Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 2, 2011 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn flashback-hax, why do they need to appear every single episode, *sigh*
Anyway, now i fully understand how Sakura is a hated character.
NouverApr 23, 2014 4:17 PM

Jun 2, 2011 5:01 AM
Sep 2007
It seems to me they only put those flashbacks / recaps just to have Naruto appear right at the end of episode, that is, to have a cliffhanger.
Same as with other few last episodes.

But it's ridiculous; just how many times did they repeat those few scenes with Sasuke and Sakura feeding Naruto, and Sasuke thanking Sakura?

Couldn't they just put little fillers in it, like in that episode when Pein raped Hinata?
Jun 2, 2011 5:16 AM

Nov 2010
Yess! kick that blind bastard ass you three!
Jun 2, 2011 5:21 AM

Mar 2008
Seriously? After two episodes of pointless flashbacks (recap), this episode still had horrible animation. One would expect that the little work they had on those episodes was so they could put in some more effort into the real thing. Guess I was wrong.

As for the episode content, it was pretty obvious that the episode would end with Naruto showing up. And while some of the flashbacks were required, they were obviously extended so they could end the episode at that exact moment. A stupid move, in my opinion because, even if they wanted to show the Naruto flashbacks last episode, these two could easily have been joined together. In the end, it continues to drag.

Story-wise, Naruto remains horrible, but the 10 or so minutes of content per week remain entertaining, so I suppose it's not a problem if you just skip half the episode.
Jun 2, 2011 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
Mixed feelings.... what they did bring was awesome but really.... REALLY?! A flashback inside a flashback?! Of scenes you just flashbacked a couple episodes ago?!

Sigh.... ooo well, I am still reluctant to agree with the reasoning behind giving Sasuke evil laughter all the time since it's so incredibly out of character (damn you shounen mandatory plot devices), but aside this I like the development of things.

I guess Naruto can't stay on the fence any longer ^^

...and really, I hate Sakura as much as the next person, but what might make this sentiment grow even stronger is the fact that Naruto is probably ready to ditch Hinata for that coward brain damaged bitch any second.

I liked the animation here but I wish they would just drop of their lazy asses and added more content to the fight instead of said crappy recaps. They are important to put us in the right mindset I recon that, but this amount is just overkill and leads up to undesirable results ¬¬
711Jun 2, 2011 5:28 AM
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
Jun 2, 2011 5:35 AM

Jun 2009
Very annoying episode, why do they always just plan how to end the episodes and put a load of reused animation in the middle, i swear we have seen the exact thing three times in a row. Its completly unnessary. Fair enough with filler seasons, can always skip them, but why do they ruin all the cannon stuff, it completly brakes eveything up.

Manga is so much better.
They also ruined the whole sasuke look deep down in your self bit. In the manga there is a very subtle hint that deep down sasuke may be good. Kakashi is surposed to act surprised when he said that.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-47597-8/naruto/chapter-484.html

Of course I am not saying he does have any good in him but its nice scene to trick the reader at the very least.

EDIT (The manga part I have mentioned has all just happened in the episode, so no spoilers)
BlackSnakeAAAJun 2, 2011 5:46 AM
Believe in me that believes in you.
Jun 2, 2011 6:28 AM

Jul 2010
grr why do they repeat this scene for the 50th time...
Jun 2, 2011 6:44 AM

Apr 2008
Hated the flashbacks, obviously.
Stop f***ing milking the series so much :P

Next ep will be nice, except for the flashbacks.

Jun 2, 2011 6:50 AM

Sep 2010
That was actually pretty good until the second half when I got bombarded by more flashbacks. Going to rate the non-flashback content to be fair.

Was nice to see Kakashi fighting Sasuke, though it would have been more impressive it sasuke was at full power. Dude is out of chakra and half blind, and now since he also has to fight Naruto... hardly the epic rematch anyone would want.

4/5 for this one, I hope to god the next episode is flashback free, they are really bringing down my thursday mornings ; )
Jun 2, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2010
Flashbacks are getting very annoying now i mean we saw them pretty much in every recent episode.
Sakura needs to get over Sasuke already and not attack him half heartily like she did now let her get over that foolish love already.
I bet she would own if she did that.
Jun 2, 2011 8:03 AM

Nov 2010
As always.. Sakura should just DIE!!! The same fillers over and over again, fucking stupid. The ending was exciting, however Naruto shouldn't have saved her.
Jun 2, 2011 8:14 AM

Apr 2011
Eh... I was expecting more from this episode but what can you do? XD Stupid flashbacks! >:( I hated the fact that they "re-showed" some of the flashbacks from the previous episode which is super lame... But I am how it showed Naruto and Sasuke meeting face to face at the end.. so I gave it a 3/5 xD ~ *sigh* 1 week to go. ;[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2011 8:15 AM

Nov 2008
I agree with most people here. The first half was great, but they just had to go to flashback lane for the second half. Anyways it was good and I kind of do feel sorry for Sakura, but seriously she just makes things worst by trying to do things on her own.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 2, 2011 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
Sakura dissapoints, using the girly 'I want to be with you' manipulative card; hoping the 'male' will be dumb enough to buy it. If the (once) dopey Naruto didn't fall for it, why would Sasuke?
The half hearted attack after all her scheming was also a major letdown; a time waste; she should have stayed at home, what made things worst was that she had the best opportunity to strike; litteral case of 'blind side'.

Unimpressed with the 'damzel in distress' element; a girl is in danger and a man must rescue her, preventing violent attacks inflicted by another male in the nick-of-time. I'm sure we're use to seeing this cliche by now, but twice in one episode = >:(.

Another cliche is the fact that female characters can act irrational and put others in danger on multipul occasions, yet they only ever receive a very small, lenient scolding with a back handed apoilogy for their emmotional state, yet a male does or says anything even slight reckless, he gets a stern scolding or even a beating - his flaws are delt with.
A girl with conflicting emmotions needs protecting, whilst a boy undergoing the same thing needs to be a man; quite patronising.

Too many filler segments killing time; I think we can see what the characters are going through, we don't need to view their younger counterparts experiencing the earlier stages of thier problems; we know what's going on, we have followed the story!
Another annoying factor is fillers wrecking the authors story; unnessessary elements that never occured and make the series look a lot more flaky and generic then it actually is.
I wonder, if the anime is getting too close to the manga, why don't the anime production simply save time and cash by putting the series on hold for a few months, just as Gintama was susspended for a short while?

Still, there were a few good scenes.

Jun 2, 2011 8:45 AM
Oct 2010
:|, :), :D, flashback >.>
Jun 2, 2011 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
until the filler part it was a good ep^^ and i expect even more fbs in the next couple of eps....
Jun 2, 2011 9:18 AM

Jul 2010
Omg why wont Sakura die so annoying like Sasuke said...
Jun 2, 2011 10:18 AM

Sep 2009
Save once, save twice. Seriously? All she can do is point a kunai at sasuke? I can do that too -,- What happen to all her training? Stupid irritating character. Even the blind sasuke can grab her neck. Wow.
Next episode we will have 3 against the blind sasuke? Damn.

Sasuke, gone case :(
Jun 2, 2011 10:38 AM

Oct 2010
wow it's a new strong entrance to naruto in this episode , well even if it was in the end of it lol , i hate adding same flashbacks every episode huh :( that's the reason why i chose i (like it) only , sure everyone started wondering how it will be next ep. right ? :P
Jun 2, 2011 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
Finally the whole team 7 is together again.
Jun 2, 2011 11:49 AM
Apr 2010
seriously, these flashback that we already have seen a thousand times are getting really anoying!!!
Jun 2, 2011 11:51 AM

Apr 2011
3/5

The flashbacks really bring down the episode, they just show the same recycled scenes over and over. Also, Sakura is the most annoying, unrelatable character in any anime I have seen.
Jun 2, 2011 12:24 PM

Nov 2010
Hmmm, about sasuke, i was huge fan of him till this episode but i'm starting to hate him. i just can't believe that he attacked kakashi and went for killing sakura!!

and i know, we all knew something like this was coming but still ...
Jun 2, 2011 12:51 PM
Sep 2007
Why are you guys so surprised about Sasuke wanting to kill Sakura?

I mean, she's an obstacle between him (Sasuke) and Naruto.
Jun 2, 2011 1:45 PM

May 2007
trololololol

Jun 2, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2011
More flashbacks than action...and the next ep would probably be the same...
The whole team 7 together again, what's stopping the producers/directors/scriptwriters from annoying their fans with tons and tons of flashbacks.Throw in a healed Karin who's got lots to tell as being an "intel" material, but really, everything would just be flashbacks. This is probably called "THE FLASHBACK ARC"!
Jun 2, 2011 2:27 PM
Apr 2011
Umm.. where was the opening? Whatever it was much better than the two before but why must there be in this episode flashbacks too?
And Sakura is really silly did she really think that she can take Sasuke alone
Damn Sakura but I hope really the next episode will be without flashbacks but I don't think so -.-
Jun 2, 2011 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
QKunai said:
Omg why wont Sakura die so annoying like Sasuke said...

They would NEVER kill off a character that big, with so much "plot" left....

asgardian said:
This is probably called "THE FLASHBACK ARC"!

Well, Naruto (the series) is notorious for being full of fillers, it's not shocking that they "FILL" half of their episodes with flashbacks....and as everyone has already stated, it's very annoying.

Anyways, We've finally arrived at this scene, Sakura continues to be useless and delusional, and Sasuke has finally gone mental.......THANK GOD.....at the very least it's better to have him a full on villain than anything else.

Next episode:

Jun 2, 2011 2:54 PM

Sep 2009
Yayyyyyyy. Naruto to the rescue. :B

Let's tune in next time for another enthralling episode of Naruto. /barrelrolls out
Jun 2, 2011 2:55 PM

Jul 2010
Their just dragging this shit out.
Jun 2, 2011 2:57 PM

Apr 2011
Again a flashbacks lol.:(
Jun 2, 2011 3:10 PM
Oct 2010
Nice timing dattebayo!

Not only there are flashbacks, as we already seen those scenes 10000000 times before. This show is meant for Alzheimer's patients...that's the only logical conclusion.
Yup, it was obviously dragged to get that last scene: "and the hero unexpectedly appears".

Anyway things actually happened! yay
Sasuke doesn't make any freaking sense...well that's not something new :/ (preview: how the hell killing everyone will bring his family back? One word: Lame. And Naruto...I won't even bother.)

I don't hate Sakura...am I a rare species?

3/5

Jun 2, 2011 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
@Rianri

They drilled into our heads the motives behind Sasuke's actions, he doesn't want his family back, he either want that everything didn't happen (unlikely... but who knows!) or wants to kill every bit and piece even remotely related to the incident.

I would wage his target is the "elders" (as in people that were alive and had a pivotal role on what happened) and would avoid killing every single being like Pain for instance, but who knows, with Kishimoto's bias towards making him less gray and more "dark" all bets are off.

...how can you not hate Sakura?! It would be one thing if she would just be delusional about her emotions, girls do that all the time and I love them for it! But the fact that she goes around trying to be a manipulative powerless and ignorant bitch is what trows me off of her, such an obnoxious personalty!

Right now the only thing I am hopping for is that the others don't wake up... otherwise we are in for another batch of ef'ing flashbacks... after all they all had a few scenes with Sasuke that we MUST REMEMBER before the final showdown ¬¬
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
Jun 2, 2011 4:51 PM

Aug 2010
The flashbacks didn't bother me as much as they did for the last couple of weeks. Well, the sharing food flashback is horrible but yeah, better than the last couple of eps.

Anyway, been waiting for a lot of this episode for months, glad we're finally getting somewhere.
Jun 2, 2011 6:04 PM

Dec 2009
been waiting for this episode to show how useless Sakura is.

in the end,
Naruto x Hinata
Sakura x Saucegay :p
Jun 2, 2011 6:09 PM

Oct 2009
BlackZero said:
Very annoying episode, why do they always just plan how to end the episodes and put a load of reused animation in the middle, i swear we have seen the exact thing three times in a row. Its completly unnessary. Fair enough with filler seasons, can always skip them, but why do they ruin all the cannon stuff, it completly brakes eveything up.

Manga is so much better.
They also ruined the whole sasuke look deep down in your self bit. In the manga there is a very subtle hint that deep down sasuke may be good. Kakashi is surposed to act surprised when he said that.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-47597-8/naruto/chapter-484.html

Of course I am not saying he does have any good in him but its nice scene to trick the reader at the very least.

EDIT (The manga part I have mentioned has all just happened in the episode, so no spoilers)

No, I think you just misinterpreted that entire panel in itself. The anime followed the manga exactly. What surprised Kakashi was Sasuke's Susanoo, which Karin shortly after stated had made Sasuke's chakra even colder. Darker chakra, plus rape-mode Susanoo = :O Kakashi

Anyways, I agree that a good 1/3 of this episode was a total waste of time (7 minutes of flashbacks), but you people really can't complain. They didn't actually "ruin" anything. The studio followed the manga to the exact detail.

Jun 2, 2011 6:13 PM

Jun 2010
I knew it. I knew it was going to end with Naruto arriving. I think half of this episode is filler and rest it goes with the story.

Jun 2, 2011 6:18 PM

Oct 2009
13man18 said:
I knew it. I knew it was going to end with Naruto arriving. I think half of this episode is filler and rest it goes with the story.

If by filler you mean flashbacks, then about a third of this episode is.

Jun 2, 2011 6:21 PM

Sep 2006
If Sasuke actually managed to kill Sakura, I'll have a measure of admiration for him, for finishing off the abomination that Kishimoto never bothered to.

I couldn't stand the flashback this episode, it's like the third time they're doing the same scenes within 10 episodes, is crazy repetitive..
Jun 2, 2011 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
damn all those planned cliffhangers!!! they are so evil with us sometimes! :(
I LOVED the stare of Naruto at the end, omg he was SO serious!!!
Epic moment! But it lasted a few seconds, darn... :/
Anyway, it was better than last week's episode at least.. but yeah.. stupid fillers! T.T
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 2, 2011 7:42 PM

Nov 2010
ahh Sakura just standing there holding a kunai, just like old times XD

sasuke continues to douche up the place, and finally we may be able to get an episode without flashbacks within a month or two :P

first half - 3/5
second half - 0/5
overall - 1/5
Jun 2, 2011 7:49 PM

Apr 2011
I Guess, that, The Next Episode Will Be One Of The Bests Episodes Ever seen Before.
Because Naruto Will Spank Sasuke, With Sannin-Mode !
Naruto Owns !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 2, 2011 8:41 PM

Sep 2008
successful troll is successful
btw I've never seen Sasuke ramble so much in an episode...it's actually quite irritating.
Jun 2, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
hgeronimo said:
Hmmm, about sasuke, i was huge fan of him till this episode but i'm starting to hate him. i just can't believe that he attacked kakashi and went for killing sakura!!

and i know, we all knew something like this was coming but still ...

I agree.. He's been my fave character of Naruto since the first episodes ever and it's tearing me apart that he's become that evil. I can't hate him, won't ever but ughh the things he does.. I just wanna bitch slap him. T_T
KruxiaJun 2, 2011 9:13 PM
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Jun 2, 2011 9:54 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, I don't get why people are so shocked Sasuke wants to kill Sakura.
#1, Sakura's a goddamn awful liar and I'm sure with his hax eyes he can see through her 'deception' a mile away... so he knows she wants to kill him. Not that she would EVER stand a chance in Hell of defeating him, even if he was half-dead and she were armed with a tactical warhead.
#2, Sakura was always an annoyance to him at best, just another squealing girl trying to distract him from vengeance. The fact that they were teammates doesn't mean he ever gave her more of the time of day than Sakura did to poor Naruto.
#3, Sakura is part of Konoha, and Sasuke seems to want to at the very least wipe out the HIdden Leaf's entire military, and probably most if not all of the physical town and its population. Either way, Sakura was probably on his hit list, along with Lee, Neji and all the rest.
#4, read these forums sometime, who DOESN'T want Sakura's useless ass dead? ;p

Well, besides the mangaka, who seems to love ramming the unlikeable bitch down our throats. Fans hate her? Too bad, she's our main heroine and that's the way it's gonna stay, cuz she's protected by miles and miles of Plot Armor no Jutsu, no matter how useless she is. /nerdraeg

Anyway, the first half with the showdown between Kakashi and Sasuke was pretty nice, even though it was Talk No Jutsu and Susano'o continuing to get bigger and more powerful every time it's summoned. The giant seems to be sucking away Sasuke's emotions and whatever shred of goodness he had left in him with each summon ... that or it gets stronger as he gets more and more evil. Chicken and egg.

Second half was bullshit flashbacks we've seen a billion times. Canon or no, they still sucked. Hooray for the cliffhanger, though now I'm wondering how Sasuke is going to survive even to fight another day. Sakura he could easily handle blind, and with three limbs tied behind his back and after being beaten by midgets with doorknobs for half an hour ... but Naruto's Sage Mode is pretty hax at this point, and I'm pretty sure those Sharingan won't fire too many more shots at this rate.

So, first half 5/5 ... second half 1/5 ... overall 3/5
Blind_GuardianJun 2, 2011 10:00 PM
Jun 2, 2011 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Stop with the flashbacks... We've already seen 'em
Jun 3, 2011 3:28 AM
Mar 2011
Ok im not finished but please god: dont let kakashi die a second time
Jun 3, 2011 5:00 AM

Jul 2009
Did we really need to see that flashback yet again? -.-
Jun 3, 2011 5:12 AM

Aug 2010
and he arrives! i like this part.:)
also a flashback of the trird...brings back memories.
sakura deserves a punch in the face T.Tseriously she always lets naruto do the "dirty" job.*:(
Jun 3, 2011 5:39 AM

May 2011
the only irritating thing is flash back, they want people to wait for a week to see a episode with half of the time is flashback? which repeated like 2 or 3 times with just a few episode ago?? i guess it is their traditional to have lots of flashback lol == the previous series of naruto had lots of flashback too... if they minimized it to the minimum used of it i think naruto shippudden will only had 200 episode?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.