Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 26, 2011 11:33 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh amn the flashbacks were kind of pointless IMO other than Kimimaro thinking about them and reflecting on them. Major development that I am sure many people will like towards Mashu x Kimimaro. At this point who needs Hanabi when you have Mashu that is willing to kiss in the following,

stupid Kimimaro was too shy as most guys are in anime but he should have went with the kiss!

Another nice development is Kimimaro's flower placement on Mashu as follows,

now that is another great progress between Mashu x Kimimaro. I did find Kimimaro punching the guy a little too much IMO. It should not be his place to bud in. Not a bad episode but not the best.
Yumekichi11May 26, 2011 11:17 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 26, 2011 4:43 PM

Feb 2008
Some background story of Mikuni, his father was so aweful.
Mikuni sister died, that was predictable.

Kimimaro act like a normal person would do friendly but he still confused what to do,
he don't want to lose or win.
What do he really want?
Well the relationships between his asset Mashu is close.

Quite good episode thought, no battle but still good progness.

Looking forward for next episode!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 26, 2011 5:24 PM

May 2010
This episode reminds me of that guy who married his DS

ConfuciusMay 26, 2011 8:14 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 26, 2011 6:33 PM

Jul 2008
I am not sure how I felt about this episode. While it was nice to get Mashu's thoughts on everything expressed, nothing really happened. I might have preferred an entire episode devoted to Mikuni's back story.
May 26, 2011 6:48 PM

Jun 2010
Ah Ah I knew it. I knew they're going to get together some how or at least have their first kiss. Mashu is starting to learn more and more real world customs. She's had food and now she wants her kiss.

If one isn't focused on the real world, things might seem to disappear.

May 26, 2011 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
I think I enjoyed Mikuni's back story more. odd timing as I thought he'd be telling it but it was pretty interesting and really made me give him sympathy with his sister. wait, it said she didn't regain consciousness is she in a coma or did she die?

Mashu's thoughts were ok but it didn't pick up again until the end. I don't really like him white knighting about that other asset.

Mikuni's aspect reminds me of his sister for some reason, the voice? I wonder if there's a connection?
May 26, 2011 6:59 PM

Feb 2011
Cliches galore in this episode like how mikuni's sister died then mashu getting curious what's kiss is and wanting to try it with kimamaro xD

Well it would be easier for kimimaro if mashu becomes his future with that they'll fight for it together.
May 26, 2011 7:06 PM

Oct 2010
mystik said:
it was pretty interesting and really made me give him sympathy with his sister. wait, it said she didn't regain consciousness is she in a coma or did she die?
I believe Doki subs said she did regain conscious to this day. Which means she is in a coma. She also mentions that she is afraid of never waking up. That could also mean a coma.

May 26, 2011 7:10 PM

Aug 2010
Now i'm half expecting they do kiss in the future (actually looking forward to it XD)
May 26, 2011 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
I really want to like this show, but it's getting more "meh" every episode. The terrible cutaways and overly-blatant CGI don't help matters.
May 26, 2011 8:31 PM

Jun 2010
Good episode, expecting some thing more than simply "good" on the next episode though. =/
May 26, 2011 8:36 PM

Nov 2009
I couldn't care less about KimiMashu pairing. If anything, it makes me cringe as she's not human, she's an asset, for crying out loud, pairing YouXYourFuture is plain sick. Thus, I could really do without that pairing.
The only interesting part of the ep was about Mikuni's past, which made it an OK ep, but I kinda expected more of it.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 26, 2011 9:07 PM

Sep 2009
Mashu is adorable. xD

That was an interesting episode though, didn't expect Mikuni to have been a ginger in the past but eh. Q reminds me somewhat of Mikuni's sister though, maybe it's just me or I'm just really oblivious to the fact that that may have been obvious. Who knows.
May 26, 2011 9:09 PM
Apr 2011
Oh my, Msyu is so hnnnnnnnng.

Q kind of looks like Mikuni's little sister. The entre is a sign of the future, right? Mikuni probably might've lost, or gained Takako back.
Interesting.
May 26, 2011 9:21 PM

Sep 2008
Despite not having much having forwarding the story, it was an extremely satisfying episode, both segments were. Hopefully the sister wakes up from her coma and dies or something so Mikuni can like move on or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2011 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
Blackbird said:
Mikuni sister died, that was predictable.
I took it as she fell into a coma since the subs read losing consciousness/hasn't opened her eyes since.

mystik said:
Mikuni's aspect reminds me of his sister for some reason, the voice? I wonder if there's a connection?
Yeah, I caught the similarity in his asset and his siter as well, but I can't place what it is. The eyes, maybe? *shrugs*

Mikuni's backstory was a lot better than Mashu's perspective, but it was all interesting just the same. We need to get some show-closing material thrown at us, though. Hopefully that, "Eh?" at the end will be something.
May 26, 2011 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
if he would kiss matsu , would he be killing a card?LOL

May 26, 2011 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
Crap, Takako!!!!!! Ugh, why are these man tears flowing even though I expected her to die?! Wow I didn't even know that was Mikuni until halfway through the episode. derp

Lol if him and his asset kiss, that'll be pretty weird.
May 26, 2011 10:05 PM

Oct 2010
Iilia said:
mystik said:
Yeah, I caught the similarity in his asset and his siter as well, but I can't place what it is. The eyes, maybe? *shrugs*
BINGO! It's exactly the eyes! It's really the only thing. Comparing in the spoiler
well, was I right? OMG just noticed hair style a little too.

Also considering Takako is in a coma it is possible her soul travelled into Q but I am not sure of this as if it did, how will she wake up? Perhaps she will not and as Q is gone so will she if that is the case. It would sure turn up a nasty twist to Mikuni.

May 26, 2011 10:29 PM

Oct 2009
Even though this one was just like Back-story and the thoughts of two main characters heads...this is probably my favorite Episode of the Series so fa, just like Background into Mikuni and Kimimaro + Mysu Developement and her thoughts and everything. Very Satisfying Episode.

I'm making a conjecture but since Q looks really like Takako and since an asset is the embodiment of ones Future, maybe Mikuni has Q as an asset to represent that in the future, Mikuni will find a way for Takako to get out of a Coma so if he loses even by a bit, the chance of Takako coming back lessens. Mikuni also has two other assets somehow (I wonder how you get more than 1) so they must be other representations of other parts of his future.
May 26, 2011 10:30 PM
Feb 2011
I'll take a wild guess here at what happened at the end:

Mikuni's building disappeared. lol
May 26, 2011 11:20 PM

Oct 2010
Scul said:
Mikuni also has two other assets somehow (I wonder how you get more than 1) so they must be other representations of other parts of his future.
That settles in once you buy out that asset. The key of getting the asset is to buy out its stocks totally as in all 10. Each asset has 10 of them and to save yourself in deals you sell out some of them except 1 so you can sell 9 of them. You can also buy them back like Kimimaro should since Mikuni did buy a part of his asset's stocks. Pretty much how it works. I am assuming the only way to buy all 10 is if the person goes bankrupt.

May 26, 2011 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
I liked Kimimaro running back to try and beat the shit outta those guys no matter the outcome all because it's what he wanted to do and wanted no regrets.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
May 26, 2011 11:36 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Scul said:
Mikuni also has two other assets somehow (I wonder how you get more than 1) so they must be other representations of other parts of his future.
That settles in once you buy out that asset. The key of getting the asset is to buy out its stocks totally as in all 10. Each asset has 10 of them and to save yourself in deals you sell out some of them except 1 so you can sell 9 of them. You can also buy them back like Kimimaro should since Mikuni did buy a part of his asset's stocks. Pretty much how it works. I am assuming the only way to buy all 10 is if the person goes bankrupt.

ah, I was wondering why Mysu said that he can spend only 9. I forgot about the owning thing.
May 27, 2011 12:01 AM

Sep 2007
Buildings missing? Businesses suddenly changing? Looks like the District's impact on the world is slowly becoming more apparent regardless of how much the Guild is trying to control it.

The romance attempt between Kimimaro and Msyu is kind of out of place but I guess it adds a bit of development for Msyu. I'd rather they not go towards such a generic way of development though.

Mikuni's background is just as cliched with the sickly sister, but there are just so many parallels here to be had between Mikuni's father and his relationship with his children. He is the perfect example of big corporations today. They're willing to forsake the working class and everybody else in order to save their own skin even if it means bleeding every dollar out of them.
May 27, 2011 12:13 AM

Sep 2009
i love this anime

Mashu x kimimaro is much better
May 27, 2011 12:26 AM

May 2011
I'm rooting for Mashu x kimimaro together!
I can't help but smile when i see them together in a scene!
May 27, 2011 12:28 AM
Feb 2011
With this series scheduled for 11 episodes, I highly doubt they can wrap everything up without a 2nd season or additional webcast. There's just too many questions to be answered.
May 27, 2011 12:31 AM
May 2010
If you closely looked into the road the car passed in Mikuni's part of the episode, you can see that it features The Empress next to Death (tarot cards). These really mean something when placed side-by-side, and it's all the more impressive in that it's apt to the episode itself.

I've also expanded upon the philosophical debate on temporality, and posted Q's monologue translated here.
May 27, 2011 12:51 AM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Iilia said:
mystik said:
BINGO! It's exactly the eyes! It's really the only thing. Comparing in the spoiler
well, was I right? OMG just noticed hair style a little too.

Also considering Takako is in a coma it is possible her soul travelled into Q but I am not sure of this as if it did, how will she wake up? Perhaps she will not and as Q is gone so will she if that is the case. It would sure turn up a nasty twist to Mikuni.

Same VA between his asset and his sister as well. Probably will lead to something later.
May 27, 2011 12:52 AM

Feb 2009
I for liked this episode for the backstory of Mikuni and the character development of the protagonists. It's fairly cliched, Mikuni's past is, but it's still an good insight of his character.
Mashyu's narration was nice. I agree that while it's a nice development, I hope it doesn't go that they will end up together.
And about the assets, Mikuni's sister looks like his asset Q. Now that I think about it, doesn't Mashyu look like Hanabi as well? Or not. I'm kind of in the group that thinks the CGI is fine in this show so my eyes may be bad.
Anyways, those disappearing building mean something bad. Looking forward to what's in store next.
May 27, 2011 1:01 AM
Feb 2011
physics223 said:
If you closely looked into the road the car passed in Mikuni's part of the episode, you can see that it features The Empress next to Death (tarot cards). These really mean something when placed side-by-side, and it's all the more impressive in that it's apt to the episode itself.

I've also expanded upon the philosophical debate on temporality, and posted Q's monologue translated here.

When did Q had a monologue? @_@
May 27, 2011 2:11 AM

Oct 2010
physics223 said:
According to your analysis of the tarot cards of Empress and Death as follows in the spoiler

It looks to me that Kimimaro will dumb Hanabi and any desire for her. He may most likely kiss Mashu and infatuate himself with her. This in turn may result in delivering grief to Mikuni through a alliance with Jennifer. It is also shown perhaps the building disappearing is just a foreshadow that a reality detachement is happening and attachment to the Financial District is settling with Kimimaro. That's what I understood from it.
physics223 said:
According the monologues of Q being translated in the spoiler

It looks to me that she is feeling love that she never felt before. That is rather interesting to think as the term of "Demons may develop what only those of God have" It's interesting to note that Takako should she be Q somehow (I mean her soul since she is in a coma) it makes sense to know that a spirit transfer in another body may be subjected to memory erasure but according to that monologues of Q she might be remember who she really is in reality. This in turn can have your Empress/Death tarots explanation apply to Q but as detaching from the financial district into reality. Once again excellent thinking, analysing and thinking. Makes me proud to do the same to other series. Keep it up, I am one of your fans.

May 27, 2011 2:37 AM

Dec 2010
for some reason, didn't really think this was cliche. sick family members ARE a little too over-used, but how many times in anime did a father deiberately let his daughter die? it was both unexpected and quite realistic to me... people sometimes do act like trash

on the other hand, rooting for kimimaro and mashu all the way :D
someone in the earlier comments mentioned how it's disgusting - falling in love with your future. but look at it this way: if you fall in love with someone, don't they BECOME your future at that point?
think about the kids who were their father's future in one earlier episode.
i see their definition of future as something you live for.

...on the other hand, even if it is disgusting, the couple doesn't make me squeal any less lol
May 27, 2011 3:01 AM

Dec 2009
The gravely ill sister was a tad cliché, but at least now we know what Mikuni is really fighting for to preserve. Mikuni's asset does look like his sister so that one seems obvious. And the charity guy from last episode had a huge ass angel, which could represent his future of being considered an angel/saint for his enormous contributions to charity work? Just speculating but it does give stuff to think about.
Ara ara.
May 27, 2011 3:41 AM

Feb 2011
interesting to see how mikuni changed, he once had personal dreams and interest, like a normal person, now he has nothing

mashu said: "it's said the assets are the form that an entre's lost future takes"
maybe it's a mistranslation, but doesn't this mean an asset simbolize what a person will lose in the end?
ZeandoMay 27, 2011 3:48 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 27, 2011 3:44 AM
May 2010
Yumekichi:

Thanks for the compliment. :) Appreciate your praise, it helps make me feel what I've done is worthwhile.

I took the monologue from the official site, by the way. They release monologues of a character each week. Someone translated it for me.
physics223May 27, 2011 3:50 AM
May 27, 2011 4:01 AM

May 2010
Yeah. Mikuni's character background was cliched but nice insights anyway.
Masyu's reflections on her entre was great too.
Although, Im not sure about their future as a pair.
May 27, 2011 5:35 AM
Apr 2010
They made the brother-sister thing dramatic that I felt sooooo bad.
May 27, 2011 5:51 AM

Jan 2009
The horrible CGI. щ(゚Д゚щ)
And Yoga still being a faggot is somewhat annoying by now.
Mikuni's past story because, why? I don't see how it affects anything at all.

Also, that's one weak cliffhanger.

<insert some a few lines on the resemblance between Q and Takako, as well as the nature of assets in comparison to the entre's future here>
I was going to write some on it, but I couldn't phrase it coherently enough. Oh well. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 27, 2011 5:53 AM

May 2010
I guess mikunis father deliberately focused on work, to reduce the effect a loss would have on his kids
May 27, 2011 6:34 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see some back story on Mikuni. A father who puts his business before his family, wow. Even though she didn't want to leave Japan anyway, it was still harsh to cancel her treatment abroad. I'm pretty certain Q resembles Mikuni's little sister in the future. Very interesting.

What's also very interesting is the development between Kimimaro and Mashu! "What's kissing?" "I wanna try it!". =3

I wonder what Kimimaro noticed in the end!

May 27, 2011 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
Best episode so far, sad there's only 4 more eps left.
May 27, 2011 7:49 AM
Sep 2007
It seems Mikuni's father is voiced by the Uchiha Madara's seiyuu.
May 27, 2011 8:20 AM

Nov 2009
Just finished rewatching the ep. The young Souichiro is still seriously cute with that confused look in his eyes and pretty cool with ginger hair.

His motivations are clearer now too: he wants to save Japan, because his sister loved the country, and he wants to make the present, not the future, livable for people to the max, because his sister lived in the present moment, having no future.

I'm afraid I'm gonna seriously hate Kimimaro when the two clash as the OP hints...

BTW, about the semblance of Takako and Q. There's another point, besides the eyes and hair style, I think. Takako lost consciousness and "sleeping", and Q is sleepy most of the time too.

Still don't care for the second part of the ep, but in love with the first.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 27, 2011 8:51 AM

May 2010
nearing Mashu x Kimimaro, nice! xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 27, 2011 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
CG said:

BTW, about the semblance of Takako and Q. There's another point, besides the eyes and hair style, I think. Takako lost consciousness and "sleeping", and Q is sleepy most of the time too.

:O
So "Assets are the Entre's lost future" makes perfect sense now.
I also agree that the mikuni part was good and the masyu part was shit.
May 27, 2011 11:54 AM

Oct 2009
What's with the abrupt ending!? DX
May 27, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
Nice episode even though I didn't feel like it advanced the plot that much. Not a big deal for me except there's only 4 eps left...

Mikuni's past was interesting even though I thought he already mentioned it before. The last part with Yoga and Mashu was pretty cute as well.
May 27, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
I really liked the first half with some backstory with Mikuni but the second half was weak sauce. =/
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.