Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 12, 2011 6:53 AM
Apr 2010
Ok... The mechanics behind the fight is eluding me... I find VERY interesting, but I can't seem to grasp the concept and logic behind it, and how it all works. Anyone here care to elaborate more on it?
May 12, 2011 9:21 AM

May 2010
^
Click the link in my signature! :)
May 12, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, so I guess becoming bankrupt means you lose everything you got with your money too? Seeing as how his prof basically could only support his children from his deals ... that's ... interesting. Guess that's what they mean by your "future"?
Looks like you can have more than one Asset as well, and buy into their "stocks" to get more money (for fighting?). Yea, I am a bit confused about the fighting as well
Mikuni seems not really interesting in making just money and wants to keep the balance in the real world as well. Hmm, so this Guild thing of his ... o_O
May 13, 2011 4:25 PM
Feb 2009
teach.. lost everything..
May 13, 2011 8:28 PM

Dec 2010
its getting interesting.
May 14, 2011 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
I can't even imagine the psychological impact of losing all your children at once. :|
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 20, 2011 5:35 AM
Jun 2008
mikuni is probably most afraid of his own powerfull asset
May 20, 2011 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
I liked this episode. Good pacing with a bit of insight on everyone's goals and ambitions. Looking forward to the next!
May 20, 2011 7:08 PM

Aug 2010
His kids!!!! HIS KIDSSS!!!!! noooooo
May 30, 2011 1:30 PM
Mar 2011
I really liked this episode ~ 5-5
The more episodes you watch the more interesting it gets !!
I really wanna know how things are going to end (≧∇≦)<3 ..
What if these duels are real..I think I would get bankrupt from the first duel though xD
Jun 8, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
Iilia said:
All of a sudden this show seems a bit darker. That guy's family just went and disappeared on him. I'm surprised he's not at least a little bit bitter at Yoga. Sure, it's not Yoga's fault, but considering all he just lost I wouldn't be surprised if he acted a bit irrationally.

+1
The Mikuni battle was just great.
I just wonder what will Yoga do from now on, considering he's in the Guild.

This is where this show actually gets interesting ^__^.
Jun 16, 2011 6:47 AM

May 2008
This show has some very disturbing messages. And I don't mean like the good kind of entertaining disturbing.

I mean like reading a book on tips for how to get away with rape disturbing.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 26, 2011 7:07 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, so that's what "your future" meant! Really sad that his children disappeared. They shouldn't have been punished for his mistakes. :/

Anyway, my guess is that Kimimaro's father lost his wife (she disappeared too, right?) but maybe she got sick and died, rather than was wiped off the face of the earth like the teacher's kids. I can see him killing himself over that.

Still weird that Mikuni is being nice, since the OP clearly paints him as the antagonist. When are things going to change? Maybe Mikuni beat Kimimaro's dad and he ends up wanting revenge? Idk where this show is trying to go.
Jul 3, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh....I hate it when the characters have "DADDY ISSUES"....

I'm beginning to think this is YGO with large sums of money at stake...
Jul 28, 2011 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
there's not enough mysu in this episode, we hardly know anything about her personality and stuff.
also this show is really confusing

Aug 9, 2011 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
Ahh my favorite part of any anime, when a self-defeating MC like Yoga finally gains the balls required to go forward, put on a brave face, and say "I'll fight". Also, The dude losing his kids = this shit just got heavy. Real, heavy. I wonder what Yoga would lose.. He doesn't seem to have much. His jobs maybe? That chick? She seems important to him. Or maybe the financial distract and his partner, which is pretty much all he's got going for him. Can't figure out why he still works those jobs.. Isn't he like a millionaire now? xD
Oct 22, 2011 8:09 PM

Jun 2011
I thought the Entre's future means the Entre's life, but it looks like it more to the Entre's hope in the future. For that professor, it was his children. I wonder what is Kimimaro's future...

And Mikuni's battle kinda interesting. I wanna see more Q in later episodes..

I like where this is going~
Nov 30, 2011 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Did that fight not remind anyone else of Haku vs. Sasuke/Naruto? LOL

Anyways, great episode, it is starting to get really good! :D
Sep 28, 2012 11:04 AM
Jun 2012
i don't really understand the concept behind the fight. its so confusing but interesting at the same time.
Oct 7, 2012 4:56 PM
Oct 2012
Mikuni's opponent has Haku's power.
Mikuni aims to minimize the effects of the Financial District to the world.

Now, I think that the money involved here is not just Midas Money. It's also the things a person values. It's just sad that the teacher loses his children after getting bankrupt.
Nov 9, 2012 3:09 AM

May 2012
Great episode with awesome fights! Just love it!
Jan 27, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Awesome episode! That fight was awesome! Waited till the last minute so the effects wouldn't be too bad XD.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 5, 2013 10:15 AM

May 2013
Huh? How does forcing a close win help stabalise the real world? Confusing episode overall.
Aug 6, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
I'm so confused right now. I still don't get how the fights go, I don't get how the teacher lost all his children and I don't get how close wins benefit the world. But I shall finish watching this show.
Dec 2, 2014 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
So losing doesn't always mean you have to suicide... that's a relief

Teacher's talk and Mikuni's show are good, shows that there is a way to gain profit while causing minimal misfortune to others

me gusta
Jan 19, 2015 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
I feel sorry for the teacher.. That was such a great loss for him.. But I guess that's how the Finance District works..

So he's finally up for the challenge.. The question is, what will be his reason for fighting..
Apr 3, 2015 5:21 PM
Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
I'm so confused right now. I still don't get how the fights go, I don't get how the teacher lost all his children and I don't get how close wins benefit the world. But I shall finish watching this show.

Did you notice how the donut store in a previous episode suddenly started selling something else? It seems that if you go bankrupt the world changes to a state in which something precious to you didn't happen. The greater the loss the greater the effect on the real world. If you want a stable real world you don't want it to suddenly change state in some important way. These changes will affect the world at large (whilst it may be ignorant of the fact), thus there is no telling what might change when someone loses, especially if someone loses big time. If you like stability this is quite negative as you may for instance find yourself unemployed as the business you worked for suddenly doesn't exist, or maybe your beloved ceased to be and you find yourself lonely. Obviously unless you're involved with the finance district you wouldn't notice, but I don't think that people would be to fond of the idea. The professor's children surely would have had things like friends, lovers and children of their own had they not been erased.

As for how it's possible, it's the same reason as with all these shows: Magic.

(This was more directed at future thread readers that have similar questions rather than yourself mayukachan, as you've probably seen more of the show than I have)
Aug 24, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't really get the stock mechanics during the fights. Must be some analogy to a finance, but I don't see it.

Yoga gotta feel bad about that win :/ He basically "killed" 2 children (and a debatable third). That teacher was extremely considerate, considering what happened, unrealisticly so if I may say.
Saying "If you had lost, something around you would have changed too. Would this be all right ?" and "I don't hate you" the day after he lost his children. I could understand coming to terms aftersome time, but a day... Probably needed a bit more drama that episode, some anger, tears or the like.

And what's with Mikuni's power ? He seems to have multiple Assets, or at least to be able to summon them. Is that what happens when you buy all the stocks of another Asset ?

Also didn't see the logic behind Yoga's resolution. Felt superficial.
Okay episode, but the worst so far imo.
HapHazrDAug 24, 2015 1:51 PM
Aug 8, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm that poor teacher. Even if I liked the fight between him and Kimimaro, it's sad to see his are only like leftover memories. :(

I can understand Kimimaro. On one sight you don't want to win, because it's hurts the other person and on the other sight you don't want to lose because your life will be ruined. Hopefully his teacher will not do suicide.

Mikuni as always absolute great. The fight was perfect. To win with a 1% difference, you to be super strong. But it seems Kimimaro also want to to the same. Winning but not so that the other person goes bankrupt.

Aug 8, 2017 6:30 AM
Jun 2013
Hu so you can buy stock and basically team up. We also see how losing can affect your life. It's sad that his kids were the caladiral. I wonder if there's anyway to get that back. I know we saw a doughnut shop go bye bye but this is way bigger.
Nov 13, 2017 12:48 AM
Apr 2017
So not only do people risk their futures through their actions in the Financial District, they can also retrogressively alter their pasts. Interesting development. I'm enjoying the series.
May 12, 2018 3:16 AM

Sep 2017
So, this episode showed me that maybe the people weren't forced to take suicide or took their lives just because of bankruptcy. Maybe loss of future can involve loss of family, etc.

I think that the guild works like a corporation with insurance. Let's see what decision Yoga takes.

Still not in the clear about the mechanics of the game. I may have to check out the wiki page to know how that works. This has some terms in connection with the stock market, but it doesn't go on to explain anything about them.

Like the stock market, when one person gains on one side, the other person loses on the deal. A ZER0 sum game, to say the least. Maybe this episode was a warning about the dangers of risk taking.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 2, 2019 7:14 PM

Feb 2018
Good job Mikuni, Epic battle.
Mar 20, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2019
An alright episode.
Sep 3, 2020 3:10 AM

Aug 2017
I wonder why not just tell Yoga about all details from the start (about stocks, etc)

Is Yoga part of that "Guild"? I think it was suggested in ep. 3. Or was it just a rumor? I guess so.

Did the scene with the pregnant wife of Yoga's teacher take place before or after the battle? The way Yoga reacted, I thought it was shortly after.

I got a deja vu while watching Yoga's dialogue with the teacher's wife. Did their children just disappear or did they shift to another plain of existence or something?

I wonder if Yoga's teacher chose to battle him or whether it was a coincidence

So, can Yoga and anybody else just stop being a part of this game or not?

Also, is there any deeper meaning to the images on plastic cards? Almost looks like something Tarot-styled. Is Q "paired" with that other demon?

They actually did talk about that in a previous episode. His coworker said he had to work a late night shift at a convenience store because he had to care for his wife and kids. Kimimaro felt respect for the old guy because he was working for someone else, while Kimimaro was simply saving up money for himself. It's probable that his coworker went bankrupt in the Financial District and have his whole family disappear from him, or maybe one of his family members did.

I didn't realize that. By the way, is the 666 thing during the battle a timer or something like that?

Oh, and Q was talking about something happening to the Financial District.
St0rmbladeSep 3, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 10, 2023 8:46 AM

Jan 2021
So all you've gotta do is not lose... I'm in!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.