Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Mar 17, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Why am I not crying?

I'm heartless.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 2, 2016 8:33 PM

Mar 2015
I teared up a little bit. All of his friends want Menma gone, but Jinta don't want to.

Tsurumi's confession, Anjou's confession, and Jinta's confession. Everyone received a one sided love.

Also Yukiatsu is creepily talking to a wig...

Apr 24, 2016 2:47 AM

Mar 2016
I don't want Menma to go

wow I'm starting to get emotional with one episode left
May 1, 2016 5:13 AM

Dec 2014
menma still here...yes I dont know why but I am happy abouti it
May 21, 2016 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
The rocket was launched,but she didn't go yet.
Jun 24, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
I KNEW HER WISH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIREWORKS! I just knew it. Her real wish has something to do with them stay together, even after Menma's death, right? Ahh. I don't know what I want. I don't want Menma to go because it'd be good for everyone, but if she leaves, they can all finally move forward with their lives. Ahh this is too sad. Mentally preparing myself for this last episode.

caught in the wonder
Jul 2, 2016 11:59 AM
Jan 2012
uau. Amazing episode. Liked much revelations. Liked much to see all people/friends together.
Menma see your brother so very happy. Saa-kun acept the death more fast than rest of family.
So little curious for a subject of call of menma before the sad day.
So like the talk Tsuruko and Analu doesn't have substitutes. I hope Tsuruko revealed feelings for Yukiatsu.
Scene of Fireworks and he moved me as much as the scene yukiatsu knelt for Father's Menma to be allowed to drop the fires. These scenes prickled me a lot, but not cryed.
Dec 7, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
So everything's confirmed ... obviously Jinta liked Menma, but Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu. Poor girls, just liking guys who like someone else :P Thought it was good of Yukiatsu to want to help Anjo get closure though. Especially with her brother attending the firework sendoff ... which did nothing. Sigh, I was hoping that would work but no ... if she stays I'm gonna be really pissed off >_< Jinta's super selfish for wanting her to stay, but I guess that's what love does to you ...? I mean it was nice of her mom to see it in the car too ... and all that talk about reincarnation and stuff. Oh and Tsuruko cut her hair! So is that her way of trying to get over Yukiatsu? :P All I'm saying is this last episode better be amazing because how else are they gonna wrap this up in one more episode?!
Jan 25, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Such An Amazing Episode!
Mar 9, 2017 11:28 PM

Jul 2013
lol Menma trolled them.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Apr 4, 2017 4:34 AM
Jan 2012
The farewell scene, if there is one, will be devastating :<
Jul 23, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2016
Anjou screaming out that Jinta is the only one for her made me let out a giant sigh of relief~ I'm glad that they won't add in romantic tension towards each other to tear them apart. Tsuruko's haircut though ;~;

That old dude must be very confused with everything that happened so far with everyone and their casual interactions with Menma xD Menma hugging her younger brother and letting him smell a familiar scent...

I almost couldn't hold it in when Jinta tried to stop the rocket from launching but it launched anyway with Secret Base playing but when it sunk in that it wasn't exactly her wish I was more concerned on how she'll actually rest in peace in the last episode. Watching it with people in the room made me not cry too much but when the credits were finished, a little stream flowed when I blinked...

Nov 16, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2016
Only one episode left I can't believe it damn;-; Menma please don't go.
Feb 28, 2018 9:15 AM
Jun 2017
I LOVE THIS EPISODE, FINALLY MENMA'S WISH FINALLY WENT TRUE but she still on earth?!!! Is there something she want to have before going to heaven? Im so excited about its FINALE EPISODE!!!

*again im just sad that they are friends but they have different agenda in their life why they want to pursue that wish (not like poppo just he want to fulfill menma's wish and nothing more). These jealousy and love triangle destroys their friendship already!!!
Nov 3, 2018 1:10 AM

May 2013
Her wish is so like her-- it's GOT to be that thing she wanted to do for Jinta lol
Jan 23, 2019 7:49 PM

Jun 2015
her wish has definitely got to be the thing she wanted to do for jintan instead, there's no way it'd be fireworks
Feb 8, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
that firework costed so much? omg
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 18, 2019 2:36 AM

Jun 2016
Yukaitsu: This party needs some entertainment. How about we reenact that event we've spent the past 10 years being depressed over?
Jinta: Hold on that doesn't sound enterta-
Poppo: Do it, do it, do it...
Tsuruko: Stop it, I swear all you people let me do is call out everyone else's stupidity.
Jinta: Screw you guys, Menma's my waifu. There, I said it. leaves
Poppo: Stop, Jinta! How can this be about moving on if you get shipped with the ghost girl!?
Tsuruko: Whelp, sorry Anaru, guess we're getting NTR'd after all.
Anaru: Justifiably loud wailing

I almost cried, what a great comedy we have here.

TK8878May 18, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 21, 2019 7:03 PM
Apr 2018
That was one big ass rocket. I didn't know it was supossed to be that big.

The wish must be related to that freaking call man. And some flower... Ugh, everyone is so broken. I don't want to say that Menma should go but, I hope everyone heals.
Dec 3, 2019 9:43 PM

Aug 2016
well, im not gonna say this is the best slice of life out there, but I admit this episode managed regret and helplessness actually quite well.
MichaelJacksonDec 4, 2019 9:15 PM
:v
Apr 15, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2019
bruh moment menma didnt disappear

Jun 11, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2020
Anaru cries once again for Jinta! T_T They would be great together, cmon Jinta... Cannot blame him though. His love for Menma is too strong.

And I thought Poppo lost it for a little bit there haha. Yukiatsu is has definitely lost it with him being obsessed with Menma and sniffing a wig resembling her hair. I cannot mention Yukiatsu without mentioning Tsuruko. Poor Tsuruko she is in the same boat as Anaru...

And that ending... I don't know how I feel about it. I kind of had a feeling it wasn't Menmas wish. But we will find out everything next episode. I hope.

Jul 3, 2020 12:42 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I feel like I'm the only one who knew she wasn't going to disappear... I knew that rocket thing could not have been her wish. I dunno why Yukiatsu and Tsurumi are not pointing out what they're remembering cuz that could have been Menma's wish.
It has to be what I thought it was earlier, isn't it...

Whether or not I'm correct I'll have to find out next episode

Did Menma's brother not question the floating umbrella that soon dropped as soon as Menma rushed to hug him? Am I the only one bothered by how that didn't get addressed lol
Also, I'm not entirely sure what the point of the re-enactment was, other than maybe to have Anaru come to terms that she lost and to show that Yukiatsu continues to be an annoying git of a character. I guess people just like extremely fabricated melodrama or something?
Aug 27, 2020 1:35 PM
Oct 2019
Aaand now I kind of dislike Jinta. Trying to run away, out of the secret base *again*. Wanting to stop the launch of the rocket because of his selfishness.

Are they not going to tell the brother that his sister hugged him? I mean, that's messed up.

And go figure the rocket wasn't the wish. It was a dumb idea from the start. Kids actually building a firework? I guess it wasn't worse than the video game thing, just much more far fetched.
Oct 15, 2020 2:21 PM

Jun 2020
Interesting turn of events, even though it seemed kind of clear that this wasn't her wish.

It was nice to see everyone's true feelings really revealed at this point, I am excited for what comes next in the finale though.
Have a great day!

Jan 13, 2021 9:49 PM

Jan 2020
all right! time to prepare my tissue boxes for the next episode~
pretty obvious that wasn't her wish though.
Jan 18, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
Knew that she wasn't going to disappear (the fact that it's 11 episodes helps), but it seemed too simplistic.

We still don't know what Poppo wanted to say, and right now it seems that Anaru and Tsuruko care more about making Menma disappear than they do about her happiness, and I think that might be part of why she's still here.

That reunion with her brother was so sweet. I wonder if her brother realises that Menma is here, since Yukiatsu was screaming at Jintan...
Apr 23, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2020
It was a nice scene but yeah everyone knew it wasn't her wish
Heard the next ep is a tear jerker
May 10, 2021 6:57 PM

Dec 2020
i was screaming for jintan to say sorry oh my god. did she not disappear because jintan said "wait" or was it because it wasn't her wish? is it for jintan to say sorry to her, or something else? one more episode to wrap this all up goddamnit im not ready
Jun 15, 2022 12:21 PM
Apr 2022
Menma didn't go, though, even after firework was lit.
Jun 16, 2022 6:19 PM
Oct 2021
The stage is all set for the ultimate episode, finally the group can talk about what they feel.
Yukiatsu and Anjou did get hurt, but it was to be expected,
11 years later, still hurts the same
Jul 3, 2022 7:57 PM

Jun 2020
The ending was pretty crazy, I think they showed what the MC was thinking really really well. Also I knew it had nothing to do with the fireworks! Like if they never saw that journal page they could've easily missed her wish, it is probably what Menma wanted to do without Jinta that one day
Aug 9, 2022 3:12 PM

Dec 2007
I think it was obvious that menma wouldn't disappear in the end. though i wonder if it's really due jintan's thoughts.

Wonder about the ending, considering there's movie sequel.
Aug 19, 2022 2:14 PM

Apr 2019
it was obvious that she wouldnt disappear yeah

yukiatsu is still creepy af

i wonder if im emotionless for not crying lol. also it seems tsuruko got over yukiatsu huh
Aug 22, 2022 4:09 PM
Aug 2022
How the f Menma is still living..
Jan 12, 2023 5:37 AM

Jul 2022
¿Porque?¿Porque?¿Porque?¿Porque?¿Porque? Porque sigue...

Jul 27, 2023 8:09 AM
May 2023
Whats her real wish then?????????

i feel like its something to do with jinchan and her idk
5 hours ago

Apr 2024
SHE'S STILL HERE?????
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.