Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you highly anticipated, but disappointed you (your most disappointing anime)

Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Post New Reply
Aug 21, 2013 7:26 AM

Ao no exocist: so much potential, but wasted because of poor adaptation and stupid fillers

Oreimo 2 and Oreimo 2 special: too much bullshit, season 1 was so much better

Aug 21, 2013 8:01 AM

Penguindrum was like a bad trip ...never knew what or why anything was happening
Air ... what can i say after the puppet thingy i was wondering if i should kill myself or never watch this anime , and I am alive now , how could one stand such sad drama queens and weird scenarios I mean if my little girl brought home some old dude trust me it would be a movie called The slaughter of the weird guy hahha ...that anime was just not right , all the sadness and insufferable silences and irrational decisions , maybe Im just jaded but even my girl wanted to stop .

Aug 21, 2013 9:13 AM

the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya (2009)

angel beats- lots of people hyped up that show way too much but it just ended up being filled with lazy writing

ao no exorcist- also hyped up

Aug 21, 2013 11:20 AM

Eckilsax said:
Yet you gave Trinity Blood a 10? GTFO.

Trinity Blood was pretty damn cool if it werent for that open ending. But its not their fault the author of the LN died before finishing the series so...

Aug 21, 2013 11:24 AM
Well Sekirei,at first it wasn't that bad but after it became boring :/

Aug 21, 2013 11:28 AM

No anime has ever disappointed me. It's all about watching anime with a clear mindset. Makes any anime good at first : )

Aug 21, 2013 2:58 PM

Firechick12012 said:
A lot of people are gonna hate me for saying this, but the most disappointing anime I ever saw was Chuunibyo. NO, not because it's KyoAni and NO, not just because it's moe! I just simply hated the insensitively comedic portrayal of kids dabbling in fantasy lives and the people's reactions to them (or general lack thereof).

Don't worry, at least I am not gonna hate you for that xD because I kinda felt the same about Chunibyou as well. :/ kinda liked it though i thought I'll like it more. Didn't work.
Paws paws paws paws paws paws paws
Neko Neko Paws
Paws is what I like
I'm a paws obsessed person, I could look at kitties' paws all my lifetime.

Aug 21, 2013 3:00 PM

FlameWingman21 said:
Mirai Nikki, I don't know there's so much gore there.

Omg

Aug 21, 2013 3:10 PM

For me SAO was a disappointment, all I heard was great things from it and it just seemed average when i watched it, the romance was meh, and not enough action/fight scenes.

FlameWingman21 said:
lol its rated R - 17+ what were you expecting?

Aug 21, 2013 3:20 PM

Guilty Crown and Sword Art had very good potential from the start. They died because of poor writing. The only good thing both shows had were their respective OST's
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 21, 2013 3:22 PM
aspampanzer said:
Guilty Crown and Sword Art had very good potential from the start. They died because of poor writing. The only good thing both shows had were their respective OST's

Guilty Crown had excellent animation as well

Aug 21, 2013 3:26 PM

Gintama, thought it would be good because of it's ranking and didn't live up to it.

Aug 21, 2013 3:28 PM

Code Geass. The entire R2 season is full of shit.

Aug 21, 2013 3:29 PM

ShootMe said:
Gintama, thought it would be good because of it's ranking and didn't live up to it.
im 15 episodes in
and it average
I might drop it TBH

Aug 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Elfen Lied.

I read the manga first, which is my favorite manga.

my reasoning:

"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan

Aug 21, 2013 3:52 PM

RyanTheRandom said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

R2 is actually more popular than the first by 0.01
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 21, 2013 3:53 PM

K-on
I was told there would be music

Aug 21, 2013 3:54 PM

renders said:
K-on

You're gonna get flamed man... You're gonna get flamed hard... Run while you still can...
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.

Aug 21, 2013 3:55 PM

FlameWingman21 said:

I think they could increase it.

Aug 21, 2013 3:56 PM

YandereTheEmo said:
renders said:
K-on

You're gonna get flamed man... You're gonna get flamed hard... Run while you still can...

Bring on the fire!

Aug 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Cupquake said:
Fallenkingzero said:
RyanTheRandom said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

R2 is actually more popular than the first by 0.01

That's because the sequel is usually rated higher.

Logic: If you don't like the first season, it is more likely that you will drop the series. You are then left with people who either liked it, or thought that it was ok, therefore boosting the rating. I suppose there might be some people who watch R2 despite hating R1, but I can't really follow the reasoning behind that.

I can't believe I didn't think if that. *feels dumb*
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 21, 2013 4:34 PM

Right now it's Shingeki no Kyojin. I thought it was promising at first, but now I don't think I'll be able to finish it.

Aug 22, 2013 7:48 AM

Hmm... it's gotta be Tamako Market.
I wanted to check this out after hearing it was from the K-ON! team, but when I did, the anime was boring from top to bottom. There was barely any character development, and some of the moments are forgettable.
There were some redeeming qualities like the art and some of the characters like Tamako.
Love can make a Yuri couple moe.

Aug 22, 2013 8:03 AM

Cupquake said:
Diran-kun said:
jnw93 said:
FlameWingman21 said:
That. and the fact that there wasn't much gore anyway.

I kind of want to know why you started watching it. All the recommendations I've seen clearly state that it's gory.

I wouldnt count on recommendations .
Indeed , it gives you the feeling that is gory but calling it gory is wrong .
The only episodes that can give those with a weak heart a gory sensations are the ones with Ninth at the school , episode 2 if I recall right , the all defending Sixth where Yuno was butchering the fake corpses that was episode 6 and 7 I think and episode 20 or 21 , where the world is on the brink of extinction and Yuno sets up Akise and his friends .
But I dont find Mirai Nikki gory at all.....it just Yuno sometimes it gives you the creeps .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Aug 22, 2013 8:13 AM
I had many disappointments, but Sword Art Online takes the cake. I remember watching the trailers every day for months till its release. By the time it reached episode 20, I didn't even bother to rewind when I take toilet breaks or answer the phone.

Aug 22, 2013 8:20 AM

Probably Durarara!!, not had so much variety of characters besides having an environment very seen. It was not very interesting after half and 24 chapters I felt it long.

Aug 22, 2013 8:31 AM

Cupquake said:
Diran-kun said:
jnw93 said:
FlameWingman21 said:
That. and the fact that there wasn't much gore anyway.

I kind of want to know why you started watching it. All the recommendations I've seen clearly state that it's gory.
You want something gory? Watch Genocyber.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Aug 22, 2013 8:32 AM
all animes suck , except : FMA ( it got my interest in biology and chemistiy and now im at medicine school ) .

Aug 22, 2013 8:35 AM

Earwen said:
Strawberry Panic. I like yuri but that was...really weird. The characters were boring too so I just dropped it.

My words the same.
Im an Yuri fanboy and I dropped it after ~3 episodes

But the anime that most disappointed me was Bakemonogatari, didn't even bother to add it to my list.
Modified by qb_cakes, Aug 22, 2013 8:42 AM

Aug 22, 2013 9:14 AM

bakemonogatari- i guess it was too deep for me

Aug 22, 2013 9:48 AM

orchidork said:
bakemonogatari- i guess it was too deep for me
thats what she said
XD

Aug 22, 2013 10:41 AM

I'll be completely unoriginal and say Sword Art Online, it had so much promise but all of it went to waste.
It wasn't that bad though, just a waste of potential.

Aug 22, 2013 11:07 AM

Natsuyuki Rendezvous is probably the biggest disappointment for me.

josei = check
nice visuals = check
wonderful sound = check
intriguing synopsis = check
adult romance instead of high school romance = check

See that? We have a nice list of all things I like.
Except that this show decides to crap on itself and gets stuck in an awful melodramatic rut for like 6 straight episodes.
It was like watching the same thing every week with no advancement and then it all went to hell when
*spoiler*

Brilliant premise, bad execution.
Maybe not so much from Brains Base but the mangaka instead for writing these characters.

Aug 22, 2013 11:32 AM

Sword Art Online. The first half was enjoyable, and if it had ended there I would've been happy.

The 2nd half doesn't even deserve a 1.

Aug 23, 2013 7:00 PM
The most disappointing anime I have ever watched is Guilty Crown. I was not even able to finish the last few episodes.

Sep 13, 2013 12:47 AM

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

This anime S1 + S2 stabbed me in the back. The second season is sooooo bad I don't have anything more to say! I dont even bother to watch the movie now even if its #10 ranked

====

Give me your most disappointed anime ever with reason why you disliked.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 13, 2013 12:49 AM

Zetman because doesn't follow the awesome story of the manga.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 13, 2013 12:52 AM

Kill Me Baby because every joke was the same.
meditate on bass weight.

Sep 13, 2013 12:52 AM

Maria_Sama said:
Zetman because doesn't follow the awesome story of the manga.

I didn't like that one either, story was really weird and almost no fighting...

Sep 13, 2013 12:55 AM

I'm too tired to rant so I'm just gonna say Rosario + Vampire.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Sep 13, 2013 12:56 AM

I think the 2nd special of OreImo is pretty obvious choice.
I like anime.

Sep 13, 2013 12:57 AM

Gantz and Berserk. Not because I didn't like them, but because their abrupt ending that is going to force me to read the mangas.

Sep 13, 2013 1:01 AM

Gatchaman Crowds for having horrible obnoxious characters.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Sep 13, 2013 1:02 AM

oZi4Ever said:

This anime S1 + S2 stabbed me in the back. The second season is sooooo bad I don't have anything more to say! I dont even bother to watch the movie now even if its #10 ranked

Your loss.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Sep 13, 2013 1:09 AM

Boku no Pico

I actually fell for it, a few years ago, when someone said it was great, and stuff.

Sep 13, 2013 1:12 AM

FluffyFlesh said:
oZi4Ever said:

Your loss.

Just finished the S2, I fast-forwarded the episodes because the last episodes was about creating a movie with the club and after the movie was done they showed the recorded movie in a whole episode and again after that unnecessary episodes...

Sep 13, 2013 1:13 AM

Plangam said:
Boku no Pico

I actually fell for it, a few years ago, when someone said it was great, and stuff.

I think "deceived" is much more appropriate word than "disappointed."
I like anime.

Sep 13, 2013 1:15 AM

Neon Genesis...I have tried to watch this anime 3 or 4 times over and I can never finish it. I am going to give it another go eventually. Philosophy and Mech has me written all over it, but everytime I watch this anime it feels like every episode takes more like 3 hours not 20 minutes.

Sep 13, 2013 1:15 AM

I was saying that its your loss if you decide to not watch the movie.

Sep 13, 2013 1:19 AM
illusean said:
Gantz and Berserk. Not because I didn't like them, but because their abrupt ending that is going to force me to read the mangas.

I hated berserk for what they have done to griffith , I really liked griffith ;_;

Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »