Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 9, 2011 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
Detective said:
boring
cliche
etc

I think it's really hard for a Slice of Life anime to fit an episode so filler-esque into it and make it feel like a filler episode the whole time. Props to I.G. for making an incredibly boring episode in a boring series.

I feel this anime is the mutant baby of Amagami and Natsume Yuujinchou minus the enjoyment of either (especially the latter).

This isn't animated by I.G., it's a P.A.Works anime.

And it wasn't that bad, apparently you're the only person I've seen who has complained about the above things.

Hating on a popular anime doesn't make you cool, FYI.
May 9, 2011 5:22 PM

Oct 2010
AstuteOtaku said:
Snowflakes said:
Wildsleven said:
This show is only getting better and better, cant wait for next week. I wonder what minko will react when she finds out about this situation :P

I have a feeling she has an inkling already >: I was hoping Ko would turn up this episode but I guess that's too soon xD I bet they'll bring him in at the worst possible time..

My feelings exactly. Ko is going to walk in at the worst possible moment, maybe Ohana will be dusting, fall of the stepladder, get caught by Tooru, thus leaving the two of them in a position that suggests that they were kissing.
Then in comes Ko who promptly drops his luggage and stares in shock and then enters various other members of the cast who all get an eyeful of the suspicious situation... This is all from the top of my head, but with this series I wouldn't put it past them.

My thoughts are exactly the same.
biggest surprise will be reveling of tooru love .
May 9, 2011 7:45 PM

Apr 2009
Liked the episode. The outfits were nice. Ending made me lol
May 9, 2011 7:50 PM

Apr 2008
What's wrong with you guys.

Obviously Ohana x Nako x Min-chi

Actually replace Minko with Yuina and you have an unbeatable combination.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
May 9, 2011 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
HatenaZubon said:

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I'm down for that. Let's kill off the guys.
May 9, 2011 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
You know a show is doing work when it switches to a new ED by the 6th episode/uses a new song for the 6th episode's ED.
Great episode, some much needed background info about Ohana's grandmother :P
May 9, 2011 8:35 PM

Feb 2009
...Ko, hurry up and get there before you lose your lady D:

I've been pro Ko x Ohana since... Well, the first scene where they were just sitting there discussing how she could get the piece of corn. Tooru just needs to back off and go to Minko, she's the one that is all devoted to him. Ohana just needs Ko~~
May 9, 2011 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
Panaru said:
HatenaZubon said:

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I'm down for that. Let's kill off the guys.

Me too; if anything K-On has proved that men are not necessary.
May 9, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2008
It's official... Tohru likes Ohana!
May 9, 2011 10:43 PM

Jul 2009
geezer said:
Does Ohana really think that the problem can be solved by showing more female skin without comprimising herself and the staff? I just find that her "logic" gets harder and harder to understand with every new episode. She's the weak link in this episode...

Exactly! I found myself wondering, "Is she really that much of a dumbass?!".
May 9, 2011 11:24 PM

Oct 2010
Clairseana said:
geezer said:
Does Ohana really think that the problem can be solved by showing more female skin without comprimising herself and the staff? I just find that her "logic" gets harder and harder to understand with every new episode. She's the weak link in this episode...
Well at least she redeemed herself by taking her grand-mother's dresses afterwards. I think Ohana fits into the people learn by mistakes kind TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 9, 2011 11:40 PM

Jan 2011
Clairseana said:
geezer said:

You'd be surprised at how many young girls think the solution to every problem is dressing more provocatively... -_-'
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 9, 2011 11:43 PM

Apr 2009
LOLOLOL the head chef.

Aww Tohru. Too bad I support Ko over you. D:
May 10, 2011 3:00 AM

Aug 2010
I really hope they won't make a triangle here...Also, why did they change the ED? I already have to skip the OP because it feels like someone stabbing me in the ears and now the ED too? I liked the one used in eps 2-5.

Apart from these two a decent HI episode, kept me entertained. 4/5.
May 10, 2011 3:01 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode! Never a dull moment with this show.

And why can't they just try making the slit of the Chinese dress a "little" higher???:D
May 10, 2011 9:00 AM

May 2008
I don't want Tohru to like Ohanaaaaaa!! Kou-chan, do something!!!
May 10, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2009
Nice episode. I'm glad that Ohana is getting along with her uncle. ^^
So, Tohru likes Ohana... In previous episodes it was quite obvious but I was hoping that it's just my imagination. :/
May 10, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
Hopefully I'm not the only one pleased with this development on Tohru's side. Not that I believe they'll ever end up together but still...
May 10, 2011 3:56 PM

Nov 2007
I have to say, it was a boring episode. Now does that make me any cool? Dunno, but it was boring to me.

I am yet to enjoy the anime as much as I did in the first couple of episodes. Oh well, taste varies. Might just continue for the sake of it. I predict nothing significant will happen until the final couple of episodes. :/
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 10, 2011 7:59 PM

May 2010
Nako-chan is so Moe, I loved the way she says "chigau!" to Ohana when she aked her about wearing different clothes X3

Now about the episode in general, I think this story is gonna get allot more interesting now that Toru may have a crush on Ohana, but IMO I think hes a douche..
I like to draw. Check out my deviantArt profile below for my work.

http://brian12.deviantart.com/
May 10, 2011 8:24 PM

Jul 2010
"Of course. It's challenge." Engrish never fails to amuse me! Also, I guess I wasn't paying very good attention because I blinked when Tohru smiled but saw a stunned head chef. hahaha Preview looks extremely weird...
May 10, 2011 8:40 PM

Sep 2008
The head chef and Mr. Beans made this episode.
May 10, 2011 9:01 PM

Nov 2008
Yay!!! Tooru and Ohana. I don't dislike Ko, but if he doesn't show up sooner he might lose Ohana and honestly I would not mind that much. I ship for both, but I'm seriously going more and more to Tooru's side. I would feel bad for Minko, but I just can't see her in a relationship with Tooru or anyone for that matter. I don't know if Tooru x Ohana will happen, but if it does, it'd be awesome.

Also I know someone said that Tooru likes Ohana, b/c he thinks that she was the only one who went after him when they thought he was leaving, but everything starts from somewhere, so why does it matter. Although I think he noticed her even before that so w/e.

Looking forward to the next episode.
SephiriAzureMay 11, 2011 5:57 AM
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 11, 2011 2:58 AM

Apr 2011
This episode made me laugh!
hahahahaha :D
This show has all the emotions that u can think of!

http://www.deepbluevortex.com/2011/04/hanasaku-iroha-episode-4-review.html&imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oD8YMUkBLv4/TbeH_fCrl0I/AAAAAAAAAvY/2eU_Jn6S25U/s1600/hanasaku-iroha-episode-4-4.png&w=954&h=535&ei=el3KTYSeAo-IuAOJ3LiQBQ&zoom=1" border="0" />
May 11, 2011 4:48 AM

Jun 2008
13man18 said:

I just laughed at the ending when Tohru smiled and his boss dropped his food in surprise. .

Yeah it seems he doesn't smile often like that. Despite the feelings he seems to have for her, Ohana's positive and little naive attitude, brings light to peoples hearts making them smile in general. People like that can annoy you a little at times because they aren't good with subtlety but you also got to love them for making you feel more positive and the fact that they are completely honest and straightforward. They are the last kind of people that will have evil cunning thoughts behind your back.

It was quite a sweet episode. One of the best until now definitely. The colorful kimonos thing was kind of ruined though because of the aprons they wear in-frond of them.

I have a feeling someone won't be allowed to visit the inn again.Lol.
Personally i approve the idea of raising the slit of the China dress. It will definitely had made me visit again lol.

Snowflakes said:
Wildsleven said:
This show is only getting better and better, cant wait for next week. I wonder what minko will react when she finds out about this situation :P

I have a feeling she has an inkling already >:

Exactly! She has already kind of realized what's going on.

SephiriAzure said:

Also I know someone said that Tooru likes Ohana, b/c he thinks that she was the only one who went after him when they thought he was leaving, but everything starts from somewhere, so why does it matter. Although I think noticed her even before that so w/e.

Yeah it really wasn't that. The first time i suspected something was when he asked her to go to town with him to help him. She asked him why or something if i remember correctly and he really didn't have much of a reason. It seemed that he just wanted to be with her and as it goes now it's proven to be the case.
MonadMay 11, 2011 6:51 AM
May 11, 2011 5:27 AM

Feb 2011
after long wait now i watching this episode

nice episode
give me some relaxing time

and suddenly new ED
i don't understand why they doing that
May 11, 2011 6:10 AM
May 2009
Ohana makes this anime great. Seriously, that girl is awesome and refreshing in several aspects.

This episode showed it again. If it helps to get more customers, she is open enough to use a women's sex appeal for that. She is surprisingly mature about stuff like that, which was also shown in episode 3. That goes hand in hand with Yuina, and I'm really looking forward to the center about Yuina and Ohana, to see them interact more. They'd make a good combo.

Romance is also again what it should be: not really important. For a male-targeted show, episode 5 had a bit too much of that, so this was a good breather. Ohana being such a good lead comes out much more in episodes like this one I'd say.
May 11, 2011 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. Both the dresses in the beginning and in the end were very beautiful in their own way. That and Ohana never fails to bring a smile on my face.

Tooru is starting to like Ohana? What will Minko think of this?! O_O

May 11, 2011 6:23 PM

Aug 2010
About $250 for a months work. Arent there laws against that?
May 11, 2011 6:50 PM

Nov 2010
That father really screwed up, those dresses were so cute!
May 11, 2011 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
FuzzyStormz said:

16 year olds should be happy they're getting payed at all. Minimum wage only comes into the equation after you're a legal adult.
Why do you think summer jobs are given to high-schoolers rather than adults? Because you can pay them slave wages.
No grown person is going to accept $2000 for three months of work.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 11, 2011 9:12 PM

Oct 2010
FuzzyStormz said:
TBH a lot of jobs have regulation problems in general over in Asia just look at Nike and China case. My point is that lots of people want to maximize profit and their means can be teens as a end to it then they shall use that to their advantage.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 12, 2011 4:58 AM

Aug 2008
Now I like Tohru. He has some nice preference. I approve it.
May 12, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2008
Vinter said:
FuzzyStormz said:

16 year olds should be happy they're getting payed at all. Minimum wage only comes into the equation after you're a legal adult.
Why do you think summer jobs are given to high-schoolers rather than adults? Because you can pay them slave wages.
No grown person is going to accept $2000 for three months of work.

Actually depending on the circumstances, they will. If what you have is nothing, even that money is better than staying with nothing. Still employers prefer the usual route of a teenager though.
The problem is governments(this goes for all countries) don't give a shit about all this employers breaking the laws of minimal wage. They don't care because politicians ain't the ones suffering and because is too hard work to catch them. Also they are afraid that by doing so they will make them take their business away and the only way that such a hunt will bring resold with no affect to some business going away is if all the countries were as faithful to the minimum wage limit, something that it's impossible.

Anyway in this case it isn't really bad though, since lets not forget the cost of her shelter, food, even clothes is being redacted from her wage. So in reality she gets a lot more than that. Besides she's the granddaughter of the owner so other excuses can be made.
May 12, 2011 11:00 PM

Jan 2009
Haha, loved Renji's reaction of dropping his food when he saw Tohru
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
May 13, 2011 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
It's a pretty episode :3

I don't expect that Tohru likes Ohana °_°" Poor Minchi!
May 13, 2011 7:00 PM

Jul 2009
Lol @ the dresses. I like the kimonos though (although they were covered up with aprons). Beanman is so awesome! :P Plus it looks like Tohru likes Ohana as well ... ;O
Hmm, so I'm a bit confused, do they work before they go to school? They'd have to get up REALLY early then ... plus I guess it WOULD be OK if customers arrived at like, 7AM? Does Nako not live at the inn? I mean she was taking her bike and everything ... maybe she lives away for weekend? :P
May 13, 2011 9:56 PM

Dec 2010
oo, Tohru got hots for Ohana.. ;)
May 15, 2011 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
Tohru/Ohana > Tohru/Minko & Kouichi/Ohana. By far<3
May 15, 2011 12:16 PM
Apr 2011
Omg! Tohoru has a crush... on Ohana? =/ I can see trouble coming...
I truly liked the fact that Minchi talks with Ohanna before sleeping =)! I really hope they become friends >w<!
May 16, 2011 12:42 PM

Nov 2009
Tohru's 'in love face' was hillarious. I loved how the head chef dropped his food.

Although i want Ko to come back to fend him off. Feel bad for Minko, i like multiple happy couples.

I laughed when she proposed making the dressing more revealing to her grandma.
May 18, 2011 3:38 AM
Nov 2008
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!! I hope Tohru dun start liking Ohana....what about Ko-chan?And..and..what about Minchi? Nuuuuuu!!!! They better NOT be doing this!
May 22, 2011 11:10 PM

Aug 2010
FiiFO said:
Enjoyed the episode and from the looks of things -

Tooru is starting to show his feelings for Ohana from the obvious looks he's been showing throughout this episode X3

Yeah lol, I don't know why he wouldn't go for Minchi though :P
May 24, 2011 9:50 AM
Feb 2009
FiiFO said:
Enjoyed the episode and from the looks of things -

Tooru is starting to show his feelings for Ohana from the obvious looks he's been showing throughout this episode X3
it was epic that even renji droped his food when he saw tooru's "day dreaming"
oblivious is a bliss
Jun 1, 2011 2:01 AM

Aug 2010
NO TOHRU DONT!!! I knew it!! Since the episode whereby they all thought Tohru left for Fukuya! I want Minchi to be with Tohru, since Ohana has Ko. Ko is so cuteee!!!! The more i look at Tohru and Ko the more i like them!!!!

Hahaa the facial expression of tohru while he ate his meal at the end of the episode was hilarious! maybe he was thinking of how ohana looked in those new uniforms (kimono)??? And then the head chef dropped his food when he saw tohru's face! Cant help but laugh!! Hahaa!
Jun 1, 2011 9:52 PM

Aug 2009
Tohru's face expressions in this episode are priceless~!
And he is starting to be interested with Ohana..
Wonder what will Minchi do?
She hates Ohana at the start and will hate her MORE.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jun 3, 2011 3:52 PM
Mar 2010
good episode, but it wasn't excellent... probably we will see some "pacific" episode, in this way we can discovery any various aspect of all charas...
even so, Ohana is real a funny girl!!

Tohru..... seems like Ohana... I'm quite certain of this thing....

next to 7th ep
Jun 24, 2011 8:19 AM
Mar 2011
tiny bit of fanservice every episode from now on? lol :P
Nov 6, 2011 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
I love this love triangle SO much!!! *FANGIRL SCREEAM* xD

Tohru and Ohana are so cute! I'm still a Ko-fan though :D. You know what I think, Ko will be coming to see Ohana, and then Tohru will confess and kiss Ohana right when Ko comes. Ko will be devastated and go home.. Poor Ko.
Nov 6, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
KaitoDash said:
Now I like Tohru. He has some nice preference. I approve it.

xD I love how you said that!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.