Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 2011 5:39 AM

May 2011
Since I was introduced to Dougram thanks to MAL and seeing as how it has become one of my all-time favorite anime, I thought I'd start a topic in the forums: And what could be better than a topic focusing on the show's many great characters. So, who was your favorite?

As for me, I had to go with Lecoque, who I thought was a terrific villain. I especially liked how the show spent almost as much time focusing on him and his machinations as the struggles of the heroes.
Jun 16, 2011 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
I agree. The fact that I got really mad at him in one of the episode really proved his effectiveness as a villain. I also really liked Denon Cashim. He did things for the good of humanity. The last scene between him and his son was really touching.
Jun 19, 2011 9:30 PM

Feb 2008
Lecoque, Denon, Crinn, Rocky, to name a few... lots of great characters.

I think Lecoque was definitely one of the most compelling and realistic villains I've ever seen (if you even want to label him as a "villain"), probably since LOGH (he'd fit right in that series for sure). So yeah, every single time he came on the screen I was tuned in 110%. Good stuff.
Jun 22, 2011 8:30 AM

May 2011
In many ways I consider Lecoque to be the true villain of the show. Yes, Denon is the de-facto leader of the antagonistic fraction but he also had the well-being of Earth in mind when he decided to deny Deloyer it's independence. Lecoque on the other hand was always looking out for number one and sought only to satisfy his own ambitions. At times, I could understand why he got so resentful towards Denon; being an effective and (seemingly) loyal secretary and then being passed over for a promotion in favor of the boss's son in law must surely sting a bit. Than again, Denon's statement that Lecoque was ambitious (or was it effective?) but lacked conscience turned out to be pretty accurate.

This show had so many great characters. Even those that annoyed me when they first appeared, like Heckel, grew on me as the story continued to unfold.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to go and hug a baby.
Apr 21, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
A lot of great characters in this series my favorite has to be Major Zaltsev as general in the federation he was limited in what he can do as a leader because of politics, when he joined the guerrilla force he showed his full brilliance as a commander , general , tactician and leader because he was trusted and granted full military control. It was kind of funny when he hadn't even fully joined or he wasn't even sure he wanted to join the guerrillas, he learned of the critical situation they were in at the moment he started giving orders and strategies right away and was respected and obeyed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taiyou no Kiba Dagram Episode 73 Discussion

BaronLukis - Sep 2, 2023

0 by BaronLukis »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Taiyou no Kiba Dagram Episode 72 Discussion

BaronLukis - Sep 2, 2023

0 by BaronLukis »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Taiyou no Kiba Dagram Episode 70 Discussion

BaronLukis - Sep 2, 2023

0 by BaronLukis »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:36 AM

Poll: » Taiyou no Kiba Dagram Episode 69 Discussion

BaronLukis - Sep 2, 2023

0 by BaronLukis »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Taiyou no Kiba Dagram Episode 67 Discussion

BaronLukis - Sep 2, 2023

0 by BaronLukis »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.