Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you highly anticipated, but disappointed you (your most disappointing anime)

New
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2013 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
A certain magical--

Sword Art Online

Sword Art "hot gamer girls" Online

I found it highly disappointing, starting at the beginning of episode four. Really unfortunate... :/
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 20, 2013 1:56 AM

Dec 2011
Read: Post your lowest ratings. Yawn.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Aug 20, 2013 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
Eckilsax said:
Read: Post your lowest ratings. Yawn.

It's gonna be a mix of people like me who post what they found disappointing/what they disliked, and people who jump in just to defend any anime that they enjoyed that gets posted here.

Let's call the first type of people a, and the second type b

Random is c

A
B
A
A
B
A
B
A
A
C

Something like that...
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 20, 2013 2:01 AM

Jan 2012
Valvrave. It had so much potential, but unless they kill a certain purple haired whore off.... Then I will keep the show status as dropped and keep it's rating relatively low.
Aug 20, 2013 2:09 AM

Aug 2011
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a show that felt it was a waste of time. I'm usually just disappointed if a show ends and the manga it's adapted from keeps going. I don't read manga so I kind of miss out on certain things.

But I guess in your terms, probably Magikano. If you've seen the ending you might think it was a waste of time.

But in terms of a disappointing moment in an anime... maybe the end of Guilty Crown.

On a personal note: Lelouch
Assume nothing, expect everything.

Lelouch vi Britannia said:
If the King does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?
Aug 20, 2013 2:13 AM

Feb 2010
if anime disappoint me, i just delete it from my memory.
Aug 20, 2013 2:13 AM

Jan 2012
kattee said:

Must be nice to have laser guided amnesia.
Aug 20, 2013 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
Ahri said:
kattee said:

If I had that than I could forget all of the atrocious things that I've-

I mean... I could re-watch good anime... :D
YandereTheEmo said:
Aug 20, 2013 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
Cipher. It should have been longer. =(

Aug 20, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
YandereTheEmo said:
Ahri said:
kattee said:

I know so many things I would completely obliterate from my mind...
Aug 20, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
YandereTheEmo said:
Ahri said:
kattee said:

You have such a wonderful attitude I just want to... (╥﹏╥)
Also sword art online was a big waste of my time as well (/.__.)/ \(.__.\)
Aug 20, 2013 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
Chibiginger said:
YandereTheEmo said:
Ahri said:
kattee said:

You have such a wonderful attitude I just want to... (╥﹏╥)
Also sword art online was a big waste of my time as well (/.__.)/ (.__.)

Just trying to stay optimistic, you know?

On Topic: I also found Kotoura-san to be quite disappointing. It had such an engaging hook. A hook in which so many interesting things happened. What did they do with it? They tossed it aside to make an average "fanservice school-life anime"
YandereTheEmo said:
Aug 20, 2013 2:37 AM

Jan 2012
the one with the kids and the test tube,i forgot the name,made by the same guy who did bokurano
and many more,lain,k-on,sao,chrno crusade,etc
Aug 20, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2012
There's a difference between not liking a show/it not meeting your expectations, and it being the most disappointing anime you've ever watched.

But this is gonna turn into a troll thread. Someone's gonna act like a semi-mainstream show is literally the worst fucking thing they've ever seen.

OT: There haven't really been any shows that I expected to be good. All the disappointing shows I've watched... I kind of had it coming. If I just had to throw one out, I guess the first season of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 2:59 AM

Dec 2011
If I had to throw one out there as well I think it would be Haruhi, both seasons, but mainly the second one. It's the only time I've ever been actually offended watching an anime, and I only kept going because certain people have rated it so highly. Thankfully the movie went some ways towards redeeming that mess.
Aug 20, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2013
that'd be kill me baby for me.

my friend recommend i watch it maybe 2 or 3 months ago and I've only got 10 episodes in so far. it's torturous. the characters, the jokes, the engrish.. it all makes me cringe.

i'm devoted to finish it though and, someday, i will.
meditate on bass weight.
Aug 20, 2013 3:08 AM
May 2009
Kill me baby for me. thought it would be funny but the jokes were dry.
Aug 20, 2013 3:15 AM
Dec 2012
Unfortunately, most anime endings seem to disappoint me. The worst one (the one that really made me upset), is for me, Clannad After Story. The last episode just ruined the whole anime...
Aug 20, 2013 3:36 AM

Dec 2011
Dongorath said:
Unfortunately, most anime endings seem to disappoint me. The worst one (the one that really made me upset), is for me, Clannad After Story. The last episode just ruined the whole anime...

But seriously, the recurring scenes in 'Heaven Land' from the beginning of the series all the way to the end should have clued you in that something abstract and supernatural was going to happen by the end. It's not like that shit wasn't foreshadowed over and over again.
Aug 20, 2013 3:43 AM

Jan 2012
Your favorite anime.

Dongorath said:

Because you clearly have no idea what happens in the original material. You may want to google shit before you post shit.
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Aug 20, 2013 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
Sword Art Online. The first 2-3 episodes were good, but it just went downhill from there.
The second one would be K. There was so much hype about it but in the end it was just eye candy and fan service.
Aug 20, 2013 4:02 AM

Mar 2012
Angel Beats whole show was so bad I can not even tell you.
Lucky star jesus my eyes I do not know.
Sword art oh fairy. first season was exciting then we started watching fairies
2nd part of Death Note need i say more?
Chobits.
hand maid may.
Yukikaze.
ect. or i will be here for a long time.
Aug 20, 2013 4:05 AM

Jan 2012
jogiin said:
Because you clearly have no idea what happens in the original material. You may want to google shit before you post shit.

Lol I sense anger. U mad?

I didn't know we had to research original material and every little fact before commenting on an anime. Thanks for the enlightenment in such a rational way.

Eckilsax said:
Dongorath said:

But seriously, the recurring scenes in 'Heaven Land' from the beginning of the series all the way to the end should have clued you in that something abstract and supernatural was going to happen by the end. It's not like that shit wasn't foreshadowed over and over again.

Meh. All those scenes did were confuse me. Even after it was all over and never fully explained.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 6:27 AM

Dec 2007
Strawberry Panic. I like yuri but that was...really weird. The characters were boring too so I just dropped it.
Aug 20, 2013 6:31 AM

Jan 2012
Solo_Remnants said:
jogiin said:

Lol I sense anger. U mad?

I didn't know we had to research original material and every little fact before commenting on an anime. Thanks for the enlightenment in such a rational way.

Eckilsax said:
Dongorath said:

Meh. All those scenes did were confuse me. Even after it was all over and never fully explained.

You question the ending without knowing what's behind it. You clearly haven't done your homework, plus you have no authory as your bar is just pathetic.

Maybe you should actually watch anime instead of just talking about it, meta shitter.

EDIT: it's even explained in the anime, but you clearly missed it. pro tip: the light balls.
TaiguAug 20, 2013 6:34 AM
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Aug 20, 2013 6:34 AM
Jul 2013
Earwen said:
Strawberry Panic. I like yuri but that was...really weird. The characters were boring too so I just dropped it.

Kind of out there, but could you change your avatar? It's the most disturbing shit I've seen on this site. Seriously what the fuck is that...
Aug 20, 2013 6:41 AM

Dec 2007
DramaEnthusiast said:
Earwen said:

Kind of out there, but could you change your avatar? It's the most disturbing shit I've seen on this site. Seriously what the fuck is that...

I'd prefer it if you said please, but fine I'll change it.
Aug 20, 2013 6:41 AM

Aug 2011
DramaEnthusiast said:
Earwen said:

Hahahaha, one quick look at his clubs gives you an understanding of why it is that way.
Assume nothing, expect everything.

Lelouch vi Britannia said:
If the King does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?
Aug 20, 2013 7:01 AM
Dec 2012
I don't like feeding the troll, but I just want to answer this part :
jogiin said:
You question the ending without knowing what's behind it.

I do not "question the ending", I just find it disappointing. It's just that in my humble opinion, the anime would have had far more impact without it. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried during this anime, but when the end unfolded I was just there dumbfounded, like "What the h*ck is this ???". It, for me, killed the whole thing, making it look like they didn't assume the story.

But once again, I will emphasize that's just how I felt about the anime. I still think it's among the "classic" animes and that is a good addition to anyone's viewing list.

While I'm here, another disappointment was Suisei no Gargantia. Excellent first episode, but quickly became unoriginal.
Aug 20, 2013 7:22 AM
Jul 2012
Mirai Nikki. I thought I would find it amazing since it already had strong manga following, was about survival games with a twist, would be the next good thriller and all. All I got was the worst series I've ever seen at the time. It just failed to do anything good period, characters weren't relatable at all, it's full of useless shock factor that didn't even shock well due to horrible directing/blatant censoring, it didn't even get you immersed into the premise the way anime such as Death Note did because even when they explained how the cellphones work, they didn't even do that well, it's just really bad. Also no psychological aspect at all despite the psychological tag. Yet, it still managed ro get a 8.30-ish on MAL and not getting totally shit on for being a terrible adaptation that shouldn't exist or the like because shallow viewers that think an anime is good because it seems like it has something enjoyable about it gave it mindless high scores
Aug 20, 2013 8:51 AM

Oct 2012
Allison to Lillia. lolwhat'sthat?

Such a nice show when it focused on the two original main characters. Then they had a daughter, who took every bit of likability away from the show and every bit of credibility from the plot.
\_/ O \_/
/ \
\ /
/¯\ O /¯\
Aug 20, 2013 8:55 AM

Jun 2013
Lucky Star.
I kinda liked it, though not that much as I thought. I thought it's gonna be something amazing, 100% funny and interesting, since so much people are fans.
But it was just... average, kinda boring, sometimes funny, sometimes kinda interesting and then boring again.... I was dissapointed >.>
Paws paws paws paws paws paws paws
Neko Neko Paws
Paws is what I like
I'm a paws obsessed person, I could look at kitties' paws all my lifetime.
Aug 20, 2013 9:16 AM

Dec 2011
Cupquake said:
KlaLaskaXD said:
Lucky Star.
I kinda liked it, though not that much as I thought. I thought it's gonna be something amazing, 100% funny and interesting, since so much people are fans.
But it was just... average, kinda boring, sometimes funny, sometimes kinda interesting and then boring again.... I was dissapointed >.>

I felt the exact same way.

You guys thought Lucky Star was gonna be amazing? Ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAAHAA.

Dongorath said:
I don't like feeding the troll, but I just want to answer this part :
jogiin said:
You question the ending without knowing what's behind it.

I do not "question the ending", I just find it disappointing. It's just that in my humble opinion, the anime would have had far more impact without it. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried during this anime, but when the end unfolded I was just there dumbfounded, like "What the h*ck is this ???". It, for me, killed the whole thing, making it look like they didn't assume the story.

But once again, I will emphasize that's just how I felt about the anime. I still think it's among the "classic" animes and that is a good addition to anyone's viewing list.

So you call it a classic yet post it in a topic for most disappointing anime you have ever watched?
Aug 20, 2013 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
Angel Beats and 5 Centimeters Per Second.
I can see why people like them, they just weren't my thing.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Aug 20, 2013 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
ssrex said:

It's not about disliking them though, it's about whether or not they disappointed you...

OT: I find that the fandom can make a show all the much worse, when they decide to talk the show up like it's amazing. As, most shows are never going to live up to the hype
YandereTheEmo said:
Aug 20, 2013 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
Kami Nomi Megami-hen though I'm happy of it at the same time.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 20, 2013 9:22 AM
Mar 2013
SAO. It had so much wasted potential

Toradora. was expecting something good, just a generic romcom with annoying MC's
Aug 20, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2011
Clannad, NHK ni Youkoso, Sword Art Online an Rainbow
Aug 20, 2013 9:26 AM

Dec 2007
Crystic said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Earwen said:

Hahahaha, one quick look at his clubs gives you an understanding of why it is that way.

I don't know what you're talking about.

On topic I just remembered my ultimate disappointment: Code Geass. I had very high hopes (mostly because it was compared to Death Note) but it was just average. The second season was much worse but I didn't expect to like it so I can't say I was disappointed.
Aug 20, 2013 9:45 AM

May 2013
Btooom!

Don't put boobs in my bombs....or bombs in my boobs....you get the point.

Basically, if you are going to create a series that is supposed to have a dark realistic feel, don't put watermelons in it, as it ruins it completely. Also, don't have everyone trying to "taste" said watermelons. I'm not even sure if I can take this series seriously for the rest of it -.-
Aug 20, 2013 9:47 AM

Apr 2013
Ahri said:
Valvrave. It had so much potential, but unless they kill a certain purple haired whore off.... Then I will keep the show status as dropped and keep it's rating relatively low.
its a sunrise show with a touch of rape romance.. I mean what did you expect?
Aug 20, 2013 10:01 AM

Mar 2012
Ao no Exorcist

The first 2 episodes were brilliant and setup a cool dark and interesting world, only for it to go completely generic with the high school aspect bit but that bit only turned it to average. No the real disappointing part of it is the last 1/3 was total shit, and then made even worse with a anime only ending. With the demon lore this shows potential was pretty much unlimited it could of gone anywhere with it, but in the end it went nowhere interesting and was generic at best.
Aug 20, 2013 10:05 AM

Nov 2012
There are several anime I've watched and found to be very disappointing, but the most disappointing to me would have to be a draw between Elfen Lied and Angel Beats. Countless times I have seen Elfen Lied receive praise for being some kind of masterpiece, but I didn't find the slightest bit of enjoyment out of it. Angel Beats on the other hand I did find to be somewhat enjoyable and humorous. However; just like Elfen Lied it receives more praise than it deserves. I didn't find it to be emotional in the slightest and there wasn't anything memorable about it.
Aug 20, 2013 10:10 AM

Jan 2012
Sourire said:
Ahri said:
its a sunrise show with a touch of rape romance.. I mean what did you expect?

Yeah you have a point.... I just expected better. Also

Aug 20, 2013 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Code Geass
Aug 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
ssrex said:

It's not about disliking them though, it's about whether or not they disappointed you...

OT: I find that the fandom can make a show all the much worse, when they decide to talk the show up like it's amazing. As, most shows are never going to live up to the hype

I was disappointed with them. I don't see how I didn't make that clear.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Aug 20, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
ssrex said:
YandereTheEmo said:
ssrex said:

I was disappointed with them. I don't see how I didn't make that clear.

It just seemed like you were saying that you just found them bad. Being disappointed is more like when people set your hopes high for something, and then your hopes get shut down when you watch it. It's different than just disliking an anime because you thought it was "bad" I thought I made myself clear in the fact that I was just assuming in my last comment. Well, at least we both understand each-other now, right?
YandereTheEmo said:
Aug 20, 2013 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
Probably Angel Beats. It was still okay, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting.
Aug 20, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
definately Ghosthound for me...the intricate plot, the psychological aspects was perfect for the first 21 episodes. And then the horrible ending episode.....OH MY GOD..THAT WAS PATHETIC. It completely destroyed my whole enjoyment of the series. It's kind of disappointing how the anime went from a 9/10 to ultimately for a 6..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

9 by Deago »»
2 seconds ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 2 hours ago

14 by Shikhar22 »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 3 hours ago

12 by 81canfan13 »»
7 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 1 hour ago

11 by EastIndiaCompany »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

79 by ColourWheel »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.