Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 16, 2016 9:08 AM

Sep 2014
This Episode was Great. Those Gamer Guys were hilarious. I was funny to Tomoe-san's plans backfiring.
Jun 30, 2016 8:25 PM
Jan 2012
hahaha very funny episode. Survival group vs tomoe that's most funny part this episode.
liked the comedy.
Aug 24, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2015
Never thought Commander Tomoe-nee-san could be that good at Sabagebu huh LOL, even better when she gets batshit crazy while doing those shit
Oct 21, 2016 4:54 PM
Sep 2009
Still among my fave episodes
Apr 9, 2017 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
I'm disappointed that this joke was lost in translation.

May 14, 2017 11:29 PM

Jun 2013
Episode 7

Okay, this show seems to be really fond of jokes where these high school girls are being spied on while in various states of undress, or kidnapped and tied up (with the implication being that something even worse could be about to happen to them).

- Clicking images opens album.

The pattern is a little creepy, and such relatively dark comedy is more than a little jarring in this series. (I'm aware how commonplace the above mentioned stuff is in anime, I just naively assumed that HanaIro would be a bit more friendly towards women.) Well, at least in this episode the creep factor was so over-the-top that it was actually almost funny. It's a case of "crossing the line twice". (Maybe I should treat this show as dark comedy as a whole, it might be fun that way.) In any case, I get that the inane first half was meant to be a setup for the payoff that was the entire second half, but I still wish it had been done in a less uncomfortable way.

This episode was packed with fun visuals (ripe for taking screenshots), with a generous helping of short sakuga scattered throughout. And Tomoe was kind of cool in this episode. The end of the second half was... actually kind of sweet. Wow, I almost forgot what fun feels like, with this show, as this is the first episode I liked since episode 2. I'll take it, though.

I totally understand how you feel (I feel similarly about the episodes after episode 2), and I agree about the disconnect between the beginning and the end of the episode.
LeeTailorJul 14, 2017 11:16 AM
Jun 29, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2015
Once again I know it's anime. But full grown men are lusting after high school girls. And we're just kind of...supposed to think it's funny? If it weren't for stuff like the bath scene might have found the Airsoft Players kind of funny. I liked Nako's skittish deer in headlights reaction to them. The big focus of this episode though, was really Tomoe.

I thought Tomoe was pretty cool. But she's also mainly been characterized as an "anime old" character. You know like they're not that old, but the anime acts like their loins are drying up with each passing second. This episode did little to quell that. But it did show her being funny and overcoming a conflict. And I liked the girls calling her neesan at the end. So cute.
Jul 22, 2017 3:44 AM

Dec 2010
The cringe in this episode was near unbearable. The ending was good anyway, though.
Nov 17, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
The comedy in this feels so underwhelming, the facial expressions paired with the generic sound effects lack impact, and since there's usually no soundtrack playing it messes with the flow of the episode. I'm glad we got more focus on Tomoe, at the end she talks to her mother and explains how precious her job is to her which was heartwarming.
Feb 15, 2018 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
Tomoe focused episode! She was thinking of leaving the inn and going back home since things were becoming repetitive and she didn't see any potential husbando coming, the passion of a military movie made her want to do it with a boom getting fired, but things went the complete opposite way when she targeted the Survival Game fans for that and they loved the crazy things she did... while also getting the affection of Minko, Ohana and Nako in the process, who weren't a fan of their actions (Nako running away from them was so cute!)

In the end, the customers left very satisfied and Tomoe recovered her motivation to keep working there, really fun episode that gave the spotlight to a character that was didn't have much screen time.
Dec 16, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed this episode and how badass Tomoe was, lol

Really like that girl and I'm glad that she was reminded how much fun and precious her work is to her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2016
Although the events that lead to her development were quite... random (Men that play Survival Games in an Inn like seriously?...), I'm really glad Tomoe received more attention in this episode. She's a nice character with some funny antics, way better than Minko and Tooru without a doubt.
Jul 6, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2019
great episode 11/10, because the survival gamer :D
Oct 21, 2019 2:25 PM

Feb 2012
This episode gave off Full Metal Panic vibes.

The onigiri part was my favourite.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 6, 2020 12:40 AM

Aug 2018
This is my fav ep so far!

I like how Tomoe can shift personality xD
Finally she got an ep about her and i love it.
She's my favorite character.

I hope for more Tomoe screentime
I guess she prefer working rather than to get married.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 17, 2020 3:19 PM
Jan 2017
Can we not have creepy episodes like this? The art style seems to change drastically when there's an obvious filler too.
Jan 30, 2021 11:11 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode, I liked the focus on Tomoe. I don't often enjoy comedy in anime, something just doesn't translate that well, but here it's been mostly enjoyable. Maybe because it's largely situational comedy which isn't that common in the medium where humor is more often based on slapstick or parody, neither of which I find particularly funny.
May 23, 2021 7:39 AM
Oct 2016
Kinda cliche to be honest, but it's comedy tone balances it well enough. Still, it's a bit too silly for it's own good in my opinion, Im not sure what to think of this way of exploring this kind of themes. At least we got to see more of Tomoe which was sweet, resulting in a heartwarming conclusion.
All in all, an okish episode, Im getting where the anime's inconsistency is coming from already which isn't that rare in SoL anime.
Jun 19, 2021 1:54 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was hilarious. Made me laugh a lot. Glad to see more of Tomoe.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 20, 2021 11:48 PM

Jun 2020
Tomoe is thinking of quitting her job if that happens well too bad well it is her decision so there's nothing to do about it

These guests seem to be a hefty of trouble packed within the group, Ohana singing the OP how mesmerizing to hear, Not until Tomoe had enough and decided to play their own game but they did follow what Tomoe was up to and it's amusing

In that final battle at the end Tarou got sprayed there in the bath lol he's dead alright but they fend off the guests that were a pain in the ass and at the end, Tomoe thought she would get fired but they honestly had a great time staying at the Inn good job Tomoe at least she's still going to work there.
Mar 6, 2023 8:50 PM
Jan 2023
Commander Tomoe!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 8:21 AM
Dec 2022
Looking at this using a lens of reality - the episode is kind of bum, and the comedy is weird at its best. But, looking at it through Anime-coloured glasses, the tropes are there in an over-the-top kinda of way making this funny if not thought about too deeply. That doesn't make this not creepy tho.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Yesterday, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.