Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2011 9:25 PM

Jun 2009
The Japanese film website Eiga.com confirmed on Thursday that Takashi Miike (Yatterman, Crows Zero) is directing a live-action adaptation of CAPCOM's Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) videogame franchise. The film will star Hiroki Narimiya (Gokusen's Noda, NANA's Nobu, Akihabara @ DEEP's Page) as the novice attorney Phoenix Wright (Ryuichi Naruhodo) in his first collaboration with Miike. Other cast members include Takumi Saitō (RoboGeisha, Princess Princess D) as prosecutor Miles Edgeworth (Reiji Mitsurugi) as Mirei Kiritani (Arakawa under the Bridge's Nino) as Maya Fey (Mayoi Ayasato).

The film will take place in a parallel world in Japan, where a large increase in harsh crimes has led to a new court system. Under this new system, the defense attorney and public prosecutor have three days to battle cases out in open court to determine guilt or innocence of the accused, placing priority on speed instead of thorough investigation. The film studio Toei plans to use a lot of computer graphics and visual effects in the courtroom scenes in order to make them more interesting, but it will still retain the games' signature lines such as "Igi Ari!" ("Objection!") and "Kurae!" ("Take That!")

Earlier this week, Miike told interviewer Karin Badt at the Cannes Film Festival that his next film is a court drama based on a Nintendo DS videogame.

Filming is scheduled to finish in late June, with the film slated to open in theaters throughout Japan in early spring of 2012

I will be perfectly honest I think the actors look to young to be Miles and Nick but.....I'm going to watch it anyway I'm kind of a sucker for these things!
I won't be fooled by a mere 3-d girl!!!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 27, 2011 6:38 PM

Feb 2010
Don't forget, Narimiya Hiroki is also from Stand Up! (2003) and Bloody Monday (2007)!!!!
OMG I DIED when I heard this news, but I'm actually looking forward to watch this... I mean... After watching Puripuri D drama with Takumi Saito, I was a bit nyeaa with it, but omg!! SO EXCITED XDD

After playing all the games, I want to see how Nariyama-san can pull off Phoenix XD
May 27, 2011 7:43 PM

Jun 2009
I'll be honest I'm going to watch it. If it has a Bluray release I'll probably buy it....but the guys are so pretty and that seems kind of wrong some how.... ah hell with it, I like eye candy and I'll admit I watched PuriPuri D too. It was average but Takumi is hot soooooo....I guess I'll just have to see how he does.
I won't be fooled by a mere 3-d girl!!!

May 29, 2011 5:41 AM

Sep 2009
Takashi Miike ^^ I live to see it ;D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Member Cards Revisited! ~Now Open~

Kazamir - Aug 15, 2010

8 by Htirelix »»
Mar 8, 2015 9:26 AM

» How do you find Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth?

shantishanti3 - Apr 15, 2010

14 by shizuura »»
Oct 28, 2012 7:29 AM

» Gyakuten Kenji 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazamir - Sep 11, 2010

11 by ochin- »»
Dec 21, 2010 2:15 AM

» Merchandise!

Kazamir - Jun 28, 2010

4 by Kazamir »»
Nov 3, 2010 3:30 PM

» 75+ Memeber cards!!!!! ~CLOSED~

Kazamir - Jul 7, 2010

6 by Kazamir »»
Jul 16, 2010 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.