Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2011 5:26 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Eiji wants to be first and Takagi is having problems writing the perfect crime stories.
May 14, 2011 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't think Takagi would get that rattled. there was just 1 crime the media kinda blew up. things aren't looking good.

Eiji finally getting serious should be interesting. END PCP, please! then they can make something that doesn't suck.

if Eiji is in 2nd who's in first? a "real" author? it's bleach isn't it!
May 14, 2011 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
mystik said:

Lol. xD
May 14, 2011 6:54 PM
Oct 2009
Takagi is having a subconcious blockade?

mystik said:

One Piece?
May 14, 2011 8:16 PM

Sep 2009
I absolutely love this development!!! I've been wanted eiji to get first to see which series he'd end, and of course he'd end his beloved ashirogi muto's series if it was failing. but maybe this could give ashirogi a new start towards getting their anime.
May 14, 2011 8:34 PM

Aug 2008
So the Editor-In-Chief's grim face wasn't for the fact some stupid TV Station broke some News about some random boys imitating PCP but about the mental state of the author... So unlike him but I'm really happy that he clearly knows what his men need to keep going and accomplish their Mission perfectly....

Oh man... Takagi... Buckle up!!! Wake up!!! You don't really need to worry over such nuisances... Just as Hattori said, complains about PCP being imitated and creating problems have always happened, and a small coverage of the media about PCP provoking some problems do this to you? Tsk tsk.... wouldn't it be cool that even though PCP is a bad influence some parent still supported it and fight for it's continuity? That'd be awesome.... Parents supporting PCP.... plus in the end it's like Kaya said... If I had a Kid I'd teach him/her what to imitate and what not! Loved her reply... Btw... isn't she falling ill regularly now? *gets a bit worried*

Oh and Eiji's gettign serious~~~ So he wanna be #1 now? Me wonders what is he planning... Ending PCP...? Noooo don't! PCP has the potential to be an Anime... Please have mercy and better end Current #1 so you can be #1 forever~~

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2011 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
Eiji is back^^ and finally he's going for the nummber 1 spot.
May 15, 2011 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm, interesting! Depending on how this arc plays out Eiji might end up doing them a favor in the long run, even though that request seemed so sinister when he first made it. Hopefully Takagi can get back to doing things the way he used to though. PCP has to end eventually but I don't know if I want it to end this way. Kaya is smart.
May 15, 2011 6:38 PM

Jan 2010
Eiji wanting to be first really makes me wonder what the most popular manga is in Bakuman (since for some reason, even though they mention popular real life stories, these authors' manga have always climbed their way up to the top)
May 15, 2011 7:18 PM

Jul 2010
I really hope Eiji doesn't end PCP... but that's the only one he COULD end, plot wise. Especially is Takagi's delicate ass keeps messing up. At least they weren't forced to cancel it because of this crime...

Side Note: I wonder if the senseis went through this with Death Note. Not that I read manga (or was old enough to read sutff like that) at the time, but I heard they had major problems with kids making their own death notes and stuff...
May 15, 2011 9:27 PM

Sep 2006
Everyone's reactions were pretty level-headed, which is good. Even the editor-in-chief didn't mind it at all.

If PCP does get taken down by Eiji, does that mean Ashirogi's next work will be the one to beat Eiji? I don't think there's any more reasonable way anymore for a long-running series to get cancelled, so the next one must be it!
May 15, 2011 10:03 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I didn't think the real crime would affect Takagi as much as it did.
I can see Eiji putting an end to PCP. But maybe that's just stating the obvious.
Either way, its good seeing Eiji fired up and Ashirogi Muto might get closer to getting an anime.
May 15, 2011 10:33 PM

May 2009
Woah looks like that copy cat crime really scared Takagi and Eiji is finally going to try to take the number 1 spot....he's obviously trying to end PCP and also hopefully Takagi gets back on his feet to write like he normally does. Anyway great chapter.
May 16, 2011 12:55 AM

Apr 2010
I REALLY liked how they used "Sakura TV" as the channel that named their manga.

Bakuman authors sticking it to the man
RyhzuoMay 16, 2011 3:08 AM
May 16, 2011 2:50 AM
Aug 2008
It sucks to see Takagi getting so traumatized by the imitation crime, but I understand the difficulty in struggling with subconscious stress. Since it's subconscious, it's really difficult to deal with or talk through, as your heart won't listen.

As a lot of people have mentioned, I can see this leading to the downfall of PCP (as in, it starts to get average rankings and Eiji uses his agreement to axe it for them, allowing them to once again willingly end their series without it looking like them being whiny), but it would be kind of dumb in the grand scheme of things to have the imitation crime precipitate into such an outcome.

One thing we haven't considered, though, is continued stress on Takagi. While this imitation crime alone might not be enough to do him in (as far as PCP is concerned), combined with other factors it might (e.g. Kaya being pregnant, more imitation crimes in which people actually get hurt (though this sounds like the kind of thing that would also affect their later series), or getting harassed by reporters from Sakura TV).
May 16, 2011 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
Naivette said:
Eiji wanting to be first really makes me wonder what the most popular manga is in Bakuman (since for some reason, even though they mention popular real life stories, these authors' manga have always climbed their way up to the top)

If it isn't just some unnamed real life series (One Piece), maybe they'll make it be written by a new character, some kind of veteran mangaka. :D
May 16, 2011 5:35 AM

Nov 2007
Hmmmmmmm. So Eiji is getting fired up now so he can either threaten Ashirogi with cancelling PCP... or actually cancel it?

I thought he already had the ability to cancel something, though. Maybe I misunderstood.
May 16, 2011 6:09 AM

Nov 2009
Interesting chapter. My prediction for the next few chapters :

Eiji gets 1st place and decides to end PCP. This manga has to end because it will never get an anime adaptation and this is interesting way to end it :)
May 16, 2011 10:39 AM

Jun 2010
If both Crow and PCP come to an end, then I can see a final battle between foes coming soon for the top spot.
May 16, 2011 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
AceIII said:

Eiji gets 1st place and decides to end PCP. This manga has to end because it will never get an anime adaptation and this is interesting way to end it :)

The fact that this story route is so blatantly obvious that it makes me think this isn't going to happen at all. Bakuman is known for always doing the completely unexpected after all. If it seriously does this, I would be disappointed. =3
May 16, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Damn you, Sakura TV. May you be crushed by a truck.
Awesome chapter.
May 16, 2011 7:14 PM

Sep 2007
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Damn you, Sakura TV. May you be crushed by a truck.
Awesome chapter.

Ryhzuo said:
I REALLY liked how they used "Sakura TV" as the channel that named their manga.

Bakuman authors sticking it to the man

Bwahaha, that's why Sakura TV was so familiar.
<3 Bakuman

I really hope Eiji doesn't cancel PCP.. but honestly, what other series would he cancel?
May 17, 2011 6:03 AM
Feb 2011
Havent seen Azuki in a while..

and Eiji! yes! this manga always seems to be more fun when Eiji is around. i had forgotten about that "end one manga that i hate" power Eiji was given if he gets first. maybe he wants to cancel PCP so Ashirogi Muto can come up with something to actually challenge him.
May 17, 2011 12:03 PM

Mar 2010
What if the next story that takagi and mashiro do (i'm 95% sure that PCP gets cancelled somehow) will get 1st place and eiji ( i bet he tries his best) still gets 2nd ? :O.. would eiji cancel their new story?

I mean that's weird that if Eiji has that kind of goal to finish one manga that he hates.. it can not be a random manga nor can it be a manga that in reality exists .. it has to have a point why he wants to cancel that, and by now, i haven't seen eiji havin' any hate against any manga in this series..

MaedhrostheTall said:

maybe he wants to cancel PCP so Ashirogi Muto can come up with something to actually challenge him.

that may be it too :O
LylaazMay 17, 2011 12:07 PM
May 18, 2011 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
Ryhzuo said:
AceIII said:

The fact that this story route is so blatantly obvious that it makes me think this isn't going to happen at all. Bakuman is known for always doing the completely unexpected after all. If it seriously does this, I would be disappointed. =3

I wouldn't be disappointed, because it was the basic premise from the very beginning, they have to do their final 'battle'
May 19, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
The obvious thing would have been to cancel Tanto because he didn't like it and wanted Ashirogi Muto to do something else. Eiji has never expressed dislike for or disappointment in PCP and he hasn't expressed any other reason to end it. He doesn't know that their dreams are so tied up with an anime adaptation and doesn't even necessarily know that they were turned down for an anime.
So because the motivation isn't there, I don't think it's THAT obvious. I'd only be disappointed if Eiji just canceled it out of the blue with no explanation, but that will not happen.
May 20, 2011 9:30 AM

Jul 2009
I wonder which manga Eiji will decide to end if he gets into 1st. I'd almost forgotten that he promised to do that at the start.
May 20, 2011 8:55 PM

Aug 2009
Poor Takagi :( and by extension, poor Mashiro. I think it's time for a Team Fukuda Intervention! I bet they'll all bring him back to his senses.

I don't want PCP to be cancelled simply because I don't think I can stand to see them go through the process of creating a new series again... I really hope Eiji will cancel something else and that somehow helps them indirectly, I have no idea how that would work.

On fluffier news, I'm glad that Akito is being so considerate and caring towards Kaya lately, since he had been such a jerk in previous chapters.
May 22, 2011 7:43 AM

Nov 2009

Good link. Totally true, and gives the chapter a lot more meaning ;)

Pretty intense chapter though, Eiji gunning for first out of the blue and their losing their grip. I thought that they would end PCP without Eiji interfering in the first place.
Jul 4, 2012 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
So Eiji's planning to end PCP? I think that would be a good thing though. Since Takagi can't write PCP properly anymore. This is gonna get more interesting. I'd love to see Eiji being number one.

Oh, and I liked Kaya's answer to Takagi's question.
Mar 27, 2017 5:09 PM

Jan 2016
Whelp, R.I.P. PCP.
mintkatMar 27, 2017 5:14 PM
Nov 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
lol, miho knows people better.

sakura TV always doing rough things lol.

for me it's seems ohba starting to closing stories with eiji, the end isn't far.
(though there' more 5 volumes lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.