Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 2, 2011 12:03 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another excellent episode filled with emotions, revealing and a crazy ass end! As it looks from the following,

it's like "Financial District Apocalypse." Counter goes to zero, people all dissipating and assets are turning in money? WTF D: Sounds to me like some tentacle monsters showed and is eating up all the city with everyone into it less anyone can explain the tentacles going around the money counter. Masakaki is sure having his fun.

Kimimaro x Mashu could not have been visually showed nicer with a Mashu pose next to a Kimimaro being shown in black with his sephiroth diagram as follows,

find it absolutely pure as it shows what both people are while Kimimaro as a human is not exactly the real form in the Financial district, the mirror/portrait shows the true appearance. Also according to the following spoiler
Mashu may in fact be Kimimaro's future daughter. So the assets really do represent what future of a person's wishes, however the authors do realize if they make it a Mashu x Kimimaro it's like him falling in love with his future daughter.

I really find it totally screwed that people disappear such as Kimimaro giving back the kid his money then poof with the mom forgetting about the kid in the spoiler
that was screwed as I am thinking the kid was a collateral of someone's future. I mean Kimimaro gives the kid back his money and suddenly kid is gone with a woman for looks to be like his mom totally forgets he was there. WTF seriously.

I find Hanabi being sad was saddening and bitter as she threw out the drawing in the spoiler
nice sad drama that worked a lot on me because I appreciate Hanabi as a female character in this show.

Of course that information dealer had to be creepy in the spoiler
guess in the real world he does some kind of selling of balloons and food.
Yumekichi11Jun 2, 2011 5:46 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was indeed full of emotions, looking so forward for next episode.
Kimimaro is going try stop Mikuni so easy predict right now on this episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 2, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

Mashu may in fact be Kimimaro's future daughter. So the assets really do represent what future of a person's wishes, however the authors do realize if they make it a Mashu x Kimimaro it's like him falling in love with his future daughter.

Heh, that's just what I though (but I don't think we'll see more romantic stuff 'bout those two... IMO)

And loved how the Financial District was destroyed wow! And yeah, it was very predictable from the beginning that Kimimaro and Mikuni would become enemies...
Jun 2, 2011 5:39 PM

Oct 2010
Turb0_mugen said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Heh, that's just what I though (but I don't think we'll see more romantic stuff 'bout those two... IMO)
I hope not but last episode kiss thing does raise something up. Just my instinct based on the amount of anime I have seen.

Jun 2, 2011 6:06 PM

Apr 2008
So the mikuni vs kimimaro showdown is starting now huh... I wonder how they're going to wrap this up in just 3 episodes left though :S
Jun 2, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
finally this show has turned to be great 5/5
Jun 2, 2011 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Masakaki did say in an earlier episode he wasn't in charge of the District, right? Yet there he is, laughing like a man with power and in control of things. Haha, I don't really get it at all, to be honest, but I still like it. ^_^;;

I can only guess the District wasn't created by a single person or even an entire panel of people. It's more like an idea or a place that is simply there.
Jun 2, 2011 6:27 PM

Nov 2007
all right I have no idea what is going on? somehow the district losing money causes people, and whole countries to vanish? actually I got the feeling Mashyu was his sister possibly? it sounded like she had a connection to his father.

I still don't see Mikuni as a bad guy. he wants to save the present while Kimimaro the future. briefly saw Hanabi but I'm not sure what her point is now. this just got really confusing and seems rushed.

I really wish this was 24 episodes instead of only 11....
Jun 2, 2011 7:06 PM

Apr 2010
The pace is strange...
Jun 2, 2011 7:17 PM

Sep 2009
Interesting episode. That Mashu thing sounds interesting, but the idea of Mashu being Kimimaro's child seems a bit... Weird. I dunno, the future shot looked really awkward though, but I'm guessing that that was the point because that's how the future can be.

The people disappearing left and right was definitely really messed up. The way that people could just move on with the disappearance of their important people. Granted they don't remember those people but still. Eh.

And lastly Hanabi. Does she know what's going on? Or was she involved in the Financial District as well? o _o
Jun 2, 2011 7:31 PM

Jan 2010
I totally called Mashu being Kimimaru's future kid..assets are their "future" after all.
Ok™
Jun 2, 2011 8:36 PM
Aug 2009
Show got pretty interesting.
Blonde women mother + future daughter Mashu...I wonder who that blonde women is
Jun 2, 2011 8:37 PM

Nov 2007
It seems like C is revealing the truth gradually in this ep. and it's getting kind of weird (at least that's what I felt when watching it live-stream yesterday).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 2, 2011 8:41 PM

Feb 2010
TiagoCosta said:
The pace is strange...

Yah. This episode felt rushed... after a series of slow episodes...

This show is strange. I don't know what I think about it... either way... it's pretty original imo.

McRib said:
I totally called Mashu being Kimimaru's future kid..assets are their "future" after all.

good call. awkward sexual tension last ep.... lol
Jun 2, 2011 8:43 PM
Aug 2009
Couldn't Mashyu be Kimimaro's lost sister who he never knew?
Jun 2, 2011 9:03 PM
Apr 2011
Mysu is Kimimaro's sister, how incredibly interesting.
Though, is that his future? Or lost future?
Jun 2, 2011 9:07 PM

Jun 2010
A future destroyed/dissipates before your very eyes, before you get erased out of existence as well of course........That's pretty fucked up. :/
Jun 2, 2011 9:11 PM

Feb 2010
When I started this episode, my first thought was "Did I miss an episode? I don't remember it being like this."

By the end, I started to understand what was going on, but at the same time, I felt like I was supposed to care more than I did. Nowhere near a bad episode, but...I don't know, it felt like something was missing from the whole thing.

Also, lol random tentacles
Jun 2, 2011 9:12 PM

Oct 2010
ptoss1 said:
I though it was more his future daughter but judging from the women was portrayed it could have been his mother with his lost sister. Thing is that the depiction was very ambiguous. I am hoping for mroe clarifications in the future episodes.
tsubasalover said:
It seems like C is revealing the truth gradually in this ep. and it's getting kind of weird (at least that's what I felt when watching it live-stream yesterday).
That's strange I actually think it is revealing a message: that of money self destroying ourselves by us being ignorant once we have lots of money and that money in this way destroys society itself trough erasure, how that works looks like eventually all things will have a number value attached and not the pride we should have in making it, anyway it kind of hard to explain it psychophysically but this episode definitely has a message.

Jun 2, 2011 9:53 PM

Jun 2010
Wow the truth about that world is finally coming out. Once a district is bankrupt, that place on the real world disappears. It appears that there's more to Mashyu than meets the eye.

Jun 2, 2011 10:16 PM
Apr 2010
I was really pulling for Mashyu x Kimimaro. If it ends up being the whole father daughter type relationship, this anime will truely go down hill. -_-
Jun 2, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2010
Silaz said:
I was really pulling for Mashyu x Kimimaro. If it ends up being the whole father daughter type relationship, this anime will truely go down hill. -_-
That's what I fear the most and lots of animes *cough* Yosuga no Sora *cough* did that.

Jun 2, 2011 10:24 PM

Aug 2010
Serious jump in the story from the last couple of episodes looks like were nearing the climax.
HOW EXCITING HAHA!!!
Jun 2, 2011 10:42 PM

Sep 2008
All the talk about trust in money made me think back to my economics class...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2011 10:55 PM

Sep 2007
Too much midas spending in the Southeast Asian district or something? What would even cause a financial district to collapse like that?
Jun 2, 2011 11:23 PM

Aug 2010
I can almost see a whole paranoia agent type ending here. Cause they keep talking about trust and stuff, so it's obviously a theme for the anime. And everyone is relying on the district for money, so clearly when everyone starts to lose money their hope and trust will start to diminish with it. When all that money's gone, its like they have lost everything (because it's a common belief that without money you can't survive) and so in turn they actually do lose everything. Just a theory, probably completely off though xD
Cant wait for the last three episodes to come out. I wish it was longer T_T
Jun 3, 2011 12:09 AM

Mar 2011
this was a good episode indeed! they have finally moved on with the storyline and into something more interesting.

hmmm. and i am more along the side of saying that mashyu might be kimimaro's sister, only because they gave a hint that mashyu was somehow involved with kimimaro's father.
Jun 3, 2011 12:26 AM

Jul 2009
Blackbird said:

It took you this long to figure out they were going to be enemies?

Anyway, neither Mikuni nor Kimimaros philosophy make any sense. This is just a strict shounen now to me.
Jun 3, 2011 12:27 AM

Feb 2011
mystik said:
I still don't see Mikuni as a bad guy. he wants to save the present while Kimimaro the future.
i think it's different, mikuni is willing to sacrifice the future for the present
what kimimaru said i think means present and future both have to exist to mean something, you can't sacrifice one of them

unrelated. but why anytime someone doesn't understand a thing he/she says "it doesn't make sense"?? it's not "it" to don't make sense, it's "you" who can't make sense out of it :P
let's correct it:
"it doesn't make sense" => "i'm not understanding it now" or "it is difficult to understand it for me now" :3
not that i pretend to understand everything, it's only a matter of language form :P
ZeandoJun 3, 2011 12:44 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 3, 2011 12:28 AM

Jan 2009
And suddenly, people start behaving strangely.
Totally randomly throwing a shoe from the rooftop. Okay.
So, judging by the Southeast Asian version of Masakaki, the Districts are more or less aiming to go bankrupt. Now, why? Is it really that fun making large cities and stuff disappear? Yeah, it is.
Oh well.

On another note, fuck yeah, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS commercial.
Oh gg.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 3, 2011 12:40 AM

Sep 2006
Didn't really understand what's going on in the show, so in the end Japan didn't disappear because of what Mikuni was doing in a Defense fund? And with so much liquidity disappearing from the world (South East Financial District) does that mean the other districts are now worth more per dollar? Or is entropy going to just kill every financial district out there. =X Yea, I'm totally lost.
Jun 3, 2011 12:52 AM

Feb 2009
I kind of understand what's happening but at the same time I'm a bit confused.
But I kind of get it more than I don't. Now I'm just confusing myself. Oh well ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
But whatever's happening, I really like it. Hope this wraps up well in the last 3 episodes.
Jun 3, 2011 12:57 AM

May 2010
Kimimaro's dream/illusion sorts like a hint as to why Mashyu is the personification of his future.

And I think Masakaki is hiding something from everyone in the FD.

Good ep.
StormViruzJun 3, 2011 9:34 AM
Jun 3, 2011 1:00 AM

Oct 2010
controlmajortom said:
Blackbird said:

It took you this long to figure out they were going to be enemies?
No he was just mentionning that this episode got everyone spoon fed more on the Mikuni VS Kimimaro and what may lead to it. The OP is the obvious culprit, that everyone knows..
Wasabi said:
Too much midas spending in the Southeast Asian district or something? What would even cause a financial district to collapse like that?
Bankruptcy but who played the cards on the deal is anyone's guess. They sure did a bad job of showing possible other worlds webbed into a web of financial districts. Logically the person who would do this is none other than a North American/USA financial. Probably Jennifer's boss may know something but so far we only know of one financial district. Maybe it has many sectors of each continent.

Jun 3, 2011 1:21 AM
Feb 2010
Shit just got real :O

I really wonder WTF is that giant tentacled thing that destoryed part of the FD.....
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jun 3, 2011 1:37 AM
Mar 2010
belatkuro said:
I kind of understand what's happening but at the same time I'm a bit confused.

Sums up my thoughts.
Jun 3, 2011 1:54 AM
May 2010
Since everyone has pointed out important occurrences in the episode I thought about limiting myself to the appearance of the CMYK color model in the episode itself: magenta colors Jennifer's sephira, while cyan colors Kimimaro's. It's also notable that the Fool in tarot is highly similar to Masakaki, and is also an extremely powerful card. Hanabi's monologue translated, alongside some other thoughts of mine, can be seen here.
Jun 3, 2011 2:00 AM
Feb 2008
Koi-Miru said:
I really wonder WTF is that giant tentacled thing that destoryed part of the FD.....

Cthulhu.
Jun 3, 2011 2:29 AM
Nov 2010
Iilia said:
Masakaki did say in an earlier episode he wasn't in charge of the District, right? Yet there he is, laughing like a man with power and in control of things. Haha, I don't really get it at all, to be honest, but I still like it. ^_^;;

Haha, same here, he's Masakaki, after all...:P

A very good episode this time, I wonder what'll happen next...:)
It was good that a small thing was shown about Mashyu...
Jun 3, 2011 2:42 AM

Dec 2007
Mashyu is Kimimaros daughter, spoilersssss. Every asset is directly linked to the entres life, be it past, future or present.
Jun 3, 2011 3:32 AM
May 2010
I don't feel that Mikuni and Kimimaro would become enemies. They're on the same side, it's just that Kimimaro doesn't see what Mikuni sees.
Well, that's what I think
Jun 3, 2011 4:19 AM

Jul 2010
Oh wow, so Mashu is actually Kimimaro's future daughter? Well it makes sense, with assets being their future and all.

South-East Asia went bankrupt, and the real-life country of Singapore is going with it. I wonder if they could save it somehow.

It's all about the trust. If you have the trust, you'll get the money. That sounds pretty accurate. Looking forward to the next one.

Jun 3, 2011 4:38 AM

Jun 2009
ptoss1 said:

I thought about this one. Maybe one of the consequences his father faced when he got bankrupt. Also, the informant said, Kimimaro's asset (Mashu) looks like someone he saw before. I don't think Mashu is his future daughter.

Heck, the sensei's asset has no visible connection to his lost children or whatsoever. Not saying it isn't possible but not buying it. (for now)
Jun 3, 2011 5:24 AM

Apr 2010
This show just doesn't make any sense.
Jun 3, 2011 5:47 AM

Dec 2010
Shit's about to hit the fan. Brilliantly execute ep, probably the single best ep of the whole anime season so far.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Jun 3, 2011 5:50 AM

Nov 2010
So there's a lot of speculation on this show, so I'm just going to voice all my thoughts and opinions in one massive post xD. I might be wrong...so feel free to correct me if I am.

The counter in the financial district shows the real money being used, rather than the midas money. And so when all the money in a "district" has run out, it is completely supported by midas money, the money that takes the futures of the entire district and turns it into more midas money. Which they perhaps then feed into other districts.

I think Mashyu is Kimi's lost sister. As Quasar said: The informant said he'd seen her before, meaning she has either existed before or she was somebody elses asset. Perhaps she was his father's asset, representing his fathers future? Which would make you wonder why she's Kimi's asset now. Or maybe she has no relation to him at all!

There is obviously an impending battle between Mikuni and Kimimaro. The real question is who's right and who's going to win.

For anyone who says this show doesn't make any sense my initial explanation would make sense (unless you can correct me) One way or another the district started a long time ago, and as it grew larger by destroying cities and claiming their futures as midas money, the district was able to slowly encompass earth. Of course I can't see why anyone would WANT to do that, other than greed for power, or perhaps the destruction of humanity? Maybe the district is actually aliens...using our complex modern concept of economy to destroy us?

Anywho that's pretty much my thoughts for now. Again I could be wrong (I most likely will be...I never seem to "call" things in anime Q_Q) So I don't mind you disputing my theories, I look forward to it actually! :D
Jun 3, 2011 5:53 AM

May 2011
this is awesome shit!
Jun 3, 2011 7:14 AM

Dec 2009
And society collapses. It's a bit weird that with the slow pace in the beginning the stakes are raised really fast now, but it also works a bit to suddenly show the scale of the problems caused by the Midas Money.
Ara ara.
Jun 3, 2011 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
Okay, it is kind of confusing, especially this huge plot lap, but one thing is clear from the beginning. Mashu is not Kimimaro's daughter. She's not his future. She is embodiment of his future. Probably future with daughter named Mashu but nothing more. It's kind of like the difference between water nymph and water... So please, stop with those weird innuendos...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 3, 2011 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, things went to Hell fast this episode! Things are truly dire, with the Financial District being apparently destroyed, Singapore possibly obliterated and apparently a huge chunk of the Nippon population as well. I have no idea what Mikuni plans to do about this disaster, but I'm sure it'll lead to the confrontation we've been waiting for from the OP.

4/5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.