Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2011 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sand mole my ass! That's sandworms straight out of Dune, even the method of luring it was almost the same like the thumper. Come to think of it the Quaint might as well be Arrakis and the Quaintian, Fremen. :D

I have to agree with Chirico's thoughts on why Quaint don't have weapons themselves, and they don't fight in Quaint so maybe they send their people as mercenaries off-world to vent their aggression there? The Emissary last episode also said as people (that's coming from the best mercenary people in the galaxy) they love peace, that's just weird. Killy in this episode seems to be afraid of the Quaintian's legacy himself which intrigues me further.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 10, 2011 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
The twins are idiots! After talking so much about Chirico being vulnerable without an AT what do they do? They attack him with ATs. OF COURSE he's going to steal one and own them! xD
May 22, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
So after all that talk about the Quaintians, their village is that easily destroyed? Like, "oops", just like that?
Jul 13, 2014 5:44 PM

Nov 2013
So that little heretic line at the beginning basically confirmed my suspicions, the society is some kind of religious order, remember Borough's priest outfit and Kanjejman's religious rebels.

Considering how obsessed they are with the idea of modifying humans, perhaps their trying to create a god or something.
Bubcus93Jul 14, 2014 4:51 AM
Mar 30, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
tofei said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sand mole my ass! That's sandworms straight out of Dune, even the method of luring it was almost the same like the thumper. Come to think of it the Quaint might as well be Arrakis and the Quaintian, Fremen. :D

I have to agree with Chirico's thoughts on why Quaint don't have weapons themselves, and they don't fight in Quaint so maybe they send their people as mercenaries off-world to vent their aggression there? The Emissary last episode also said as people (that's coming from the best mercenary people in the galaxy) they love peace, that's just weird. Killy in this episode seems to be afraid of the Quaintian's legacy himself which intrigues me further.

I get the feeling that the Quentians were meant to be a combination of the Fremen and the Gurkha.

Also, now Chirico has an AT. Ho, ho, ho.
Sep 2, 2019 4:25 PM

Jun 2014
Those twins with the squire haircuts are getting on my nerves.

They're almost at the village.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 9 Discussion

tofei - May 23, 2011

14 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 7 Discussion

tofei - May 22, 2011

13 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 52 Discussion

Echelon - Sep 13, 2008

29 by walla »»
Jan 14, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

13 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Armored Trooper Votoms Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 19, 2009

18 by sakurology »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.