Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2011 10:50 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Crowwwwwwwwww. Damn. <3
May 7, 2011 11:09 AM

Nov 2007
crow is pretty cool hope he sticks around. other than that we learn more of The Deadmen and what's going on.
May 7, 2011 11:12 AM
Oct 2008
Crow is one of those guys who believes that girls have cooties.
May 7, 2011 11:43 AM

Jul 2009
I'm assuming Crow was the previous person they used that robot on before.
May 7, 2011 11:48 AM

Aug 2007
Good old Crow. Man I really like how his deadman powers work. Though Ganta's isn't bad either. Wasn't a bad episode at all. Learn more about the deadman and they are pretty much animals force to fight each other. Can't wait for the next ep with that 1 on 1 battle. :D
May 7, 2011 12:02 PM

Sep 2009
For russian-speaking guys Ganta's nickname sounds very funny ))). Cause one of the meanings of дятел(woodpecker) in russian is smth like "naive idiot"
May 7, 2011 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
Well, Senji was more disappointing than he should've been.
But he might just be redeemed next week, because :reasons:
Oh and, there was even some Toto in thar~

Now, just gimme' Minatsuki already and I'll be happeh.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 7, 2011 12:09 PM
Sep 2009
damn what a pussy :(
May 7, 2011 12:13 PM

Jun 2010
Crow is so awesome. I can't wait for that episode next week. The Corpse Carnival seems promising. I wonder if it'll end in one episode or two episodes. I loved how Shiro was making a big fuss in the beginning.

May 7, 2011 12:21 PM

Sep 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
For russian-speaking guys Ganta's nickname sounds very funny ))). Cause one of the meanings of дятел(woodpecker) in russian is smth like "naive idiot"
Well then its a perfect code name for him.

Crow~ *muah*; he looked hotter in the manga though specially after the *beep*
Branches of sin does look awesome animated.
Great BGM and a somewhat good episode.
May 7, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
is it me or is it this anime looks so dark. (not the story, im talking about the art.graphics whatevr u call it) there are some scenes that i really cant see anything that i had to move closer to the screen. :/
iWishTifaWasRealMay 7, 2011 12:37 PM
May 7, 2011 12:45 PM

Aug 2010
OH CROW <3 *drools* Y u so hawt?!

Oosran said:

Now, just gimme' Minatsuki already and I'll be happeh.

This. Minatsuki > Everyone else
May 7, 2011 12:54 PM
Sep 2009
It didn't seem to me like much at all happened in this episode. A shame, but it was meant for setup, I suppose~
May 7, 2011 12:58 PM

Apr 2011
Crow is scared of girls XD I feel sorry for Ganta at the end, going through all that torture that 4 eyed f*** will pay. Again another great episode :D
May 7, 2011 1:08 PM
Aug 2010
Oh jeez I loooove Crow~~ He's so cute; all nervous and whatnot around girls who aren't covered up~ <3
May 7, 2011 1:24 PM

May 2008
LOL Crow. He's a riot xD "Lab coats might be dangerous...Probably!" that made me lol. I'm gonna love that guy.

Apr 2010
I wish Ganta would stop screaming... My ears were bleeding after the episode ended =_='

Liked the start a lot... It's kinda going downhill. I'll start reading the manga soon as well.

The OP is great though, yeah Ganta (Toshirou XD) needs to stop screaming though... I already am annoyed of that voice from Bleach... I don't need him screaming like a maniac in my ears.

Jun 2010
Eh, the episode kinda dragged it's heels a bit, but hey it's deadman wonderland animated and I'm still loving it.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
May 7, 2011 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
LMAO Crow scared of girls xD made me laugh..
or maybe he's just weak against them? ..meh who knows

good episode, that Corpse Carnival seems like fun xD;; (well.. interesting, if you aren't the one dying..) just saying..
can't wait for next episode to see more of Crow~ o3o/
May 7, 2011 1:59 PM
Oct 2008
Kinda surprised about episodes content. Judging from ending i was thinking they are going to end arc one by epsiode 6 and rush second arc to 12. But from this episode and next's preview it's clearly impossible. Predicting second season.
May 7, 2011 2:25 PM

Nov 2008
iWishTifaWasReal said:
is it me or is it this anime looks so dark. (not the story, im talking about the art.graphics whatevr u call it) there are some scenes that i really cant see anything that i had to move closer to the screen. :/
^It's not just you. It's freakin' dark and I can't see a damn thing unless I glue my eyes closer to the screen :/ Well that only applies to the tunnel and G-block at the moment. I'm kinda worried if the Corpse Carnival will also have dark environment too. I really wanted to see the fight animated

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 7, 2011 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
Dark, too dark :/ The song theme in beginning sounded epic, must have!

Tutoring Ganta with forcing him watching people getting split in pieces, feel sorry for young boy.

May 7, 2011 2:29 PM

Apr 2009
Well, it certainly was a pretty good episode, but it it dragged a bit. As if nothing much happened during those 22 minutes. But apart from this, it was good enough. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the battle in the next episode.

On the other note: those 5 or 6 minutes at the beginning were too dark, I had to switch off all lights to see anything. And I still didn't see much. Kind of meh .__.

May 7, 2011 2:29 PM

Feb 2010
So, what the hell, it bleeps what Crow says, but Ganta later on says "fuck" with no problems?
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

May 7, 2011 2:34 PM

Feb 2010
Oh god...this "Deadman's Wonderland" is one crazy place with crazy people that run it...there's torture and then there's abnormal and cruel torture...if they were in then America surely...

I don't know why but I kept thinking of how it's all a game to them, if I were Ganta I'd beat the crap out of that four-eyes grinning freak...geez...he's sure confident and enjoying his pain. Makes me pissed.
May 7, 2011 2:38 PM

Sep 2007
I agree with the others who're just looking forward yo when Minatsuki shows up. Haha. And the lighting does seem real dark. Can't see very clearly in the dimmer scenes.
May 7, 2011 2:55 PM

Jun 2009
Lol at Crow being a policeman before. He's pretty cool, so the episode was good as well.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 7, 2011 3:15 PM
Apr 2011
I'm getting the feeling that I might have to way for the dvd/BD for this series...
May 7, 2011 3:16 PM

Dec 2009
We got some new info, but it did little for me. If it weren't for Shiro I'd probably stop watching.
Ara ara.
May 7, 2011 3:27 PM

May 2009
iWishTifaWasReal said:

Eh...really? It's fine for me.

I want some more Makina and of course more deadmans!
Lovin' Crow.
May 7, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
They're still taking their time getting through the story. We got to see Crow introduced and we now know about Sector G, but, other than that, not much going on in this episode. Hopefully, Crow vs Woodpecker won't take up too much time, and we'll get to see Minatsuki introduced and that one scene with Shiro in ep 5.

Yeah, next episode will be great.
May 7, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
CRAZEH247 said:
yeah Ganta (Toshirou XD) needs to stop screaming though... I already am annoyed of that voice from Bleach... I don't need him screaming like a maniac in my ears.
I know, he spends way too much of the episode screaming. I probably wouldn't care if it was anyone other than Romi Paku, though. For instance, Shiro's constant yelling about Ganta didn't really bother me.

EarlCiel said:
I don't know why but I kept thinking of how it's all a game to them, if I were Ganta I'd beat the crap out of that four-eyes grinning freak...geez...he's sure confident and enjoying his pain. Makes me pissed.
Hm, I think he kind of did give off the impression he'll do more than beat up the Promoter, given the chance. XD

Senji is pretty awesome. The way he acted around Shiro and then the nurse was hilarious. Here's hoping the battle between Crow and Woodpecker is interesting. Heh, I wonder what other bird-named Deadmen there are.
May 7, 2011 3:43 PM

May 2010
I really like how no one has mentioned Clockwork Orange.
May 7, 2011 4:15 PM

Oct 2010
This is fucking crazy after 4 episodes, my mind is going fucked up. I swear. What's worst is the flashbacks, that class massacre is really bad. I really wish they stopped putting those flashbacks because we know already. The flashbacks of Miki are particularly atrocious since I can still see that freaking head of hers each time I see her alive. I who the red man is but WTF is Ganta really going to do about it. That's what I want to know. Anyways this episode I cheer with everyone of how cool Senji is cool in the following,

literally reminds me of Bao and some other characters with those blades including Shinkurou from Kurenai, strangely enough.

After seeing Ganta in the following,

I am with you everyone about fuck you Tsunenaga for doing this to Ganta. You are a shit head in the end. I though he was insane but he is completely all for the Branch of Sin users only and their potential. Anyone can spoil me about the "Red Hole"?

About Senji Kiyomasa AKA Crow Claws, shortly about him would be he sure has a problem with woman based on the spoiler
specifically breasts I would say when they jiggle. It was not only with Shiro but also that nurse girl. I can also say that interrupting Senji's fights makes him rather really insane says the following spoiler
dude was about to kill that woman who did fuck all to hurt him maybe just said too much.

About Ganta Igarashi, there is one more thing I loved about him, that is power over 9000! According to the spoiler
that blood ball broke through Senji's blades that IMO have a rather heavy resistance to breaking, projects him a la DB and good thing he stops it but that sure did not help considering this radiological scan shows broken ribs and part of the spinal cord.

About miscellaneous stuff, well certainly that nurse in the spoiler
ain't that half bad TBH. Rather fucked “Corpse Carnival” when there things like a women having pikes pierce with blood pissing, I consider it the neo-gladiator shit, however I am rather interested in meeting the person in the spoiler
he is rather interesting to see in action.

About ED/preview, well the ED gets me nostalgic about what happens in the first episode all the time based on the spoiler
that one pic just does the job. That's why I wish the flashbacks stopped, I swear I freaking see the ripped off head of Miki all the time. Few animes made me do that TBH. This is one freaking anime to do that to me. In regards to the preview, oh shit the match is in a iron cage! Crazy! Will be looking forward to it and nice to have Shiro around all the time, since it's like another Nessa but not sure once certain things are more clear that I shall think of the same of her.

BTW: Kick ass OP! It's all in English and I can sing really easy. One passage I like about the song is "Master plan" because that what Ganta has been put through and Tsunenaga clearly explained that to him and why. I am not surprised, if he was alive with no power he might not have gone to prison. I knew he was a scapegoat since the beginning.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 7, 2011 4:20 PM
Nov 2010
A fine episode, Crow is cool, I hope he'll stick around...
May 7, 2011 4:21 PM

Aug 2008
The part towards the end is just gory.
And the appearance of Crow makes Ganta look like a wimp tbh.
May 7, 2011 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
Crow guy is fun. I suppose he will became an ally in the future? Good day for Ganta i suppose. No the torturing wasn't fan but hell he learned how to use his power and knows who the sun of the bitches are that he needs to kill.

People please i don't want to hear about new characters coming from you. Stop spoiling the fun for others, please. Respect the rules of forum about not being allowed to mention future manga developments.

Yes the scenes in the start were a little dark but not seeing anything is an exaggeration. Calibrate your screens people, or stop using laptops as home cinemas. They ain't meant for that shit.
May 7, 2011 5:34 PM

Jul 2010
So the Red Man was the start of the Branches of Sin infection. Crow is a deadman but has absolutely no idea about the Red Man...so how did Crow get his powers?

I also don't wanna read about spoilers, because now I'm wondering...who is Minatsuki or whoever?

Crow's swords look like fins xD but he's cool
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
May 7, 2011 5:37 PM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
People please i don't want to hear about new characters coming from you. Stop spoiling the fun for others, please. Respect the rules of forum about not being allowed to mention future manga developments.

I have to agree with you there, sir.

Monad said:
Yes the scenes in the start were a little dark but not seeing anything is an exaggeration. Calibrate your screens people, or stop using laptops as home cinemas. They ain't meant for that shit.
I was watching this on my laptop and had no probles with dark scenes at the beginning.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 7, 2011 5:47 PM

Sep 2009
Shiro's very intense and the beginning of the episode was definitely very dark. I was eating dinner so after a I while I just gave up and watched whatever I could see from where I sat.

Those things they used to keep Ganta's eyes open seemed really morbid. Was it /in/ his eye?
May 7, 2011 5:56 PM

Apr 2011
Crow seems fuckin AWESOME :D Next episode is supposed to be a fight to the death between him and Ganta, and if that's the case I'm sure Ganta won't be dying anytime soon... I hope our hero spares him in the end and they become allies, though, because I'd hate to see such a badass character die so fast.

Odd that some of the curses are bleeped and others aren't. Wonder what words they're saying that're so bad and if they even translate into English (since just leaving out the honorific can be considered incredibly rude)...

Also glad to finally get a bit of explanation on the Branches of Sin and the Red Man who spreads the 'disease'. I fail to see any downside in having the ability to form your blood into weapons tho, other than finding yourself in G Block ...

5/5
May 7, 2011 6:29 PM

Oct 2007
The BGM in the beginning of the episode was nice, I'm so getting the bgm/ost of this show... if I can find where to get it...
May 7, 2011 6:40 PM

Aug 2010
Nice, Ganta can use his powers. The battle next episode should be cool to watch.
May 7, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
Monad said:

Perhaps it should be better to just delete all new characters from the Character List on the main page then, since it kinda spoils everything.

C'mon, it's just a name, you don't even know who that person is going to be, since the only thing that was said was that we hope to see Minatsuki animated soon (that's not even "discussing something" xD). You can even read her name on the character list, it's not a surprise >_>
It's not a "Future manga development" if it's just name, you don't know what's going to happen. It's the same as saying "OMG John is gonna appear real soon!" "WTF Why did you say that?! Now I know "John" is going to appear, although I have no idea who he is or what role he will play in the story!".

Start complaining about those people who keep revealing who the Red Man is in every single thread first.
SoraKuroMay 7, 2011 8:19 PM
May 7, 2011 8:25 PM

Nov 2008
When Ganta was trying to fight against Crow...I thought pathetic...Anyways Crow was pretty awesome and his reaction towards Shiro was pretty funny. I felt bad for Ganta at the end..been forced to watch something like that, must of sucked.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 7, 2011 9:30 PM

Apr 2011
xxSaspra said:
Those things they used to keep Ganta's eyes open seemed really morbid. Was it /in/ his eye?

It was in his eyelid I believe, holding them open. Same setup as in Clockwork Orange, with the exact opposite aim no doubt; forcing violent images into his mind to make him snap and come after Crow as angrily as he did the Promoter.
May 7, 2011 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
I kinda knew I would like Crow. He's so badass!
And I like Makina a lot <3

I still wish this show didn't have kawaii characters like Shiro, but the blood and the rest makes it epic.
May 7, 2011 10:50 PM

May 2010
Awesome episode, though the avatars they use for meetings are rather out of place.
May 7, 2011 11:11 PM

Sep 2009
I still can't get used to how ridiculous the premise is.

I can tell now that I'm going to be angry at Tsunenaga every week. All that anger will only be worth it if he gets what he deserves before the end of the show.
May 7, 2011 11:34 PM

Aug 2008
Well, we do get a bit more educated about this f*cked up place. And Crow seems like an interesting enough character, but Ganta looks so damn pitiful it's just sad. He should be batsh*t insane by this point. Then again, maybe he is.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

346 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.