Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you highly anticipated, but disappointed you (your most disappointing anime)

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Post New Reply
Sep 13, 2013 1:25 AM

oZi4Ever said:
FluffyFlesh said:
oZi4Ever said:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

This anime S1 + S2 stabbed me in the back. The second season is sooooo bad I don't have anything more to say! I dont even bother to watch the movie now even if its #10 ranked

Your loss.

Just finished the S2, I fast-forwarded the episodes because the last episodes was about creating a movie with the club and after the movie was done they showed the recorded movie in a whole episode and again after that unnecessary episodes...

That is because you are watching it in chronological order, the recorded movie is actually the very first episode of the series (and a very weird one)

Anyway you should watch the movie, I disliked S2 too and and I thought the movie was awesome.

Sep 13, 2013 1:29 AM

HOTD because theres no S2!

Sep 13, 2013 1:36 AM

Plangam said:
Boku no Pico

I actually fell for it, a few years ago, when someone said it was great, and stuff.

But it is great....especially episode 3.

And NO I'm not being sarcastic or whatever.

Sep 13, 2013 1:46 AM

Vanisher said:

That is because you are watching it in chronological order, the recorded movie is actually the very first episode of the series (and a very weird one)

Anyway you should watch the movie, I disliked S2 too and and I thought the movie was awesome.

Mindfucked(the bold part).
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Sep 13, 2013 1:50 AM

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, I loved the concept but the whole thing felt rushed at the end.

Sep 13, 2013 2:31 AM

Mclovinballs said:
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, I loved the concept but the whole thing felt rushed at the end.

I liked that one, had a pretty good ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 13, 2013 2:48 AM

ef a tale of memories

I want to watch a simple romantic drama, not a fkin art gallery in EVERY episode

Sep 13, 2013 2:48 AM

Toradora!

When I first heard about the show, the people who recommended it to me say it was super funny. And as a guy who loves his comedy, Toradora! really didn't bring out the funny in it. It was just all shouting and slow character development. It was practically all hype. But I did enjoy some moments in it... Oh and Ami was the saving grace for me...

Sep 13, 2013 2:55 AM

Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

When I first heard about the show, the people who recommended it to me say it was super funny. And as a guy who loves his comedy, Toradora! really didn't bring out the funny in it. It was just all shouting and slow character development. It was practically all hype. But I did enjoy some moments in it... Oh and Ami was the saving grace for me...

I completely agree with you, I really thought the comedy was really ugly and forced. At times it was a bit awkward. I really got bored watching the anime throughout, though some of the drama was "ok". Overall I also second this as a disappointing anime

Sep 13, 2013 3:03 AM

sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

I completely agree with you, I really thought the comedy was really ugly and forced. At times it was a bit awkward. I really got bored watching the anime throughout, though some of the drama was "ok". Overall I also second this as a disappointing anime
Someone who understands... I actually finished it right away because I just don't want to delay it any longer and I don't like dropping shows... The last episodes really kinda saved the show a bit...

Sep 13, 2013 3:11 AM

It used to be Evangelion, now it's C3-bu. Goddammit Gainax

Sep 13, 2013 3:15 AM

sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

Umm, people like Tordora for the drama and romance. I never heard anyone who praised it for the comedy alone. It is your fault for going in with false expectations.

Sep 13, 2013 3:16 AM

tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

Umm, people like Tordora for the drama and romance. I never heard anyone who praised it for the comedy alone. It is your fault for going in with false expectations.
I have to a agree. The comedy was kind of hit and miss but the romance was fantastic.

Sep 13, 2013 3:18 AM

Well what an interesting question, *thinks about it & looks thru list*
Cant think of anything... everything is good

JustALEX said:
Plangam said:
Boku no Pico

I actually fell for it, a few years ago, when someone said it was great, and stuff.

But it is great....especially episode 3.

And NO I'm not being sarcastic or whatever.

I had my expectations probably too high for episode 3 of that and I got somewhat disappointed as well.

Sep 13, 2013 3:23 AM

tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

That's what they said to me so what do you think the expectation would be? And since the show has a high school setting, drama and romance are a usually a given.

Sep 13, 2013 3:29 AM

SaberKurisu said:
tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

I have to a agree. The comedy was kind of hit and miss but the romance was fantastic.

I second that....

Sep 13, 2013 3:29 AM

I'm also dissapointed with Watamote. The comedy didn't make me laugh much and Tomoko misery didn't really make me sympathy for her.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book is live. Click here to participate."

Current status (10/10): All goal cleared
Stretch goal 3 (22/10): $104,521/85,000

Sep 13, 2013 3:33 AM

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Haven't finished it or anything yet, but it's been hyped up to me so much and I don't seem to enjoy any part of it yet.
So, What do you think is on the other side?

Sep 13, 2013 4:23 AM

Death Note

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
Modified by Luna, Sep 13, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 13, 2013 4:29 AM

Imstayingano said:
Death Note
Reply to spoiler:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.
Modified by Luna, Sep 13, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 13, 2013 5:02 AM

tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

Genre: COMEDY, romance, school, slice of life.
I didn't go in with false expectations, Genre clearly said Comedy

Sep 13, 2013 5:08 AM

Maria_Sama said:
Zetman because doesn't follow the awesome story of the manga.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of the manga so I was pretty annoyed by the crappy adaption of it.

Sep 13, 2013 5:12 AM

Basilisk. I deleted it not long ago. I just hate how all the characters you're interested in die so quickly.
Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Sep 13, 2013 5:15 AM

sudokia said:
ef a tale of memories

I want to watch a simple romantic drama, not a fkin art gallery in EVERY episode

But it is a pretty art gallery, yes?

OT: Hm. Neon Genesis probably. I heard about it being this legendary thing. I just felt "meh".
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*

Sep 13, 2013 5:40 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion - I just cannot enjoy mecha.

Sep 13, 2013 5:49 AM
Please don't skip the movie just because of the shitty-ness of S2.

sudokia said:
tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

People have different sense of humor.

Sep 13, 2013 5:59 AM

sudokia said:
tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

So what? the comedy genre is the most common genre in all anime. But seeing romance and slice of life next to it, should give you a hint that the comedy is not gonna be the biggest/main focus of the show. You calling Toradora disappointing because you thought the comedy was bad is illogical because comedy was hardly the main focus of the show, it's the same as saying Kokoro connect was bad because the comedy was bad ( it has the comedy genre too, which I honestly don't even get.)

Anyway I personally found the comedy most of the time to be funny, this scene made me laugh my ass off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYNyJTA4K8

Sep 13, 2013 5:59 AM

Seikon no Qwaser ... period.

Story was promising, guess I was wrong :)

Sep 13, 2013 7:05 AM

tsudman said:
sudokia said:
tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

So what? the comedy genre is the most common genre in all anime. But seeing romance and slice of life next to it, should give you a hint that the comedy is not gonna be the biggest/main focus of the show. You calling Toradora disappointing because you thought the comedy was bad is illogical because comedy was hardly the main focus of the show, it's the same as saying Kokoro connect was bad because the comedy was bad ( it has the comedy genre too, which I honestly don't even get.)

Anyway I personally found the comedy most of the time to be funny, this scene made me laugh my ass off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYNyJTA4K8

Lets just accept that we both have different reasons for liking the anime. During the time I was watching Toradora (which was like a month ago?) I was relatively new to anime and I still am, I didn't have a clue what a slice of life meant so I didn't anticipate "comedy" being a side aspect. Back then I was craving for a comedy show and this show just didn't deliver it to me. This thread is "YOUR MOST disappointing ever", im not saying toradora is disappointing on behalf of everyone here, i'm saying its disappointing on behalf of myself. We all perceive something different when watching an anime, and we all have different expectations, if I was looking for a romance/drama anime and stumbled upon Toradora, I (probably) would've loved it but sadly that wasn't my expectation. That's how the human mind works and that's why were all different and we all have different taste, in my personal opinion, Taiga's tsundere personality just annoyed the crap out of me and that just ruined the romance of the anime. To some extent I do agree with you that it is illogical to call an anime disappointing just because of a side genre but nonetheless this anime i had expectations for and it didn't meet my standards. For me, Toradora is a disappointing anime.

And yes that scene was funny, "boing, boing, boing!!". sadly its the only memorable scene i remember :(

Sep 13, 2013 9:43 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Sep 13, 2013 10:02 AM

Genshiken, people said it was quite funny, but I found it so painful to watch, it was so boring.

NGE, everyone seems to think highly of this anime, it's complete rubbish and overrated, Shinji is still a pussy even after 3 movies..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 13, 2013 10:07 AM

Peten00b said:
Genshiken, people said it was quite funny, but I found it so painful to watch, it was so boring.
This.

I'm a huge slice of life fan and it's almost impossible for me to grow bored of a series, even if much isn't happening in the traditional sense, but I just could not handle how boring Genshiken was. I seriously nearly fell asleep after watching a single episode.

Sep 13, 2013 10:17 AM

AndyRayy said:
Peten00b said:
This.

I'm a huge slice of life fan and it's almost impossible for me to grow bored of a series, even if much isn't happening in the traditional sense, but I just could not handle how boring Genshiken was. I seriously nearly fell asleep after watching a single episode.
The new series is pretty funny, the old one not so much.

For me one is Tsuritama. I saw all the art and other stuff and it really talked about fishing and alien fish. But it really barely had any of that. There basically was no alien "fish", and the only ever times they fished it was just common fish. Got my hopes up for a slightly above average anime.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach

Sep 13, 2013 10:30 AM

Hyouka- The premise looked interesting but the execution of it made it feel a bit too draggy and dull.

Sep 13, 2013 11:44 AM

Summer wars top100 anime, i still dont know why it's top100...

Sep 13, 2013 11:53 AM
Agony said:
Please don't skip the movie just because of the shitty-ness of S2.

sudokia said:
tsudman said:
sudokia said:
Hiryu12 said:
Toradora!

People have different sense of humor.

It didn't find it funny at all. The character and story were extremely generic as well

Sep 13, 2013 11:57 AM

Guilty Crown

Absolutely stunning animation and music...couldn't save this stinker

Sep 13, 2013 2:36 PM

Tenshi no Tamago, I read some really complementary things that got me excited.
They were wrong, horribly wrong.

Sep 13, 2013 4:15 PM

RahXephon - for a so called "action" series, the fights were short, far apart, and lacked tension due to the titular robot being overpowered. Then the series resets itself.

Casshern Sins - Not only was the titular character invincible which took away all drama in the fights, but many of the characters are never mentioned again after the episodes they're introduced in. On top of that, there was a typical, rushed ending where nothing was resolved - Casshern simply walked away.

Air - Non-stop lack of action with a lame story where nothing is resolved. Enough said.

Sep 13, 2013 4:30 PM
inb4littlebustersshitstormflashmob

owait

Mirai Nikki and Date A Live for me.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.

Sep 13, 2013 4:34 PM

Steins; Gate. It was an amazing anime, but I expected something I would give a 10...the first half was boring and such.

Sep 13, 2013 4:40 PM

SAO. I heard it was overrated but I thought it was one of those anime's that just got hate for being popular.

Then I watched it and understood.
yuh yuh yuh

Sep 13, 2013 5:09 PM

Romeo x Juliet
Idk it just got harder to watch as it went on

Sep 13, 2013 5:19 PM
Manderton said:
Mushishi. I didn't think it was bad at all, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I wished I could have.

same here. I just don't like story-per-episode anime :/

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]