Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
Oh. So that's what happens.

Also, exactly who was it that died?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jun 3, 2011 4:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pacing was really TOO FAST.

The change in the mood from episode 7 to 8 was totally not right. It's like I just skipped 3-4 episodes.

Other than that, the district just collapsed and there was no explanation or justification what-so-ever. The urgency of the Southeast Asian district was not really well portrayed either. Therefore I think it's very lacking in terms of using a complex concept (i.e. any "deep" meaning is useless if just thrown randomly out there).

Very disappointed.

As an action series, it's decent. But I had higher expectations (although it dropped after the first few episodes anyway)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 3, 2011 5:47 PM

Nov 2009
argh. i want more. right now... and seriously only 3 eps to go? ((
meh. it sounds kinda lame, but... i wish this show had more than 11 eps.
Jun 3, 2011 7:14 PM

Sep 2010
Mashyu is somehow (blood) related to Kimimaro, it seems.
KimimaroxMashyu is now weird.
Jun 3, 2011 9:16 PM
Nov 2010
TiagoCosta said:
The pace is strange...

Yes! I thought the exact same thing. It just seemed to be bouncing around
Jun 3, 2011 10:24 PM
Feb 2010
You can only do so much in an 11 episode series.

Jun 3, 2011 10:41 PM

Jan 2009
Shit is about to get intense, lol
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Jun 3, 2011 11:22 PM

May 2010
AngelicFeces said:
Mashyu is somehow (blood) related to Kimimaro, it seems.
KimimaroxMashyu is now weird.

Kissing a DS character is wrong in the first place.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 4, 2011 12:25 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. Hell really brought its game on in the 20th century. Destroying humanity through the use of money! :D
Jun 4, 2011 12:33 AM

Jun 2009
This series is more thought-provoking than people think. It's a silent middle finger to capitalism.
Jun 4, 2011 12:53 AM
Nov 2009
I'm really proud of how the show has progressed. [C] has really come a long way since the days of mindless SCORCHED EARTH kiddy fighting. I was heavily considering dropping it back then and I'm glad that I had faith in the show.

Things are getting really interesting now. I loved the atmosphere of this episode and didn't actually feel like it was rushed at all. Can't wait for the final 3 episodes. My expectations are high. Conclude with strength, [C].
Jun 4, 2011 4:25 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Kimimaro x Mashu could not have been visually showed nicer with a Mashu pose next to a Kimimaro being shown in black with his sephiroth diagram as follows,

find it absolutely pure as it shows what both people are while Kimimaro as a human is not exactly the real form in the Financial district, the mirror/portrait shows the true appearance. Also according to the following spoiler
Mashu may in fact be Kimimaro's future daughter. So the assets really do represent what future of a person's wishes, however the authors do realize if they make it a Mashu x Kimimaro it's like him falling in love with his future daughter.

I really find it totally screwed that people disappear such as Kimimaro giving back the kid his money then poof with the mom forgetting about the kid in the spoiler
that was screwed as I am thinking the kid was a collateral of someone's future. I mean Kimimaro gives the kid back his money and suddenly kid is gone with a woman for looks to be like his mom totally forgets he was there. WTF seriously.
This. Plus, I don't really get the whole Hanabi part. she's kind of been skirted around, and I'm not sure where she ties in with the scheme of things.

shadesofblack07 said:
this was a good episode indeed! they have finally moved on with the storyline and into something more interesting.

hmmm. and i am more along the side of saying that mashyu might be kimimaro's sister, only because they gave a hint that mashyu was somehow involved with kimimaro's father.

Exactly. she's tied in with Kimimaru's father somehow. either way, i'm sensing blood relation. Then again, she could just be a projection, where the REAL blood relation died some time ago...or something. *sigh* just 11 episodes? Can they pull this off? I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
itssimplymeJun 4, 2011 4:38 AM
Jun 4, 2011 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
so Mikuni's sister is really in deep coma and not totally dead yet

im anxious on how this anime will end up i hope it will not be an open ending one
Jun 4, 2011 9:39 AM

Nov 2009
Oh, such a depressing episode. But very good nevertheless, and thought provoking which is pretty rare nowadays. However, I can't help but agree with this opinion:

wakka9ca said:
Pacing was really TOO FAST.

The change in the mood from episode 7 to 8 was totally not right. It's like I just skipped 3-4 episodes.
Totally the same feeling. Things should've gotten to the boiling point in a much smoother, slower fashion. This is where I cursed the fact that C has only 11 eps to hell and back for the second time (the first was when Kimimaro vs Sennoza fight was skipped).

unkindness said:
I don't feel that Mikuni and Kimimaro would become enemies. They're on the same side, it's just that Kimimaro doesn't see what Mikuni sees.
Well, that's what I think
I'm afraid their collision is inevitable, as much as I don't want it to happen too... Besides the OP that is literally centered around their collision, there were a couple of gruesome shots in one of the PV for the show (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpmXBR4Aqhg&feature=player_embedded)

mystik said:
I still don't see Mikuni as a bad guy. he wants to save the present while Kimimaro the future.
This. The dilemma is what they need to save and what - to sacrifice. And what we have here now is that BOTH points of view (Mikuni's and Kimimaro's/Sennoza's) are absolutely valid.

On one hand, there's no future to even begin to speak about if you're "deleted" from the real world in the present, if you were never born to begin with! That makes Mikuni's viewpoint valid.

On the other hand, if you have only future with no possibilities for further growth, personal development left, there's little point in living at all. The future with no hopes and dreams leads to the meaningless miserable present you want to escape (by means of commiting suicide as it was hinted). That's what the episode showed - Hanabi throwing kids' letters into the trashbin, people just dumbly sitting on the streets depressed, and even Mikuni's own secretary dropping the case with money. All this makes Sennoza's viewpoint valid.

Now, in this episode the show has finished putting last touches on its main question, and it turned out a really interesting one, I must add. But what I really fear at this point is that the show will prove only one of these two points of view (Sennoza's/Kimimaro's, obviously) in the end, which will result in the show's epic failure as the whole. To me, at least. Because of what I said above, because of the two perfectly sound viewpoints. Proving only one of them equals proving nothing, like seeing only half of the bigger picture and totally ignoring the other half, just cause you want to. So what technically needs to be done is finding some compromise, some sort of fusion of the two, some aggregative 'golden mean'. Only that would seem 'right'. And that's what I hope Kimimaro will do in the end (I do hope he listened to all these people's minds for the whole 6 tps not for nothing, so he won't choose one of them, but unites all of them). I do not, however, have the slightest idea how he's gonna do it and what that 'combined' point of view might be.

On another note, WTF with those tentacles reaching out from above to grab that huge coin-like monitor?! Just WHAT is that?! Am I the only one who thinks it's the same thing that's drawn on the black Darkness cards?... Still, it doesn't explain the heck was that. I thought about it for the whole 5 minutes and my best guess will be it's human greed taking form. Or we have a case of alien invasion. Or it was...
Baphomet said:
Cthulhu.
and in person to boot, huh)

And on yet another note, wasn't surprised about Mashu's possible daughter/sister thing. That was a very popular opinion among jap fandom, after all.
CGJun 4, 2011 9:49 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 4, 2011 5:03 PM

Oct 2009
Good episode, but the issue that about this episode....

RANDOM PACING!!!! Made me feel like I missed episodes even though I didn't. (Well, what do you expect, 8th episode out of 11 really...)

Otherwise, not surprised about Kimimaro's future and Mashyu (or however it's really spelled). The district is about to be destroyed somehow and what will happen??

Jun 4, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2008
Since there's a conection between Mashu and his dad, she might be his father's lost future, as well as Kimimaro's. More likely his sister.
Jun 4, 2011 9:14 PM

Aug 2008
That was f*cked up. Really, really f*cked up. And everything seems to be moving along quickly, too. Though with only 3 episodes I suppose it has to. Man, I really hate these 11 ep series. There just never seems to be enough.

Jun 5, 2011 2:59 AM

Sep 2008
Giant floating coin got tentacle raped.

Looks like the show is gonna get pretty heavy from here on out.

5/5
Jun 5, 2011 7:17 PM

Dec 2010
WOW. Its really intense and like how people are saying, real fast pace. I hvant even got my head around how the whole game and duels go. =_='' hehe
I understand how thier interpreters are thier future. Seems like that Mashyu is his future daughter. And Mikuni's interpreter looks like his little sister. hmmm. Shes still alive though..
CANT believe that this is going to end in just another 3 episodes! Too fast! i bet its all gonna end like a cliff hanger.
o yea. And all the Misakaki versions are creepy.
Jun 6, 2011 1:02 AM
Apr 2011
Maybe Mashyu is not blood related to Kimimaro. Perhaps when he said "Mashyu" he was referring to the woman not the child. (possibly Mashyu is his wife?) Sounds like a stretch but plausible.

Anyway it seems like the Southeast Asian Financial District went down because of Mikuni's henchmen defeated the top 3 in the guild. Just a guess.

What bothers me is that no matter who fights whom, you'll always see the losses immediately. People disappearing, unfortunate events happening, etc. However the only gain you actually see is the money in your account (and maybe not even physically). With every fight more and more people lose something. Those losses are translated into someone else's gain via money. So in the end, if these fights keep occurring, Japan will only have (midas) Money as their future, but nothing left in existence. It's almost as if Mikuni plans to recreate the world somehow.
Jun 6, 2011 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
Great ep

Who is Mashu to kimimaro
hope she is not her future daughter !!
Jun 6, 2011 10:18 AM

May 2010
The Financial District is a scary thing huh,people disappearing,losing hope and the CRAZY part is that if the district is gone the reality is also affected, now that is a mess up shit !!
Jun 6, 2011 11:42 AM

May 2010
destruction of the future in present

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 6, 2011 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
I see many saying the district collapsed but i go the impression that the district we saw wasn't the Japanese district. Maybe is that of Singapore that was mention before.

Masakaki also seem to had different hair color so maybe is not the Masakaki we know at all.

This district really is crazy. Making whole countries disappear? Who is the head of Midas bank? God or some super advanced Aliens? Kyuubey is that you? Did you find a new game after playing with little girls?
Seriously crazy staff and from the way things are going the whole planet will end up non existed.
MonadJun 7, 2011 4:56 PM
Jun 6, 2011 5:57 PM

Jan 2010
Anybody else find the informant and the guy with the yellow shirt annoying? His voice..ugh.

Anyway, despite the lively colored animation this is actually a dark, emotional anime. So did the sensei die in the end?
Jun 6, 2011 9:02 PM

Oct 2010
Lihn said:
I think Mashyu is Kimi's lost sister. As Quasar said: The informant said he'd seen her before, meaning she has either existed before or she was somebody elses asset. Perhaps she was his father's asset, representing his fathers future? Which would make you wonder why she's Kimi's asset now. Or maybe she has no relation to him at all!
I will take into consideration what you said because Kimimaro's future daughter this can all be since he may have been seeing the far future but the view also can be seen as him being there and when shit happened to his father then that sister disappeared. Of course he was never told what happened to her, just perhaps whisked away to some place so that he can grow up calmly. We shall if your theory is right, I for one can't wait to find out the truth about all this.
Lihn said:
For anyone who says this show doesn't make any sense my initial explanation would make sense (unless you can correct me) One way or another the district started a long time ago, and as it grew larger by destroying cities and claiming their futures as midas money, the district was able to slowly encompass earth. Of course I can't see why anyone would WANT to do that, other than greed for power, or perhaps the destruction of humanity? Maybe the district is actually aliens...using our complex modern concept of economy to destroy us?
Wrong, it's all hell. I pointed out back a few episodes the "666" on the taxi but yes hell wants to destroy us with money. IRL it always did so in a way, look at it this way, lose your job = to no money = to either welfare and not enough to survive or may be no welfare and die out with no $ or very little as a bum on the streets therefore why you see many of them by the end of the episode.
Antanaru said:
Okay, it is kind of confusing, especially this huge plot lap, but one thing is clear from the beginning. Mashu is not Kimimaro's daughter. She's not his future. She is embodiment of his future. Probably future with daughter named Mashu but nothing more. It's kind of like the difference between water nymph and water... So please, stop with those weird innuendos...
She could be, how else do you explain the little kid in that segment with the woman. Even is she is not, she is part of something of the family.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 9, 2011 12:13 AM
Apr 2011
It could be because of his encounter with Mashyu that gives him the idea of naming his child Mashyu. Sometimes we name kids after someone we admire or someone who has had an influence in our lives and name them in honor of this admirable person.

I agree with Antanaru that his asset, Mashyu is the embodiment of Kimimaro's future, but not his daughter directly.

If his future is still intact by the time he has a child then perhaps he names her Mashyu as a reminder of his time at the FD and how he had protected Mashyu, not just because she's his asset but because he saw her similar to a living being. Perhaps it reminds him that his assets equate as living people and the relationships he has built with them, not just money.
Jun 9, 2011 7:11 PM

Jul 2010
Events moved really quick in this episode, but seeing that they only have a few episodes left.. it's understandable.

But yeah, I thought it was a fantastic episode. The whole baby Mashu/future daughter of Yoga scene was splendid.
Jun 10, 2011 8:39 PM

Mar 2009

Also, just as planned.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jun 11, 2011 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
MASHU'S HIS DAUGHTER WTF O_O
People disappearing is really kind of freaky as the Financial District breaks down, especially at the end WTF? Is it like a Masakaki or whoever for a different district?
Interesting talk about money and future being confidence, but it does kind of make sense in a way. Seemed a bit rushed to me though, but there aren't that many episodes left I guess ...
Wonder what the Guild's plan is ... inject more money? That won't seem to work though ... crazy stuff gaiz O_O
Jun 12, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
"ED sequence for noitamina 26th episode.. has no name, but it called "C" " ?
What is that about?
Jun 15, 2011 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
This time I won't complain about how are the episodes not having direct links between each other. I find this episode much depressing one =\ Finally, this anime is going somewhere.

Hanabi seems to be feeling how the world is going down and she seems to be getting more and more depressed.
Yumekichi11 said:
...nice sad drama that worked a lot on me because I appreciate Hanabi as a female character in this show.
Same here, characters like her appear too rarely in most of the animes. I feel sad about her =\
MeritasJun 16, 2011 12:32 AM
Jun 16, 2011 7:48 PM

May 2008
Eh, I don't like interpreting this show overly metaphorically. That's what creeped me out the most at the beginning. Had all sorts of unfortunate implications.

Therefor I like to side with the idea that "Mashu" is really real, and not just some physical manifestation of his "future". Makes things a little less dirty and nasty in terms of what this show implicitly would imply about gender, ethnicity, and poverty in general.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 26, 2011 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
So looks like Msyu is probably Kimimaro's daughter or something. Yay no more romance!

Annnnnnnnd FINALLY, Mikuni has made his move. Took him enough time to reveal his true colours.
Jun 28, 2011 8:59 PM

Oct 2008
=|
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 29, 2011 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Antanaru said:
Okay, it is kind of confusing, especially this huge plot lap, but one thing is clear from the beginning. Mashu is not Kimimaro's daughter. She's not his future. She is embodiment of his future. Probably future with daughter named Mashu but nothing more. It's kind of like the difference between water nymph and water... So please, stop with those weird innuendos...
She could be, how else do you explain the little kid in that segment with the woman. Even is she is not, she is part of something of the family.

its possible that he just named her after mashu becuz he really liked mashu but than she left or disappeared or somthing.

Aug 9, 2011 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
This show is getting ridiculously out of hand, I'm sick of seeing money, tbh.. But maybe that's my fault because I watched 8 episodes in one day. X.x Either way, I'll be dropping this anime now.
Oct 23, 2011 1:59 AM

Jun 2011
The destruction begins...Kimimaro and Mikuni are destined to fight each other all along..

And Msyu is Kimimaro's future daughter? Well, that's to be expected from Msyu being Kimimaro's future.
Dec 6, 2011 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Getting intense.
Mar 31, 2012 2:37 AM
Mar 2011
It's picked back up!
Oct 12, 2012 9:43 PM
Oct 2012
So that's what happens when a whole financial district collapses. Assets turning money and whole cities disappearing w/o trace. Good Lord, it's rather scary (considering that I live in SE Asia).
Nov 9, 2012 4:55 AM

May 2012
Was a bit confused at first but damn what a great story in this episode that ending really made it epic!
Jan 27, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder how this could be good for anyone LOL. Including the midas bank.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 19, 2013 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
Does anyone else feel like Jennifer could be Kimimaro's future wife. The girl in the picture is blonde.
Also Msyu has a serious appetite just like Jennifer.
Not to mention the chat between Takedazaki when he holds his hands out says "Oh, did I guess wrong?" almost felt like he was refering to her having an interest in Kimimaro.

Then again, there's just to many open possibilities in this show. :P
Jun 4, 2013 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
Why did that chick cut the really sweet letters those kids wrote her?! How mean.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Aug 10, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing makes sense, as usual.

DarkShards said:
I wonder how this could be good for anyone LOL. Including the midas bank.

This
Dec 6, 2014 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
the masakaki at singapore district might be a different masakaki for all we know

but anyway would be fun to watch things boil down now...
Jan 21, 2016 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
belatkuro said:
I kind of understand what's happening but at the same time I'm a bit confused.

Pretty much my condition lol.
Aug 9, 2016 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm it's pretty complicated now, but Kimimaro is right. If you sacrifice the future how can it be good for the present? You will definitely lose something.

Interesting, even if it was crazy to see what happened if a bank district goes bankrupt. So much people vanish, even whole lands or maybe continents. The Midas money is really bad for everyone. I know Mikuni has a good purpose but I think he don't want to understand what he causes with it.

I'm not sure about the "Msyu is Kimimaros daughter" thing. It would fit but maybe she's his future girlfriend/wife? Maybe all of that is a false future, we don't really know. I personally would like to see a KimimaroxMsyu :)

The end definitely showed that Kimimaro will be fight Mikunu, I'm 100% sure. Masakaki crazy laugh at the end O_O

Aug 11, 2017 4:22 AM
Jun 2013
Wow shit is getting nuts. I guess msyu represents kimimaro future kid which makes the kiss thing kinda creepy.I'm kinda confused though why is everyone acting emo. I mean I know why the professor was, but why was hanabi.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.