Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2011 4:25 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well... that's some lovely things the blocks contain.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 18, 2011 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
Ganta's mom did some pretty twisted experiments. And for a moment I thought Senji was going to lose his remaining eye. Good thing it didn't happen.
May 18, 2011 4:54 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I sort of agree with Ganta. At this point it seems a little pointless trying to understand her. Only thing I'm curious about and what he should be as well, is why she killed all his friends and ruined his life after so many years of being apart.

That one question has been gnawing at my brain since chapter one.
May 18, 2011 9:28 AM

May 2010
Now I know where that scar came from !!
May 18, 2011 4:16 PM

Jun 2010
So that's not even her own body is it. All those scars have to mean that she's other human body parts put together, although I think you can already come up with that conclusion.

First glance, you see Ganta's mom and you think she's a nice mom and then you realize she's done these sick experiments with the Wretched Egg.

I think that the blocks only work when they contain a certain piece of DNA of the person that it's suppose to effect.

May 18, 2011 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, Ganta's mom looks a bit like Minatsuki. And she's got a pretty twisted personality as well. I totally approve.

And yeaaaaaaah, I bet a coin's enough to keep people from dying.

Also, yeah, those blocks are... cute.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 20, 2011 1:09 AM

Jan 2010
While sick, it does sort of make sense? The lullaby is human flesh, so Shiro kills?

On the other hand, does anyone know why Crow looked so out of it/defeated? I imagine it might be the shock, but I wanted to be sure.
Nov 14, 2011 3:49 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:

And yeaaaaaaah, I bet a coin's enough to keep people from dying.

I have a feeling that coin has nothing but heads.

Naivette said:

On the other hand, does anyone know why Crow looked so out of it/defeated? I imagine it might be the shock, but I wanted to be sure.

What to you mean? That look after he got beaten? If that's what you are talking about then it might not be just the shocked of getting his ass handed to him but because he was being protected again like in his past.
Aug 12, 2013 9:42 PM

Aug 2008
13man18 said:
So that's not even her own body is it. All those scars have to mean that she's other human body parts put together, although I think you can already come up with that conclusion.

First glance, you see Ganta's mom and you think she's a nice mom and then you realize she's done these sick experiments with the Wretched Egg.

I think that the blocks only work when they contain a certain piece of DNA of the person that it's suppose to effect.

just catching up to the series now/ so i know this comment won't mean much to you anymore in the future. but maybe for future readers like me.

no that body is hers, she is not, and can't be other human bodies put together. she can regenerate. Based on the Choros Black's content her minced flesh meaning they probably took so many samples out of her, or purposely cut her up and stuff to see how much she can heal up to create that many chros black, which i assume are all over DW meaning a lot of flesh over and over? but still her body just the scars wont heal because maybe they were the first cut scars before they knew she can heal? when they were probably just taking samples?

anyway can't wait to see more, seeing as Makina has the Dairy of Ganta's mom we might get more background from that.
Jul 10, 2015 2:13 AM

May 2011
Why Ganta's mom's so twisted ? Why does she want to ruin her son's life that much ? Why does she love killing people and using their body internals to serve her sick experiment ? Just why ? This is really annoying. I hope Ganta doesn't kill any more friends.
Oct 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2016
that's fucked up.
Apr 4, 2019 3:22 PM

May 2010
Ganta's mom was pretty damn twisted, maybe she was inspired by work of Unit 731?

Btw gotta love how defensive about Shiro most of characters are - like, in real life, do you think this many people would defend mentally ill serial killer? Some, probably, but definitely not all of them. Senji and the new girl telling Ganta to try to understand her felt just weird, like wtf. I know it's "manga logic", and the real Shiro is pure, but I just can't buy it in this case.
Jan 25, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2016
To think that Ganta's mom would devise such heinous and inhumane devices while making her own son the key to unlocking the Mother Goose System. Shame on her but she's the only one keeping the good Shiro alive in that twisted head of hers.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 34 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Apr 19, 2010

26 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 5, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 1 Discussion

sifma - Aug 13, 2008

31 by Ed-Ein »»
Feb 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 58 Discussion

GodOfWolves - Sep 27, 2020

3 by knxwone »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 43 Discussion

Ishmael - Mar 26, 2011

23 by knxwone »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 38 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Aug 2, 2010

22 by knxwone »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.