Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 5, 2011 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
Poor Minchi :(,and those Lips! :3, that pretty muchs sums up my thoughts for todays episode.

inb more crying from ohana :(.
Jun 5, 2011 7:45 PM

Aug 2010
Tohru making his moves! getting dangerous

Minko needs to make her move too!
Jun 5, 2011 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
Antanaru said:
"Interesting" way of translating "zettai ryouiki". At first I thought I misheard something but feverish Ohana spouts even more nonsense than usual. Oh, those Japanese fevers. Close to 38 degrees and you're already hallucinating and almost dying.

We're not even halfway the show and I'm already getting bored.

Haha yeah Japanese Fevers, the worst possible kind. This show is going downhill imo, since I predicted this episode in its entirity last week
Jun 5, 2011 8:20 PM

Feb 2010
garfield15 said:
Jacut said:
Great drama, great development, great episode.

Yeah I really think this episode was fantastically directed. Don't know how it could be so disappointing or hard to follow.

Agreed. I very much enjoyed it! :) Sweet to see all the members of the house coming to her room... even ecchi-man lol

Linalee-Stratos said:
Crii said:
Obvious TooruxOhana ship is obvious. <3 And I think its pretty obvious the Minko has already caught up on the fact that Tooru likes Ohana. xD

And omg , Toooooru, you are such an adorable fool when in love. xD
I wanted to say the exact same thing~♥

The last bit was funny.
Okay so Minchi still didn't react or maybe she isn't that bad as a person? But her being all normal about Tooru's crush will not suit her character.
I really like the writer dude. He is considerate in a very weird way XD
Lets see what happens with Ko next episode.
And why is Tooru so hot? ♥.♥

HNGGG....Ugh yess. More Tooru... pleaseeeeeeeee.

I am shipping Ohana x Tohru forsure.
Jun 5, 2011 8:28 PM

Oct 2010
i didnt understand the little girl with the fox in ohana's dream?
Jun 5, 2011 8:46 PM

Feb 2011
I hope there's no solid romance in this cause I will feel really bad for minchi I'm just fine seeing ohanaXtooru moment.
Jun 5, 2011 9:15 PM

Nov 2007
the whole needing lots of rest over a small fever in anime is so played out. I've never seen people so weak from real fevers as in anime. it's just starting to bother me. as predicted Tooru likes her. not much else to comment on. for all the foreshadowing and mentions of Kou, she still never replied to his confession and he still hasn't done anything to make her reply. this really isn't going anywhere. love triangle/square possible.
Jun 5, 2011 9:15 PM

Jun 2008
Really liked this episode!
It's got great character development!
We finally get to see Minko admitting her fondness of Ohana :3 hehe.
Also... I really like the Ohana and Tooru pair.
I kinda had a feeling that he will end up liking her from the first few episodes =P hehe.
I've got to give Minko props for not being a jerk after realizing that Ohana has stolen the heart of her crush. She actually went and checked up on her even though she knew.
I like that about her :D

mystik said:
the whole needing lots of rest over a small fever in anime is so played out. I've never seen people so weak from real fevers as in anime. it's just starting to bother me. as predicted Tooru likes her. not much else to comment on. for all the foreshadowing and mentions of Kou, she still never replied to his confession and he still hasn't done anything to make her reply. this really isn't going anywhere. love triangle/square possible.

As for your comment about the "small fever". It was not a small fever from the looks of it. Some fevers can be small... but some can be very strong. I've had that kind of fever once when I was little. I was dizzy and had a huge headache. It was difficult to even get up and move because I had such a head ache. So I think it is possible for some people to get it that badly. =\
Jun 5, 2011 9:36 PM

Jan 2008
jigglypuff said:
Pretty disappointed with this episode.

Really? I think it's one of the better ones so far
Jun 5, 2011 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
Minko>Tooru>Ohana>?<Ko

Lol that novelist, such weird ideas
Jun 5, 2011 10:57 PM
Apr 2011
weird episode, very cute though lol
Jun 6, 2011 1:14 AM

Jan 2010
OMG!!! I can't wait til next week! It looks like there might actually be some OhanaXKo development! This ep was reallyyyyy cute though! Oh and it looks like Ohanas mum is gonna pop up next ep which is good cause I was waiting for her to appear~

I have a feeling that next weeks ep Ohana is gonna go to Tokyo cause she was in a city and it looked like she was lost plus she was calling out for Ko chan. I think shes gonna go cause of the weird dream she had of him fading away or maybe her mums appearance might be the cause?

Back to this ep though I think even if it was a little boring it was needed. Ohana had to realize that she loves the Kissuio (I probably spelt that wrong XP) and that she indeed has a place there/another sort of family. I think it really showed her getting over her "I must do things alone" sorta attitude and made her realize she needs to depend on other people and that shes not replaceable.

The TooruXOhana development was exciting though! Now its undeniable that he indeed does have feelings whether he, Ohana or Minchi realize it. Though Im pretty sure Minchi has atleast sensed something but I dunno if Tooru has realized his own feelings! Its a definite though that Ohana has not seen it... I mean her and Ko were friends for like what years and she never realized he loved her! Ahahaha Dense much!

Finally to the couple teams/Characters~ I dont particularly ship anyone anymore... If Ohana ends up with Tooru I'll be happy but if she ends up with Ko I'll still be happy... I like them equally now! There totally different but soooo awesome so Im gonna say I'll be happy either way! Now Minchi though... I started off not really liking her... But I guess I like her better now! If she ends up with Tooru I guess I will be happy but if she doesn't I wont be heart broken... Shes a "Meh I guess shes okay" kinda character to me~ But if she keeps getting better then Yeah Im sure I'll come to like her more! I mean she did get some brownie points for not drawing on Ohana... Though I did laugh my head off when she imagined it!

Ok ok I know i wrote alottttt but to wrap this up im gonna give this ep a 4/5! It was a little boring but I think the story/show needed this development and the TooruXOhana scene was soooo cute! I cannot wait til the next episode!!! :)
Jun 6, 2011 1:39 AM
Apr 2011
Tooru and Minchi just "look" more like a couple. Some couples just look like they suit each other. Tooru and Ohana don't seem that way to me. I'm still waiting for Minchi to do something that changes Tooru's preference.
Jun 6, 2011 2:03 AM

Jul 2009
Cirris said:
P.S.
I'm not thrilled with the possible couplings being developed in this episode. Ko-chan and Ohana seem to be a much better fit to me than Tohru. Also, Minko really loves Tohru and the fact he's gushing over Ohana is hurtful to her and could really strain an already tenuous friendship between Ohana and Minko.

Have to agree for this reason. I'm usually not overly fussy about shipping and things, but I'm watching this for the friendships; so I'd rather not see things fall apart because of something like that. It's good that Ohana doesn't really seem interested in Tohru at least.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Jun 6, 2011 3:07 AM
Oct 2010
Tohru's being an ass again.
Jun 6, 2011 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
I hope Tohru and Ohana get together.
Jun 6, 2011 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
I find myself really liking this episode.. it's the kind of "boring" episode i'm actually entertained with..
Okami still as awesome as ever..
Jiro spouting nonsense again only for it to actually have some sort of influence to a sick randomly mumbling Ohana after seeing Okami.. zettai ryouiki how?
Tohru being a lolicon and lips fetishist.. much hyped by the shippers out there.. tch, it's because of you guys that friendship/yuri elements of the show are less being shown.. the only reason why i like that scene is because i'm a lolicon and lips fetishist myself..
the TV, turn it on, turn it off.. this is like the easter egg of the episode..
Minchi noticing Tohru's worries, almost getting back at Ohana by imagining writings on her face, but ironically ended up as the primary source of encouragement for Ohana..
Nakochi also being the other friend who encourages.. actually, the scene would've been too ordinary had it not been for the way she's also taking up Minchi's place on the chair the more powerful her words of appreciation are.. became quite funny to me instead..
and the two older women stopping the guys from causing more crap, priceless..
also, it's too bad i will never fully get what the dream sequence is for due to cultural differences between me and the show.. what kind of symbolism is it for, anyway?
argiliumJun 6, 2011 4:34 AM
Jun 6, 2011 5:11 AM

Jun 2009
To all MAL b*tches who worshiping Bastard Lolicon TohruXOhana.
2D girls not like you all, real girls...
Jun 6, 2011 5:20 AM

Oct 2010
This, is what I was afraid of. Tooru developing such feelings towards Ohana, and because of the chain of events which made it seem like Ohana was chasing after him. Minko seriously needs to start making a move now.

And I really didn't appreciate that dream Ohana had. I think, it somewhat gives Ko-chan a negative image, like someone wanting to separate her from the things she love about working at this inn.
Jun 6, 2011 6:25 AM

Nov 2007
Nako is just too awesome. I love onee-chan characters <3

Next week's episode seems like a flashback to me. It's got Ko, Ohana's mum and Tokyo. Or maybe Satsuki dragged Ohana back to Tokyo.

I am now officially side-shipping Tooru/Ohana just so that I can have Ko/Nako even though I hate the Tooru/Ohana dynamic.
amayadoriJun 6, 2011 6:39 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 6, 2011 6:35 AM

Aug 2010
Her grandmother was quite a babe when she was young.

Anyway, Ohana cries, I cry. I hate the girl and I can't stand Tohru for liking her, but still. Plus, I dislike the way Minchi seems to not care about it all happening. Nakochi being moe and sweet, LOL AT ENDING WITH THE NOVELIST AND OHANA'S UNCLE.
Jun 6, 2011 7:34 AM

Jun 2009
Aww Nako
Aww Ohana
Oh you Tohru.
Oh you Jiromaru.

<3

So anyway, i'd rather have Minchi x Tohru tbh. She should start some move on him soon.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 6, 2011 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
OrochiPL said:
So anyway, i'd rather have Minchi x Tohru tbh. She should start some move on him soon.
I though she did with the tempura in a way.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 6, 2011 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
So Ohana's mother is coming next episode. Could it be that she wants to take Ohana with her? In that case, dream with Koichi is a foreshadowing in a way.
Jun 6, 2011 9:54 AM
Apr 2010
This was the weirdest, most omnipotent, confusing, relaxing yet tense episode I've seen in this series.... Yes, I don't know how else to describe this episode.
Jun 6, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2010
Not having a nasty migraine attack when you overworked yourself sounds like paradise to me.
And Nako should know that there is nothing more annoying then having your television on especially when your sick.
Then again the only thing they show hear are annoying talent shows and commercials which no one cares about and they find it strange why people prefer the internet over television.

The episode was nice tho a bit confusing at times.
The parts with Tooru where funny just wondering what he was trying to do feed her or get close to her.
Jun 6, 2011 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
One big question: WHY DO THEY PUT TV ON WHEN A SICK PERSON WANTS TO SLEEP ? O_O

and i loveed ohana x tooru!! hahaha the fever! :D
Jun 6, 2011 10:46 AM
Mar 2009
ZETTAI RYOUIKI!!!!
Jun 6, 2011 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
BL2W said:
Cirris said:
I think Ohana was a bit short sighted when she mistook the comments that were made to keep her in bed and as a sign that "they didn't need her." I do think her mindset was understandable because her whole life was spent around a mother who lived life just to screw with others. "cut them down" seemed to be her favorite phrase.

Now that you mention it, that's a pretty sound point. Instead, shouldn't she have thought about it the opposite? That, no matter what, she was going to keep working hard? Ah, well, that tidbit is alright since this was a pretty good episode overall, anyway~

Ah, I approach this from a different angle. Ohana has spent years of her life buying the affection of her mother...the right to belong by working in ways that made her indispensable. Ohana's introduction to the inn reenforced this worldview (ei you may stay, we might be your friends if you work so hard we can't get along without you). Suddenly Ohana is faced with a reality where people will like her, will want her to be around, even though they can get along without her labor.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Jun 6, 2011 4:13 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode, but i'm starting to feeling sad for Minko...

Let's hope that Tooru change is mind!
Jun 6, 2011 5:50 PM

Sep 2008
Ohana would not have gotten better without Mamiko Noto as her support.
She is one lucky girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2011 6:55 PM

Nov 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Still hope for Ohana-Kou and Tooru-Minko

I know what you mean~
Jun 6, 2011 7:05 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, Ohana only used Kou as something like a defense mechanism or guidance councilor in the show. Like whenever there's a problem, she seeks Kou. What about god XDD At the end, it almost seems like Ohana wont be needing Kou anymore.*hears Ohana shouting Kou's name in the preview* Oh come on! Ohana, just admit that you actually "needed" Kou in your life >:P You can't live without him. I still have hopes for the next ep since it seems Ohana is returning to the city.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 6, 2011 9:01 PM

Mar 2010
The grandmother was a babe when she was younger :D
Jun 6, 2011 9:35 PM

Oct 2010
Muchan said:
The grandmother was a babe when she was younger :D
Yeah she was in the spoiler
damn that is so Geisha looking.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 7, 2011 1:39 AM

May 2010
Ohana is now so hard worker.

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 7, 2011 4:53 AM
Nov 2008
Not going the way i would have wanted..Tooru x Ohana is growing bigger and bigger DAMN IT!
And Tooru u pervert damn lol
Jun 7, 2011 6:38 AM

May 2008
Why is that when characters like Ohana realizes that things go well without their help they always think about leaving everything behind and make themselves pitiful like that? I think she wasn't sent there because the inn was in a desperate situation anyway~
Lucky that she didn't really went back to the the city. We saved some unnecessary drama~

I really liked the direction of this episode but I still can't comprehend with the idea of Tohru x Ohana pairing~
Jun 7, 2011 8:48 AM

Jun 2011
Hallelujah!! This episode made me scream (*/∇\*) キャ "KYAAA!!!" over and over~~

Finally.. Tohru's icy exterior towards Ohana is starting to melt away~~ Seeing it is just so sweet..

Initially I'm for Ko X Ohana.. but no one can't deny the enticing charm of a tsundere like Tohru..
Gaaaaaah.. That's why now I don't know who to go for anymore~

======================================

But then again, poor Minchi. It seems that Tohru just sees her as a kohai. What a waste for a pretty face~ (−_−)Hope she realizes that its not the end for her.
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Jun 7, 2011 10:09 AM

Jan 2010
That guy sure has it hard for Ohana, eh? Well, can't really blame him...
Jun 7, 2011 3:04 PM

Aug 2008
I thought it was pretty sweet of the Madam Manager to visit Ohana. She seems more of the type to visit a sick person secretly.
Jun 7, 2011 4:04 PM

Oct 2010
wow that OP is annoying
i think it would be nicer if she did go back to the city, to be honest i'm getting a bit bored of this anime.
i only just found out that the same person who is voice acting Minko is the same who voice acted Maka in Soul Eater, they actualy sound quite similar, but Maka is WAY cooler then Minko.
Jun 8, 2011 2:28 AM

Aug 2010
Not much happened in this episode, but that little was interesting. Tooru is falling for Ohana...too bad, I'm with the OhanaxKou / MinchixTooru shippers on this one, even though it seems Ohana is getting ready to say goodbye to her previous life. Which reminds me, I wonder if the girl (?) and the fox from the dream will have a greater role later on, they have already been mentioned earlier...

I want a gif so badly of the scene in which Jiroumaru and Shijima are heading towards Ohana's room only to be driven back by the landlady and Wajima, so funny! 4/5 overall.

Edit: I rewatched the scene where they used the expression"zettai ryouiki", I never thought I would hear it in any other show apart from NGE, and especially not in this sense. Well done.
Jun 8, 2011 6:55 AM

Sep 2010
An awesome episode.........

Jun 8, 2011 8:50 AM

Feb 2011
fell sorry to kou
again
Jun 8, 2011 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
I am now completely convinced Ohana is in love with Ko.
Whenever she has a problem he is always the first one she goes to. She even dreams about him.
And the preview of next week's episode enforced that even more.

Sure, Tooru is starting to develop some feelings for Ohana, much to Minchi's distain. And that much can't be denied.
But that relationship will never happen, because as far as Ohana is concerned Tooru might as well not even be around, since her sole focus is on Ko.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Jun 8, 2011 11:18 AM

Nov 2009
Okay at first i was somewhat disappointed because nothing really happened, but there was a lot of enjoyable moments:
1. Tohoru x Ohana. While i am for Ko, i don't mind seeing Tohoru act all flustered.
2. They don't need her. Yeah, a little bit of an overreaction on her part but she is sick enough to be dellusional (i guess?)
3. The writer was hilarious, or at least Ohana's comment on him.

I really hope next episode isn't a flashback or something. XD
Jun 9, 2011 12:42 AM
May 2011
I felt as if last week's episode didn't quite have the quality of the preceding one, and seeing that this one continued the downward trend in quality was sad. I still enjoyed it, but know the show is capable of better.

The Tohru x Ohana stuff is tiring. I doubt it will go anywhere- I really suspect Ko/Ohana will be the canon couple, although Tohru will be a played with possibility for drama.

Nako was adorable as always.
Jun 9, 2011 2:52 AM

May 2010
Turn on TV while sleeping, yeah!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 9, 2011 3:40 AM

Mar 2011
can someone tell me what the girl and the fox in ohana's dream may symbolize?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.