Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 26, 2011 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That kiss between Kinji and Shirayuki was so close

but they had to get interrupted. Damn got a strong heart beat there.

OK folks! Meet a sneak peak at Durandal and enter the magic side of the ice element as follows,

Magic users are coming in. The whole ice thing is insane. Guns and swords? ROFL you kidding me? Ice can break those anytime even a flying bullet can be stopped mid air. This is like Index now except it's when law enforcement meets the occult the action and insanity starts of multitude possibilities.
Yumekichi11May 26, 2011 11:01 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 26, 2011 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
That scene where Kinji and Aria argued was not very emotional as I expected, it was very rush. I can understand Kinji for not believing Aria as she had no proof, but his carelessness is unforgivable.

What a silent eyecatch. No, I should say silent episode.

Kinji backing off from that kiss is unbelievable, and not noticing Shirayuki's problem is even worse.

Reki had very little screentime, but she made a very big contribution to the party. YEAH! BTW, LN said that she shot that from 2km away.

But man, Durandal played smart to get them down to the warehouse. They cannot use guns and Shirayuki cannot use her power, while Durandal can use her ice as she please.

And finally, Aria the lifesaver. Damn fool Kinji should be grateful now.

Looking forward to intense battle and hot Shirayuki next week. Oh, and Durandal's cuteness too.
Well, looking at the preview it seems J.C.STAFF know how to keep secret.
KaitoDashMay 26, 2011 11:55 AM
May 26, 2011 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
- That scene where Kinji and Aria argued was not very emotional as I expected, it was very rush.
Yeah I find it too. As usual could you supply the LN part of this to show how much superior it is.
KaitoDash said:
- Kinji is a clumsy guy in more ways than Romance. He really failed as a bodyguard. What kind of bodyguard would leave his client alone.

As usually you were right of Durandal taking advantage of that but that kiss! I know about it but this was the perfect moment to have there! The beach! The night! The lights! Stupid Kinji! Like Aria said last episode.
KaitoDash said:
- But man, Durandal played smart to get them down to the warehouse. They cannot use guns and Shirayuki cannot use her power.
Ok why would they not use guns less the ricochet is dangerous or like I said it has something to do with the ice thus the temperature thus gunpowder does not light after a certain minus is reached.

Also why would Shirayuki not be able to use her powers?

May 26, 2011 12:10 PM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
KaitoDash said:
- But man, Durandal played smart to get them down to the warehouse. They cannot use guns and Shirayuki cannot use her power.
Ok why would they not use guns less the ricochet is dangerous or like I said it has something to do with the ice thus the temperature thus gunpowder does not light after a certain minus is reached.

Because that underground warehouse is packed with gunpowder. Any missed shot will blow the whole school flying. And of course Shirayuki cannot use her power because her power is fiery hinted when she ask Kinji about fire at the beach. That's why I said Shirayuki is hot (in many meanings).
May 26, 2011 12:22 PM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
KaitoDash said:
Because that underground warehouse is packed with gunpowder. Any missed shot will blow the whole school flying. And of course Shirayuki cannot use her power because her power is fiery hinted when she ask Kinji about fire at the beach. That's why I said Shirayuki is hot (in many meanings).
Oh shit! Gunpowder! Damn! What a sly person Durandal is. So Shirayuki's element is fire, well now it makes sense as to why should Durandal fear her as in she of the opposite faction of elements as him. Still that kiss! OMG! BAKA KINJI! Indeed this time.

May 26, 2011 4:36 PM
Jun 2009
Ability users, swords and guns what more can you ask for in a great anime. Oh yeah needs to slow down and a better subbing group would be nice gg did decent the first few eps but now its starting to be borderline troll subs yeah the tl notes were good at first but now it just have joke half useful. and its about time reki started showing up more. The differences between the novel and hte show become more and more apparent for instance in hte novel reki noticed the water from a drain was flowing odd from a great distance and used her sniper rifle to draw a arrow pointing in that direction and kinji entered the wharehouse via the drain well anyway just shows how much they chnage it
ROOMA4HELLMay 27, 2011 12:00 PM
May 26, 2011 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
Like always JC changed a few little things.

Other than that all i have to say is: Needs moar Reki.

May 26, 2011 6:57 PM

Mar 2011
Agreed, needs more Reki ;) ..Anyways, seems to be rushed and slow at the same time..as in they just flew through everything that happened without very much substance..
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
May 26, 2011 7:25 PM

Sep 2010
You know I really wanted more Aria , since the love scene was stopped l.

You know I was expecting a no I like someone else lol.
May 26, 2011 7:27 PM

Jun 2010
Everything seemed to rushed so quickly. They needed to slow down a bit. The ice power seemed awesome. Unable to use guns, I wonder how will they get out of this mess.

I don't want to whine, but what was with that bad grammar. I almost didn't understand half of the story because of it

May 26, 2011 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
So Durandal finally shows up. But they didn't show her face. *pouts* I want to see that ice user's face. I think this'll be a good fight. With three against one, they can surely get out of it.

And that kiss...was sooo close. Thought I knew that would happen...still...fuuu. What a downer.
May 26, 2011 8:35 PM

Mar 2011
zzz, the subbed version that came out was all trollz, waiting for a good subbed and understandable version of it :S
Courtesy of Paul
May 26, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2009
That was the most painful thing I've ever watched. xD The subs were a pain, they were tolerable but watching this became more about translating the subs into comprehensible English before the next line of the subs came than watching the actual show.

Deeerp, despite that the ending was pretty interesting. Well, sorta. I just want to see who this Durandal person is.
May 26, 2011 8:39 PM

Nov 2009
13man18 said:
Everything seemed to rushed so quickly. They needed to slow down a bit. The ice power seemed awesome. Unable to use guns, I wonder how will they get out of this mess.

I don't want to whine, but what was with that bad grammar. I almost didn't understand half of the story because of it

From what I could see they did a much more literal translation, instead of moving the sentences to make sense in English grammar they left them in the same position as spoken in Japanese. Thankfully I know some Japanese and enough grammar of it to follow what was going on, though at times I couldn't even figure out what the translators were trying to say...The odd thing is they seem to be the same translators as usual so I'm not sure what happened with them.

Interesting episode overall.
May 26, 2011 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
I think the subs turned this way because YODA is the one who is subbing it...
conquer the dark side, you will!
May 26, 2011 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
These subs.....just lol.

Moving on, baka Kinji sucks. Worst bodyguard EVER.
May 26, 2011 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
Proper subs aren't out yet and got delayed.

Kinji lacks balls, If he's in hysteria it would be an interesting scene.
May 26, 2011 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
Magito said:
Proper subs aren't out yet and got delayed. Kinji lacks balls, If he's in hysteria it would be an interesting scene.
The poor guy just hates that mode and cannot appreciate its benefits while its vices overwhelm his hatred of that mode.

May 26, 2011 9:45 PM
Mar 2010

Easily the best part of the entire episode.
May 26, 2011 10:42 PM

Aug 2008
ok wtf it feels as if yoda's been talking to me this entire episode >< the subbing is done soooo horribly.
May 26, 2011 10:50 PM

Mar 2010
Iazrien said:
ok wtf it feels as if yoda's been talking to me this entire episode >< the subbing is done soooo horribly.

The sub quality was absolutely amazing. I mean the speed and perfection of these subs really blew my socks off. I at one point during the episode was crying at the tremendous effort and dedication put into this episode's sub it was simply beautiful... [gg] is just an amazing fan-sub group they are simply perfect. Every aspect is mind blowing just no flaws at all. One should learn from their subbing. They set great standards and show a good example fan-sub gone good. They even kindly put a nice Star Wars reference and even opted the only option for me to read it in Yoda's voice who could've thought!
Perfection, all should learn from [gg].
AKA stay the fuck away.
May 26, 2011 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
Iazrien said:

That's GG idiotic way of thinking that they're cool by trolling the viewers.

Anyways about the episode:

I had few hopes that Kinji would turn out to be a good male character and I was right.

Like always, in a series like this, we just had to get a retarded Main character that can't handle the situation and makes things worse.
May 26, 2011 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
You guys want to drool at how Durandal looks like with a sword she uses? You girls think you can handle yourselves with a possible yuri temptation over the attractions of Durandal? Looks no further than the spoiler
it will blow you away. I seriously jizzed my pants. I so am making GIFs of her and I so want a amazing avatar of her in action provided it happens right in the next episode. Durandal is absolutely beautiful not to mention a excellent mix of features. Perhaps could be another Sora but better.

A buddy of mind filled me on the serious aspect of the LN which did not get conveyed properly with gloomy and augmentative scene of Aria/Kinji in this episode. It is a little long to read but might be worth the time of those who would like to see what the whole scene was supposed to really be from the LN in the spoiler

May 26, 2011 11:10 PM

May 2009
Hasta La Vista oh GG you. I will probably need to rewatch this again with better subs, but I don't mind it was pretty funny. Having watched so much anime and having them translate at least the basic I am able to put it together somewhat. It kind of bugged me a bit though as this episode did have some quality. (and by that I mean lots of delicious Shirayuki and her boob plus hardly any of that little of the annoying little child named Aria popping her head on the screen. )

Goood times good times. Kinda wish their would have been a kiss though. Oh well this is pretty much a harem anime he'll get her next time.
May 26, 2011 11:30 PM

Dec 2010
So wait, Durandal's a girl? And cute one for that matter? Whaaattt?!? This is madness! No. This is Hidan no Aria.

On another note: YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH REKI! :DDDD

May 27, 2011 12:31 AM
Oct 2010
Iazrien said:
LOL... When that perspective you embrace, funny it may become.

It really seems like Yoda is the new member in gg's fansubs...

... I think google translator would have done a better job (not a great one, but better than this.)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 27, 2011 12:57 AM

Feb 2008
oh, so Durandal's another damn sexy bitch? hell yeah!

oh gg, oh... WTF IS WITH THE SUBS?! seriously, i'm having a hard time understanding the seemingly incomprehensible grammar...

hasta la vista? what's that, a Terminator reference? or just trolling? oh god gg... what the hell...

anyway, good episode... not much Aria is quite good too...

but the subs, damn...
May 27, 2011 3:21 AM

Jan 2009
To the subs, attention I found myself paying.
Oh gg, I hope they keep picking the worst show every season, giving it the best subs possible. "Do the kiss."
Hilarious, them subs are.
And then Aria has to ruin it by appearing out of nowhere in the end. And here I was thinking there was almost just about the right amount of her in the episode.

And I would hereby want to express my sincerest gratitude to the multitudes of people who still aren't aware that gg is trolling, because these people make these threads oh so fun.

:Effort:, like Yoda, writing is. Props to gg for actually doing it.
OosranMay 27, 2011 7:21 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 27, 2011 5:34 AM
Mar 2008
"Hasta la vista". Ahahah, that cracked me up.
Kinji still lacks balls.
May 27, 2011 6:25 AM

Feb 2009
A hard time reading the subs, I had.
A headache, I have.
And now, Shirayuki, I like.
But pretty lame and useless, Kinji was.
May 27, 2011 6:40 AM

Mar 2008
So, Yoda is the Terminator?
May 27, 2011 7:21 AM

Apr 2011
Subs where done by Yoda...using google translate. XD
May 27, 2011 7:27 AM

Aug 2008
DesolateOne said:
So wait, Durandal's a girl? And cute one for that matter? Whaaattt?!? This is madness! No. This is Hidan no Aria.
agent535 said:
oh, so Durandal's another damn sexy bitch? hell yeah!
Now look, guys, this is actually an EXPANDING harem anime. We have to prepare for girls coming up.
For example: one or two more lolis, cute antagonists becomes protagonists, a kouhai, a meganekko, and there are seven of Hotogi siblings.
May 27, 2011 11:23 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
KaitoDash said:
- That scene where Kinji and Aria argued was not very emotional as I expected, it was very rush.
Yeah I find it too. As usual could you supply the LN part of this to show how much superior it is.
KaitoDash said:
- Kinji is a clumsy guy in more ways than Romance. He really failed as a bodyguard. What kind of bodyguard would leave his client alone.

As usually you were right of Durandal taking advantage of that but that kiss! I know about it but this was the perfect moment to have there! The beach! The night! The lights! Stupid Kinji! Like Aria said last episode.
KaitoDash said:

I guess if Kinji would have kissed Shirayuki, then his Hysteria Mode would have been activated, baka kinji, Aria to the rescue.......Ya know, I really like if Kinji would have made Shirayuki his love interest rather than with Aria.
May 27, 2011 12:31 PM

Apr 2010
Being shot at by a good looking girl with a Dragunov sounds very exciting i would pay for that!!

Durandal played his cards rather nicely it was clear he was trying to drive Aria and Kinji apart and he succeeded as well but it didn't seem like Aria left side of Kinji or her goal.
I figured she would be nearby tho she did make a close call of it before saving Kinji.

Shirayuki not informing Kinji that she had been contacted by Durandal seems kind of strange unless he threatened her not to inform Kinji.
She is very modest about her powers but confident enough in them to face Durandal alone without informing anyone.
And i that teacher would not have noticed then the only one who would have knew something of her actions would be Reki.

I wonder when Kinji will learn to use his hysteria mode without having to be aroused, tho it seems to me that the will isn't there to do so.
The fact that he was trying to change schools also seems to suggest this.
And i wonder if he can be motivated to actually stay there.

Again the evil EU and i agree that there evil i mean they steal my tax money and give it to corrupt politicians in Greece who claim there country is bankrupt and still demand better salary!
May 27, 2011 1:34 PM
Jun 2010
So look forward to these episodes every week and then have to get enraged when I see GG subs. I only made it 4 minutes into the episode before I had to stop watching. DDOS anyone...

I really hope Zleep is trolling up in their post about the subs being good...seriously.
May 27, 2011 1:41 PM

Oct 2009
GG had good subs until this one and this is where things start to become really annoying. At first, it was funny until I could HARDLY understand what they're saying. (In other words, rewatch this later I will so I can properly understand this.)

Otherwise, good episode nonetheless.
We'll see what happens next.

May 27, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2009
Always thought: "WTF are they saying there?" xDDD Shitty subs. Who translated this?

Episode was also very plain and boring. I had higher expectations for the series.
May 27, 2011 5:15 PM

Nov 2010
Zleep said:
Iazrien said:

The sub quality was absolutely amazing. I mean the speed and perfection of these subs really blew my socks off. I at one point during the episode was crying at the tremendous effort and dedication put into this episode's sub it was simply beautiful... [gg] is just an amazing fan-sub group they are simply perfect. Every aspect is mind blowing just no flaws at all. One should learn from their subbing. They set great standards and show a good example fan-sub gone good. They even kindly put a nice Star Wars reference and even opted the only option for me to read it in Yoda's voice who could've thought!
Perfection, all should learn from [gg].
AKA stay the fuck away.

[sarcasm][/sarcasm] ???

May 27, 2011 5:23 PM
Feb 2011
Well, gg's subs were annoying. I'll have to rewatch it again when better subs become available. Seeing more of Shirayuki made me happy and next time we'll see the fight against Durandal.
May 27, 2011 5:30 PM

Oct 2010
Anyone know where I can watch this episode with decent subs? All the versions I find have been subbed by a ..... rather..... inexperienced subber :(
May 27, 2011 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
well putting the bad english grammar (my god.. I understood what they said.. 8D;; partly..)

ok'ish episode I guess,
:I ..only thing that made it interesting was the fact that gg subs got lazy and did a lot of bad english .. LOL
May 27, 2011 6:05 PM

Sep 2009
SwordWielder said:
I think the subs turned this way because YODA is the one who is subbing it...
conquer the dark side, you will!
Yes exactly what I was thinking. I mean really? I just had to stop mid-way after that fight scene between Kinji and Aria because the subs were in the dialect of Yoda
Prime Example:
May 27, 2011 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
For a short moment, I thought Reki turned out to be a bad character since she shot Kinji. Good thing it wasn't like that. Not yet XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 27, 2011 6:28 PM
May 2011
dear god can someone please just smash teh subbers computor, at first they were just annoying by trying to hard to be funney but now this is just pissing me off,
May 27, 2011 6:32 PM
May 2011
DenjaX said:
For a short moment, I thought Reki turned out to be a bad character since she shot Kinji. Good thing it wasn't like that. Not yet XDD
if ive learned anything from this type of show,

everyone will betray everyone else at some point, look at shakugan no shan, everyone screws someone else over at some point, eevn shan and whatever the bland MC of the shows name was, yuji i think. sorry hes relay forgetable
May 27, 2011 7:18 PM
Apr 2011
subs.............can't.............................read ;_;
May 27, 2011 7:22 PM

Aug 2010
I thought for sure the kiss would happen. Oh well, still a good episode with a lot of good action.
May 27, 2011 9:15 PM
Apr 2010
Drago643 said:
Well, gg's subs were annoying. I'll have to rewatch it again when better subs become available. Seeing more of Shirayuki made me happy and next time we'll see the fight against Durandal.
we all got trolled by gg.... once again.
May 27, 2011 9:24 PM

Apr 2009
It was a pretty good episode, although there wasn't enough Aria for me.
I really wanted to strangle whoever subbed this episode because it made it so dang hard to read. D:<
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.