Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2011 12:02 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder what bodypart of Minatsuki's will they get rid of.
May 21, 2011 12:06 PM

Feb 2009
viral_hun said:

A WTF one :D
May 21, 2011 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
viral_hun said:

I agree.

Also, insane person of a horrible past is ftw.

...Why is Yoh pretty much the punching bag of the show?
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
May 21, 2011 12:15 PM

Nov 2009
Wow! Ganta became coool! Way to go, Woodpecker! I'm loving this show.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 21, 2011 12:26 PM

Dec 2008
That was pretty damn awesome!
But I miss the formaldehyde phrase (and the shopping phrase which cracked me up the first time I read it, so random. lol)

Also her past was a bit different in the anime, at least from what they were showing.
But I'm satisfied with the episode.

Looking forward to the next one.
May 21, 2011 12:31 PM
Jul 2010
I lol'd at the scene when Minatsuki's mother saved plant instead of her it was win XD also I loved how Ganta showed his disrespect to upper ups at the end of the match.
May 21, 2011 12:32 PM

Sep 2010
minatsuki is funny as hell i <3 yanderes

why did they mess up the flashback #1 did anyone else notice
May 21, 2011 12:34 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode. Ganta actually acting like a badass and it all it took was that girl's personiality to rub off on him. xD
May 21, 2011 12:40 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode as always ,,
minatsuki's personality is pretty much made enjoy this episode
also , the headbutt was awesome .. never expected it xD
May 21, 2011 12:46 PM

May 2009
A satisfying episode.
More Ganta in badass mode please.

DivineTrinity said:
Great episode. Ganta actually acting like a badass and it all it took was that girl's personiality to rub off on him. xD

Yeah it rubbed off on him after that headbutt.
May 21, 2011 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
haha great ep

May 21, 2011 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
when are they introducing azami? xD
May 21, 2011 1:01 PM

Jun 2010
That girl's personality was just twisted. I'm not even sure how her past went. All i got was that she killed her mother and father too, I think. Now that she's lost, what will happen in the post game?

Wildsleven said:

They're not. If they were they would've introduced her in the beginning or so.

May 21, 2011 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
HEADBUTT FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 21, 2011 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
Wildsleven said:

They're apparently not going to introduce her, this also goes for the other Deadmen that were in the manga, which should have been introduced in this episode. There are two scenarios: there will be a second season of this anime where Azami and the rest of the Deadmen will be introduced (they are crucial in the later arcs of the manga), OR they won't be introduced at all and the story in the anime will be changed towards its ending.
May 21, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
I think it's easy to see what will happen during the punishment game if you see recent photos of Minatsuki (it was the same for Crow) lol

Wildsleven said:

Never. She's not needed for the Scar Chain arc and the anime will probably end in that arc. Maybe she will appear if they decide to make a second season based on the forgeries arc and the new final arc.
May 21, 2011 1:21 PM
Jun 2009
Chara introduction is a little off compared to the manga oh well still its epic as love the way this episode played out might just be i have been awake for to long but this ep can be summed up in a acronym and a word "OMFG Epic"
May 21, 2011 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
Epic episode! It's nice to see some yandere once in a while :3
May 21, 2011 1:28 PM
Sep 2009
I have to admit that just as this show had gotten awesome, it ended up becoming... well, stupid~

Minatsuki came virtually out of nowhere, used the "I-was-acting" bit, had a token tragic past, and then lost to Ganta---all in one episode, too. I just really could not get into this episode because it was so forced, so rushed, and so contrived that I couldn't even feel anything except distaste for this new character; and it appears that she's going to get more screen time in the next episode, so how am I supposed to even like her? I really do enjoy insane characters---good or bad---if they're written well, but unfortunately, Minatsuki doesn't do anything for me.

Honestly, I don't know how long the manga is, but this is pushing the fast-forward button a little too much. All of this isn't enough to keep me from watching; however, it's irritating, to say the least~
May 21, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
I loved it mainly because of Yoh. First I thought that he pretend to be Ganta's friend because of greed and money, but now I know that he was doing it to save his sister. Who knows ( those who readed manga probably know haha xD ), maybe he will end up as a real friend of Ganta.
May 21, 2011 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
Minatuski's past is so screwed and so is she~ love it.
OMG *dies*..even one second of Senji's appearance is enough <3...the eye patch makes him so darn HOT!
The headbutt did crack me up like it did in the manga.
The main BGM of the show is amazing. I wonder when I will be able to feast on it.
May 21, 2011 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
SmthAwful said:
Also her past was a bit different in the anime, at least from what they were showing.

No, her past is the exact same as in the manga. They just didn't include the scene where Minatsuki found her mom's body after the earthquake ended.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
May 21, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
This whole anime is so screwed up xD Another lame fight/action scene :/

Can't wait what part gets taken off from her next episode.
May 21, 2011 1:57 PM

Jun 2009
Is G-block moving around or something? I noticed it in Minatsuki's room, just look at the window.
But anyway, dat Minatsuki. щ(´∀`щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 21, 2011 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Episode I've been waiting for ever since I saw it in the manga finally came. Too bad I didn't see the infamous formaldehyde speech. >: But Minatsuki was awesome so that's all that really matters~ Looking forward to more Minatsuki screentime next episode!

May 21, 2011 2:08 PM

Dec 2008
Seeker said:
SmthAwful said:

No, her past is the exact same as in the manga. They just didn't include the scene where Minatsuki found her mom's body after the earthquake ended.

That's what I meant, but wasn't her mom just running away in the manga instead of taking a flower pot with her?
SmthAwfulMay 21, 2011 2:14 PM
May 21, 2011 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
Finally Minatsuki <3 Instant win episode.
Even though it was slightly less awesome than it should've been. Oh well <3
At least she's still got her absolutely adorable personality.
And well, no, Nomizu Iori didn't fit in this role.
Wouldn't it have been awesome with some Itou Miki instead? I think she'd have done a masterful job in this kind of role.
And it's funneh how we've got several people already who've all answered the same question about Azami.
ಠ_ಠ>mfw everyone mistakes yangire for yandere
OosranMay 23, 2011 1:09 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 21, 2011 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
Too bad they didn't show Crow talking with Ganta and naming Ganta's attack XD

SmthAwful said:
Seeker said:
SmthAwful said:

That's what I meant, but wasn't her mom just running away in the manga instead of taking a flower pot with her?

Yeah, it's weird... in here she had the flower pot http://www.mangafox.com/manga/deadman_wonderland/v03/c010/39.html but she ran away without it http://www.mangafox.com/manga/deadman_wonderland/v03/c010/40.html

it makes more sense in the manga, she ran away to save her own life, not to save some flower XD
May 21, 2011 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
SoraKuro said:
Too bad they didn't show Crow talking with Ganta and naming Ganta's attack XD

yeah!

no GANTA GUN was bad :(

also her mom running without the flower have more sense in the manga , i dont think she would like flowers after that.

anyway it was a good ep.

Also they didnt exactly explain what was ganta doing , he was trying to make his shot bounce to hit her from behind.
May 21, 2011 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
btw since they didnt introduce azami.

every woman in this anime is fking crazy.
May 21, 2011 3:06 PM

Sep 2009
That was a great episode. I liked how they show us that Ganta was changing with what he said after the match. It was epic win. xD

Minatsuki is definitely a weird character, I can give her that much for now. But you can see how she got there with what her mom apparently did to her? Wondering about the body part thing too. Hopefully nothing too gruesome. :U
May 21, 2011 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
Minatsuki could have had a more badass voice, though.
Good episode, after all.
May 21, 2011 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
more senji would be bertter
May 21, 2011 3:33 PM

Feb 2011
the random guards are funny :P

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 21, 2011 3:43 PM

Nov 2010
The thing that really made me confused was.. Her hair turned blood, and she started attacking with it...

..Okay.. o,o
May 21, 2011 3:55 PM
Nov 2010
A nice episode, I don't get why they'd put such a story in 12 episodes...
May 21, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
zeando34 said:
Hah, it's like stormtroopers all over again. XD

@Sorakuro - Isn't that what we call a manga spoiler?

Well, this episode could've been a lot better. Minatsuki's not so sweet after all. Totally didn't see that coming! And she has a sad past on top of it? Color me surprised! Her character is just annoying.

And then we have Ganta with, "Let's run away together!" I can't believe that he really just said that. Plus he's still shooting his blood, I see. Didn't he figure out this was a bad idea the last time? I thought he'd come up with something else less risky.
May 21, 2011 4:07 PM

Feb 2010
Iilia said:
zeando34 said:
Hah, it's like stormtroopers all over again. XD

Well, this episode could've been a lot better. Minatsuki's not so sweet after all. Totally didn't see that coming! And she has a sad past on top of it? Color me surprised! Her character is just annoying.

And then we have Ganta with, "Let's run away together!" I can't believe that he really just said that. Plus he's still shooting his blood, I see. Didn't he figure out this was a bad idea the last time? I thought he'd come up with something else less risky.

ganta's power doesnt allow anything else than shooting blood , he cant fight using always the same amout of blood like senji or minatsuki.
May 21, 2011 4:08 PM

Feb 2010
Sekkusu said:
The thing that really made me confused was.. Her hair turned blood, and she started attacking with it...

..Okay.. o,o

she takes blood out of her ears and mix it with her hair.
May 21, 2011 4:22 PM
Mar 2010
BL2W said:
I have to admit that just as this show had gotten awesome, it ended up becoming... well, stupid~

Minatsuki came virtually out of nowhere, used the "I-was-acting" bit, had a token tragic past, and then lost to Ganta---all in one episode, too. I just really could not get into this episode because it was so forced, so rushed, and so contrived that I couldn't even feel anything except distaste for this new character; and it appears that she's going to get more screen time in the next episode, so how am I supposed to even like her? I really do enjoy insane characters---good or bad---if they're written well, but unfortunately, Minatsuki doesn't do anything for me.

Honestly, I don't know how long the manga is, but this is pushing the fast-forward button a little too much. All of this isn't enough to keep me from watching; however, it's irritating, to say the least~

Unfortunately, I have to agree with BL2W. It did feel rushed, cramping all that into twenty minutes of screentime. By now, I don't have too much hopes for the anime to become better on. It feels - as much as I hate saying it - very dull compared to the manga. Kinda empty, if you get what I mean.

I guess it wasn't a good idea to read the manga after seeing the second episode due to anticipation of more. The first two episodes really sucked me in and got me hyped, then I read all chapters of the manga that are available at the moment and now my views are completely skewed. From the third episode on, everything felt wrong.

Nonetheless I gotta say the anime's still good. Nothing extraordinary as I initially hoped but still good. I'd suggest everybody who hasn't read the manga yet to finish these twelve episodes before delving into the books. That way your expectations won't be as crushed as mine. :P
May 21, 2011 4:24 PM

Jul 2010
Vanisher said:
ganta's power doesnt allow anything else than shooting blood , he cant fight using always the same amout of blood like senji or minatsuki.
What, seriously? Dude, that sucks and puts him at a disadvantage if he has terrible aim. :P

Now I feel like I'm watching Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho with his Spirit Gun, except Ganta has to use his own blood rather than spirit energy.
May 21, 2011 4:25 PM
Mar 2010
This was much better done in the manga, but at least her ability doesn't look as ridiculous as that Lupin bitch in Hidan no Aria.
May 21, 2011 4:30 PM

Aug 2010
Iilia said:

Sorry xD' But... It's not like it's a huge spoiler, I didn't say who she was, what was her role and how she uses that power xD. Besides you can see her name on the character list and her power is revealed pretty soon anyway.

BTW, every Deadman has their own special power, they can use their blood in only one way (except for a special case), but they can increase that power by training and using strategy. So like Vanisher said, Ganta can't use his blood any other way xD
SoraKuroMay 21, 2011 4:35 PM
May 21, 2011 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
I guess I should really start reading the manga. The series feels like it could work even better as a manga... (and probably does, since usually originals do better than adaptions). The only thing I would be scared of then is though, am I able to stop myself before I read ahead of the anime. I don't want to spoil my anime experience with this one.

I liked the episode exceptionally much, even though the change of Minatsuki's personality felt very quick and a little forced. But I can't help it, just as much as I dislike tsunderes (the tsundere anime fashion nowadays doesn't match with me), I love yanderes. ;u; Yō got my sympathy in this episode, felt a little sad for him.

Oh, and the headbutt was epic! I didn't expect it!
MinekoMay 21, 2011 4:45 PM
May 21, 2011 4:43 PM

Nov 2007
hah epic headbutt. I was waiting for her to go psycho, and it was great. what happens to Humminbird now? so the old guy in charge knows Ganta? her mother left her to die and she killed her father. what a family!
May 21, 2011 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
Lol that girl is crazy. The mom saving a flower pot over her is pretty funny.
May 21, 2011 5:10 PM

Oct 2010
Obvious trap was Obvious (not like something nice have happen to him since he arrive but Shiro).
I wonder what she will loose on the post game O_o?
huh?
May 21, 2011 5:20 PM
Jun 2010
loved it as usual...
I want more of Ganta's badass personality...he was amazing in this episode...
Yoh's sister was a crazy bitch and i really hated her...i think her personality a lot like her mother's (like mother,like daughter)!!
can't wait for the next episode...
May 21, 2011 5:22 PM
Jun 2010
choyos said:
Obvious trap was Obvious (not like something nice have happen to him since he arrive but Shiro).
I wonder what she will loose on the post game O_o?

Maybe her tongue!
May 21, 2011 5:46 PM

Feb 2008
Of course she is crazy, when you are in Deadman Wonderland everyone goes insane,
Well Ganta doesn't realize that, how can a Girl being places on G Block without being dangerous.
She probably killed more,
Ganta never killed anyone in his class.

I wonder if they even going to ran away or prove Ganta incident, this show is so sick.
I haven't watch such an anime for a long time. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.