Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion


Jun 12, 2011 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1618
OMG Akihabara a normal technology city.
Nice episode.
Modified by DuroDeMatar, Jun 12, 2011 9:01 PM
 
Jun 14, 2011 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5970
Feyris is so cute!!!!

Also, Okabe really needs to stop the D-mails because it keeps setting him back further.
 
Jun 15, 2011 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2100
Funny how almost everyone who helps out wants to change at least one thing in their past, but I admit, I would be the same. I already know what I would write and to which point in time I would send it back...

Nice job though, one mail changed the whole city xD 5/5.
 
Jun 15, 2011 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1133
I think there's a meme from "Christina" in this episode already.
 
Jun 15, 2011 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1133
Mogami-kun said:
Funny how almost everyone who helps out wants to change at least one thing in their past, but I admit, I would be the same. I already know what I would write and to which point in time I would send it back...

Nice job though, one mail changed the whole city xD 5/5.

I don't have anything I would change in my life that has happened until now. Though I wasted a year or 3 until I came to know anime. But not something that's really important. Maybe if I'm older xD.
 
Jun 15, 2011 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1499
Got very dramatic with that last bit.
 
Jun 17, 2011 11:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 382
The phone call was hilarious, and I liked how he bowed even though she can't see him. I'm curious to see what that message said, but I doubt we'll ever find out.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)


 
Jun 20, 2011 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 72
WAIT, IF IBN5100 WAS NOT FOUND IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOW DID Christina KNOW ABOUT REAL OBJECT BECOMING JELLY LIKE FORM WHEN BROUGHT BACK TO THE PAST?
 
Jun 20, 2011 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 241
Well, they already had gel-bananas, so she probably already understood the reason...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
 
Jun 30, 2011 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 270
About this episode...
I'll just say that I got massive shivers down my spine
 
Jul 8, 2011 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 83
Awesome Episode! I love how much Feyris-chan this episode has.... So Moe >< And the ending was quite something. Okabe is in some deep stuff now! This is really starting to pick up!
 
Jul 10, 2011 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1464
Wow. They REALLY need to stop sending messages back into the past. D:
 
Aug 4, 2011 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 413
looks like we know what feyris send
1 email change everything
can't see what will happen next
 
Aug 22, 2011 9:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1610
Hmmm, did Feris use the Dmail to prevent her dad from dying at some point within 10 years?

If so, that's gonna be a major shift! Every time a Dmail is sent we see these orange numbers appear, flickering around and usually settling on 0.4 to 0.6 at times. I presume this is the divergence number, and if it every goes above 1.0, then Okarin has fulfilled Titors wish.

Also, not knowing what people are sending back is a terrible error, each time is the chance for a great experiment. I presume Shining finger tried to use that to steal the IBM 5100 but got it wrong and it failed.

And if Okarin keeps remembering all the different eventualities every time the past is changed he's gonna give him,self a brain hemmorage just like in that episode of the Outer Limits where the woman kept jumping back in time to kill rapists before they attacked the women! Excellent stuff!
 
Sep 13, 2011 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
Just getting bit bored how amazed he is from results of d-mails, since knowing things would change somehow anyways.
 
Sep 15, 2011 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 250
Further into the rabbit hole we dive.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
 
Sep 18, 2011 12:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Shadyblade said:
Just getting bit bored how amazed he is from results of d-mails, since knowing things would change somehow anyways.


Yep, because because no one in their right mind would be amazed by all the changes on that street. Stores changing and so on.

Anyway, great fucking episode. I'm starting to understand the hype.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Sep 23, 2011 1:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2460
Lol, an Xzibit meme? Lol, "Neraiyo!" He's got some many nicknames for Kurisu now.

Dayum, remembering exactly what happens every time you decide the fuck the world up must be a lot of stress.

So why the fuck do you keep letting people send their own random, personal D-Mails?

And the big OMGWTF have you done with the Butterfly Effect has appeared!
 
Oct 26, 2011 6:36 AM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8514
Deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole they dive and otaku paradise is now gone. I get the feeling that things are really gonna get bad at some point. And I'm not even at episode 10 yet!

And is this turning into a harem anime?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Nov 9, 2011 12:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3301
That was fucking orgasmic! OF COURSE the message needs to be checked before sending it, Okarin should have known best, even if it's privacy, the contents of the message could affect everyone... and it just did.

So simple, and yet so epic of an ending, I understand the hype now, and I still haven't watched half of it.
 
Nov 26, 2011 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1028
Akiba just lost all it's moe-ness due to a single mail! Just what did Feyris's message said?

Glad to see Shining Finger still alive but her actions keep getting mysterious...

Once again Okarin's and Kurisu's moment on the phone really make my day =) Really loved this anime now~
 
Dec 6, 2011 12:01 PM
Spoony Bard

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2000
WOAH. EVERYTHING'S CHANGING! It's starting to get like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time in that aspect. Really cool. And I like seeing Mayuri's emotions when she thinks about Okabe using the Phone Microwave a lot. Such an interesting show!

5/5
 
Dec 11, 2011 5:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1374
That fucking ending.
 
Dec 30, 2011 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Dat end, doesn't smell good...
 
Jan 2, 2012 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 103
Omg Hououin....what have you done :O
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
 
Jan 6, 2012 12:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3234
Yeah I also got the chills
 
Jan 21, 2012 2:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
In theory, when an D-mail is sent the present time line is dividing into another branch and everything is happening in that new branch.
But the situation with Moeka is strange???When she sent the D-mail, she disappeared from memories of all lab members so the time line has changed so later everything continued in the time line that everybody didn't know Moeka so how senting another D-mail by Ruka changed it that Moeka was known???
It's no logical to me because the new time line after Ruka D-mail has branched(was separated) from the time line that Moeka wasn't know by lab members???
So how it's happend they jumped to another time line that Moeka was known but in other hand they cannot change (jump into another) the time lines whether they can???
 
Jan 28, 2012 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1547
 
Jan 30, 2012 6:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2543
okay THIS is why I hate time travel! T_____T

I hated it in khr, and I hate it now! T______T

If I had the opportunity to time travel in real life, I would never do it! T___T
hi
 
Feb 1, 2012 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2512
Lulexiaa said:
okay THIS is why I hate time travel! T_____T

I hated it in khr, and I hate it now! T______T

If I had the opportunity to time travel in real life, I would never do it! T___T


Too bad this show primarily focuses on time travel, suck it up.
 
Feb 1, 2012 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 730
TwinBrave said:
Lulexiaa said:
okay THIS is why I hate time travel! T_____T

I hated it in khr, and I hate it now! T______T

If I had the opportunity to time travel in real life, I would never do it! T___T


Too bad this show primarily focuses on time travel, suck it up.


No time travel in this show.
 
Feb 1, 2012 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2512
Knave said:
TwinBrave said:
Lulexiaa said:
okay THIS is why I hate time travel! T_____T

I hated it in khr, and I hate it now! T______T

If I had the opportunity to time travel in real life, I would never do it! T___T


Too bad this show primarily focuses on time travel, suck it up.


No time travel in this show.


Fair enough, more like moving along parallel worlds, or something among those lines >_<
 
Feb 3, 2012 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 151
TwinBrave said:
Lulexiaa said:
okay THIS is why I hate time travel! T_____T

I hated it in khr, and I hate it now! T______T

If I had the opportunity to time travel in real life, I would never do it! T___T


Too bad this show primarily focuses on time travel, suck it up.


+1 for you.

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
 
Feb 24, 2012 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 145
uh oh this isn't looking good
 
Feb 25, 2012 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
Seeker said:
RealScreamer said:
Also ~ What exactly did Mayushii mean when she said, "I feel like I'm gonna lose him"? Was she referring to Okabe's chemistry with Kurisu or just something completely different?


Each time the past is changed, Okabe becomes a little bit more distant. He tries to describe his memories to everyone, but they don't even know whether to believe him or not. Pretty much, he's experienced things that the others haven't and that makes communication with them awkward for him. Take the incident with the Metal Upa in this episode. He phrases the question, "You're still looking for a Metal Upa?", to which Mayuri is confused. To her, collecting Upas has been her hobby. But to Okabe, she already got a Metal Upa once and he's surprised that she's still looking for one in this other "world line".

By retaining his memories, Okabe is essentially traversing between world lines. While the people he knows may be the same, everything is foreign to him. And the more he does that, the more distant he'll become.

wakka9ca said:
just like in C, the more power the person hold, the more change and influence they have over the world. This was the case for Feyris....

13man18 said:
THAT"S CRAZY. Akihabara without any anime. No Otaku's paradise. Now we know what the message was. Something like don't bring any moe things to Akihabara. That world can never go back to normal because they keep changing the world.

i was thinking that she wanted her dad to stay with her. before the dad wasnt there, but there was a butler. she ended up "moe"ing up the place while the dad was gone. now that he's here, she didnt do that.


 
Mar 7, 2012 12:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 308
If anyone can help me out please do...

I got totally thrown off this episode...

Okay so Okabe, Christina and the group were talking about "Physical Time Travel." Christina then comments about Okabe being the guinea pig for the next experiment and jokes that Okabe is scared to turn into jelly.

Next, Okabe discusses about getting more info using the IBN 5100, however the group has no recollection of ever having the PC at all.

Now hear's where I get confused...

In earlier episodes Okabe, Christina and Itaru discovered this phenomenon that traveling physically back in time turns human's into "jelly." But they find this info by looking at the Jellyman report/photo's when hacking into SERN and decoded the info using the IBN 5100.

So overall, my question is...

How do the lab members know of this Jelly phenomenon when this knowledge from the report can only be obtained with the IBN 5100 decoding capabilities????
Modified by Mr_DaftPunk, Mar 7, 2012 12:59 AM

 
Mar 7, 2012 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 730
Mr_DaftPunk said:
If anyone can help me out please do...

I got totally thrown off this episode...

Okay so Okabe, Christina and the group were talking about "Physical Time Travel." Christina then comments about Okabe being the guinea pig for the next experiment and jokes that Okabe is scared to turn into jelly.

Next, Okabe discusses about getting more info using the IBN 5100, however the group has no recollection of ever having the PC at all.

Now hear's where I get confused...

In earlier episodes Okabe, Christina and Itaru discovered this phenomenon that traveling physically back in time turns human's into "jelly." But they find this info by looking at the Jellyman report/photo's when hacking into SERN and decoded the info using the IBN 5100.

So overall, my question is...

How do the lab members know of this Jelly phenomenon when this knowledge from the report can only be obtained with the IBN 5100 decoding capabilities????


That's actually the same thing i wondered about when i watched the show. It could be a plot hole, as i haven't found an answer.
 
Mar 7, 2012 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 308
Knave said:
Mr_DaftPunk said:
If anyone can help me out please do...

I got totally thrown off this episode...

Okay so Okabe, Christina and the group were talking about "Physical Time Travel." Christina then comments about Okabe being the guinea pig for the next experiment and jokes that Okabe is scared to turn into jelly.

Next, Okabe discusses about getting more info using the IBN 5100, however the group has no recollection of ever having the PC at all.

Now hear's where I get confused...

In earlier episodes Okabe, Christina and Itaru discovered this phenomenon that traveling physically back in time turns human's into "jelly." But they find this info by looking at the Jellyman report/photo's when hacking into SERN and decoded the info using the IBN 5100.

So overall, my question is...

How do the lab members know of this Jelly phenomenon when this knowledge from the report can only be obtained with the IBN 5100 decoding capabilities????


That's actually the same thing i wondered about when i watched the show. It could be a plot hole, as i haven't found an answer.
Oh okay thanks!

 
Mar 17, 2012 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 724
shuncchi said:
so intense ><


5/5.
Modified by hardnyasha, Mar 17, 2012 4:05 PM
あらあら。。。
 
Mar 17, 2012 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 724
Fai said:
SolidSnakeUS said:
Great episode. Also, am I the only one who knows what Chaos Theory is without looking it up?


Nope. Its pretty much a must to understand what is going on and i bet majority of viewers have no idea that pretty much everything in the show is based on real science.



SO in case of those who have no idea:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality_paradox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerr_black_hole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionocraft


Thats for starters.


Useful links. I couldn't thought that John Titor was real! Thanks for the links!
あらあら。。。
 
Mar 17, 2012 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 724
Braindead90 said:
lol Kurisu Makise is a 2channer!


She's a /b/tard!
あらあら。。。
 
Mar 22, 2012 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 373
DA FUCK HAPPENED TO MY OTAKU PARADISE?!!

Great episode, Christina never ceases to amaze me, a Tsundere a 2channer (whatever that means) and apparently she has/had a boyfriend (can't think of another reason of her crying). Totally love her.
 
Apr 1, 2012 1:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 24
Wow I totally love this show! The setting is great, voice actors are superb, awesome story and really interesting material. Humor is very good as well.

Now I was going to say that the butterfly effect in this series was very limited but then I saw the end. Complete districts not being developed into what they should be is a great effect. Yet I surprises me that almost all of the lab members are still present. You wouldn't have expected that they still know Feyris. If Akihabara never became the electronics paradise, without the maid cafe, how could they have met?

Also we don't know if they succeeded in making the boy a girl. If they did succeed I would have expected a lot more changes.

edit: I see, it's still an electronics district but no moe. Still a big change
Modified by Marv007, Apr 1, 2012 1:19 PM
 
Apr 5, 2012 1:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 32
Okabe: eh?
Makise: *starts crying into panda pillow*
Okabe: Christina-
Makise: *in between sobs* Don't talk to me!
Okabe: *sigh* I'll only say this. You're part of my life now. Any time you want to talk, I'll listen.
Makise: *slowly turns to him* Okabe...
Okabe: *starts laughing evilly* *talks to phone* Just as planned, she fell for it! Now I can use her for all the grunt work!

I'm sorry, but I found that terribly amusing and burst with laughter.
 
Apr 8, 2012 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 519
I think Feyris' text message was used to save her dad. That's probably what changed the town.
 
Apr 9, 2012 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1458
Okarin better stop using the D-mail so often or something serious might happen, or it might already be too late.
 
Apr 20, 2012 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
Holy shit, things are getting intense. They keep changing the world with the D-mailing.

5/5


Sent with Mal Updater
 
May 6, 2012 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 736
Holy crap! the ending was amazing!
 
May 14, 2012 10:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 810
"2channer"
"You certainly do know your memes!"

I lol'd

Tripppy ending

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
 
May 17, 2012 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2884
I wonder what Feyris sent in her message. Lol @ Makise and her memes. I thought at first that was some kind of joke on the subs. The story just keeps getting better.
 
Top
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »