Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 1, 2011 7:30 AM

Feb 2008
yun90 said:
Eh is that Harmania in the preview? I hope its not. As for the episode, I love it. One of the episodes I enjoyed a lot.

you're not alone... when i saw the preview, i thought it was Harminia...

well, let's just see...

anyway, this is perhaps what Gosick should really be... i realized the reason why the first few episodes were quite a letdown for a mystery anime is that they have very fast pacing...

overall, this episode is just great... i love the way flashback is used to reveal the mystery... and again, there are historical connections... being a history buff, this is one thing i really love about Gosick..

next ep seems good too...
May 1, 2011 11:35 AM

Nov 2010
Well the case was really interesting, but all that gold being hidden behind a wall was unexpected and the fact that leviathan was an African who was buried alive to only get away really surprised me.
May 1, 2011 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
I saw world war two references all over this episode.
Or maybe that's just me xD
May 1, 2011 5:23 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode. My fave arc so far (The Gray Wolf Arc is a close second...)

Victorique's dad... o_0 ick

And we got to see more of Brian Roscoe <3
May 1, 2011 7:53 PM

Apr 2010
Ok this was a great episode. Victorique's dad wanted leviathan to make the artificial humans but he couldn't so he gave him the idea to make Victorique so he could use her wellspring of wisdom to protect the country in WW2 (WW2 because of what the old guy said in the village of the grey wolfs). I love this anime because it ties in with WW1 and WW2, and because I love the characters, music, and BONES. XD 5/5
May 2, 2011 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
tsubasalover said:
What? That red hair guy was Victorique's father?? So that's why Victorique's mother was with him in one scene? And also the police's father?! And that boy who worked under Leviathan was that red hair guy??

No, you fool. Watch the episode again.
May 2, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
DmonHiro said:
tsubasalover said:
What? That red hair guy was Victorique's father?? So that's why Victorique's mother was with him in one scene? And also the police's father?! And that boy who worked under Leviathan was that red hair guy??

Now you've made my day, man.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 2, 2011 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
Nice episode and final of the arc.
May 2, 2011 12:47 PM

Nov 2007
DmonHiro said:
tsubasalover said:

That's why I added question marks to ask for confirmation to what I watched.

And don't just call people "fool" so easily. You're so rude.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2011 1:06 PM

Apr 2011
Victoria kicked Kujo not once, not twice, but three times xD
Great episode and a way to end the arc.
May 2, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2010
The slice-of-life of the last few episodes was not terrible, but I wanted the main story back, and finally it's heading in that direction.
Lol at Victorique who couldn't touch Leviathan. That he couldn't see Leviathan because he is black is indeed kinda weird.
What I totally don't understand is how Leviathan could come out of his grave. Was he just buried and had a good position so he could breath or is he a zombie, I don't understand.
May 2, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
Really good mystery this one was. Leviathan's story was a really interesting one. he protected his land by providing gold and letting them believe he could make it from scratch.

We've learned some more about Victorique and the rest of the de Blois family as well. Who would've guess Victorique's father was the one asking for artificial soldiers. I lol'ed at the dramatic scene where Victorique reached for the mask but couldn't get anywhere near it. xD

Looks like Victorique will disappear in the next episode already? And is.. is that Harmania? Please no. -_-

May 2, 2011 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
Really liked the episode and the arc. Looking forward to the next one
May 3, 2011 12:32 AM
Apr 2011
I want that African song. :(
May 3, 2011 8:47 AM

Sep 2010
This episode has discrimination against black ppl......... :P

btw
May 3, 2011 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
WOW. That was SO much better than all the previous arcs.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 3, 2011 11:35 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Gosick is getting better it has more of a story now can't wait to see the next episode.
May 4, 2011 12:30 AM
Jul 2010
Seriously, Avril is kinda dumb. Who would try to touch that rose right after Victorique said the outsiders must have been attracted by it and knowing that they had died?

Anyway, great episode. Better than the last few.
Sent with Mal Updater
May 4, 2011 10:06 AM

Oct 2010
i thought i wouldn't enjoy this, but it was actually really good :D
May 5, 2011 7:15 AM
Mar 2011
Ovindel said:
The slice-of-life of the last few episodes was not terrible, but I wanted the main story back, and finally it's heading in that direction.
Lol at Victorique who couldn't touch Leviathan. That he couldn't see Leviathan because he is black is indeed kinda weird.
What I totally don't understand is how Leviathan could come out of his grave. Was he just buried and had a good position so he could breath or is he a zombie, I don't understand.

You don't have to, it's anime :D
May 5, 2011 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, this episode was really good. The arc was pretty interesting up till this point, but this episode just made the whole story into a very real, believable, yet fascinating and tragic tale. This has really risen my expectations of the anime as a whole. I can't wait to see where this goes! :)
May 8, 2011 12:07 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode. Wait, is Leviathan the one in that they find in the gold room? So, who was that guy who arose from the grave? Which one happen first?
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
May 8, 2011 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
I liked this Leviathan storyline. It was interesting. Except ... Victorica's father? O_O What? Uh ... OK ...
Ugh, also, that last bit? UGH ... OTL You don't kick someone if you want them to do something for you either ... seriously people -_-"
PHILOSOPHER'S STONE ... ANYONE ELSE THINK OF HARRY POTTER?! XD
May 9, 2011 5:25 AM

Oct 2010
All this alchemy talk reminds me of FMA.

And Victorique not being able to reach Leviathan's mask was LOL. :))
[insert awesome signature here]
May 9, 2011 12:25 PM

Aug 2009
How could this show have turned so bad...? I thought it couldn't get worse but this show surprises me every week.

Only good thing about this show at the moment is the ED.
May 11, 2011 8:12 PM
Dec 2009
Nice ending. That song Kujo sings just keep repeating in my head now. (-__-")
May 14, 2011 9:55 AM

May 2010
I think this arc has the best detective feel of all the arcs so far.

I'm not quite attentive to the minor details that side characters are saying. :/

Anyone remembered Baccano when that Albert said homonculi?
May 20, 2011 3:12 PM

Mar 2010
hm i had no idea it would end like that and the mystery was more awesome than i thought

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 29, 2011 10:19 AM

Jan 2011
People start talking about alchemist now.
It's all basically from same thing, just search in Wikipedia.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
May 29, 2011 7:04 PM

Jun 2008
As someone who didn't care much about this show until now, I really have the urge to say that this particular arc was a VERY solid one and I enjoyed it fully. Maybe it's just because I'm a history faggot at heart, even if it's slightly modified, lol.
Jun 4, 2011 4:07 AM

Oct 2010
Holy shit and OMG for this episode. This is the best episode to show a mystery solved end result. What a surprise in the following,

there is over 10 000 gold bars in there with what if 1 bar = 10 000$ it would be well over 100 millions dollars. Victorique was quite funny trying to reach for the mask as she finished her phrase but Kujo helped her and what a MOE face she did in the spoiler
now that was adorable. Man, I can say that is one ugly face under that mask. Interesting to know that it was the result of one black person not being killed properly. This was common in the old days as no one would understand why this would happen and when it did everyone was traumatized.

Guess Leviathan held till the end for wanting to fall on Victorique. Well Kujo saved so that's good. Loved Victorique's pose in the spoiler
that scroll pointing suits her nice and of course it was not complete without the famous kick. The colonial rule was just sick in the spoiler
I know IRL slavery and the gold rush were a huge problem to human rights of today. What? You enforce yourself in a country to steal their gold and slave only to get rid of them later for fear of knowing where that gold is? Kill that king right now!

The other happy thing was Cordelia in the following,

so nice and young. Well done in portrayal and nice face close up in the spoiler
Unfortunate for Kujo to get owned by Brian despite putting quite a nice fight in the spoiler
but it was cool to see Brian do a smoke disappearance. That trap, I knew it was poison so easily that it was too obvious.

Some points of value.
  • It's obvious from the looks of fact that the Academy is officially a secret armory and of what Greviel told of Albert that things are taking a major turn soon. I can already see it from how Victorique and Kujo are in the spoiler
    The big gale is the obvious WW2. No doubt.

• I found it rather impressive of how Victorique's powers can work out at a further potential as in the spoiler
    her vision turned as she went back in time and was like a ghost during the event. It may have been done before but that far back. This was more than 20 years ago.

• World War 1 and Albert were rather well portrayed in the spoiler
    especially Albert's evil face.
Most amazing this episode was, I was moved much more than before and it was damn time mysteries came back! Again I knew some things were like that and it turned out I was right like the poison before it was even announced.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 23, 2011 1:00 AM
May 2011
STM said:
How could this show have turned so bad...? I thought it couldn't get worse but this show surprises me every week.

Only good thing about this show at the moment is the ED.
so let me get this straight, you think higurashi is amazing and you think this is terrible???? somrthing's really off here

also its about damn time the villians come into play, i know brian was in previous eps but this is the first time hes really even spoken
ItsSoPringlesJun 23, 2011 4:53 PM
Jun 25, 2011 10:59 PM

May 2010
Lol, he wasn't seen at night because he was African? That's even stupider than turning the rose blue by holding dye in his hand! It seems like somebody needs to double-check their ideas against reality...
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 25, 2011 11:01 PM
May 2011
Seabury said:
Lol, he wasn't seen at night because he was African? That's even stupider than turning the rose blue by holding dye in his hand! It seems like somebody needs to double-check their ideas against reality...
that thing with the the rose is real, go ahead and try it yourself
Jun 26, 2011 8:49 AM

May 2010
I did it in middle school for a science experiment. The thing is, you have to let it sit overnight to absorb the die. It takes like 8-12 hours to turn blue. You can't just hold it in your hand and voila, it's turned blue!
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 15, 2011 1:14 AM

Dec 2009
I dono if anyone else thought about this, but how the hell did he manage to melt gold? (Seeing as how Lan or whatever his name was died from gold that appeared to be in liquid form) I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure you need a high ass temperature to liquefy something like that.
Aug 6, 2011 3:42 PM

Mar 2011
Best mystery so far ^^ hope the rest are even better.
Aug 19, 2011 1:19 PM

Oct 2009
This arc was pretty interesting and the BGM was great! And the main plot starts, only 9 eps more :(
Sep 7, 2011 8:44 PM

Jul 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
Kujo needs to start kicking the shit out of Victorique! What kind of idiot allows himself to be kicked?

its useless to say that, he's an anime guy, they never go against girls, the more unusual the girl is, the less likely they'll fight back, such a sad fate.

Oct 17, 2011 4:00 PM
Dec 2010
supermegasonic said:
Villetta_Nu said:
Kujo needs to start kicking the shit out of Victorique! What kind of idiot allows himself to be kicked?

its useless to say that, he's an anime guy, they never go against girls, the more unusual the girl is, the less likely they'll fight back, such a sad fate.

Haha true, but in this show it's still alright. Try to compare it to Zero no Tsukaima, that was S/M that i almost dropped the show.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 6, 2011 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
So, Albert de Blois aka Vic's and Grevil's dad will be the final boss in this series? Should have seen it coming...

I just hate it when Kujo started singing...but Vic's singing is OK!
Nov 6, 2011 7:27 PM

Mar 2008
Seabury said:

This. Wow, it was so lame, but I thought this was a great episode since the story was well done here. I just hate the fact that anime like tend to explain things thinking that the people who are watching it are complete idiots.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Mar 11, 2012 1:56 PM

Apr 2011
very nice ep I like it so much
the story make me very interested
and the emotional side also is high in this ep
I like this ep ^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Apr 18, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2009
Boring case and the increased amount of focus on their relationship is kinda annoying.
Aug 10, 2012 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
Seabury said:

IKR LOL
Even if it was night, you still would have seen it.

I'm getting a bit ticked off at the show. Victorique shows no effort in solving a case at all. "Okay lemme dive into the wellspring of wisdom." A minute later. "Kujo, I have the case solved. Here is the solution..."

This was a good case but it was impossible for a normal person to solve. LOL I was just like "wtf" she Victorique started talking connecting the evidence about the African song to the gold to the alchemy. LIKE REALLY? WAT. LOL

...Is it bad that I hate the focusing on their relationship? LOL I just wanna see some awesome mysteries. That's all. Victorique is too tsundere for me. ;( STOP HURTING POOR KUJO! I actually think Avril and Kujo would be better.

And wow, it's foreshadowing the big plot of this story which obviously has to do with Vic's daddy vs. Kujo and the good guys.
Nov 8, 2012 9:07 AM

Sep 2010
Aha! So the main arc of the story has begun!
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Jan 24, 2013 1:04 PM
Jul 2012
So they couldn't see leviathan because he was black and its dark outside? okay.
Mar 11, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
AlexSadist-sama said:
Boring case and the increased amount of focus on their relationship is kinda annoying.

Actually, that's all I want to see, their relationship develop.
The cases just come and go.
If the was an evil genius counterpart to Victorique it would be more interesting.
Jul 11, 2013 9:39 AM
Apr 2012
I guess thats one way to make a guy sing, albeit poorly. Whats with all the offtune singing in this show? Why do they feel compelled to do so is beyond me, however, the african song did kinda fit at the end.

Also Victorica fail. Priceless.
Jan 29, 2014 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
This has been my favourite arc so far. The mystery wasn't solved instantly and enough clues were actually dropped for the viewer to figure it out or at least follow what was happening. I think the main plot is starting to take form.

Oh and for once, Kujo actually saves someone from getting hurt, normally he just stands and watches so it was a good change to see.

I think we saw a bit of fanservice with Grevil's hair being down in the previous ep so that was a bonus too.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.