Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2011 7:39 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lawl I completely forgot Dragon was a part of this flashback.

Preview: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/GPplayerJMe.html?anime/onepiece/110612onepiece&type=flv
Jun 4, 2011 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
The highlight of this ep was seeing Dragon since he's been rarely seen in the OP series. Seeing Ace's haki animated was good. What I don't get is why didn't the Captain get knocked out. He doesn't seem to be a person that could withstand a person's haki and he doesn't even know about it to boot. This arc is winding down to a close. Can't wait for the next one though I doubt they'll continue going by the manga since the opening kinda hinted that we may get filler eps about what's happening with the rest of the crew.

Jun 4, 2011 8:12 PM

Jul 2010
Draggggon :0
Jun 4, 2011 9:07 PM

May 2009
OMG!!! please be alive!!!...probably will be
Jun 4, 2011 9:24 PM

Sep 2006
Scytheboy813 said:
OMG!!! please be alive!!!...probably will be

lol fail suspense is fail. dunno how the director expects us to believe that Ace's life would ever be in danger at this point in time. :D

Episode's a bit slow now, hopefully next episode makes up for it.
Jun 4, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Wow was not expecting dragon to be there. :o
Jun 4, 2011 9:37 PM
Sep 2010
I forgot all about Dragon. I wonder why he came to Goa Kingdom in the first place. This arc just got even more interesting.
Uploader53
Jun 4, 2011 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
Good episode. I expected to see Dragon within the fire after the haki was used since it didn't seem that Luffy used it and I'm uncertain if Ace has that type of power since I can't remember ever seeing him use it in the past. Can't wait till next week.
Jun 4, 2011 10:03 PM

Feb 2011
good episode. cant wait till next week but they have been pulling this arc to long i wanna see whats going to happen after. but non the less its still great.
Jun 4, 2011 10:07 PM

Jan 2010
Judging by the preview it looks like two more episodes will finish it. I feel bad for ace and luffy, but sabo's easily got it the worst, he actually has to live with that now. You know, until...
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jun 4, 2011 11:56 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't expect that Dragon will appear at that place. And Poor Sabo...

I can't wait for the next episode~

Jun 5, 2011 1:40 AM

Aug 2010
Wow! o.O Doragon showed up!
Jun 5, 2011 2:36 AM

Feb 2010
lol never understand why ppl always going nuts when dragon shows up^^ at this point he is proably the most overhyped character in the entire story.
Jun 5, 2011 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
bskbob said:
lol never understand why ppl always going nuts when dragon shows up^^ at this point he is proably the most overhyped character in the entire story.

lol its just his mystery that we like about him..

the fact that he is also a Noble and is trying to change the country is also nice.. didn't see that coming

so 2 more episodes..

then the crew adventures :D can't wait to see that animated
Jun 5, 2011 3:58 AM

Nov 2009
I'm soooooooooo glad I am not from a rich family ...yup, rich ppl angers me, but rich AND spoiled ppl pisses me off.
Jun 5, 2011 6:06 AM

May 2011
so did ace or dragon used the haki ?lol

Jun 5, 2011 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
Uploader53 said:
I forgot all about Dragon. I wonder why he came to Goa Kingdom in the first place. This arc just got even more interesting.

Jun 5, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
cardin said:
lol fail suspense is fail. dunno how the director expects us to believe that Ace's life would ever be in danger at this point in time. :D

I didn't find the suspense "fail." It's definitely not about whether Ace's life (or Luffy's life for that matter) is in danger. I want to know what happens next.. and considering that I can't wait for next week's episode I'd say they did a good job.

Great episode.
Jun 5, 2011 1:32 PM

Jan 2011
bskbob said:

lol! have you even been watching OP so far? is that your first ep? or do you just not get the concept of a shounen?
coincidentally, dragon is luffy's father. and omfg.... luffy is the protagonist. and oh, almost nothing is known about dragon. so, why do you think there is a hype around this mysterious creature?! well, well, well.
I think, I'm going to pray for humanity
Jun 5, 2011 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
I'm actually amazed that Bluejam was stupid enough to believe that deal with the King. I mean this is the same nobility willing to massacre everyone in the Gray Terminal and he believed any deal with the King would be honored? The whole point is to destroy everything they perceive as ugly which includes the local pirates. That group might be similarly evil, but they wouldn't fit into the nobility. Besides the nobility are so full of themselves they'd never accept pirates being given titles. What's funny is that even if Bluejam survives the whole thing can just be pinned on him.

Interesting to see Dragon around though. When hearing what Sabo has to say it's somewhat easy to see how he could be driven to revolution. Monsters like that royal family are so corrupt and able to ruin so many lives, something had to be done.

Still I'm looking forward to getting to the end of this arc. Been way too long since we saw the crew.
Jun 6, 2011 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
I forgot Dragon was born in Goa kingdom. Does that mean he was born a noble? Seeing Ace's first time haki was awesome too.
Jun 6, 2011 8:06 AM

Mar 2010
smokes said:

so 2 more episodes..

then the crew adventures :D can't wait to see that animated

There will be at least 3-5 episodes after the childhood, and maybe they can stretch them even more actually, so the crew is still far away... :)
But if the arrow is straight
And the point is slick
It can pierce through dust
No matter how thick...
Jun 6, 2011 9:35 PM

May 2008
Nooo Ace dun dieeee .... lol giving myself false suspence

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2011 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
Why are most of the nobles all over One Piece universe so goddamn fugly? They're already despicable by actions and thoughts alone, their appearance have to be detestable too! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 7, 2011 12:34 PM

Jan 2007
FlareKnight said:
I'm actually amazed that Bluejam was stupid enough to believe that deal with the King.

Ugh, tell me about it. When he was stalling in disbelief, going "hey, open the door", I was this close to palming my face.

Good episode. Glad it came out the same day I caught up to episode 500.

Dragon is priceless. Makes sense why Garp would raise Luffy there of all places, but I can't say I'm too approving of how he chose to raise Luffy.
The dialog with Sabo was really powerful. Sabo's a really smart kid, and I loved the insight about why Dragon became a Revolutionary (not Sabo specifically, but the overall state of his country). Can't really blame him. Gosh, Windmill village is in such a contrast to almost everywhere else in the kingdom x_X

Luffy and Ace are adorable. It's sweet the kid who wanted to kill Luffy would go as far as to use his Haki to save him <3
InoueOrihimeJun 7, 2011 12:57 PM
Jun 8, 2011 8:08 AM
Mar 2008
Holy crap! This episode was so beyond deep it shouldn't've been possible... much less managing to actually manage to make said deepness comprehensible to even the stupidestest idiot.

And the fire....it's a disastertastrophe.
Jun 8, 2011 1:40 PM
Dec 2010
OMG IM SO WAITING TO SEE WHAT IS THE POWER OF LUFFY'S DAD
Jun 9, 2011 7:03 AM

Apr 2009
I want to see all the nobles to be defeated by Luffy, and asking for forgiveness!
Jun 10, 2011 1:14 AM
Feb 2010
Dragon!
Jun 11, 2011 3:52 PM
Jun 2011
I liked seeing Dragon 'again' - really want to know more about Dragon's character though!! I wonder if he'll actually speak to Luffy, or just save him and run like in Logue Town. That telescope bit was well sad!! xDThe next ep is almost up!!!
Jun 11, 2011 3:55 PM

Sep 2010
So much hype for Dragon. Anyway, the people that was torn between who used the Haki Dragon or Ace, are you fucking serious? -_- Dragon is on the OTHER side of the door, also rewatch Marineford, when Luffy uses "Haoushoku Haki", Ace said "you too?" Just like how mentioned Sabo in Marineford arc, all to clear it up. :) Not to mention how obviously, they made it that Ace is the one who used it. Though, why didn't he train haki, he was Shirohige's 2nd division commander, he should have learned how to use Haki from the other commanders.

I want to know if Dragon posses an Akuma no Mi power or not.

2 more episodes and Luffy's past is done. :D
Jun 14, 2011 12:26 PM
Nov 2010
This ep. really makes me want to see the next one... Yibis, gogo!

Baba will save the day from what I can guess. (No spoiler just assumptions)
Jun 14, 2011 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
tofei said:
Why are most of the nobles all over One Piece universe so goddamn fugly? They're already despicable by actions and thoughts alone, their appearance have to be detestable too! LOL

It's made like to reflect their inner world. Is like when you meet a really awful person. Even if his/her appearance looks relatively good, after knowing the person even it's outside appearance starts to seem ugly and distorted. Obviously in a manga there is no time for such a thing for secondary characters so he gives them the appearance they would have had if you knew them and knew well what disgusting creature they really are.
Jun 15, 2011 8:04 AM

Oct 2007
tofei said:
Why are most of the nobles all over One Piece universe so goddamn fugly?

Same reason as England and Europe... inbreeding.
Jun 16, 2011 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
An appearance by dragon. and ace did have that power. too bad he never got to use it before dieing D:
removed-userJul 5, 2012 6:21 AM
Jun 22, 2011 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
Why many ppl say Ace used that haki, it was obvious that some other person did that ~ might be Dragon ^^"
Jun 22, 2011 12:14 PM

Jan 2007
angelcross37 said:
Why many ppl say Ace used that haki, it was obvious that some other person did that ~ might be Dragon ^^"

Dragon wasn't quite in the area at that time. And Ace is Roger's son. There's no reason why he wouldn't have the Haki.
Jun 22, 2011 2:30 PM

Feb 2011
Sigh, when it happened Bluejam looked at Ace and said, "what did you do?" there's nothing which hints that it was Dragons doing. When Dragon saved Luffy in Loguetown I'm surprised Smokes didn't draw the conclusion their related somehow (friendship,family,etc)
Jun 22, 2011 4:34 PM

Jan 2007
AnimePoop said:
When Dragon saved Luffy in Loguetown I'm surprised Smokes didn't draw the conclusion their related somehow (friendship,family,etc)

Maybe he did, but found no evidence. I'm sure the Marines must've investigated Dragon's background thoroughly, but if there was no record of Dragon having family ties, it'd be a dead-end lead-wise.
At least, such records weren't accessible to Smoker and Tashigi. At the very least Sengoku knew but that might've just been due to his relation with Garp.
Aug 16, 2011 11:59 AM

Jul 2010
Omg Ace also has the kings Haki? Means that; Shanks, Whitebeard, Boa Hancock,Rayleigh, Old dude from the Gray Terminal, Ace, Monkey D. Dragon and Luffy all have that ability?
Aug 27, 2011 10:14 PM

May 2010
I'm not sure if I got it correctly.. but did Dragon say he is from Goa Kingdom and a Noble? The thought just made my jaw drop.. which would mean Luffy can be a noble or even a King.. haha Hopefully Sabo will survive are this crisis.. and not sure which of the two; Luffy or Ace that released the Haki..
One great episode with many twist being revealed! haha
Dec 19, 2011 11:53 PM

Feb 2009
Dragon is such a mystery at this point, man his presence raises excitement and gives hope!

reinwald said:
I'm not sure if I got it correctly.. but did Dragon say he is from Goa Kingdom and a Noble? The thought just made my jaw drop.. which would mean Luffy can be a noble or even a King.. haha Hopefully Sabo will survive are this crisis.. and not sure which of the two; Luffy or Ace that released the Haki..
One great episode with many twist being revealed! haha

No, all that Dragon implied is that he was also born in Goa Kingdom. That doesn't mean he is part of anything.

Animefanx3 said:
Omg Ace also has the kings Haki? Means that; Shanks, Whitebeard, Boa Hancock,Rayleigh, Old dude from the Gray Terminal, Ace, Monkey D. Dragon and Luffy all have that ability?

There's a difference between Haki and its variants. All those you mentioned can use Haki, but the "King's Haki" that Luffy is supposedly capable of using was only implied to be an ability of Roger. Ace now shows he could have had it as well (he is Roger's son after all).

RyukRasengan said:
OMG IM SO WAITING TO SEE WHAT IS THE POWER OF LUFFY'S DAD

I will go and guess it's a Paramecia type that controls Weather!

VeethornDec 20, 2011 12:02 AM
Feb 6, 2012 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
seeing haki happen always makes me ridiculously happy, it's just one of those powers
Dec 2, 2012 7:35 AM

Mar 2010
surprised to see luffys dad

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 30, 2013 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
OHMYGOD! Just got goosebumps when Ace used the King's Haki! I think Ace had to die for Luffy to become the Pirate King, Luffy just doesn't compare to Ace's strength. And Dragon?! DRAGON SHOWED UP?!
Also, I am not looking forward to seeing that damn booger faced Celestial Dragon.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 3, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
why didn't the captain get affected? i doubt he's THAT strong
but it's still impressive to see both dragon and ace's haki at a young age.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2009
Meg-nyan said:
why didn't the captain get affected? i doubt he's THAT strong
but it's still impressive to see both dragon and ace's haki at a young age.

It didn't make sense to me either. Maybe the haki wasn't very strong?
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Feb 5, 2014 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
Was great to see Ace's haki. I think it would be safe to assume that being Gol D Roger's son he has also the king's haki. As for the captain who didn't faint we have to keep in mind that Ace is 10 at the time. He is just a kid. Luffy's haki appeared at 17... Also the captain might be an idiot but maybe he is strong...??? A strong idiot XD
Anyway, I was suprised to see Dragon. Will he take Sabo with him? I mean so far Sabo is revolutionary material :P
Feb 19, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
I SURE HOPE ACE DIDN'T DIE

(Just kidding, I'm not THAT stupid, please don't scold me)
Jul 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2014
Cool episode, Dragon makes an appearance!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
Today, 8:09 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.