Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 30, 2011 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
SwordWielder said:
"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

^ i laughed at that.

Looks like the finale is fast approaching, the biggest and last case. Although they didn't say what it was exactly O.o did they?

All the background of Cordelia has been given now too.
May 31, 2011 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
SwordWielder said:
"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

Never seen such stupid lines before... seriously how stupid can people get? I was like ok... Mr. Obvious...

this and
overall this ep is pretty good
May 31, 2011 8:47 AM
Jul 2010
DenjaX said:
choyos said:
Just wondering, if Cordelia is aware of whats going to happen, why not just run away with Victorique? Is getting revenge that important to her? more than her daughter's safety
Also, I guess when they refer to second storm is something different to WWI as it would be 15 years to early.Which make sense as they will try to stop it and it would be too unrealistic for two kids to prevent WWII from happening O_o
^Cordelia mentioned she believed in Victorique's power to defeat them. She's not a good mother if you ask me but at least she loves her and she's confident about her strength. I also agree with your second statement. WWII is inevitable XDD I guess that would be the time their future will come true :( that would be a sad ending or bittersweet perhaps.
I think Cordelia is as good of mother as she could in her circumstances. I think it's admirable that she loves her daughter despite all that happened to her just for the sake of Victorique's birth. And she's watching over her. I like to believe that at least.

As for the WWII, I agree that it is gonna happen. Perhaps they'll be able to delay it for 15 years? If that is so, this is not the time they'll be separated. Besides, the old man in the village said "many years from now" anyway so I'm not too worried.

I still don't get what Marquis wanted Victorique for. It has been hinted she's a tool he wants to use for the "second storm". Although I have no idea what that means. Of course it's related to her intelligence but I still can't seem to figure it out. But I wonder... Were his plans simply based on what Leviathan said to him? About siring "a woman of extraordinary ability". Since Leviathan was a fake alchemist... did he know what he was talking about when he said that? Then again, he was dying so he didn't have reasons to make things up...
Jun 1, 2011 2:24 PM

Aug 2008
Iilia said:
CordeliaXRoscoe > VictoriqueXKujou
It can't be helped.

This. My thoughts too.
Jun 1, 2011 7:52 PM

Apr 2009
Mineko said:
Iilia said:
It can't be helped.

This. My thoughts too.

I was also gonna say 'This'. xDD
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jun 2, 2011 12:52 AM

Dec 2010
KazukiUchiha said:
Sartaj said:
The Marquis just became my favourite character, right next to Grevil. Pouring alcohol on a screaming woman giving birth to a rape babby, can this show even do anything more to be great?

Wtf. Just Wtf.

My reaction... fkkk that! Your just wrong...
Cordelia had such a sad past, performing as a ..ugh. being in a brothel? and then being raped by that ugly sick shit and then being in pain and humiliation while giving birth to Victorique. T_T
That Brain Rosco is my favorite character next to Victorique
Jun 2, 2011 6:47 AM

Mar 2011
So if we recap everything we know.
The second "storm" is coming (WWII), Kujoe is from Japan and is most likely goign to be called home to fend for his homeland.

Victorique have to prove her strenght, her intelligence that is, in order to survive, according to her mom.
Im imagining something like this, Victorique is forced into cooperating with the allied forces, and in the end she will end the war by helping the americans construct the atomic bomb using her intelligence.

Kujoe's hometown is still unknown if I remember correctly, so there's a possibility that he's from Nagasaki or Hiroshima that end up getting blown by Vic's bomb.

Possiblity?
Jun 2, 2011 7:12 AM

Aug 2008
Elendri said:
So if we recap everything we know.
The second "storm" is coming (WWII), Kujoe is from Japan and is most likely goign to be called home to fend for his homeland.

Victorique have to prove her strenght, her intelligence that is, in order to survive, according to her mom.
Im imagining something like this, Victorique is forced into cooperating with the allied forces, and in the end she will end the war by helping the americans construct the atomic bomb using her intelligence.

Kujoe's hometown is still unknown if I remember correctly, so there's a possibility that he's from Nagasaki or Hiroshima that end up getting blown by Vic's bomb.

Possiblity?
So gloomy. Well, if the author want something so drama, that would be so perfect.
But please, no, for god's sake. Please let them elope together somewhere.
Jun 4, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
Well, this was ... interesting. Possible rape, forced to give birth to an unwanted daughter, Brian isn't the villain after all huh? Don't really know if I like this or not ...
Something about a Queen, what's with Cordelia calling Victorica her "soul"? Is this some kind of Gray Wolf thing? Yea ... obviously I'm paying lots of attention here :S
Jun 6, 2011 5:35 AM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:
SwordWielder said:
"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

Never seen such stupid lines before... seriously how stupid can people get? I was like ok... Mr. Obvious...
Don't even get me started on that scene. Talk about killing the mood. :P

I was like 0_o when i heard those lines. She's dirty? WTF? Stupid phrasing there.

I really liked this episode. Maybe the best for me. It was nice seeing and learning a little about the past.
So Victorique's father is a complete crazy fuck. Yeah it looks like no good end will come if he doesn't die. So cruel to share half your DNA with that guy.
It's good that her mother didn't turn out to hate her daughter because of what she had been threw.
Jun 9, 2011 7:10 AM

Oct 2010
Poor Cordelia. ;__; Having to be chained like that. It's horrible.

Marquis should just die.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 10, 2011 4:39 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, I understand why Brain hates Marquis du Blois. That guy is totally evil.
Jun 11, 2011 7:21 PM

Jun 2008
Miora-san said:
Can't believe Cordelia got raped o_O!

Yeah, I also didn't know that....

Anyways, WE'VE ARRIVED AT THE PLOTNESS!!!
Jun 15, 2011 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
Nice background into Cordeilla, good episode to have to set up the end of this arc.
Jun 25, 2011 10:43 AM

May 2010
I wonder what's the rationale behind a gray wolf's blood and Blois' blood.

SwordWielder said:
"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

This. LOL
Jul 6, 2011 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
I loved this episode. Cordelia is now one of my favourite characters. She's been through so much but she's still so strong-willed and the way she's moved by her love towards te daughter she gave birth to unwillingly... it's just beautiful. And I loved her story with Brian!
Jul 15, 2011 12:26 AM

Jan 2011
What's with that obsession towards bloodline? Screw that Marquis..
Aug 1, 2011 9:03 PM

Mar 2011
That was quite the beginning. Looking forward to the next arc.
Aug 4, 2011 9:31 PM

May 2010
SwordWielder said:
"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

Hah hah, reading everyone make fun of this scene made my day!
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 22, 2011 7:46 AM

Oct 2009
Marquis is such a fucking asshole, hopefully he'll get a slow painful death ;3

And the Academy is full of retarded students, go figure.
Sep 8, 2011 10:13 AM

Jul 2010
SwordWielder said:
"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

i was waiting for someone to go "oh, she's running again"
"FUGUA"
"oh, she fell again"

Nov 10, 2011 5:15 AM

Jun 2011
SwordWielder said:

"She fell!"
"ew, She's dirty!"
"She got up!"

Worst lines ever.

That Marquis guy really need to be dead by the end of this series. He raped Cordelia, locked her for a year, separating a mother and her daughter and sent her to some psychiatric hospital....He is even worst than Kujo!
Dec 18, 2011 3:22 AM

May 2009
Victorique is a rape baby 0_o
May 23, 2012 4:52 AM

Dec 2011
Going that far just because he wanted to mix their bloodlines? Marquis, you total a-hole.

On a side note, I wonder if the grey wolves are people with a genetic disposition to very high IQ (like some cases of Asperger's Syndrome) o.o
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Aug 11, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2012
Marquis. GO. TO. HELL. Raping a woman and then stealing her kid? Asssssss. >:(

5/5 for this episode because I loved the flashback part from Cordelia. I'm starting to wonder if I would enjoy this series if it was Cord and Brian instead of our current two main characters. I SHIP THEM OKAY. Cord and Brian are at least both equally strong and smart. LOL

I agree with everone else. The academy has pretty much idiots studying there, minus Cecile, Avril and Kujo obviously.

PerlaNemesis said:
I hate Albert so much! Also, anyone else recognized Julie from Queen Beryl arc? She was a girl Cordelia met in that hospital and who called nurses "hunting dogs". Also, now I like Brian more. :)

I saw that too. xD
Brian yay :D

Iilia said:
It can't be helped.

+1
MayukaAug 11, 2012 3:36 PM
Mar 11, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
There better be a love confession and/or kiss scene when Kujo finds Victorique
Mar 30, 2013 2:19 AM

Oct 2009
If i was there, I would torture the Marquis to absolute despair before killing him off with the bloodiest way imaginable. That SOB deserves more than simply death. Never had I seen a character that revolting to me to this day, a year after watching this.

I have to praise Cordelia for her strong will, despite the hard labor she went through to give birth to Victorique and being separated for this long. Kudos to such strong woman.
Athalon-ZeroMar 30, 2013 2:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2013 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
koroX said:
Oh no, only 5 episodes left.
No worries. The last 5 are better than all the rest, in my opinion.
Jan 29, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Ajunky said:
KaitoDash said:
The Marquis turned out to be an absolute asshole who is even worse than I imagined. What a tragedy they all went through because of his insanity.
Indeed... I thought he had somehow maliciously seduced her but he didn't even bothered with such pleasantries. He abducted, raped, confined, separated her from her daughter and disposed of her to a sanatorium... he definitely earned a horrible karmic death.

My bet is Grevil will be the carrier of that judgement. He'll continue to obey his father to betray him at the most critical point. I can't see him agreeing with his father's ways... besides, he said it himself, the hair drill is nothing, he knows that what he owes Victorique is worth a lot more than that.

Don't you mean that

/puts on sunglasses

his drill will break through the heavens?

Sorry. I had to.

But yeah. That so called father is a big ass, and needs to get drilled.
Mar 25, 2014 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
ArcticMech said:
If you hated Marquis du Blois before this episode...anyways, death would be too kind for him.

Agreed. That backstory...omg ;_;
Apr 30, 2014 6:32 AM
Mar 2013
Argh, that father of hers is despicable. You'd have to see the episode to believe it because words cannot describe it here.

Now I can see why Cordelia and Brian Roscoe want revenge on that sleazeball so badly. I hope Kujo finds and frees Victorique soon.
May 5, 2014 4:12 AM

May 2013
What a depressing episode, this has been a great series.
Jul 24, 2014 7:48 PM

May 2014
Cordelia has a somewhat sad past, chained up when giving birth. But that 9month time skip>.< that was too fast for me, I wish they dragged out this scene. This definitely was the best episode of Gosick thus far for me.
Episode score: 5/5
_Dazzle_Jul 24, 2014 8:19 PM
Jul 24, 2014 8:09 PM

May 2014
Iilia said:

But really, stone slab? Chains? Wtf? It's like he's trying so hard to be a bad guy here. There's not really any need to chain a woman in labor. It's not like she's going anywhere, seriously.

I agree with you, that was a little bit over the top, causing the anime to become more melodramatic than it normally would. Maybe some screaming at her with her legs and arms maybe TIED up not CHAINED UP to a stone slab. Maybe a bed to increase a successful baby delivery? A bit unrealistic because it was exaggerated.
Aug 25, 2014 8:05 PM

Oct 2013
A GALE WILL BLOOOOOOOW

Poor Cordelia. :c

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 17, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
So Albert de Blois kidnapped and raped Cordelia. What a huge cunt.
What an awful life Cordelia had. But now, Brian role and why he's so cold toward Victorique is more clear. He loved Cordelia and Victorique represent Cordelia suffering and his own failures.

Cecile attempt to protect Victorique was cute :P
But in the end, Victorique is taken away, again, and Kujo wasn't there to protect her, again.

All those soldiers must mean that a war is coming. But I don't get it, since the war started late 1939 and the story is happening in 1924. Does that mean that they will create a fictive World War setting? A World War that never happened?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2015 11:45 PM

Sep 2014
Oh shit, what a depressing episode...the flashbacks made me so sad. The Marquis de Blois is the biggest asshole ever conceived. Fuck that guy.
Oct 18, 2016 6:13 PM

Feb 2015
The worst thing about this anime is how stupid of a character Kujo is, so annoying. Mr Nice Guy portrayed as a hero, how pathetic.
Mar 18, 2017 10:41 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Cordelia, I didn't think that this was how she was taken by that bastard.
I'm glad that she didn't hate Victorique for it.
May 27, 2017 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
The dance perfomance was quite cheerful :D

Cordelia had to endure something horrible, but even something terrible as that brought forth her daughter, who is beloved by her despite what happened. The whole circumstances make it really touching for me.

So in the end the prophecy occured and Victorique and Kujou were seperated, but I hope not permanent.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2017 10:35 AM

Apr 2009
Well, abduction, rape and a psychiatric ward, this is some heavy shit I did not expect in gosick o.O
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 3, 2020 5:57 AM

Jul 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
Oh that bastard! He didn't even try to court Cordelia, he just kidnapped her and raped her so she can give birth to Victorique. I am surprise after all this she still loves her daughter after all it is not her fault.

Until now I was thinking that they had a relationship or something like that...but after this episode it's clear, he is a soab, I hope he dies...he raped her, kept her captive in a jail.
Sep 9, 2021 1:05 AM
Oct 2019
Well, there goes any sympathy I have reserved for Marquis Blois out the window. I’ll always wait and see what the antagonists have to say before passing any judgment but how could you excuse raping a woman just to have a child for your deluded dreams. It’s very clear now Blois sees Victorique as a tool and a weapon but what I’m afraid is how Victorique at some level seem to buy the fact that she can’t loved and isn’t loved.
Dec 19, 2021 8:54 PM
Oct 2016
Wow. This was a dark episode. Cordelia was held in captivity after getting kidnapped, raped, and then forced to give birth.
Aug 9, 2022 12:43 PM

Mar 2019
That was an interesting story for Victorique's mother, a lot of things from the early episodes make a lot of sense now.

I knew Brian is the best, everything is just perfect about him, except his fighting, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 7, 2023 7:50 AM

Feb 2022
Cordelia's back story is dark & deep... That Albert bastard I hope his life ends in a satisfying way.

And those annoying NPC's for giving an idiotic remarks when Victorique fell...

Jagermeister-kunApr 7, 2023 7:54 AM
Jul 23, 2023 1:15 AM
Jul 2021
"La vie en rose" "LA VIE EN ROSE"😂
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jan 14, 11:44 AM

May 2020
Cordelias with Victoriques past was pretty bad and painful
but a beautiful episode none the less

Feb 18, 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
The less screentime Kujo has, the more enjoyable an episode is.
Mar 31, 8:02 PM

Dec 2022
dark, very dark. that one was a long time coming and well worth the wait.
love how Brian and Cord were written as the Mechanical Turk operators
glad farting newt returned ^_^
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.