Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Toradora! season 2
Aug 31, 2011 1:15 AM

Feb 2011
d4n13lr0x said:
The_Hriday said:
In my opinion, rather than a second season, a bunch of OVAs showing Ryuuji and Taiga's married life in a humourous manner would be far better.

I really want to see this, but as everyone else already pointed out, new material usually just fucks up an already great story.

Well, like Gheizen64 and Indulg3 said, the concept that I suggested won't exactly be new material added to the Toradora! canon or anything. If you've watched Toradora! SOS, you'll see that it's new material too, but it doesn't really affect the series in any way. It's just about the main cast gorging on food. What I'm suggesting is, a couple of sketches in the same spirit as Toradora! SOS; no drama or srs bsns, just exaggerated chibi fun.
Sep 15, 2011 2:48 PM
Sep 2011
although i think a few OVA's would be best...a 2nd season wouldn't be impossible to pull off... i mean just look at clannad: after story.. KEY works managed to make it very successful, and i think maybe an after story about toradora wouldnt be so bad either, as a matter of fact i think it'll be interesting to see what happens with the new couple and the friends.
Oct 22, 2011 7:04 AM

Sep 2011
oh god if they were going to make this, DO NOT make it like clannad after story, if that will happen, I will cry for sure.. I don't wana taiga to die! ;'( I don't want Ryu going all drunk with a baby. Just make a happy serie about Taiga & Ryu having fun at ami's villa :D if people live their lifes it gives me a good feeling..
Oct 22, 2011 7:20 AM

Jun 2009
not for another season, but big YAY for another route of girl...
Jan 2, 2012 6:35 PM
Jan 2012
This anime doesn't need to have a season 2.... It ended in an "and they live happily ever after" manner.

But it's up to the director to make a season 2.. Oh and I want to say something to the director...

"You're Brilliant"
Apr 11, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
I'm just posting on everything Toradora! related at this point. A few 'Another World' style episodes or a fun OVA about Taiga and Ryuuji's married life would be awesome, although I know it's a far cry at this point.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 13, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2010
I'm very content with the way things ended. The show ended right with the Light novel so I don't see the need for more. It would give them more of a chance to ruin what a great show/novel series toradora is.
Apr 29, 2012 10:19 AM

Apr 2012
krunchyshart said:
although i think a few OVA's would be best...a 2nd season wouldn't be impossible to pull off... i mean just look at clannad: after story.. KEY works managed to make it very successful, and i think maybe an after story about toradora wouldnt be so bad either, as a matter of fact i think it'll be interesting to see what happens with the new couple and the friends.

When regarding Clannad After Story though you have to remember that Clannad was never really strong for its romantic aspects rather than drama, whereas Toradora I personally found was. So I think that a sequel series to Taiga and Ryuuji wouldn't work as it would need to change genre slightly. Even if it turned out well it wouldn't be the same show, so why bother with the risk of ruining a perfectly fine scenario instead of making something completely different?

That being said, I have no objection to having perhaps a 1 episode OVA on the couple. But since I actually think it's great just as it is now I leave that judgment to the Director/Author.

As for alternate worlds? I can't really object considering Toradora's origin, but I personally find the main characters become less convincing if you make them versatile enough to produce too many endings.

Sorry for long post
Apr 29, 2012 7:28 PM

Dec 2011
I feel maybe a few OVA's would be fine.
But to make another full season....I feel there's no need for it at all.
It would feel like nothing more than fan-service.
Jan 1, 2014 12:27 PM
Jan 2014
I feel like it would ruin the series. Yes, Toradora did end on a completely confusing note, but I think it adds to the complexity of the series. The anime doesn't need another season because it is fine the way it is. Besides it's been several years now since the anime has ended.
Oct 17, 2014 9:00 PM
Oct 2014
i promise i will do my best to try get the novelist to try to make tora dora season 2,i really want it to happan
Oct 19, 2014 6:57 PM
Oct 2014
Season 2 or no season 2. I don't care. I just want one OVA! ONE! Not that shit they put out with the bentou. Actually, forget about the wedding as well. I just want to see 20 minutes of them as an actual couple.

In the game they showed Tayga pregnant. Why, oh why could they not be decent enough to do the same service with the anime fans? Just that. 20 minutes of them returning home to Yasu, as a couple, rewarding us with the closure some of us needed.

Even Golden Time had more closure. Toradora deserved more than that.
Oct 23, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2009
Lawl_Lawlsworth said:
In my opinion, rather than a second season, a bunch of OVAs showing Ryuuji and Taiga's married life in a humourous manner would be far better.

This is the logical choice, I absolutely adore the series and characters here almost more than any other anime. However I wouldn't want them to run it into the ground with a second season. There are plenty of series which have ruined themselves that way, even in the same genre.

So yes, maybe one or two OVA's with a couple of future shift stories would be pretty good. But not overdoing it.
Oct 24, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2014
Am i the only one who wanted Minorin to end up with Ryuuji?
Oct 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
fathertime said:

The great irony is that Minori and Ryuuji both had crushes on each other in the beginning, so they could have easily become a couple if either of them had the courage to confess right up front. That's one of the of the coolest things about this show - unlike most RomComs, there's very little "deus ex machina/destined soul mate" stuff - it reaches the ending it does almost entirely because of the characters' own choices and actions (or inactions in this case), and it's easy to see how Ryuuji could have ended up with any of the three girls if he or they made just one or two different choices at key moments.
Jul 25, 2015 6:46 AM
Jul 2015
they must make season 2. THEY MUST!!!!!!!!! before i die
Aug 2, 2015 3:42 PM

Mar 2015
WingKing said:
fathertime said:

The great irony is that Minori and Ryuuji both had crushes on each other in the beginning, so they could have easily become a couple if either of them had the courage to confess right up front. That's one of the of the coolest things about this show - unlike most RomComs, there's very little "deus ex machina/destined soul mate" stuff - it reaches the ending it does almost entirely because of the characters' own choices and actions (or inactions in this case), and it's easy to see how Ryuuji could have ended up with any of the three girls if he or they made just one or two different choices at key moments.

yeah IF ever they got that courage.. until the anime universe/author changed their paths lol! it's been years since i watched the entire series, now i developed this alternate ending for ryuuji and minorin in my imagination... oh boy its hopeless :)
chill, let's just agree to disagree.
Nov 15, 2015 6:42 PM

Nov 2015
I just want another OVA or a few covering everything, everyone basically said in this post.

Just don't think it will happen because it would've already.

Anime has been done for how long now?
May 7, 2016 7:49 AM
May 2016
Alot of people here are saying that it would be good to see an OVA of things like the wedding ceremony and what happens to the side characters. I agree with that but think about it, i believe that when someone finishes off an anime they would like to leave some things unfinished so the audience themselves can fill in the gap and think about what happens on their own terms, something like that :P
Aug 9, 2016 5:59 PM
Aug 2016
I WANT TORADORA SEASON 2
Jul 9, 2017 7:11 AM
Jul 2017
Kissing Kissing Kissing part ............

I mean they are couple right, thy just do it once that feel kindda ................ unpleasant
Oct 14, 2017 11:06 PM
Mar 2015
OVA to tie things up is all I want. Or at least showing them together once after reuniting. xP
Aug 14, 2018 4:44 PM
Sep 2015
Really late but for those who don't know, there is an after credits scene at the end of the last episode where Taiga comes back and an OVA after that where the end shows Taiga and Ryuuji reunited with all their friends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.