Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 12, 2012 9:43 PM
Oct 2012
So that's what happens when a whole financial district collapses. Assets turning money and whole cities disappearing w/o trace. Good Lord, it's rather scary (considering that I live in SE Asia).
Nov 9, 2012 4:55 AM

May 2012
Was a bit confused at first but damn what a great story in this episode that ending really made it epic!
Jan 27, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder how this could be good for anyone LOL. Including the midas bank.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 19, 2013 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
Does anyone else feel like Jennifer could be Kimimaro's future wife. The girl in the picture is blonde.
Also Msyu has a serious appetite just like Jennifer.
Not to mention the chat between Takedazaki when he holds his hands out says "Oh, did I guess wrong?" almost felt like he was refering to her having an interest in Kimimaro.

Then again, there's just to many open possibilities in this show. :P
Jun 4, 2013 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
Why did that chick cut the really sweet letters those kids wrote her?! How mean.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Aug 10, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing makes sense, as usual.

DarkShards said:
I wonder how this could be good for anyone LOL. Including the midas bank.

This
Dec 6, 2014 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
the masakaki at singapore district might be a different masakaki for all we know

but anyway would be fun to watch things boil down now...
Jan 21, 2016 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
belatkuro said:
I kind of understand what's happening but at the same time I'm a bit confused.

Pretty much my condition lol.
Aug 9, 2016 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm it's pretty complicated now, but Kimimaro is right. If you sacrifice the future how can it be good for the present? You will definitely lose something.

Interesting, even if it was crazy to see what happened if a bank district goes bankrupt. So much people vanish, even whole lands or maybe continents. The Midas money is really bad for everyone. I know Mikuni has a good purpose but I think he don't want to understand what he causes with it.

I'm not sure about the "Msyu is Kimimaros daughter" thing. It would fit but maybe she's his future girlfriend/wife? Maybe all of that is a false future, we don't really know. I personally would like to see a KimimaroxMsyu :)

The end definitely showed that Kimimaro will be fight Mikunu, I'm 100% sure. Masakaki crazy laugh at the end O_O

Aug 11, 2017 4:22 AM
Jun 2013
Wow shit is getting nuts. I guess msyu represents kimimaro future kid which makes the kiss thing kinda creepy.I'm kinda confused though why is everyone acting emo. I mean I know why the professor was, but why was hanabi.
May 15, 2018 12:33 AM

Sep 2017
Quite a good episode, compared to the others. Dunno what Mikuni plans to do, but he seems to have good intentions, even though he is fully aware that the present can go to chaos. Yoga has started to go on opposite direction to what Mikuni intends to do.

And the teacher is dead. I can really feel how his wife feels right now. Poor woman. And all of this is because of Masakaki's higher ups trying to gamble upon people's futures.

Is it possible that God really does play dice? Frightening thought.

The art for this episode was well done. I never seen a better animation before like this, focusing on 3D artistic imagery. Definitely not in any other studio.

Even if nothing else, I can at least re watch this show for practice to be a manga artist. Definitely gonna rate this at least 7/10.

Let's see if the show gets to conclude well. The beginning of the series has been kinda slow, but I understand that due to the emotional impact needed to inject into the story line. The ending however, will Yoga be able to upset the Financial District system?

BTW, Yoga should have known as an economics student that burning money actually does nothing to the economy. That was a cool sequence, where the coin counter reduced, but besides the omnipresent people who are responsible for this Midas money(which destroys everything it touches, figuratively), burning money reduces debt, cause it is just a paper contract written by the government to give you an amount of money as value. Destroying that equals destroying his obligation to provide you money. Although Midas money may work differently.

And it is frightening to see how much similar Mikuni has become to his very father in mindset. Compare previous and current episode.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 3, 2019 5:11 AM

Feb 2018
Singapore area has been destroyed.
Mar 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Nov 2019
Wow, what a shit episode.
Sep 4, 2020 3:35 PM

Aug 2017
I just noticed that the glowing dots in Yoga's body during his talk with Masakaki look like Sephirot lol. Same for Jennifer. This happened before too. What is this doing here? Kaballah, Tarot cards (?)... The frescoes in the Financial District too.

According to tvtropes:
Comeback Mechanic: The Stock function somewhat like this. They are the glowing orbs arranged like the Tree of Life sometimes visible in characters. Every Asset has 10 stock and an Entre can sell upwards of nine of them to gain a boost in their current deal. Buyers gain the benefit of being able to use a copy of the Asset they bought it from, but an Entre can also buy back the Stock at a later date. When the tenth is sold however then they lose the Asset and it is given to the buyer.

Pretty sure that those files with entre's photos on them actually showed some real-world celebrities

So...Msyu is Yoga's future daughter??
I'm assuming that Mashyu is Kimimaro's sister who was lost when his father became bankrupt because that information gatherer was talking about Kimimaro's asset and how she's related to Kimimaro's father..

Less obvious connection to Yoga's future but maybe.

Hanabi is depressed.

Some tentacles destroyed another district.
St0rmbladeSep 9, 2020 7:40 AM
Apr 10, 2023 11:57 AM

Jan 2021
Well, bye bye Singapore.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.