Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 22, 2011 10:22 PM

Jan 2009
Minatsuki is one sick and twisted human being.....I mean getting sexually aroused by inflicting pain on others, and not to mention killing her own father and making it seem her brother did it. I mean I know her mom ditched her for a flower(lol), but man is she messed up. Love the show though, and Crow looks freaking awesome with an eyepatch, kinda reminds me of Kenpachi from Bleach.....cept his eye isn't there.
May 23, 2011 1:08 AM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
Tenetard said:
viral_hun said:

I wonder what bodypart of Minatsuki's will they get rid of.

A WTF one :D

I think i see a scar there. That must be it.
Dunno where I should be looking at, the scar or the white piece of cloth.
Good find but I don't think that's it. She shouldn't be well soon if she was operated there to remove the appendix?
Guess we'll just have to find out what's the penalty.
Minatsuki is great. I miss Shiro though.
May 23, 2011 1:17 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
She has a cool looking power and all but the fight was kind of horrible.
I agree, the mange one looked more detailed and better.
Monad said:
Tenetard said:
viral_hun said:
A WTF one :D
I think i see a scar there. That must be it.
I mentioned but perhaps my post lengths are being displeasing to people. Oh well, you are right monad for pointing it out. It is indeed however WTF did they take out from the stomach is beyond my mind.
belatkuro said:
Guess we'll just have to find out what's the penalty.
Minatsuki is great.
I am not sure about it because the manga does not even tell so it could be as a flashback later in the manga but I don't know. If they do tell, it will be extra stuff anime only. Like the fan service of Minatsuki looks to be.
belatkuro said:
I miss Shiro though.
Oh don't worry next episode should have not only lots of her but revealing juicy stuff about her.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 23, 2011 2:20 AM
Oct 2009
I haven't seen a mentally disturbed character for a while. Looks like Minatsuki really belongs to this "wonderland".
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
May 23, 2011 3:47 AM

Jun 2009
Oh lawl'd.

After an epic boring long speech and conversation about being betrayed once blah blah blah. He proceeded with a headbutt and the match is over. That's awesome... not.

I kinda liked Minatsuki. Good thing she is a sadistic bitch who lied all along. I really can't stand those "I'll protect you" white knight virgin bs

One other funny thing is Ganta thought of running away. Like seriously? How can they survive without the candy? Hurr Hurr

Didn't like this episode much but thanks to Minatsuki it was worth it.
May 23, 2011 4:33 AM

Jul 2010
Explicitz said:
LOL when i first read the chapters for this fight, it took me by total surprise. I didnt expect her to be a total psycho. And her cussing and sadistic fetishes creeped me the fuck out!

Oh I just realized that some of her hairs were missing in the preview :P

So what's this rebellion thing?? like is their main objective is to get out of Wonderland??

020303 said:
Minatsuki is one sick and twisted human being.....I mean getting sexually aroused by inflicting pain on others, and not to mention killing her own father and making it seem her brother did it. I mean I know her mom ditched her for a flower(lol), but man is she messed up. Love the show though, and Crow looks freaking awesome with an eyepatch, kinda reminds me of Kenpachi from Bleach.....cept his eye isn't there.

It's called sadist: a person who gets sexual pleasure from hurting people. Well, judging by her fathers abuse and mother's neglect, pretty sums up how she became a crazy sadistic bitch.
chococya96May 23, 2011 4:45 AM

May 23, 2011 5:30 AM

Apr 2009
Yangire FTW..

yah.. she's a yangire.. not a yandere.. correct or i should say, disambiguate your otaku vocabulary.. i don't see anyone she's totally obsessed for to kill.. she's just beautifully dangerous and crazy..

though i have not read the manga, i was expecting her to be way beyond what she looks at first because it seemed obvious that she's plotting a trap getting all cute like that.. what i did not expect is the magnitude of the total change of character when her true face was shown.. i hope to see more of her.. that sadistic talk is activating my M trigger..
argiliumMay 23, 2011 5:41 AM
May 23, 2011 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
Nima....
This is the episode I was waiting for. Minasuki's introduction. And...it's turned out to be not as good as I thought it was going to be. Bad voice actor choice. Minasuki should sound more tomboyish in psycho mode. She lost all her charm.

I mean the girls made of win. She deserves better than this.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 23, 2011 8:23 AM

Oct 2010
Explicitz said:
LOL when i first read the chapters for this fight, it took me by total surprise. I didnt expect her to be a total psycho. And her cussing and sadistic fetishes creeped me the fuck out!
Well that's interesting but I did not see this part in the manga, care to point that out? In fact I am curious as to where is this part about that group you mention.

May 23, 2011 2:20 PM
Dec 2010
MisaTange said:
viral_hun said:

I agree.

Also, insane person of a horrible past is ftw.

...Why is Yoh pretty much the punching bag of the show?

maybe her breast or ears for the worst since she is lust full person her tuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
May 23, 2011 2:52 PM
Mar 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Explicitz said:
Well that's interesting but I did not see this part in the manga, care to point that out? In fact I am curious as to where is this part about that group you mention.

Vol.03 Ch.012: Scar Chain

I'm surprised you missed this. I mean, it's fairly obvious. :/
May 23, 2011 3:00 PM

Oct 2010
wow what a bitch! highly enjoyable episode, i wonder what will happen to her in the punishment game, if we get to see it.
May 23, 2011 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Explicitz said:

Are you serious? Her punishment happens when Nagi appears, how could you forget about it?! >_>''
You weren't that attentive when you read the manga, were you? Since there's an entire arc (of about 10 chapters) about that group LOL XD

chococya96 said:

So what's this rebellion thing?? like is their main objective is to get out of Wonderland??

SoraKuroMay 23, 2011 3:21 PM
May 23, 2011 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
I was hoping, at some point in any anime, a girl would use the 'damzel in destress' card to her advantage!
I had a feeling this may happen in this episode, as honestly; she appeared fine and for some reason, was allowed a hobby, also should Ganta really be taking on another responsibility; helping out a 'cute' girl is nice, yet in a way, patronising, considering they're all in the same boat.
Smart ladies are just as dangerous as strong men; fact! :P

I must say, loon girl (forgot her name already) has a tongue peirce, no doubt she'll rip it out if ever desparate; you bleed buckets out of your tongue; I know.

Yoh is a moron, talk about seeing and hearing what suits you... "What are you doing to my sister" (sibling he never mentioned) and "How could you hit a girl" (look at the circumstances and how much of the fight did you see), he can't be that much of an airhead?

Looking forward to seeing Shiro next week. ;)

May 23, 2011 10:05 PM

Nov 2008
Freudian Excuse, much? ^_-
May 23, 2011 10:07 PM

Aug 2010
viral_hun said:

It makes me sick just thinking about it. But also very interesting. Holy shit Yandere lol.

Wow her mom is the worst. Sweet Crow is still alive, Yay!!
May 23, 2011 11:09 PM

Mar 2011
Wow I'm so glad I decided to not read the manga. Seeing Minatsuka go batshit crazy was amazing, sure fooled me lul
May 23, 2011 11:32 PM

Feb 2010
Lot of people didnt understand a thing here.

minatsuke father didnt do anything , she was lying. (or yoh kun said so)

the only bitch was her mother.
May 23, 2011 11:43 PM

Jan 2010
I didn't realize they changed the earthquake to the "red zone". Guess it's better than being put on the shelf or even canceled.

Why is there censoring on the words though? Hope the english dub doesn't get censored....
May 24, 2011 3:28 AM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:
Still does not explain why she was naked and stuff or the broken flower pot.

May 24, 2011 5:38 AM

Sep 2010
Every deadman is a psycho......
May 24, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
billng said:
viral_hun said:

It makes me sick just thinking about it. But also very interesting. Holy shit Yandere lol.

She's a Yangire, not a Yandere.
May 24, 2011 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
twonline said:
Every deadman is a psycho......

Not true ;A; Crow is not a psycho D: Karako is not a psycho either, although I don't really know why she was arrested xD
May 24, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
Gogetters said:
billng said:
viral_hun said:

At least there's one person with a brain in this thread.
May 24, 2011 12:49 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was awesome. Ganta is such a badass. Giving the middle finger to the audience. I think Yoh will end up being a real friend to Ganta though the last episode I thought that he would betray him.
May 24, 2011 1:03 PM

May 2009
LOVE IT!
May 24, 2011 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, but expected much of it.
May 24, 2011 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
:)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 25, 2011 4:43 AM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:

I thought it was clear that she staged that...?

STM said:
Gogetters said:
billng said:
viral_hun said:

At least there's one person with a brain in this thread.

Talking about the body part, cbf removing quotes:

Lol just wait and see next episode ;), should be rather unexpected.

I'd go off about how badly they are adapting the manga and how shitty the animation has became, but then whatever... Makes no difference, at least I can watch my Shiro and Minatsuki animated...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2011 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
DoubleDango said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Lot of people didnt understand a thing here. minatsuke father didnt do anything , she was lying. (or yoh kun said so) the only bitch was her mother.
I see, so she got naked and she broke the flower pot most likely because of her mother abandonning her for it. Makes sense except for the fact of why she killed the father when precisely her brother was about to do it. Guess it's to show her brother that he killed him since the weapons she uses are so fast the naked eye did not see it at all. That is until Yoh finds out about it. Obviously all the shock shows on his face once he finds out about it.

May 25, 2011 2:28 PM

May 2011
already watched,great one ! :D
May 25, 2011 8:03 PM

Nov 2009
Bat shit crazy girl + bloodthirst = Win.

Basically sums up the episode. Oh, and that mom.... LOL
May 25, 2011 9:15 PM

Apr 2011
A great episode. This is the most promising anime of this season yet. Hummingbird is a sadistic and spoiled bitch, and she would even be able to kill her closest relatives. I was glad that Ganta knocked her down.
May 25, 2011 10:41 PM

Oct 2010
Sartaj said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DoubleDango said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:
Lot of people didnt understand a thing here. minatsuke father didnt do anything , she was lying. (or yoh kun said so) the only bitch was her mother.
I see, so she got naked and she broke the flower pot most likely because of her mother abandonning her for it. Makes sense except for the fact of why she killed the father when precisely her brother was about to do it. Guess it's to show her brother that he killed him since the weapons she uses are so fast the naked eye did not see it at all. That is until Yoh finds out about it. Obviously all the shock shows on his face once he finds out about it.
I thought her entire aim was to just trick Yoh in to thinking he killed their father so he'd feel some guilt, since he doesn't seem like the type to go through with murdering his own father, even if he is a closet siscon. And everything she did, from killing her father and messing with her brother's head, was probably all just self-satisfaction since she is clearly messed up in the head and an open sadist by now. She just likes to toy with people's heads, and cute side of her sadism is precisely why Hummingbird is the best girl in DMW.
I shall indeed agree with you but from what we have so far, the mom most likely triggered that condition of hers just what I don't get is why she became like that other than her mother leaving her for that flower? Thing is she is far too cruel to Yoh because as her brother I don't see him doing anything wrong. If anything the mother is to blame. Was it Minatsuki who killed her mother too?

May 26, 2011 7:46 AM

Dec 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
shall indeed agree with you but from what we have so far, the mom most likely triggered that condition of hers just what I don't get is why she became like that other than her mother leaving her for that flower? Thing is she is far too cruel to Yoh because as her brother I don't see him doing anything wrong. If anything the mother is to blame. Was it Minatsuki who killed her mother too?

She can't accept the fact that she's wrong about humanity being rotten(Even though she's partially right, many humans are rotten or at least very selfish). Her brother is a very caring person, he protects her and supports her but she's denying his behaviour. Not every human is the same, so is her brother different from her mother.
As a child your world view is different, you are naive and especially the mother is the greatest person for you. And she loved her mother. Why? Because it's a taboo to talk about her mother. Mentioned several times in the manga, she's reacting rather sensitive to that event, just like some other characters in the manga that are not present as yet. For her it's a trauma and a huge dissapointment(You never know how sensitive a child can be to certain events, a trauma is a drastic experience) she can't handle and her brother seems to be the best cure for her, I think he understands her pretty well. He tries to be something for her that her mother wasn't. She needs to make positive experience and her brother is trying to accomplish that.
If she killed her mother, I'm not quite sure about that, the manga might have mentioned it but it was never shown directly. But I guess she did.

Someone on animesuki explained her psyche pretty well. ( -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3621214&postcount=589 )
SmthAwfulMay 26, 2011 8:58 AM
May 26, 2011 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
wow i loved this episode! maybe cause i had already read the manga... i was soo looking forward to this! i know it might sound crazy, but i love the crazy bitch!!!! xD omg i love such characters, they spice up the anime! :P I don't care only seeing "goodie" personalities, it gets boring.. This anime is great so far! ^.^
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
May 26, 2011 5:02 PM

Jun 2008
BL2W said:
I have to admit that just as this show had gotten awesome, it ended up becoming... well, stupid~

Minatsuki came virtually out of nowhere, used the "I-was-acting" bit, had a token tragic past, and then lost to Ganta---all in one episode, too. I just really could not get into this episode because it was so forced, so rushed, and so contrived that I couldn't even feel anything except distaste for this new character; and it appears that she's going to get more screen time in the next episode, so how am I supposed to even like her? I really do enjoy insane characters---good or bad---if they're written well, but unfortunately, Minatsuki doesn't do anything for me.

Honestly, I don't know how long the manga is, but this is pushing the fast-forward button a little too much. All of this isn't enough to keep me from watching; however, it's irritating, to say the least~

This, this, this. I can't stand Minatsuki. That headbutt was so fucking cathartic.

I think the changes from the manga are probably intentional, so that people will read the manga as well...? I know I plan to.
May 26, 2011 5:04 PM

Oct 2010
SmthAwful said:
Yumekichi11 said:
shall indeed agree with you but from what we have so far, the mom most likely triggered that condition of hers just what I don't get is why she became like that other than her mother leaving her for that flower? Thing is she is far too cruel to Yoh because as her brother I don't see him doing anything wrong. If anything the mother is to blame. Was it Minatsuki who killed her mother too?

She can't accept the fact that she's wrong about humanity being rotten(Even though she's partially right, many humans are rotten or at least very selfish). Her brother is a very caring person, he protects her and supports her but she's denying his behaviour. Not every human is the same, so is her brother different from her mother.
As a child your world view is different, you are naive and especially the mother is the greatest person for you. And she loved her mother. Why? Because it's a taboo to talk about her mother. Mentioned several times in the manga, she's reacting rather sensitive to that event, just like some other characters in the manga that are not present as yet. For her it's a trauma and a huge dissapointment(You never know how sensitive a child can be to certain events, a trauma is a drastic experience) she can't handle and her brother seems to be the best cure for her, I think he understands her pretty well. He tries to be something for her that her mother wasn't. She needs to make positive experience and her brother is trying to accomplish that.
If she killed her mother, I'm not quite sure about that, the manga might have mentioned it but it was never shown directly. But I guess she did.

Someone on animesuki explained her psyche pretty well. ( -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3621214&postcount=589 )
Well I did understand her psyche, I did quite a number of College studies in psychology. In any case he just proved me right with the mother being at fault. No one knows about the death of her mother because she herself killed her in a blackout state or just does not tell to anyone at all. Most likely she does not remember anything at all of killing her yet she did. Well I will leave it at that. I shall always think that reaching sexual orgasm by using as means what that guy mentions to thee end of reaching peak orgasm is just fucked up.

May 27, 2011 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
I shall always think that reaching sexual orgasm by using as means what that guy mentions to thee end of reaching peak orgasm is just fucked up.

That's absolutely self-evident based on modern social moral.
But sadism isn't as absent in todays society as some people may think. When I hear some of my schoolfellows laughing and making fun of the japanese suffering from the earth quake and radioactivity I have to vehemently vomit innerly. In their case it may be childish and total naivity of not knowing how such a situation feels but it's just wrong and I think that's no individual case. Plus that's REALITY and totally not FICTIONALITY.
There's a difference. I actually believe something similiar to Deadman Wonderland could exist one day if humanity continues to dull(over generations) like that but I guess we won't be living anymore when that day comes. Changes in society are very slowly progressing.

And I really am getting too much into OT. I will as well leave it at that.
May 27, 2011 7:38 PM

Jan 2009
Ep was completely stupid and boring...

1. the fights have so much potential but it isn't being used.

2. Minatsuki is a pretty unbelievable char. Everything about her is just so sudden and if shes there to stay (it at least looked like it) she has to be introduced properly.

3. the scene with her mother... do the ppl making this anime have brains? Sometimes i doubt it.
May 28, 2011 2:49 AM

Feb 2010
danz said:
Ep was completely stupid and boring...

1. the fights have so much potential but it isn't being used.

2. Minatsuki is a pretty unbelievable char. Everything about her is just so sudden and if shes there to stay (it at least looked like it) she has to be introduced properly.

3. the scene with her mother... do the ppl making this anime have brains? Sometimes i doubt it.

1- yep that's right , the manga have some awesome fights later , but the anime probably wont reach there.

2- she's fucking insane , that's why.

3- yeah that was dumb , in the manga her mother just left , she didnt came back to take the flowers.
May 28, 2011 6:05 AM

Sep 2008
Ganta wasn't as annoying this episode and was pretty damn cool at the end.

Why does the next episode look to be disguised as a fanservice filler when it will probably be as plotful as the rest of the episodes...
May 28, 2011 6:16 AM

Oct 2009
This series start to dissapoint me more and more, as the fan of manga,
May 28, 2011 7:58 PM

Mar 2010
That episode raised quite a few questions for me. 1) What was Shiro doing besides sleeping (I think)? 2) Why doesn't Ganta's rivals ever kill him when they have a perfectly good chance? 3) Does Ganta ever learn a new technique or ability during all this shenanigans?! The preview looks awesome, though! Looking forward to the next!
May 29, 2011 6:08 AM

Aug 2009
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
2) Why doesn't Ganta's rivals ever kill him when they have a perfectly good chance?

That would break the holy rule of shounen anime and manga: protagonists may never die.
May 31, 2011 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
There is much censoring of conversations the last few episodes.

I noticed that Ganta is holding a Red Man doll in his hand at the last picture of the ending. And those 2 guards look like Shiro and I'm sure they have something to do with eachother because they are guarding the boss and Shiro is an acquaintance of him or something like that.

Also, why is there a copyright 2010 at the end of the opening and ending and not 2011?
Jun 6, 2011 3:29 PM
Nov 2009
Craziest bitch I've seen.
Jun 8, 2011 11:56 AM

May 2011
I reallly lyked Minatsuki at first but wat the hell.. I did expect that it was her trap when the pipes fell on Ganta.. but really hated her when she revealed herself.. but am glad now that Yoh will be a sincere frnd of Ganta..

well I wonder wat part of Minatsuki's body will they cut.. maybe her ***** ;P hahahaha
Jun 9, 2011 12:59 PM
Nov 2008
Rushed compared to story in manga....but pretty well adapted.Minatsuki and heabutt were the win lol.
Jun 9, 2011 1:05 PM

Sep 2010
man that bitch is crazy....and I love it. I hope they don't take an vital organ I would like to see more of her.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.