Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 12, 2011 7:27 AM
Jul 2010
Merciless said:
And since we have the IMF come up, does this mean they will include a sex scandal of it's president as well in one of the 2 eps?
That would be great xD

Also, this episode was quite good but the one thing that pisses me off in the anime is how "all over the place" the info is. I haven't been able to find a pattern in the impacts the Financial District has on the real world. Yet again, maybe they're just random... Anyway, Mikuni has saved Japan from disappearing but that also means he saved the Financial District itself. As it had run out of assets, as shown by that golden counter, new assets were needed which I think is why Mikuni's actions had such a big impact. All the people disappearing, the futures that are being lost, all of those are turned into assets for the FD and in Midas Money Mikuni used to save Japan.

I like that Kimimaro is now going to try and take back the futures but I don't like Jennifer either. She's way too passive towards everything that's happening and now that she actually plans to act, she's trying to use Kimimaro...
Jun 12, 2011 11:28 AM

May 2010
I don't believe it Singapore is gone and it affects Hong kong, Shang hai and Japan for the worse even though Mikuni try to stop it but it still made a lot people suffer and disappear !!

I got to be honest I wasn't prepare when try Msyu want Mikuni to kiss her at the mouth but luckily they didn't

Jun 12, 2011 11:48 AM
Jan 2010
you are getting the names wrong you dont mean mikuni you mean yoga and masyu yogas father had an asset like masyu called Mua

Jun 12, 2011 12:22 PM

Mar 2010
so wait, why does everyone keep saying that masyu is kimimarou's daughter? i mean for now shes just an embodiment of his future right? couldnt she be his future wife or something?
Jun 12, 2011 5:40 PM

Sep 2008
I never learned about those economic terms. =[
Glad to see lots of Engrish though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2011 12:36 AM

Jul 2008
batossai said:
so wait, why does everyone keep saying that masyu is kimimarou's daughter? i mean for now shes just an embodiment of his future right? couldnt she be his future wife or something?

Remember that scene a few episodes back where there was a father and mother deciding to name their newborn child Mysu?
Jun 13, 2011 1:46 AM

Nov 2006
that lady referencing "that" twice in one sentence made me laugh so hard i had to rewind to hear what everyone else was saying.

the people screaming while the midas money was being printed was harsh.

that "speech" made by mikuni's sister before she fell into the coma has obviously affected him extremely deeply. how she went on about how all she has is the present and she doesn't know if she'll see a tomorrow, next week, or next year. it's interesting how her passing words are ultimately affecting the fate of japan in its entirety.

the only problem i have with the story so far is the claim from an earlier episode made by (i think) jennifer. she said something about financial districts probably being around since medieval times and mentioned that village disappearing ... what i want to know is how there are any countries left after the districts have been in use for so long. even if many more countries besides... caribbea ... and singapore have disappeared, it still seems like there are too many left in proportion to how long the districts have been around. on top of that, it doesn't seem like any countries are completely populated by hobos or anything. i may be letting reality cloud my imagination with this a bit - i guess third world countries could be seen as places with failing financial districts?

i'm assuming that the districts came into existence when some guy decided to make a contract or whatever with masakaki, which i think may have had something to do with that village? my brother mentioned faust when we were watching it but i'm so tired i can't remember much else.

and i find it really funny how masakaki fucked himself over by ~randomly picking~ kimimaro to become an entre. i guess that's just part of the game.

just word vomiting before i go to sleep.
windyJun 13, 2011 1:50 AM
Jun 13, 2011 3:08 AM
Mar 2010
GarLogan78 said:
batossai said:

Remember that scene a few episodes back where there was a father and mother deciding to name their newborn child Mysu?

In episode 9 before an argument

Then Maysu gets upset and says she's fine with the way things are now.

That conversation and when she gets mad right after both subtly hint that its possible Masyu could be something else besides Kimimarou's daughter.

I just thought to compare the Professor's asset with his wife in episode 4. There is a resemblance its only a slight one.
Jun 13, 2011 3:25 AM

Oct 2010
windy said:
my brother mentioned faust when we were watching it but i'm so tired i can't remember much else.
That's interesting because Masakaki may be viewed as Mephistopheles the way he tricks people into getting a large sum of money for something they merely know nothing about. The notion of hell is high so Faust may be used again in all this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 13, 2011 8:45 PM
Mar 2010
Quick note about Maysu and Kimimarou, If Kimimarou has a daughter, and the Midas bank was still around when he had her, Maysu and his daughter would be 2 completely different beings.

Just saying.
Jun 13, 2011 11:45 PM

Feb 2010
good episode overall.

masakaki is full of win.
Jun 14, 2011 5:45 AM
May 2011
Personally, I like Jennifer. Although the critic that her bosses really aren't doing much - to put kindly - are correct, Jennifer *was* advocating action against the Financial District and Midas Bank since *episode 3*. It was her bosses that kept a watch-only policy (although considerating that they are suppossed to go against Economics Cthulhu....).
My impression is that she past most of the anime gathering information *and* creating a plan to bring down the Midas Bank, one that probably she felt that will be the only shot that they will have (again, considerating their opponent, a reasonable guess). And apparently, it is a plan of her own - her bosses didn't have participation on it.
That is the reason that she was trying recruit Yoga - he is someone that she could trust.
And she bringing Ramen to Msyu was a nice touch. :-)

Let's ee what she will do in the next episode.
Jun 14, 2011 8:03 AM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Yep, battle shounen disguised as deep money show.
Now I'm finally starting to doubt if they can finish this without pulling a crappy ending out of someone's rear end.

Choose your crappy ending - they are sure to pick any one you can choose. There will be some sort of re-set. After all, they just pulled total God-Power out of their asses as far as having the Financial district able to change reality.

BTW - for those folks who know nothing at all about how stock markets work - no stock market in the world can fall like you saw in this episode - there are automatic trading blocks that come into place.

My suspension-of-disbelief started to fail last episode with the "Cariibbean Republic: crap, but it totally fell apart and went away with this awful episode.

Once again, the Noitamina writers have failed totally at coming up with a convincing original story.

Gawd - what a waste of time.
Jun 14, 2011 9:47 AM
Apr 2011
dbaranyi said:
Choose your crappy ending - they are sure to pick any one you can choose. There will be some sort of re-set. After all, they just pulled total God-Power out of their asses as far as having the Financial district able to change reality.

BTW - for those folks who know nothing at all about how stock markets work - no stock market in the world can fall like you saw in this episode - there are automatic trading blocks that come into place.

I have to admit that the ending is going to be tough to accept given the time. It does seem like a potential cop-out ending.

Although in the case of the stock market, I figure only in anime do things like this happen. If the stock market ever dropped like that I'm sure it would be international news about failed computer systems and a virus.
Jun 14, 2011 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
zorapup said:
dbaranyi said:

I have to admit that the ending is going to be tough to accept given the time. It does seem like a potential cop-out ending.

Although in the case of the stock market, I figure only in anime do things like this happen. If the stock market ever dropped like that I'm sure it would be international news about failed computer systems and a virus.

A couple of years ago there were problems with volatility on the NYSE - one day for example, a major stock dropped to a fraction of its normal trading price because of interplay between automated trading programs. Some smart cookie saw that and placed an order for a ton of that stock. The NYSE refused to acknowledge that order because they immediately realized that it was a software problem and not a real trade. (No one was offering the stock at that price.)

Yes, markets go up and markets go down - that's how markets behave. One doesn't need magical evil forces to make that happen. Right now I'm betting that Masakaki is being written as the "Kyube" ofthis series so that they can have a simple enemy and a simple ending.

BTW - the bit with Maysu (as a potential future baby) was done in Rahxephon, ten years ago or so. So was a god-re-set. But in contrast Rahxephon was intelligently written.
Jun 14, 2011 11:50 PM

Nov 2008
Wow that was a great episode! It was epic!

So now the tables turn, I wonder how this will end?
Jun 16, 2011 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
Well, that explains why they fight each other in the OP...
Jun 16, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, quite an interesting episode. It seems like Mikuni got a whole bunch of money using 20 years, but it only halted C for a moment and it didn't end up working. Yoga seems to be wanting to fight against him now. Masakaki or whatever his name is ... what are you planning ...?
Yoga's dad had a Mashu lookalike as an Asset. Daughter thing ...? Ugh, just confused mostly now lol D:
Jun 16, 2011 9:19 PM

May 2008
Confucius said:
He feels unattracted to a girl who looks exactly like his daughter

Gee, I certainly hope not. That would make this show way too metaphorical and have many unfortunate implications.

Thing is, this show isn't "deep", and if it was trying to do anything below the surface level, then I don't think they're going to be able to pull something off that isn't incredibly offensive on some level.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 17, 2011 3:37 PM

Sep 2009
I still hate the fact that this show has no direction whatsoever and despite a lot of explaining, there are too many things unexplained about the financial district, such as why and how it was made (or maybe they were discussed but the show didn't do too well keeping my attention). That Kimimaro and Mashu scene was very cute though; their relationship should have been explored far more in the story.
Jun 19, 2011 7:20 AM

Jun 2011
Hmmm...interesting, so Kimi is finally siding with blonde big boobs.

Wonder what they have in store to topple the district. She said illegal methods...really interested in what she meant with that.
Jun 26, 2011 11:40 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, damn, so they weren't able to fix things after all? Contrary to what Kimimaro thinks, though, this is definitely preferable to [C]. If [C] happened then there'd be no present OR future.

Wonder what Kimimaro thinks he's going to do to help. Somehow destroy the system? Wouldn't that just have the same effect as [C]? Even if he takes down Mikuni, that'll change nothing except probably disturb the balance even more.
Jun 27, 2011 3:54 PM

Dec 2010
I'm pissed off by Jennifer too. But what's really more important is how the things changed... into some kind of indivertible state. And Hanabi too... she was so dark at the ending. I can't see where this anime is heading to =\
Jun 28, 2011 9:21 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, the world is going crazy. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 3, 2011 5:34 AM
Nov 2008
No no no...the entre of kimimaro's dad had different colored hair and stuff doesn't that mean that the child isn't msyu but her daughter?? With Kimimaro?? xD
Jul 7, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
Good lord, the Engrish is so laughably bad...

I gotta admit, this anime doesn't make things very clear, it's pretty confusing unless you pay very close attention.

I'm hoping the final two episodes are good, but I kinda doubt it...
Jul 30, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
i think they will try to make a second season or somthing

Oct 24, 2011 9:08 AM

Jun 2011
JustALEX said:
Good lord, the Engrish is so laughably bad...

Can't agree more. I just have to maxed the speaker just to understand what they said.

A kissing scene finally happens, but only forehead kissing though. And Masakaki really gone crazy in this episode.

I still don't understand what happens in this episode. I thought Mikuni saved Japan from disappear but in exchange Japan gone back to the '80s?
Dec 6, 2011 9:38 PM

Sep 2011
My fkin stream keeps fkin up!!! God dammit!!!

Anyways, he should have kissed her normally! He just lost his only opportunity.
Oct 23, 2012 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
Hilarious kiss scene.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 9, 2012 5:18 AM

May 2012
Damn great episode can't believe it after they finally saved Japan from that changing wave it actually still happened, everyone's future is being erased...

And damn that scene with Hanabi that was kinda freaky!

But lol he's such a stupid for not kissing her properly! Well at least they do express feelings towards each other!

Can't wait for the next episode this will get very interesting!
Aug 10, 2013 2:07 PM

Jul 2012
Still stupid. It sets up a realistic idea but uses asspulls and unrealistic events to cover up for it. Solid 5 still.

PseudoJord said:
I still hate the fact that this show has no direction whatsoever and despite a lot of explaining, there are too many things unexplained about the financial district, such as why and how it was made (or maybe they were discussed but the show didn't do too well keeping my attention).

This

dbaranyi said:
Oosran said:
Yep, battle shounen disguised as deep money show.
Now I'm finally starting to doubt if they can finish this without pulling a crappy ending out of someone's rear end.

My suspension-of-disbelief started to fail last episode with the "Cariibbean Republic: crap, but it totally fell apart and went away with this awful episode.

Once again, the Noitamina writers have failed totally at coming up with a convincing original story.

Gawd - what a waste of time.

And this.
Aug 16, 2013 9:44 PM
Jul 2013
I wish they didn't make the country disappear when its financial district collapsed. It should have changed its history, so that the piece of land is absorbed by another country. A country is only a name attached to a piece of land after all, and the land's name changes all the time. The land, however, is eternal.
Apr 24, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
So Mikuni invested a large sum of money to defend the country again C but the consequence of that would be that the future of the country would also be affected

I think Mikuni was right to save the present , wouldn't that give them more time to take appropriate decision the next time to ensure that security of the country?

lol @ Mysu trying to kiss Kimimaro on the lips
There is that possibility that she may be his future daughter , I'm sure he'd kiss her if he was sure that wasn't the case
Dec 10, 2014 12:55 AM

Aug 2009
epic mind blown

must keep watching

dem mashu moments
Aug 25, 2015 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
This show is going downhill pretty fast... That's what you get for trying to explore every direction with no fucking time to spare : only half-assed attempts remain.

I'll finish it since there are only 2 EPs left, but it's becoming painful.

Edit : nevemind that. Saw 5 minutes of episode 10, i'm done.
HapHazrDAug 25, 2015 3:57 AM
Aug 9, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
Oh Mikuni what have you done? Does he really think that's better this way?
Terrible to see all these things that happen. Poor Hanabi she looks distracted.

Maybe Mikuni now realised that it wasn't a good decision.

Oh man I wanted that kiss so badly, why Kimimaro >.<
Will Mashu really be his daughter? I don't want that. As Mashu said, now as it is, it's good. A kiss for a particular person hmm.

Natsu88Aug 9, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 11, 2017 8:44 AM
Jun 2013
Wait so when you give up your future it's measured in years? Since top hat said he will have to give up 20 years as payment. I thought it was all of it. Still zero explanation for hanabis mood change. Kinda feel bad for msyu since she seems to have fallen in love, but kimimaro can't get past the whole might be daughter thing.
May 15, 2018 1:03 AM

Sep 2017
The english got way better. Also, the cities in Financial district are probably bankrupt cities like Singapore which fell into the abyss.

The new present is very bleak. Poor Mikuni. Hope Yoga finds a way outta this one.

Yoga's asset is very thirsty for the kiss. That was quite funny when she tried to get that kiss. 2 more episodes 2 go. Let's see if they unravel the mysteries. I am so hyped.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 3, 2019 5:34 AM

Feb 2018
Kimimaro almost kissing Mysu.
Mar 22, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2019
Dat Engrish made me laugh my ass off.
Sep 6, 2020 10:45 AM

Aug 2017
That kiss in the forehead awwwwwwwwww

I guess that everything and everyone disappearing is thrown into another dimension or something. At least it looked like that in the scene with Masakaki before the OP. That metaphor for central bank in the Financial District was crazy lol. Printing mire money to "save" the present by giving away the future...is the show just a big allegory to Keynesianism?
St0rmbladeSep 6, 2020 10:50 AM
Apr 10, 2023 12:20 PM

Jan 2021
Msyu do just want that kissy wissy.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.