Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2013
Decent action. That's all.

Nothing compared to the OVA/Movies though.
Sep 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2012
introduction eps, not that much of action tho
Mar 22, 2015 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
AmberFebruary said:

this. it could have been better if it is done in traditional animation like GitS.

I myself cant watch this cgi stuff. Gits is the first show I thought of that it could/should have been like.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 21, 2015 3:10 PM
Sep 2009
ForgiveSins said:
This truly is an original Appleseed manga dedicated adaptation, so anyone who is an Appleseed fan from the movies will surely be shocked and anyone who has never read/seen the original Appleseed manga/OVAs/movies will be disappointed.

Late reply, but as someone who remembers the manga better than the movies, I'll agree. The animation does a good job of capturing the "souless" sterile nature of Gaia, though I find it awkward. The stories are new to the Appleseed manga, and do have plotholes. I also think in the first ep they should have re-established how, while Deunen isn't used to how procedural ESWAT and the police are, she's otherwise a *much* better combatant, with several years of survival in the post-apocalyptic "outside" world.
Oct 29, 2017 8:00 PM
Mar 2017
I think it is not necessary to say more, everything I thought already said it.
dropped.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Apr 11, 2019 11:08 PM
Oct 2018
"Dunin(?) was of African descent..." [pan to a blonde, alabaster-skinned, green-eyed chick...]

LMAAOOooo. OK, not trying to go full SJW, but either make the "African" chick *not* look like the whitest person possible, or just drop the "African" angle altogether, ffs (and yes, I know Afrikaaners and Boors exist, but we all know what "African" means, and that ain't it lol)

tbh some of the mechanical design was cool, but the characters are fucking terrible. That said, it kinda looks like it has some "so bad it's good" appeal, and it's only one cour, also am a sucker for anything with that 90s "cyberpunk" feel, or anything Masamune-related, so I'll ride it out.

tl;dr- looks terrible, but also kinda fun
Mar 5, 2021 6:00 PM
Jul 2017
Dropped. This show isn't honestly worth anytime if the series continues like this. Writing, animation, pacing, all bad.
Apr 26, 2023 8:31 PM

Sep 2020
I'm not a big fan of the series but the movies/ovas were enjoyable so this feels alright, unimpressive CGI aside. Deia looks alright but the other woman are woofs and Deunan looks like a disproportionate Barbie doll.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Appleseed XIII Episode 13 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Apr 27, 2013

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 26, 2023 8:45 PM

Poll: » Appleseed XIII Episode 5 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Apr 26, 2013

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 26, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Appleseed XIII Episode 4 Discussion

4 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 26, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Appleseed XIII Episode 12 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Apr 27, 2013

3 by garydai »»
Mar 9, 2017 9:25 AM

Poll: » Appleseed XIII Episode 7 Discussion

3 by ced1106 »»
Dec 21, 2015 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.