Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2011 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, now we're getting somewhere with Suzuha. Maybe people will realize how she's actually important enough to be a main character soon enough. Don't take it personally, kuro~
And Dal's being a pervert as usual.
And Mayushii's being an airhead, as usual.
Kurisu hasn't done anything. She knows nothing yet.

Also, it's funneh how what Okarin got mad at wasn't the semi-insult, but the fact that she called him Okabe.

キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
OosranMay 3, 2011 12:20 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 3, 2011 12:38 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode, Kurisu was cute after okarin yelled at her, she needed a hug :3

So as expected jellyman means, that they turned into jelly... sounds weird.

I think things will now start to get serious

4/5
yuno6.jpg
May 3, 2011 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
Good enough, I'd say. They're following the vn quite decently, although some things seem to be too rushed, while the other ones are rather slow-paced. But it's still too early to judge it and say whether it's good or not, from now on things will get a bit more serious and interesting. Looking forward to see the next ep. Oh, and 4/5 for this one.

May 3, 2011 1:32 PM

Jul 2010
Kurisu in a lab coat <3
May 3, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
Great dialogue between okarin and makise again. <3
Why she was glaring at me? because you look like a thug.
What you said? You said Okabe right? ........ just lol, makise face was win.
Okarin doesn't realize about Suzuha yet. how she was interested in IBN 5100 and why she was going to attack makise?
and Makise helped reading all the files in english.
Han-yuuMay 3, 2011 1:43 PM
May 3, 2011 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
I liked this episode, things are finally picking up.
May 3, 2011 1:42 PM

Feb 2010
Oh man Okarin gets more awesome every episode. Best MC of the season by far.
May 3, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
tuturuuu!
May 3, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, I love this series. Okarin is such a good protagonist, I am tired of all those dumb male parodies of protagonists that have dominated anime for recent years. Okarin is a sight for sore eyes.

There is something about Kurisu. One thought was bugging me since i started the series. At the end of ED there is a pic of Kurisu, and it seems it has some meaning. Now that Okarin said they are going to build a working time machine, I think Kurisu will become a test subject, on her own will or be forced due to circumstances.
May 3, 2011 2:16 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was great. Now I'm really convinced that this series will have a good time-travelling story. Can't wait to see what exactly is Amane's role in the whole plot.
May 3, 2011 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
now this is a good series, i really wonder what will happen when/if they travel back in time. its going to be sooo good :D
May 3, 2011 2:26 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic developments, and what's even more interesting is that wel have a huge hidden threat but no connection to reality yet. Bet it's gonna get ugly soon though. Oh and Okarin, Kurisu and Mayushi are really good characters.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 3, 2011 2:36 PM

Jun 2010
As usual, the dialogue is still amusing and entertaining. Suzuha definitely isn't from this timeworld. What she is, and why she had a desire to kill Kurisu remains to be seen. And as expected, the Jellyman's report detailed humans that traveled into the past only to show up as disgusting jellified corpses. So Okarin now seeks to make a complete time machine unlike Sern. The plot is starting to thicken.

O and Kurisu-tina in a labcoat <3
May 3, 2011 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
The way Kurisu-tina says, "Chi-ga-u!" is awesome.

And I love how the part-timer jumps at the possibility of heli-bombs while Okarin is the one who has to explain it's for the fireworks. Normally something like that would be the other way around.

"Daru, why is my assistant crying?"
"She just told you."
Ahaha!
May 3, 2011 3:15 PM

Jan 2010
Holy Crap! Another Win!
Suzuha, foreshadow that she is from the future.
Love this episode
Lab Coat
I fell in my chair when Okabe microwaved the banana. :D
Kurisu Makise Cried :P
Okabe Plot begins :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2011 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
This is the type of series I would marathon if I had the chance.
May 3, 2011 3:21 PM

Nov 2008
If time travel is possible then the one crashed on the rooftop on episode one would be Okarin's doing XDD

Suzuha seems like she can wield a sword with her posture when she met Kurisu. I wonder if she has something to do with her death in the different timeline. Kurisu's death in episode one doesn't seem like a gunshot. Not that I could tell because of that dark location XD

They should make a bigger time machine module. I don't think they could fit into the microwave though I want to see them crawling lol XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 3, 2011 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
more awesome Kurisu moments..

anyway, things are starting to move.. i wanna get the time discontinuity headache again when i read/watch stuff like this.. i hope it impresses, because this is my favorite element in a sci-fi story..
May 3, 2011 3:44 PM

Sep 2009
DenjaX said:
They should make a bigger time machine module. I don't think they could fit into the microwave though
Maybe they could turn the so-called shower into a microwave.

I thought the jelly clan would be more disgusting but it looked normal~ disappointed.
♥Okarin♥; of all the things on this planet-- 'she snorted at you'? XD
Daru you pervy.
Suzuha is being very very suspicious now. Okarin is practically putting everything about her at bay. He will probably have a shock of his life when he gets to know that Suzuha is *beep*
ValentilnMay 3, 2011 5:53 PM
May 3, 2011 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Tu turun~!

So like, this was the very first episode to hook me in completly, unlike previous ones. More Suzuha seems good, i wonder what's her story. For now it seems like she was succesful in traveling back through time(using SERN's technology?) but i wonder if it's so simple. And also there seemed to be some war going on in her times.

Kurisu in lab coat. <3 But i'd like to see more of that hot meganekko that looked for IBN 5100 soon.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 3, 2011 4:14 PM

Oct 2009
Kurisu in a lab coat. Heh.

Suzuha is up to something that we don't know yet. We'll know eventually and Okarin is still being a crazy mad scientist as usual.

So we figured out the full-scale of the Jellyman Report. It turns humans into jelly during these SERN experiments.

May 3, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2010
Kurisu was acting really cute after getting yelled at. Also, I want that yuri!!!!!
May 3, 2011 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
Is there any doubt to me anymore that this is the best show of the season? I think not.

The likeable cast, the setting, the gradually building up plot, the art... Everything is so spectacular to me.

While people have accused the show of being slow paced in nature I have rather been entertained the whole way through. Each episode unfolds with new revelations, and more information.

It seems that this episode is going to be the big turning point in the series. The plot will start to quicken up in pace after this.

May 3, 2011 4:51 PM

May 2009
Still loving the dialogue in this anime - Okarin always manages to make me laugh with his craziness.

Kurisu in a lab coat. And crying. My body can barely handle all this win.
May 3, 2011 4:59 PM

Oct 2010
Awesome as always, it seems things are starting to get into motion, I swear I felt shivers down my spine when Christina read Jellyman's report.

OKARIN IS THE NWO XD

5/5
May 3, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2007
Kurisu in a lab coat yeah! she's rather likable but the man is HOUOUIN KYOUMA! oh fuck more HUMAN IS DEAD, Mismatch. creepy, jellyman? wonder when we'll find out more about what happened with Kurisu back in ep 1? maybe that was a different Kurisu that went back in time?
May 3, 2011 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
interesting episode, explains more of what happens lol xD
and well, some odd things,
jelly people are made from time traveling, (we learned that from the bananas)
what causes the jelly like results.
and now we learned that the new worker (I forgot her name..)
doesn't like Kurisu (but yet, we have no clue why... :c some of us do though..)
HakoshiMay 3, 2011 5:40 PM
May 3, 2011 5:40 PM
Nov 2010
I´m now convinced that
, there were many hints in this episode which suggested that. Another solid episode.
ParasoloMay 3, 2011 5:53 PM
May 3, 2011 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
Man Suzuha has eyes of a killer,so much for a normal part timer.
May 3, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2010
So they did manage to create time travel just like SERN did. You know what I think. I think Kurisu managed to time travel and went to that time where she got stabbed. Okarin saw it, but still hasn't made sense of it.

May 3, 2011 6:14 PM
Jun 2010
quagdingo said:
tuturuuu!

this xD

and this anime is awesome. awesome.
May 3, 2011 6:27 PM

Jan 2010
another weekly dose of kurisu :)
May 3, 2011 7:29 PM

Apr 2011
I'm loving this series so far ... the interactions between Hokarin and ChrisuTIIINA continue to crack me up every week, especially with the supa-hacka's perverted interjections.

So all of SERN's subjects got turned into jelly by being squeezed through a black hole. Wonder if the Phone Microwave creates mini black holes too. And if it does, and that's why the bananas turn into jelly, why would SERN even have proceeded to human trials? All the animals should've been turned into jelly as well, demonstrating that mini-black hole time travel isn't safe.

I give it 4/5
May 3, 2011 7:56 PM

Apr 2011
gotta love Okabe and Christina's conversations. It makes me giggle.

I had shivers as well when they read jellyman's report as well. So the same thing happens to the banana experiment and the report. I feel disturb upon knowing the human experiments where all dead and turn into jelly corpses especially the one thats stuck on the wall.

I give a 5/5. Things are starting to get more serious now.

and thank goodness they didn't make any preview since it'll only spoil the next episode.
MagitoMay 3, 2011 8:57 PM
May 3, 2011 8:02 PM

May 2010
Wow, time travel must be hard to perfect with those many deaths already. It's going to be good to see how they over come the jellyfication.
May 3, 2011 8:41 PM

Oct 2010
Suzuha wins this episode. ^^
5/5 from me, can't wait for the next ep.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
May 3, 2011 9:06 PM

Aug 2010
5/5.

Kurisu-tina and okabe duo lab coat buddies :D

cant wait for next week
May 3, 2011 11:12 PM
Nov 2009
Hououin Kyouma governing the entire world sounds good to me. I look forward to kneeling before the new overlord.
May 3, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
Seven days is way too long to wait between episodes. Since this is 20+ episodes though, there's no way I'm waiting til the end and just marathoning it like I do with shorter shows. I'd have to go like 5 more months without it and that's just not happening.
May 3, 2011 11:56 PM

May 2010
Tutu ruuu~~

As usual, Okabe and Makise's conversations are really entertaining.

Their pose in lab coats definitely tells me that they're going to be an awesome duo. :D
May 4, 2011 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
The origins of Jelly Babies I guess...on a larger scale xD
May 4, 2011 12:36 AM

Feb 2010
mystik said:
Kurisu in a lab coat yeah! she's rather likable but the man is HOUOUIN KYOUMA! oh fuck more HUMAN IS DEAD, Mismatch. creepy, jellyman? wonder when we'll find out more about what happened with Kurisu back in ep 1? maybe that was a different Kurisu that went back in time?

it was already hinted that he probably jumped to another time dimension where she didint die.

and it's also posibly that she was killed by suzuha.
May 4, 2011 1:08 AM
Dec 2008
this show is getting better and better by the episode
i love the characters, especially okabe.
grrr srsly 7 days is too long to wait for the next episode...
May 4, 2011 3:06 AM

Dec 2009
Okarin and Kurisu are a winning team, all their interactions are awesome. Mayuri's 'Tuturuuu' sound is infectious as well and with the plot progressing slowly but surely, it's still the best show of the season.
Ara ara.
May 4, 2011 3:21 AM

May 2010
10th_man_down said:
Kurisu in a lab coat <3

She looks really sexy in that lab coat, I think I will buy one if I spot one !
May 4, 2011 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
YEX said:
10th_man_down said:
Kurisu in a lab coat <3
Everyone should have one at home. A lab coat, that is. Not a Kurisu in a lab coat at home. That'd also be awesome to have though.
Especially if you're a mad scientist. Though the chances for that are pretty low, I guess.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 4, 2011 3:33 AM

Mar 2011
I bet SERN will turn into the "organization" Okabe keeps goin on about haha

His laugh at the end was epic O___O
May 4, 2011 3:40 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode
May 4, 2011 3:59 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
YEX said:
10th_man_down said:
Kurisu in a lab coat <3
Everyone should have one at home. A lab coat, that is. Not a Kurisu in a lab coat at home. That'd also be awesome to have though.
Especially if you're a mad scientist. Though the chances for that are pretty low, I guess.
I'd love to have a Kurisu in a lab coat at home Lab coats are awesome, i'm looking for one from a while.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 4, 2011 4:04 AM

Jul 2010
Vanisher said:
mystik said:

it was already hinted that he probably jumped to another time dimension where she didint die.

and it's also posibly that she was killed by suzuha.

Yea, and when (in the future) Christina travels back in time (maybe against her will, or accidentally), she gets stabbed by Suzuha.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.