version of Willy Wonka and instead of giving out candy, he gives out cash
Jun 17, 2011 12:40 AM
Apr 2011
Damn I'm not following at all.

What do the card colors mean/what do they allow?
How does one acquire multiple assets?
What was happening to Q (when there was the counter in front of her)?
mesniacJun 17, 2011 12:47 AM
Jun 17, 2011 1:36 AM

May 2010
Ok. I'll post here the rules of the FD and this Deal for others' convenience.

StormViruz said:
The rules of the Financial District taken from the official website.
Courtesy of 4chan for the translation.

How to make (and lose) money in the Financial District

Quoting someone's post in another forums.

As to the episode, it was really great. They used "dollar currency" to devalue the Yen and the Midas Money.

Liked the macroflations they used.
Mashyu = Overheated Economy
George = Mergers and Acquisitions (Great technical skill but has limitations)
Q = Cannibalism (WTF but awesome :D)

So Masakaki has an American Twin. Still wondering as to who the hell is this "above" from whom he's following orders.

So the final fight we're waiting for is in the next ep. Can't wait.
StormViruzJun 17, 2011 1:46 AM
Jun 17, 2011 1:39 AM

Sep 2006
mesniac said:

A black card, which is very rare, can reverse the money press. I presume it can stop Mikuni from using the future, and turn C back into futures.

Assets can be opened up for investment, but usually the Entre keeps one last unit for himself. George was completely sold to Kimimaro for 0C. But I wonder why she didn't at least ask for maybe 100C to keep herself alive. And if George is Jennifer's future, does that mean that her reality's safe?

The counter that Q has is the amount of C that was invested into an attack. Somehow Q can self-invest without Mikuni doing anything. Maybe 'cos she eats a lot of C when they're not fighting.
Jun 17, 2011 2:00 AM

Feb 2011
CANNIBALISATION did that cannibal just nom the ground??? o.O

LOL mashyu turned super saiyan <33
Jun 17, 2011 2:15 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck, this anime is hot, and I don't mean by only the overheated economy.
The complexity and action just make it so great, not to mention dat Engrish.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2011 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
The US pushing their own economic troubles on to the smaller countries sounds about just right :P

The fights were really epic in this episode with the best one yet to come in the final ep. I wasn't sad about Satou's defeated, never liked her character anyway.

I pretty sure Yoga will win but I wonder, what will it cost him to reverse the money flow? Knowing Masakaki, it won't be for free...

tsubasalover said:
Masakaki has a brother in the US?

I was expecting him to be dressed in red white and blue XD
And probably every financial district has it's own Masakaki
Jun 17, 2011 2:56 AM

Apr 2008
Lot of interesting stuff in this show, but I have to admit that it's come together rather awkwardly. As people have said on previous episodes, the framing of the issues is really weird. Acts that eat up the future directly affect the present, the alternative to not eating up the future is apparently having the C reaction eliminate things which means no future, and even if we ignore all the weird stuff the financial district does their plan just included destroying the Japanese economy. Hell, a lot of the financial district's effects erase things from history, meaning they're hitting the past too. Every angle destroys a nation right now, and I don't feel like the philosophy of living for the present versus living for the future that's been going on really reflects that.

Now economics is a confusing, poorly understood field, and maybe they're trying to show that. There's just so much of a sense that someone is supposed to win this, though, when it just seems like everyone is screwed.

On top of all that, Jennifer's feelings for Yoga seem a little forced, but I guess they did as much establishing as they could with the crazy pacing. And I do really appreciate that she fought Mikuni first instead of just stupidly believing in Yoga.

But yes, American Masakaki is funny, even if the rebounding the C reaction stuff was a little out of nowhere. Was North America even supposed to be in danger?
BioJun 17, 2011 3:02 AM
Jun 17, 2011 2:59 AM

Oct 2009
HAHAHA, the animation was...

Anyways I can't wait for the finale, the tension has built and now it's time for the climax (well that's now...)/resolution.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2011 4:27 AM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Fuck, this anime is hot, and I don't mean by only the overheated economy.
The complexity and action just make it so great, not to mention dat Engrish.

hahaha dat engrish, in any case its getting pretty intense now.
Jun 17, 2011 5:36 AM

Nov 2009
Two battles, Mashyu x kimimaro moments, and who doesn't liking the skys raining money?

I finally understand how Mikuni has three assets- he must of gotten them from others. Wait, he does have three right, or just two?
Jun 17, 2011 5:56 AM

Oct 2010
helur said:
Two battles, Mashyu x kimimaro moments, and who doesn't liking the skys raining money?

I finally understand how Mikuni has three assets- he must of gotten them from others. Wait, he does have three right, or just two?
He has 3: White Knight/Q/That Anubis person.

Jennifer's asset is interesting in that it can control other assets, problem is that it's limited in the sense that too much and it can break the horn of her asset, rendering it totally incapable once it happens.

Jun 17, 2011 6:23 AM

Jun 2008
Epic battle is coming XD i guess we´ll never know who commands the financial district.

George is sooooo cute, i wanna pet him~~~~

And damn, Mashyu x Yoga i wish they were a couple. i hope in the end Mashyu doesnt reborn as Yoga´s daughter or something like that...

And god the Engrish,loooool.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 17, 2011 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
Sense, this show makes none.
Jun 17, 2011 7:24 AM

Jul 2010
Dare I say shit just got real? Yes I do. Can't believe they just did a huge inflation to make the Yen practically useless. Pretty interestin development. Poor assets though. Mashyu's horns even cracked! D:

Can't wait for the final battle!

Jun 17, 2011 7:26 AM
Feb 2010
StormViruz said:
Still wondering as to who the hell is this "above" from whom he's following orders.

Imma placing my bet on the tentacle thing that 'ate' part of the financial district *cough*cthulhu*cough*

Also, Q's Macroflation is disturbing and yet awesome at the same time :D
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jun 17, 2011 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
Awsome battle and exciting story.
Q was the cutest asset and now she proved to be the scariest one of them, actually, she is overwhlming!
I envy Mikuni because he can go on a date with her.

And the scene Satou-san was said "Smell delicious" was...great.
Hana-keiJun 17, 2011 7:05 PM
Jun 17, 2011 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
wait wait wait...

Am I right if I say that C eats everything up which would result in the extinction of the present. and that's what Mikuni is trying to stop.

So wtf are Yoga's intentions? he wants to save the future - that is clear. but how does he intend to save the present? there will be no present (+ no future if nobody lives and the country dissapears) if C hits Japan!

Could it be that if Yoga was to reverse the rotary press, he could save both? and everything would turn back normal to a certain point?

Or did I misunderstand everything?
Jun 17, 2011 9:36 AM
May 2010
Here is where I compiled symbols that appeared during the tenth episode of C. I refrained from discussing philosophical issues at this point in time, but the symbols remain to be consistent with what is happening in the foreground, and I like that.
Jun 17, 2011 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
That cannibalism technique is FTW.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jun 17, 2011 10:37 AM

Oct 2009
Great buildup episode. We'll wait for the FINAL battle near the last episode when all the tension begins to break into one awesome battle.

Anyways, Yoga has the darkness card now? Masakaki received orders from whom?

Jun 17, 2011 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
Now that was a great episode!

Since there is only one left, I'm wondering if there will be a second season or if it will end like that. I really don't think that you can finish this story in one remaining episode.
Jun 17, 2011 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
This was the most interesting or rather action packed episode to date. I wished there would have been more episodes so we could have gotten a background story on the financial district itself but all in all it hasn't been a bad series, mediocre perhaps but not horrible.
Jun 17, 2011 11:54 AM
Jun 2009
Stuff finally is getting into home strech and getting really interesting
Jun 17, 2011 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Sense, this show makes none.

Yeah....that's what I got out of it too.

It seems like they had a lot of ideas but no idea where to go with it.
Jun 17, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
Bio said:
Acts that eat up the future directly affect the present,...?

I think by "feature", Masakaki means Japans possibilities in the future, economy-wise. So when the future is used up to print more Midas Money, everything that might make Japan wealthier in the future is taken away - i.e. by erasing working people whose taxes give the gouvernment possibilities (like Yoga's co-worker), or replacing children who might get profitable jobs or even start successful businesses in the future with bums that have about no possibilities.
I think they even mentioned something like "taking your future means taking your possibilities" when they were discussing "future as collateral" in one of the earlier episodes.

Oh, and if you look closely, you might find a word that I've been using several times now right there in the title of the series. Now if that isn't decisive evidence proving my theories right! :D

It's still hard to understand what's going on, with all this [C] chain reaction stuff and Mikuni playing [C]-Pong with North America.
And like quite a few people, I can only wonder what kind of plan Kimimaro and Jennifer have against [C] erasing Japan after they saved the future. But on the other side, someone who reads "WWTF" as "Goerges" is probably insane. And Kimimaro is confirmed to think really, really slow sometimes. ("Remember that guy from, like, last week? I've come to the conclusion that his remark about assets displeased me, and I'm going to punch him right now, even though he probably doesn't even remember that I was there. Or that he even said anything.")

Still, I love this show. Want more than 11 episodes!

Heal your favourite characters, hurt those you don't like - There can only be one!
The Hurt & Heal Club

Jun 17, 2011 1:41 PM

Feb 2011
cookieninja said:
EDIT: BTW am i the only one that thinks Masakaki looks a hell of alot like Willy Wonka? IJS he looks like a demonized version of Willy Wonka and instead of giving out candy, he gives out cash
lol
and masakaki, instead of the chocolate factory, has the money factory :P (but has no problem with his teeth)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 17, 2011 2:13 PM
Dec 2007
Hands down the best episode in any anime this year. That's about the most you can do in an animated TV series at the moment as far as direction, scenario, character development, music and battle sequences go.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 17, 2011 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
I am still wondering how kimimaro wants to save the future and simultaneously Japan from disappearing after getting hit by [C]....
Jun 17, 2011 3:02 PM

Jun 2010
This episode just had me on the edge of my seat. Everything's going back and forth with the economy and the final fight to decide everything will start.

Funniest part in the episode was Masakaki's American brother.

Jun 17, 2011 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
kirby_422 said:
What was with when she gave him george? the freaking ring said "WWTF is yours" wat?.... that's their offical spelling for george?

WWTF is the pinc ode on the card. The reason for Mysu it said Mysu was becuase Kimimaro is bad at making names

mesniac said:

Have you even been watching the show? I mean there is being confused by a show and being totally thick

The card colour depends on the money probably.
In like EP 3 or 4 it shows that an asset has 10 stocks so if you buy them all it is yours. Even though it doesn't say it it is common sense using the term for it was 'stocks'
The counter was showing how much money she was using for her attack
Jun 17, 2011 3:32 PM

Aug 2010
OMFG!! thats all i have to say about this it was freaking INTENSE!!! soo good i really loved this anime since the begin but this is nuts!
Next week the battle for the future is taking place and i hope Kimimaru kicks Mikuni's ass!
Jun 17, 2011 3:39 PM

Feb 2011
@ Scul: Don't be so mean about it. D: Its not Mesniac´s fault that he/she gets confused at some parts. :/

Jun 17, 2011 3:44 PM

Apr 2009
Next week we are going to have a crazy finale. I still remember seeing that prof's kids alive but yet no one was able to see them(when Yoga visited the prof after defeating him). Does that mean all the people who disappeared still alive somewhere?
Jun 17, 2011 3:50 PM

Oct 2009
Crii said:
@ Scul: Don't be so mean about it. D: Its not Mesniac´s fault that he/she gets confused at some parts. :/

Sorry, it felt for me like someone asking what a Soul Gem does in Madoka when they have been watching the whole show till the end
Jun 17, 2011 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
would have liked to of seen more of Masakaki's brother. the battle is set up but still kinda rushed. I'm still confused over why the [c] was happening to begin with? seems Masakaki wants Yoga to win.

that guy Yoga fought didn't seem all that strong, and his asset was pretty lame
Jun 17, 2011 6:54 PM

Jun 2010
Koi-Miru said:
StormViruz said:
Still wondering as to who the hell is this "above" from whom he's following orders.

Imma placing my bet on the tentacle thing that 'ate' part of the financial district *cough*cthulhu*cough*

Might as well be cthulhu. LOL
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.