Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2011 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've quite confused by this episode. What was it that Lina learned from the Claire Bible that surprised her so much? She asks about the Lord of Nightmares and all the Bible does is describe it with some poetic language, but Lina acts as if the identity of the being she asked about being the Lord of Nightmares is a surprise to her.

The logic of the whole sequence is kind of strange. Lina explained in the first series that the Lord of Nightmares was above the Monsters and could be invoked to destroy even the most powerful of them. Why is she apparently shocked when this is restated to her?
Feb 29, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
I was also wondering this. My guess is that the Gigaslave wasn't an attack spell that uses the Lord of Nightmare's power, but a spell to manifest the Lord of Nightmare into this world. I guess this is the reason why, when used the wrong way, destroyes the world, since she is a huge entity and a void of darkness, not something you could describe like Shabranigdo.

Fists of justice. Awesome. And Slayers once again takes the serious turn with a massive bloodstains and cutting Zello's arm off.
Feb 29, 2012 12:30 PM

Jun 2010
Having since read the novels that originated this storyline, I think you're right. It just means the adaptation is a little sloppy here. It might be because in the novel Lina doesn't explain why she was so shocked until much later, during the finale, but the finale was extensively re-written for the anime.

I thought the anime's finale is on the whole more interesting, actually, but it was careless of them to forget this detail.
Nov 17, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
Wow.. well this was quite epic. But I still don't get why she can use it now so easily.
Also ouch for Xellos. xD.
Jun 21, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2014
Gigaslave explained but I still don't get how it helped Lina to master Ragnablade. Any thoughts?
mozgowJun 21, 2015 1:59 AM
Dec 15, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
Well crud, I was hoping she would gain some of the dragon’s power somehow. I guess that works though.

I agree with Shino’s theory that the Giga Slave likely manifests the Lord of Nightmares in their world to an extent. That would explain why doing it with the Sword of Light is necessary, since the Sword of Light strengths willpower and it would take immense willpower to hold back even a sliver of the Lord of Nightmares’ to prevent a full resurrection.

Still, I feel like we’re only getting one side of the story with the lore here. If the Lord of Nightmares is chief being of chaos, then there must be some chief being of order that holds him back. I want to know more about how that works in this setting’s lore.
Mar 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Nov 2016
So Giga Slave requires power from the Lord of Nightmares, guess that explains why it's so deadly. Well it's probably just a matter of time before she will be able to perform it with another source of energy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2019 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
FMmatron said:
So Giga Slave requires power from the Lord of Nightmares. It's probably just a matter of time before she will be able to perform it with another source of energy.

It's a black magic spell: you specifically call a certain "mazoku" through the "formula" (although mazoku isn't a viable term in this case) in order to be granted a fraction of its power. No alternative energy source to plug on.
Mar 17, 2019 6:30 AM

Nov 2016
Rei366 said:
FMmatron said:
So Giga Slave requires power from the Lord of Nightmares. It's probably just a matter of time before she will be able to perform it with another source of energy.

It's a black magic spell: you specifically call a certain "mazoku" through the "formula" (although mazoku isn't a viable term in this case) in order to be granted a fraction of its power. No alternative energy source to plug on.

I see, well then she really needs to be careful whenever she's going to resort to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2019 8:33 AM
Aug 2018
Looks like Zelgadis will have to find another way to get his human body back. After that explosion, I guess the Claire Bible is toast now.

But to be honest, I don't expect this to happen until the very end of the whole Slayers story.
tr25a3Oct 10, 2019 8:38 AM
Jan 26, 2020 7:43 PM

Apr 2009
I hope that's Saygram's last appearance. Good-riddance! Old Aqua showed up briefly too...and that's probably her last too! >_<

Suddenly a flashback on Xellos! Woot he's that powerful huh?...and then he's down.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 17, 2021 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
I actually expected Sylphiel to just appear hidden behind a rock or something xD
May 31, 2022 12:21 PM

Dec 2015
Damn, if things continue at this pace it seems like Martina won't be able to resurrect her Kingdom :/
Aug 14, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2008
Unfortunately the show has lost my interest during the last few episodes. It was more entertaining when it was an episodic comedy show with offbeat stories.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 12, 2023 2:49 AM

May 2023
Reply to Shinobinomi
I was also wondering this. My guess is that the Gigaslave wasn't an attack spell that uses the Lord of Nightmare's power, but a spell to manifest the Lord of Nightmare into this world. I guess this is the reason why, when used the wrong way, destroyes the world, since she is a huge entity and a void of darkness, not something you could describe like Shabranigdo.

Fists of justice. Awesome. And Slayers once again takes the serious turn with a massive bloodstains and cutting Zello's arm off.
Shinobinomi said:
My guess is that the Gigaslave wasn't an attack spell that uses the Lord of Nightmare's power, but a spell to manifest the Lord of Nightmare into this world.

knowing that makes this episode make more sense.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Next Episode 23 Discussion

Shinobinomi - Mar 2, 2012

9 by Wrongthinker »»
Sep 13, 2023 12:18 AM

Poll: » Slayers Next Episode 17 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 23, 2009

17 by Wrongthinker »»
Sep 11, 2023 11:52 PM

Poll: » Slayers Next Episode 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 23, 2009

12 by Wrongthinker »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Slayers Next Episode 6 Discussion

GabrielMP - Sep 15, 2010

9 by Wrongthinker »»
Aug 19, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » Slayers Next Episode 1 Discussion

ownosourus - Mar 15, 2013

9 by Wrongthinker »»
Aug 12, 2023 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.