Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tiger & Bunny Episode 9 Discussion

Sep 26, 2012 1:23 PM

I laughed at all the heroes playing hot potato with the baby. And why are tomboys just so cute? Dragon Kid has grown on me a bit.

Mar 6, 2013 11:55 AM

I liked the idea of the flower language.. lovely.

I cracked a laugh how the baby was passed between the heroes, especially baby\s reaction towards Flame's mama-kiss. Blue Rose reaction was superb.

Is Ms. Producer falling for Bunny???

at the end, I think I saw Mr. & Mrs. Obama?? @@

Jul 3, 2013 10:43 AM

slow but good episode :D

but the baby kinda irritated me a little :P

the babysitter kidnappers have lovely and sexy voice!!!

Mary: Endou, Aya

Lily: Nakahara, Mai

Mari: Oohara Sayaka

Agnes and Barnaby having screen time alone!!!

and lol Kotetsu lying how it doesn't bother him when Mary is acting sexy around him XD

Dragon Kid looks soo cute!!!

kinda wish we had more back story to her other than being China's pride.

Barnaby finally remembers his parent's killers.

he kinda looks like Kotetsu, soo a relative of Kotetsu?!?!

next episode is gonna be soo good!!!!

Jul 5, 2013 1:00 AM

Oh god...this episode has lots of cuteness and feels.

I can infer that Barnaby is around 24 or more; since his parents were killed when he was 4, and he says that he had been gathering information desperately for 20 years. Hn just wanted to point that out~

I feel bad for Barnaby for having an image like that in his head, must be awful poor thing....

Looking forward to the next episode!

Jul 17, 2013 10:18 PM
finally some development in tiger and bunny's friendship!

Jan 4, 2014 7:25 PM

Merril said:
Everyone else sees Paolin as a loli Uma Thurman right.... right?

Never thought of that but yeah! (too bad no one is named Bill here)

Jun 15, 2014 6:00 PM

Those were some pretty incompetent kidnappers.

Aug 3, 2014 10:00 AM

Nice to see some more focus on Dragon Kid as she seems to be one of the characters being more pushed back, still pretty decent episode!

Mar 2, 2015 1:58 AM

Nice! An episode focused around Dragon Kid!

Dragon Kid's so cute. :3

Those slutty kidnappers though...

Barnaby is slowly growing on me...

That ending was quite mysterious. I wonder who and where that guy was.

The mystery elements are certainly becoming more and more prominent!

Great episode!

8/10 I can't wait to find out the backstory behind all the other heroes!

Apr 7, 2015 5:05 PM

Episode turned out much better than I was expecting.

Dec 12, 2015 12:53 PM
well we now know what happened to tigers wife. lol at blue rose freaking out over tiger haveing a kid and a now gone wife. really smell money? what a lame power. not a bad episode to learn about dragon kid. Kinda of a ouch moment at the end there for tiger.

Jul 20, 2016 6:21 AM

Pao-Lin is a cutie! xD

I want those three criminal girls back!!
Mostly because of their voices xD
"Signature removed"

Sep 7, 2016 4:22 AM

Great episode. Tiger and Bunny drinking off the night caught me off guard, lol.

Oct 8, 2018 3:28 PM
Nanamename said:
burebureningen said:
I didn't like this episode. It felt like they were trying to force Dragon Kid to be girly (or a moe moe loli more like) when that wasn't who she was and I'm sick of using babies as plot devices to make insufficiently feminine girl characters "realise their true nature". And because she didn't want to wear the hairclip she didn't care for her parents properly? WTF? She didn't even get to kick ass apart from that brief bit in the beginning, the freaking baby did more of that than she did. Upstaged by a baby, ffs. I do like Kotetsu as a dad though.

I know I'm late but those were my instant thoughts only five minutes into the episode. I hate the standards shown here. Male heroes are never criticised for being flamboyant or a bit feminine, just look at Fire Emblem. But as soon as any female character doesn't show any feminine traits then there's something wrong and she needs to be changed. It's like saying the only way a female hero should be able to get any attention is to act "cute and girly" otherwise they're not interestign enough. It really pisses me off. I love the show but finding vaguely sexist messages in this, and other anime, really spoils my enjoyment a lot of the time.
Late though I may be, I have to offer some nuance here, even though the general trope disgusts me as much as it does you: these heroes are, in the end, corporate peons, and thus slave to PR. While 'kawaii' is one of the most ugly and dehumanising aspects of japanese culture, what Pao Lin's surrogate parent was advising wasn't a personality change, but a costume change. Someone in the public eye must cultivate an image, and that image must stand out; it's the main reason heroes have costumes, after all, besides protection of their identity.

I agree with you on the motherhood and baby stuff, though. That's just degenerate, even for the time this series came out, and lessens my opinion of this anime as a whole. Thanks for calling that out.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.

Oct 9, 2018 10:14 AM
Angeloid
Great episode on showing how much our heroes parents care for them. The baby is super cute with an awesome ability. I knew once Bunny and Tiger discussed not trying so hard to remember something you cannot, that an event or motion would trigger his memory of who the murder might be. Just so happens Tiger triggered it.

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]