Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2008 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vampire Knight
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 16, 2008 8:22 PM

Jan 2008
another new OP.. i like it... i'm sorta disappointed with the ball though.. oh well its not over yet
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 16, 2008 10:51 PM

Aug 2007
the action scenes are really lacking... and the animation seems to be getting worse. :(
Jun 17, 2008 3:24 AM

Feb 2008
I haven't even watched the whole episode but I feel like ranting. The animation has got worse if that's even possible. I also thought the 'dramatic' scene was anything but dramatic.

Edit: This show has so much potential, this could have been an amazing episode. With the dance and everything but the animation is bogging the story down so much. Grrr.
KappakaJun 17, 2008 3:48 AM
Jun 17, 2008 9:54 AM

Aug 2007
Ichiru shouldn't get pissed at his brother just because he was weak.
and *shrugs* low budget?
Jun 17, 2008 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
this last arc just seems a bit off or kinda flat. I can't seem to care about Ichiru. Zero is so willing to bite Yuki now to.
Jun 17, 2008 11:08 AM

Mar 2008
The animation seems to have gotten.....weird looking. I hate it when good anime shows start off so good then just gradually drop :(.

Kind of a bland episode too. I hope it picks up again.
Jun 17, 2008 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed this episode, but I'm annoyed by the fact that the quality of the animation, has dropped drastically =/
Jun 17, 2008 11:37 AM

Mar 2008
Blarg, I liked the other OP better, that one with my vampire loli in it ;<. Oh well.
This episode made my dislike towards Yuki increase - can't Zero just die already :L I want some hawt Kaname scenes!
Jun 17, 2008 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
Bad animation. Any chances of ZeroxYuuki are 0, If Kaname is alive kill him Yuuki!
Why do I smell a consiracy!? :p
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jun 17, 2008 12:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
retarded animation + bad screenwriting + bad direction = third rate anime.....

it's amazing how they ruined one of my favourite shoujo manga....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 17, 2008 12:32 PM

May 2007
Ugh for bad animation. -_-' The episode was quite good though... only if the animation was better... rawr.

"Here, you can bite anywhere you want, just dont bite everywhere."

^cracked me up. XDD

Jun 17, 2008 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
I really liked the knew opening, it was rather interesting to see ichiru vs zero action I think it was a cool idea to re-do the opening as the story advances, that way we wont get spoilers :P

Another thing that I enjoyed was the Yuuki - Kaname thing, it was so cute! I really like Kaname, he is the typical Dracula like vampire xD

As for the ball I was terribly dissapointed! I mean we didn't get to see much, and Yuuki's dress was not that pretty :S

Almost forgot! DAMN THOSE ANIMATORS!!
Jun 17, 2008 1:08 PM

Sep 2007
Well apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the animation's quality is going down so yeah that sucks.

The episode itself was ok... the biggest issue is that nothing really happened. Other then the first few minutes where Ichijou explained what was with him and learning what Maria/Shizuka said to Yuki the whole episode was rather pointless.
Jun 17, 2008 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
meh...boring boring boring. maybe something cool will happen next epp.
Jun 17, 2008 3:28 PM

Aug 2007
The animation quality wasn't very good to begin with, and its getting worse. That wouldnt be as much of an issue if the story was progressing well, but its getting boring. I had high hopes for this anime, oh well.
Jun 17, 2008 4:03 PM

Feb 2008
huh...I guess I'm alone in liking this ep? Honestly I don't have a problem with the animation. I mean, sometimes it gets a little janky, but overall I don't feel it detracts from the show. The story may seem a bit flat to me at times, but I just assumed that was because I've already read the manga and know what's coming. Oh well, I still enjoy this show!

I like that Zero has more scenes again in the OP though. I was sad when they changed it at first.
Jun 17, 2008 6:20 PM

Dec 2007
I love listening to Ichiru talk to Zero. Like, fdkldfkdflkl yay. <3

Other than that, dull episode, lackluster animation.

Jun 17, 2008 7:30 PM

May 2008
Hm.....I don't agree with most of you..I loved this episode and the animation was not really that bad to me i didnt even really notice since i was more interested in the storyline...I don't care what anyone says i thought it was good and i till love this anime!! I can't wait till the next episode!! ^^ LOL
Jun 17, 2008 8:24 PM

Aug 2007
Pretty boring besides the story behind Zero's emo twin brother
Jun 17, 2008 9:09 PM

Jun 2007
Lame episode is lame. Everything felt over-dramatized; I couldn't help but laugh when Zero went into a fit while fighting with Ichiru.

The dance wasn't as good as I was hoping, but it wasn't terrible. Although the dancing itself was horrendous. XD

I found Ichijou's "Nani nani, Kaname?" oddly cute. :3
Jun 17, 2008 11:37 PM

Jun 2007
ender650 said:
I had high hopes for this anime, oh well.
Jun 18, 2008 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
I love Zero and Ichiru. I don't want Yuuki kill Kaname.
Jun 18, 2008 1:35 AM

Apr 2008
IncognitoOtaku said:
huh...I guess I'm alone in liking this ep? Honestly I don't have a problem with the animation. I mean, sometimes it gets a little janky, but overall I don't feel it detracts from the show.

You're not alone. I agree with you. The animation doesn't bother me at all. But I'm sure it's mostly because I'm reading subtitles and completely intrigued by the story to care. I haven't read the manga yet so I have no idea what's going to happen next. I'm not one to try to figure it out as the show continues. I like to loose myself in the show and let it guide me. Then I'll reflect back on it after it's over. ^_~

I LOVED Kaname hugging Yuuki! So sweet! ^_^
Jun 18, 2008 3:55 AM

Sep 2007
Finally some more Kaname... this series was losing its pace with only focusing on the rather boring Zero.
Jun 18, 2008 5:54 AM

Dec 2007
duotrouble said:

I LOVED Kaname hugging Yuuki! So sweet! ^_^

Indeed! At first I was totally Yuuki/Zero. Now I'm Yuuki/Kaname... >.<

This episode was better then the last few. I feel sorry for Yuuki...=(

~ Nola...
Jun 18, 2008 6:39 AM

Aug 2007
The animation was horrible at times. No, rly. It seems they have a low budget(a very low one) or... the staff is like: "Let's just quickly finish this crap and go drinkling! Kanpai!" xD
The "action" scenes really lack the action itself. Jeez...
I was expecting much more from this series. I haven't read the manga so I have nothing to compare the anime to, but it still sucks balls for me.
And I don't like Kaname... >.> BUT I don't like how they make Zero look, either. Grrrr...
I'll be nicer if you give me chocolate and bishies ^^
Jun 18, 2008 7:12 AM

Feb 2008
i don't find this episode bad, pretty good adaption of the manga. i was looking forward to see kaname in the ball too. well as for the lack of action scenes...personally, i don't think there are a lot of action scenes in the manga anyway so i am ok with the bit of action between twins and the master in this episode.

Jun 18, 2008 8:57 AM

Mar 2008
Suu said:
I love listening to Ichiru talk to Zero. Like, fdkldfkdflkl yay. <3

hehe yeah Mamoru talking to himself XP

yeah animation was a bit of a disappointment like everyone's been saying.
but after reading the manga i just like to watch this to see it come to life =]
its funny watching this after reading the manga, i have totally different feelings for things that happen than when i first read it cause of everything that's happened in the manga...these things distract me from the animation quality - lol at yuki and zero's heads in some parts..other than that its ok most the time =]
still love it though =]

aww and Shiki <3 .the dancing was funny =P
Jun 18, 2008 11:14 AM

Jun 2007
Ah ah i was looking forward to the ball but the animation... it just sucks
Jun 18, 2008 2:43 PM
Dec 2007
Yep the animation is definitely getting worse and worse (which is a great feat already as it was particularly bad even from the beginning...). Apart from that, there are some good plot ideas but the whole thing is just terribly inconsistent and not well directed at all.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 18, 2008 3:24 PM

May 2008
Decent episode, really bad animation.
Jun 18, 2008 4:59 PM

Apr 2008
Although the animation was worse than usual (where's the shading on the faces?), I liked the development in the story. The acting in the scene between Ichiru and Zero was really impressive as well. I'm not being biased here, despite being a Mamoru Miyano fan. The fact that he was able to make the two characters distinguishable was a great feat, so bravo to him!

Oh, and I like the new OP sequence, too.
Jun 18, 2008 6:05 PM

Jun 2007
I didn't really notice a big difference animation wise, so I'm not to sure what everyone is up in arms about. I thought this episode was pretty decent. It really makes it a mastery for the people that haven't read the manga and have no idea whats going on, like me. So I found this pretty enjoyable overall even though there was no action packed fighting.
Jun 18, 2008 8:40 PM

Jan 2008
ok, having a constant bad animation is one thing.. but having a constantly changing bad animation is another thing.. i noticed that kaname's face keep changing.. sometimes he looks mature, sometimes he looks younger... then times his face looks chunky, sometimes it looks long and skinny..

however, as to compare to other episode.. this one is not really as bad... i was enjoying admiring kaname when he told yuuki that she was making a strange face.. and that he was just kidding... he kept that serious face.. so cute... and moreover, i also enjoyed that part when he got annoyed and cracked the door... i wanna see more of his power.. "i have the feeling that i want to be tied up to keep things from happening again".... awww i wanna see kaname lose his cool.. he's very good at restraining himself.. i wanna see the full extent of his power..

chairman never fail.. he always makes me chuckle.. during the beginning of the ball.. when he called kiryu-kun's name.. and when zero turned, and poked him on the face... little thing but show so much personality of the chairman

and oh, when the president called ruka's name "R-Ruka-chan"... i thought there was a puppy barking during the "R".. i dont know.. lol..maybe its just me...
lblsslxJun 18, 2008 9:05 PM
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 19, 2008 12:29 PM

Nov 2007
yeah Ichiru~ he's pretty boring D=

Jun 19, 2008 12:52 PM

Apr 2008
"How do I taste like?"~ Yuki is an evil succubus, flawless seduction skills. Respect :p
OlireJun 19, 2008 12:58 PM
Head Over Heels
Jun 20, 2008 10:50 AM

Sep 2007
This anime started out good, but now, it's like watching vampire hentai with Zero and Yuki. Ewww. Honestly, I'm starting to hate the show because of all the vampire lust, but I'm gonna give VK another chance and hope that'll the plot will turn for the better.
Jun 20, 2008 1:46 PM

Feb 2008
happyhellhound said:
yeah Ichiru~ he's pretty boring D=
I think he's pretty cute :3
Jun 20, 2008 2:03 PM

Oct 2007
kathy said:
This anime started out good, but now, it's like watching vampire hentai with Zero and Yuki. Ewww. Honestly, I'm starting to hate the show because of all the vampire lust, but I'm gonna give VK another chance and hope that'll the plot will turn for the better.

woah... i wouldn't take it as far as hentai... that's kinda well extremely exaggerated (i mean i have you seen kanokon?) He had been injured so his blood lust was a lot more intense. Yea it was kinda fan servicey i guess but it wasn't anything beyond necessary. and it being a <b>vamipre shoujo </b> blood sucking couple with sexy vamps was bound to occur in a some what seductive manner..
Jun 20, 2008 8:30 PM

Sep 2007
so_addictive said:
woah... i wouldn't take it as far as hentai... that's kinda well extremely exaggerated (i mean i have you seen kanokon?) He had been injured so his blood lust was a lot more intense. Yea it was kinda fan servicey i guess but it wasn't anything beyond necessary. and it being a <b>vamipre shoujo </b> blood sucking couple with sexy vamps was bound to occur in a some what seductive manner..

Haha. Don't take me too literally. Exaggerating was the point. :p And it's a bit going beyond the necessary because its like that (or there are hints) every time they see each other. The episode was also overly dramatic. Actually, it's only the "sexy vamps" that makes me want to keep watching.

On another note, only BBC works in posts.
Jun 21, 2008 3:13 PM

Oct 2007
kathy said:
so_addictive said:

Haha. Don't take me too literally. Exaggerating was the point. :p And it's a bit going beyond the necessary because its like that (or there are hints) every time they see each other. The episode was also overly dramatic. Actually, it's only the "sexy vamps" that makes me want to keep watching.

On another note, only BBC works in posts.

ooo ok... the sarcasm went right over my head lol. And I agree with the over dramatics. But i guess i'm a lil bias cuz i like YukixZero heh lol didn't even realize i'd used HTML the BBC thing must've slipped my mind for a sec.
Jun 22, 2008 12:33 AM

Jan 2008
Hmm, there are supposed to be liek 26 episodes of this anime, right? Then why is the total number of episodes listed at 13 on MAL? @_@;
Jun 22, 2008 4:21 AM

Jan 2008
the animation is getting worse. XD
oh! and another slight change in the OP. XD
Jun 22, 2008 4:24 AM

Feb 2008
Evanesque said:
Hmm, there are supposed to be liek 26 episodes of this anime, right? Then why is the total number of episodes listed at 13 on MAL? @_@;
Since when?
Jun 23, 2008 6:11 AM

Sep 2007
so_addictive said:
ooo ok... the sarcasm went right over my head lol. And I agree with the over dramatics. But i guess i'm a lil bias cuz i like YukixZero heh lol didn't even realize i'd used HTML the BBC thing must've slipped my mind for a sec.

Hehe. That's ok. :)

I'm for YukixKaname. I'll stick with this anime for that hope. :p
Jun 23, 2008 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
*sigh* I hope the Animators don't make the Anime something drop-worthy.... Gambatte Animators!!! Don't make the Animation too bad!!!! T-T

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 24, 2008 10:42 AM

May 2008
The quality of the animation is getting worse by the second,that's true dammit! :/
Too late to back down now,I'll stick around and watch this to the end. But I'll read the manga afterwards ;]
Jul 22, 2008 7:01 AM

Jan 2008
Episode was boring for me :/
Aug 28, 2008 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
my god you people are picky lol

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.