Forums
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jul 27, 2008 2:07 PM

-hoshi- said:
ancientshadow said:

lol we are taking over.
oh kin-chan, my brother goes to Davis.

Sweet! More cali. Welcome, ancientshadow.

_Kiba_ said:
Fullerton College. My major is Biochem :D

o_o another Cali? wow welcome! Biochem sounds HARD.

oh dear. this actually reminds me. I live in Cali, but I don't go to school here~

hmmm biochem huh... I know a couple people in that, doesnt seem TOO bad, well at least not nearly as bad as engineering... T_T so much work...

and welcome ancientshadow, hope you enjoy your time here.
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Jul 28, 2008 4:39 AM
elc1247 said:
-hoshi- said:
ancientshadow said:

lol we are taking over.

_Kiba_ said:

oh dear. this actually reminds me. I live in Cali, but I don't go to school here~

hmmm biochem huh... I know a couple people in that, doesnt seem TOO bad, well at least not nearly as bad as engineering... T_T so much work...

thank you guys for the welcome. =)
and I certainly will enjoy it here.

Jul 28, 2008 12:28 PM

elc1247 said:
-hoshi- said:
ancientshadow said:

lol we are taking over.

_Kiba_ said:

Well, when Chemistry has never been your strongest subject it gets kind of hard ;_;

Jul 28, 2008 12:44 PM

_Kiba_ said:

Well, when Chemistry has never been your strongest subject it gets kind of hard ;_;

Wah? Then why'd you decide to major in it? *shudders* I can't imagine that as a major.. Anything science-y makes me scared.

Jul 28, 2008 1:07 PM

-hoshi- said:
_Kiba_ said:

Wah? Then why'd you decide to major in it? *shudders* I can't imagine that as a major.. Anything science-y makes me scared.

Im trying to go for a job that I've always wanted. Sadly, it involves a lot of science so I got a lot to handle :P

Jul 28, 2008 2:33 PM

-hoshi- said:
_Kiba_ said:

lol... engineering is also one hellava insane type of major... so much work and science and math as well... T_T
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Jul 28, 2008 8:22 PM

elc1247 said:
Cal-Poly (California Polytechnical Institute), with a Computer Engineering major

Wow you're a Cal Poly too aye? Too bad it's not the same one I'm from. I'm from Cal Poly Pomona and I'm majoring in Finance, Marketing, and Economics. (Not sure about marketing yet tho).

Jul 28, 2008 11:12 PM

Reppin the EAST COAST here! New York Ci~tay.

I currently go to Nassau Community College studying Graphic Design and soon (spring) transferring to Queens College for the next 2 years to get my BA in Graphic Design. :)

Jul 29, 2008 12:45 PM

TheLolrus said:

Wow you're a Cal Poly too aye? Too bad it's not the same one I'm from. I'm from Cal Poly Pomona and I'm majoring in Finance, Marketing, and Economics. (Not sure about marketing yet tho).

Marketing!! :] What I'm going into. Welcome~

PandaPuff said:
Reppin the EAST COAST here! New York Ci~tay.

I currently go to Nassau Community College studying Graphic Design and soon (spring) transferring to Queens College for the next 2 years to get my BA in Graphic Design. :)

NYC is an awesome place. I went there for Thanksgiving, cause my relatives live in Edgewater, NJ. I visited my friend @ NYU, and I love the city!! Welcome!

Jul 29, 2008 1:05 PM

Universidade Portucalense (Portugal). And my major is Computer Software.

Jul 29, 2008 5:51 PM

Death-Summoner said:

welcome, Portugal huh? pretty far from most of us here in the USA... hows the campus there?

Jul 29, 2008 10:43 PM

Yay, somebody at least near me. Welcome indeed.

Jul 30, 2008 1:13 AM

Durham University (UK). Civil Engineering. xD

" It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Jul 30, 2008 4:39 AM

elc1247 said:
Death-Summoner said:

welcome, Portugal huh? pretty far from most of us here in the USA... hows the campus there?

Yeah pretty far. The campus is pretty good, it has everything, but the library is not that great, especially the computer science... But it has a bonus point for having a small shopping mall right across the street XD

Jul 30, 2008 4:15 PM

Cabeloe said:

U.K. huh, u near London? kus I got a friend that lives in London, I hear the grading system is a little different over there in the British Isles.

Jul 31, 2008 6:33 AM

Lol, no, Durham is not near London. Like, opposite ends of the country.
Durham = top of england. London = bottom.

Erm.. well i don't know how it works for you, but for us;
40%-50% = 3rd
50%-60% = 2-2
60%-70% = 2-1
70%+ = 1st

Jul 31, 2008 7:27 AM
hi hi... I'm at Central TAFE College of Art & Design doing Contemporary Craft & Visual Arts. It's fine art with a contemporary twist on it.
It's the only art school in Western Australia. I'm thinking of after completing my course to continue my learning of the arts either in Japan or England. After all that, hopefully I'll one day be able to illustrate my own art book and publish it. ^_^ Though I'm getting ahead of myself, maybe. Y.Y

Jul 31, 2008 8:42 AM

Cabeloe said:

yay! Someone near me!
I was gonna go to Durham but I heard they got rid of their Asian Languages department and so I decided to go to Newcastle. Dunno if it was true or not.. but it is easier for me to get to Newcastle than Durham. Even though Durham is probably closer.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jul 31, 2008 10:08 AM

I am going to study Chemistry at Leibniz Universität Hannover(Hanover, Germany).
Modified by jackslade, Jul 31, 2008 10:14 AM

Jul 31, 2008 10:48 AM

jackslade said:
I am going to study Chemistry at Leibniz Universität Hannover(Hanover, Germany).

Woohoo~ Germany! I think you're the first I've seen from Germany in this club? I don't know.

Jul 31, 2008 12:01 PM

California State University Fullerton, currently a Business Management major w/emphasis on finance (minor)

Jul 31, 2008 2:42 PM

kachosen576 said:
California State University Fullerton, currently a Business Management major w/emphasis on finance (minor)

hmmm, another Californian to add to the growing mob, apparently I am also in a CSU. though I have no idea where fullerton is...

Jul 31, 2008 11:55 PM
i'm at pepperdine university in malibu - sweet digs i have to say :D studying organizational communication and marketing

jackslade - i lived in heidelberg last year for a few months, i know its far from hanover but i loved living in germany so much!

Aug 1, 2008 6:01 AM

cabbit-chan said:
Cabeloe said:

yay! Someone near me!
I was gonna go to Durham but I heard they got rid of their Asian Languages department and so I decided to go to Newcastle. Dunno if it was true or not.. but it is easier for me to get to Newcastle than Durham. Even though Durham is probably closer.

YAYNESS! I have no idea about th asian languages department. i do know that they do free japanese lessons but i'm not sure if it's the department or the japanese center place. but oh well.
YAY FOR THE NORTH!!!

Aug 1, 2008 3:23 PM
Cameron University
Lawton, Oklahoma

B.S in Technology

Aug 1, 2008 3:43 PM

Cabeloe said:

YAYNESS! I have no idea about th asian languages department. i do know that they do free japanese lessons but i'm not sure if it's the department or the japanese center place. but oh well.
YAY FOR THE NORTH!!!

Ooh! I've been to the Japanese Cnetre place... I went for the Teikyo (?) Festival I think at the end of last year.. or maybe the beginning of this year. It was fun :) I ate Yakisoba, went in the Haunted House and surprised some Japanese people with my Japanese XD They had a One Piece display :P Fun time.
I'll probably be going there again.
I love Durham :) It's so classical and pretty. I don't visit as often as I should but that is mostly due to it being hard to get to. I need a car, since I don't know the buses that well lol. I should get the train more often lol. Why can't the Metro go to Durham? *sigh*
Soo... what is your football affiliation (if you have one)?

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Aug 2, 2008 12:30 PM

i feel so completely lost... I havent actually been to the UK yet...

Aug 5, 2008 5:34 AM

I'm in community college here in Serbia, majoring in journalism.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 5, 2008 9:29 AM
wow! Serbia, nothing quite as exotic here.
I go to McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario). I am in the Honors Bachelor of Health Sciences program and am minoring in Japanese Studies (that is if I can manage to get one more Jap course in my schedule....sigh, signed up for what would have been the best class ever - Japanese film studies - but it got dropped from the curriculum...tear)

Aug 5, 2008 2:44 PM

-_- at least you guys have those kinds of courses... im stuck at a technical college, so none of those "japanese culture" classes are available here.

Aug 6, 2008 9:06 AM

Biology at UMass Amherst

Aug 8, 2008 1:17 AM

elc1247 said:
kachosen576 said:

hmmm, another Californian to add to the growing mob, apparently I am also in a CSU. though I have no idea where fullerton is...

HOW DARE YOU!!

It's the school that our great leader and god, Xinil, attends!! XD

Aug 9, 2008 12:24 AM

kin-chan said:
elc1247 said:
kachosen576 said:

HOW DARE YOU!!

It's the school that our great leader and god, Xinil, attends!! XD

who Xinil?

Aug 9, 2008 10:17 AM

I've seen that name somewhere before. I don't know
Watch first, decide later!

Aug 9, 2008 2:55 PM

Xinil is the username of Garret Gyssler who is also the beloved creator of MAL.

But yeah my college is Chaminade University of Hawaii and my major is Historical & Political Studies and International Studies.

Modified by FakerEmiya, Aug 9, 2008 2:59 PM

Aug 9, 2008 3:15 PM

What is MAL?

Aug 9, 2008 3:25 PM

MAL = MyAnimeList.net

Its just an abbreviation for the website.

Aug 9, 2008 5:51 PM

LOL

Aug 9, 2008 6:04 PM

FakerEmiya said:
Xinil is the username of Garret Gyssler who is also the beloved creator of MAL.

But yeah my college is Chaminade University of Hawaii and my major is Historical & Political Studies and International Studies.

lol... i doubt that anyone would pay attention to all this stuff...

anyways, welcome to the club.

Aug 9, 2008 7:58 PM

No one ever pays attention to that stuff but anyways thanks for the welcome.

Aug 10, 2008 7:02 AM

Have I posted on this yet? Oh well.

I'm from the Philippines and my school is Holy Angel University. Course: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, will soon major in Broadcast Journalism (or Advertising. I'm still undecided.) So there. Nice to meet you all! ^_^

Aug 10, 2008 1:22 PM

rainbow_heart said:

I'm from the Philippines and my school is Holy Angel University. Course: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, will soon major in Broadcast Journalism (or Advertising. I'm still undecided.) So there. Nice to meet you all! ^_^

interesting, i have plenty of Filipino friends how is the campus over there?

Aug 11, 2008 2:16 AM

cabbit-chan:

Wow awesome. Maybe i'll have to go to the next Teikyo festival, it sounds good. I don't really do much anime related stuff around durham, i don't think much exists :P
I just have my late night anime sessions in my room. xD
Ermmmmm... well i'm not uber into football, but i've liked Man Utd since i was little. *don't hurt me*

Aug 11, 2008 5:15 AM

lol, why would I hurt you for liking Man U? That was where Keano made it big lol. I'm a Sunderland fan, in case you can't tell :)

If you don't mind the travel, you could come to the Newcastle University Anime Society meets. I can let you know when, where etc at the beginning of the next semester once we get rolling again XD

Now a club on MAL too!

Aug 11, 2008 6:13 AM

elc1247 said:
rainbow_heart said:

interesting, i have plenty of Filipino friends how is the campus over there?

Oh is that so? The campus here in our place is big. That's all I can say. ^_^ And many buildings. And students are so many that even 5 big canteens cannot accumulate us all. ^^

Aug 11, 2008 7:22 AM

cabbit-chan:

Haha thanks for not hurting me :P
Thanks for the invite. There is an anime society at durham, i've just never been to it. I dunno why, maybe i just never had time, or maybe i was just scared of all the geeky people like me i might meet. :P
So erm, i probably wont be able to make it, i have a car, but it's a half hour drive. But thanks!!

Aug 14, 2008 1:43 AM

University of the Philippines
B.S. Computer Science..^^

Aug 14, 2008 1:58 PM

freeFall said:

Welcome freeFall!! ooooo Philippines~ how is it?

Aug 14, 2008 2:33 PM

freeFall said:

oh man CS is a pain... then again CPE is even more so... -_-

Aug 15, 2008 1:08 AM

-hoshi- said:
freeFall said:

Welcome freeFall!! ooooo Philippines~ how is it?

..yoroshikun!!^^nice meeting you.
hmM..what more can i say of a free country.XD
but really the people here just don't get enough of what they want.lolz

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »