Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2016
dakara4 said:
HoTTab1CH said:

Ah, thats actually good that you are watching it now, you will find out why later.

ttu ttu ruuu..
u r sure ^^
but if i saw steins gate 5 years ago, i see another anime now^^

You didn't understand what I meant) Come back after finishing)
Ah yea, and have fun soon :)
Sep 21, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
HoTTab1CH said:
dakara4 said:

ttu ttu ruuu..
u r sure ^^
but if i saw steins gate 5 years ago, i see another anime now^^

You didn't understand what I meant) Come back after finishing)
Ah yea, and have fun soon :)

ok:)
Oct 8, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2016
that was a confusing ending didn't know if that nigga a boy or a girl
Nov 27, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2015
I really hope Ruka does get his wish to become a girl
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 26, 2017 7:21 PM

Jan 2016
This is getting really good, this series just gets better and better. Ah, I'm tense!

That scene of comic relief with Kurisu staring at Ruka's outfit was adorable. Hell, Ruka is adorable all around. Does he not understand that I like him more as a boy? It's really cute. I wonder if he's straight, gay, bi, or what. One way or another, he should be proud of who he is.

Also, how can Okarin know for sure that he's still male? I mean, Tuturu (or whatever her name is) called him "-chan", which has a feminine ring to it.

P.S. I'd be surprised if all that changed is his gender...Chaos Theory/the Butterfly Effect suggests that the littlest of changes should lead to a domino effect of increasingly more dystrophic alterations in their timeline. Although, that ending gave me hope...
primaskiJan 26, 2017 7:24 PM
Mar 9, 2017 5:23 PM
Jun 2013
so the new powers are called reading steiner. balls or not I would so hit that line had me dieing. I wonder where glasses girl disappeared to and okabe does rather have a hard challenge to find out if this guy turned into a chick without coming off like a creep.
Mar 20, 2017 1:41 PM

May 2013
lol Ruka prolly did become a girl haha. He just can't really tell CUZ MY RUKA IS FUCKING ADORABLE BOTH WAYS <3333333333
Apr 25, 2017 7:45 PM

Nov 2015
Okarin WTF!!! You already had 2 uncertain world line shifts and now you just made 2 more... and they were even for other people's intentions... you really live up to your name, huh, Hououin Kyouma!

Before: "Please tell me more about the time machine", Ruka-kun
After: "Sorry I'm busy..", Ruka-chan

World line shifts so far.. (no future spoilers)

Rewatching for the 4th time.
AX3MApr 25, 2017 8:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2017 5:39 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch - BD version]

And so, the timeline divergence rate starts to slowly drift away...

Small changes and now big changes. Okabe, you are messing with things far beyond your comprehension.

This anime is the best.
Jun 23, 2017 5:41 AM

Dec 2009
He's hopping too many world lines. Altering the past is definitely going to bite him in the ass sooner or later.

Still not sure if I understand everything that is going on, but I think I'm finally getting the jist of it.
Jul 14, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2014
How in the world does Okabe not realize that sending a mail back in time to 20 years ago would trigger far too many changes? That's a huge volume of time and an extraordinary number of events. And he let's that happen again with Faris!

And what sort of Mad Scientist hasn't heard of the butterfly effect?
Jul 25, 2017 2:21 PM
Mar 2016
this is so intense, i wonder what changed
Mar 25, 2018 1:44 AM

Dec 2014
Transience said:
How in the world does Okabe not realize that sending a mail back in time to 20 years ago would trigger far too many changes? That's a huge volume of time and an extraordinary number of events. And he let's that happen again with Faris!

And what sort of Mad Scientist hasn't heard of the butterfly effect?

My thoughts exactly. When Okabe agreed to that I was quite literally STRESSED. It's just too uncertain and too big of a period of time. They couldn't have known how the past would have altered and that's just WAY too risky.
Aug 14, 2018 4:57 PM

Aug 2017
Reading-steiner is a cool power.

Another time travel. In this new timeline, Moeka didn't join. In the other new timeline, I think Ruka became a girl. I have a bad feeling about changing the past as far back as 17 years. This is the first time that they do something like that.

Kurisu's reaction upon learning that Ruka is a boy was funny lol.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 25, 2018 2:29 AM

Mar 2016
Ah yes, a group photo! Something that'll give people nostalgia.

Oh crap! Good thing Moeka is not entirely wiped out from existence! Only the fact that she never met other members of the lab.

Congrats of Ruka for being a new member of the mad scientist gang!
Ruka wants to be a girl? I think that's for the better seeing how much he already looked and act like a girl.

Yes, there it is! The reaction I was hoping to see, Kurisu's reaction after learning about Ruka's actual gender, that was that hilarious!!! Just what I was really hoping for!

Ohhh, I have a bad feeling about this. If Ruka is still a guy, some major thing must've happened. Maybe a huge event occurred?!

Oh, so my assumption was correct! Okabe does indeed have an ability called 'Reading-Steiner' to retain his memories even after the history has changed.
Mar 12, 2019 4:53 AM

Feb 2019
That was the most tense episode so far. Everytime they send a text message I think someone's going to die xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 22, 2019 6:04 PM

Jul 2013
The excitement what has happened when they used the D-Mail is killing me. So Ruka is now really a girl? I wonder if there are any consequences for this. I also have a bad feeling about how often they're changing the past.

Jun 27, 2019 6:10 AM

Dec 2018
That experiment with Moeka doesn't make any sense, except this show mentioned that she didn't change her phone number. Or maybe she could be plotting something, Okabe should've asked about the number.

Okabe forgot that flat girl existed.
Kish0Jun 27, 2019 6:14 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 28, 2019 4:39 AM

Feb 2018
So basically a science fiction tells you that eating vegetables during pregnancy will give you a girl? Nice.

Also, Okabe's ability doesn't make any sense in a science fiction.
Jul 29, 2019 9:47 PM

May 2016
ThatShiny_Hex said:
So basically a science fiction tells you that eating vegetables during pregnancy will give you a girl? Nice.

Also, Okabe's ability doesn't make any sense in a science fiction.

No, the series doesn't want to tell you that eating vegetables will give you a girl (Kurisu and Okabe even said that eating habits doesn't affect the gender of the child - so you can know that the author are aware of this fact). This Lukako's case was meant to show us the butterfly effect.

Do you know what the term "science-fiction" means? It combines science with FICTION! :OOOO Tadaaaaaa! So why doesn't make any sense Okabe's ability?
-
Sep 7, 2019 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
"Even more win" Looks like our thought aligned mister Daru a.k.a. Super Hakah

Nov 13, 2019 10:59 PM

Mar 2016
Fuck, I hated this episode.

Write out the best character, Moeka, to make room for the moronic worst character, the obnoxious trap.

I don't think I've ever seen a character as unlikable and stupid as this one; I get annoyed by the pandering that goes on with transexuals in real life and it's just as bad in anime, especially since this utterly bland and idiotic character is not only painted as sympathetic, but even likable. Yeah, piss off with that notion. I'm not biting into that shit sandwich.

And that pathetic pseudo-logic of "eat meat or vegetables to change your baby's gender".
Hey, genius, the sperm that created you either has an X or Y chromosome; and when it fertilizes, that's it. It doesn't change. You get that chromosome; the father is responsible for gender, and it's already happened after you're conceived. The mother plays zero role in it.

Holy fuck. The fact a show that's trying to approach time travel realistically entertaining such a braindead notion is embarrassing; I mean, I think the character is obviously supposed to be retarded, but it was still humored; and that's the worst part.

If this character becomes a main focus, I'm tempted to drop this anime. Worst character in anime, I say. I was honesty hoping it would've wanted to wipe itself out of existing after hearing the group freak out they did the same to Moeka. Too bad.

1/5; anymore like this and consider this anime so fucking dropped.

I think this series knows better and is implying since it was such a large timeskip, that's what changed the past; but if it actually humors this notion for fanservice for its worst character, I'm so done.

Hell, even the fact the discussion here has you people actually saying "I think he became a girl" is even more worrying.
You should spend less time watching anime and more time paying attention in middle school.
CrimsonCWNov 13, 2019 11:05 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 8, 2020 11:33 AM
Dec 2019
The treatment of Ruka's gender is super disappointing. The misgendering has really not aged well, and Kurisu's groping of Ruka's chest made things even worse.
May 29, 2020 8:28 AM
Apr 2019
'Actually i'm a boi' XD I died
Aug 5, 2020 3:52 AM

Jul 2020
I doesn’t make sense if Ruka became a girl because it doesn’t have anything to do with food. But I’m guessing something else changed that have a huge impact. Going back 17 years ago was a big deal.
Sep 10, 2020 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
Daru's opinions and thoughts are is random and funny, haha.

Soraaaxii said:
I doesn’t make sense if Ruka became a girl because it doesn’t have anything to do with food. But I’m guessing something else changed that have a huge impact. Going back 17 years ago was a big deal.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts after this episode. That one information about eating vegetables to have a healthy child generated consequences affected by the Butterfly Effect, meaning that this one message could've led to something else that actually caused the change of Ruka's gender back when he was still a fetus and in the end became a female in the new reality that was created due to meddling with the past timeline.
Mar 1, 2021 4:37 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode!
gawbyMar 6, 2021 5:44 AM
Mar 17, 2021 2:02 PM

Dec 2020
Those cricket-sounds still keep reminding me of higurashi. Nice continuity episode.
Mar 17, 2021 4:27 PM

May 2016
Cricket sounds? You mean the cicadas?
-
Mar 31, 2021 9:22 AM

Feb 2019
World changing events are dangerous, this time it changes a person's biological sex, and it's a success.

Don't know about you but seeing Okabe jumping world lines like this is really scary. Seconds before sending the D-mail Daru was sitting in front of Okabe, after sending he sat at the PC. What if a D-mail makes Daru disappear completely, it's chilling to think about.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 15, 2021 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
Woah. This is actually one of the first times where I've ever seen an anime character have gender identity issues. And I've seen roughly 80-100 different anime at this point. I know the Japanese culture is different, and a lot of times, issues dealing with gender can be very exaggerated or comedic. The few times I've seen characters openly desire a gender change or insecurity, it was REALLY comedic or corny.
Other times, anime simply depict young males with feminine tendencies... but never actually tackle the dilemma in a serious light. But Steins;Gate incorporated the concept into the plot really well. Such a realistic depiction, based on what I've seen IRL. Maybe I'm overanalyzing. And maybe Japan has a completely different outlook/perspective on gender identity, than America -- not to mention this anime is from over a decade ago. But I think this was executed brilliantly.

I like the last scene how Okarin doesn't notice any obvious changes, but it is implied that something has indeed changed. And I like how not even the viewer can discern if Ruko changed genders. The meat/veggie concept seems kind of sketchy, but to go through the lengths of researching pagers and finding the number -- I feel like the anime is implying that those lengths would entail change. But I'm overthinking again.

I do hate the Moeka character tbh -- I'm sure she's significant to the plot, but I just dislike her. But her disappearance is quite interesting. She's mysterious to begin with, but her blatant deception in this episode leaves the audience to wonder about her true nature. Why did she choose to undo her time at the lab? Also, in the past she tried stealing the IBN. hMmMm. I don't like'er but I'm curious what her involvement is.

Overall, I love Okarin , Daru, and the redhead; although, the other characters are kind of meh, and Mayuri REALLY gets on my nerves. Literally everything that comes out of her mouth irritates me 🥶 Tuturuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Regardless, this episode in particular was truly the best episode yet. This isn't a bad anime by any means, but it seemed relatively average. But things are picking up and making me think.
Best. Episode. So. Far.
And I'm anticipating the other 'special' episodes people have been referencing, whatever that means hehe
removed-userJun 15, 2021 2:58 AM
Jun 30, 2021 3:53 PM

Apr 2018
Fuck man, I wanted to see Ruka as a GIRL. NOT AS A TRAP! Sadly it failed, something else changed. Makise insulting them for pervert as usual. The OST is just too scary for me lol , idk why. Daru's reactions are always so funny. And Rin's ability is pretty amazing.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 2, 2021 7:01 AM

May 2020
Ruka probably didn't become a girl so I think something bad happened to Ruka's mum
Jul 5, 2021 12:25 AM

Mar 2018
This show continues to leave me yearning for more with each episode. Something about this anime so far that feels perfectly executed to the tee, the way they choose to sprinkle it's pace and plot is done so well, it really feels like they found a razor cut balance that feels just right.
Celest__Jul 5, 2021 11:26 PM
Jul 21, 2021 10:32 AM
Dec 2017
Yep Ruka a girl is now a dude.

Aug 15, 2021 6:15 PM

Jun 2020
ok so how dafuq he got reading steiner
Oct 12, 2021 6:34 PM

Jan 2021
I’ve just been victimized by a fierce psychological attack! This is bad! My soul…My soul is being devoured!

Nov 30, 2021 1:53 PM
Oct 2020

luka kun is no longer cute femboy
F
Mar 12, 2022 7:34 AM

Nov 2015
If anything, Mayuri now calls Luka "Luka-chan" instead of "Luka-kun". That's a dead giveaway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2022 3:56 PM

Jun 2020
yay, raka chan got her wish ! im really glad she or mayuri werent blipped out of existence o_O
May 10, 2022 6:12 PM
Jan 2022
I really hope Ruka can get (their?) wish. I feel the show at this point is hinting that Ruka's gender change would have a massive effect on the world, i.e Chaos Theory
Aug 11, 2022 1:08 PM
Apr 2021
Things are becoming more interesting
Sep 5, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 2022
i didnt get what happened in the end but pretty good episode
Sep 8, 2022 12:52 AM
Apr 2020
neonevangelist said:
The treatment of Ruka's gender is super disappointing. The misgendering has really not aged well, and Kurisu's groping of Ruka's chest made things even worse.
This this. I hate when the protagonist says “ but he’s a boy” it’s like, have you even asked him/her on what he/she identifies as?
Sep 8, 2022 1:10 AM

May 2016
Sympho0 said:
neonevangelist said:
This this. I hate when the protagonist says “ but he’s a boy” it’s like, have you even asked him/her on what he/she identifies as?

He refers to himself as "boku", which is a male pronoun in Japanese. So he identifies himself as a boy. Please do some research before you start to bring up some PC bullshit without no reason.
-
Sep 8, 2022 3:41 AM
Apr 2020
SciADV_Maniac said:
Sympho0 said:

He refers to himself as "boku", which is a male pronoun in Japanese. So he identifies himself as a boy. Please do some research before you start to bring up some PC bullshit without no reason.
Never knew gender identities are “PC culture” lmao that’s some bs crap right here
Sep 8, 2022 4:46 AM

May 2016
Sympho0 said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

Never knew gender identities are “PC culture” lmao that’s some bs crap right here

Yet you are so upset that "oh no, no one asked him about his identity", when his identity is obvious...
-
Oct 14, 2022 4:03 AM

Dec 2020
each episode builds up my curiosity making it one of the best anime ever to exist. my friend told me not to watch it and if i do i should just keep on watching and not be like 'ayo tf is this, its confusing asf and tedious nah im dropping it', instead i was like bro this anime is sick only because of him i couldnt like watch steins gate beforehand.
all friend requests are accepted, hopefully we can be friends! Also for my proper intro: click here

Oct 14, 2022 9:00 PM

May 2022
crazy episode, it looks like changing the past through sending a D-mail isn't guaranteed, Itaru still lost that match, the D-mail with the card positions isn't enough. Ruka-kun is still a boy? Either way, these are some interesting and complex results. Moeka wanted to not change her cell phone in the past and turns out a simple scenario of easily spotting a different phone took a huge turn. Not only did everyone lose memories of her, but she is not at the lab. Honestly, Kurisu, Itaru, and Rintarou are all perverts, but Itaru is more of a respectful gentleman lol
Dec 23, 2022 6:11 AM
Nov 2022
damn, did the gender really change
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.