Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2011 7:29 PM

Sep 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Anyways that was an Amazing episode! 5/5

I loved it and Aria was a WHOLE lot cuter and reliable in this episode. Lots of action and great music. Weird that I found Aria to be annoying last time and was liking Kinji alot, now I am liking Aria a lot and now find Kinji to be the annoying one. I hope he decides to embrace his Hysteria side and help Aria soon : )

mod edit : removed double post
NayahJul 31, 2011 6:32 AM
Apr 28, 2011 7:37 PM

Jul 2010
I liked it. The arcade part was incredibly cute.

It was also pretty funny how Kinji leaves and the preview for the next episode reveals he's coming back already lol.
Apr 28, 2011 7:45 PM

Nov 2007
Yes, this was much better! A good episode with some decent action.
I dont recall Aria being so cute in the manga
Apr 28, 2011 7:52 PM

Jun 2010
I liked this episode, and the arcade part as well :3 I'm pretty sure when Aria gave Kinji the cat, it was supposed to represent security and friendship, so they will definitely still be partners :)

I also can't wait for Kinji to show off his over-drive powers again ;D
Apr 28, 2011 7:55 PM
Apr 2011
I heard that the characters were kinda un-original, but I really think that the characters can really develop here... I wouldn't know since I'm new at watching non-mainstream anime, but so far I really like this one.
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Apr 28, 2011 8:01 PM
Apr 2011
The more episodes I watch the more generic this anime seems. I'm not really watching for the action, just for the romance, and so far it's very formulaic. I definitely enjoy it though because I'm just a sucker for a loli voiced by Kugimiya Rie
Apr 28, 2011 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Aria is adorable, damn you Rie.
Apr 28, 2011 8:39 PM

Feb 2010
Had some action, but not in the gun-slinging style I was hoping for. I was also expecting more than just a short moment of the sniper chick. I'll probably keep watching this regardless, but I REALLY hope we get more hysteria mode and gunfighting soon (as well as more screentime for the side characters).
Apr 28, 2011 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
Well, rip off of action movies (Speed) but it still was an interesting episode and Aria was incredibly cute at the arcade.
Apr 28, 2011 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
The bus has a bomb underneath it and there's an unmanned car following along with a machine gun on top. Where have I seen this scenario before? Oh yeah, the first episode. *facepalms* They could've at least given us a different scenario, but I guess that would ruin the Butei killers "style," or as I like to call it, lack of originality. :P

*Sighs* And I was looking forward to seeing what the sniper was like while in reality she had hardly any screentime at all. Her voice doesn't match her face, either.
Apr 28, 2011 8:51 PM

Mar 2011
Yussssss

also, lul @ more Speed
Apr 28, 2011 8:51 PM
Aug 2009
From the novel, Reki seemed like she would sound more...tom boyish because of her robot like personality. Looking forward to the next arc which focuses more on Riko (If you watched the previews). This episode needed more Hysteria.
Apr 28, 2011 8:54 PM

Nov 2008
I guess that what really impressed me is that there was a 14-16 yr old driving a car in an anime, first time I've seen it happen, at least in the ones that I have watched. Its always something else.

Anyway, I liked how it got serious by shooting all those students but in the end it seems that no one was killed, which is disappointing. For a moment I thought that I was watching an American action movie, but since there were girls with the main roles that was squashed.
Apr 28, 2011 9:17 PM

Nov 2008
The episode was pretty good. Now I'm wondering what Aria's is trying to do or what her mission really is. The sniper chick was pretty awesome in the few minutes that they showed her. I wish I could shoot like that, it'd be pretty cool. Anyways, I'm glad they the preview showed them getting together again, so I was happy.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 28, 2011 9:22 PM

May 2010
Iilia said:
The bus has a bomb underneath it and there's an unmanned car following along with a machine gun on top. Where have I seen this scenario before? Oh yeah, the first episode. *facepalms* They could've at least given us a different scenario, but I guess that would ruin the Butei killers "style," or as I like to call it, lack of originality. :P

I DEMAND MORE ACTION AND LESS STUPID BOMB HIJACKING SCENARIOS!
Apr 28, 2011 9:28 PM

Nov 2008
Well it was a good episode, with action, adrenalin and new character introduction.
Apr 28, 2011 9:28 PM

Jun 2010
The sniper girl was pretty amazing. I don't understand why he doesn't just tell her why he can't show her his true strength. Next episode they get back together and his strength shows at least that's what I'm guessing.

Apr 28, 2011 9:43 PM

Jan 2011
i hate how he doesn't use his powers to help in that situation, like people's lives are at stake.
He better have a good reason in the upcoming episodes why he doesn't use it like eg. each time he uses it his penis shrinks
Apr 28, 2011 9:43 PM

Dec 2010
After watching this episode, my impression on Aria has changed a bit. I like her more now. She's not much of a Tsundere anymore. Maybe a bit, but its not as much as in Toradora or ZnT. Only thing that still pisses me off is the fact she calls him her slave.

Regarding the episode...

Bus jacking? Bomb on board? Explodes if you slow down? Now where have I heard that before... No seriously; I forgot.

EDIT: oh yeah the bus scene was like the movie Speed. Quite surprised a few of you had thought of the same thing as me.
RezurrektApr 28, 2011 10:02 PM

Apr 28, 2011 10:10 PM

Jan 2010
The only redeeming point of this show is that gg is doing hilarious trollsubs for it.

Goddamn JC Staff...I am dissapoint
Ok™
Apr 28, 2011 10:16 PM
Mar 2010
McRib said:
The only redeeming point of this show is that gg is doing hilarious trollsubs for it.

I half-agree. I thought hysteria mode was pretty cool '_'
So anyone want to tell me what a yatsu is?
Apr 28, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2007
Lolz at Speed the anime. At least Aria wasn't so retardedly tsun this time around. Still seems like an annoying loli though.
Apr 28, 2011 10:56 PM
Nov 2009
Speed was a good movie.
Apr 28, 2011 11:48 PM

Feb 2008
Sniper rifles don't work that way.
Apr 29, 2011 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
Oh yeah because this scenario totally didn't happen before great job on the plot! I find both the main characters annoying honestly but Aria at the ending really did a good job of redeeming herself but then ruined it by calling him a slave. The sniper girl totally takes the cake for me. She looks really interesting though it seems to me her voice doesn't really match her face but maybe it's just me. Hoping for some real gun slinging action in this anime and less "bakabakbakabaka" from Rie since I have heard it so many times before.
Apr 29, 2011 12:16 AM

Nov 2008
I wondered how Aria knew about the bus jacking. It's like she has something to do with that but nah I'm only thinking too much XDD

With such speed and distance, I don't think you could actually hit the bomb in a direct aim. Oh, I forgot this is J.C. Staff xDD Screw law of physics

Can't get enough of Aria > w < loved the arcade part. I wonder whats the deal with her. It seems like her life is almost over or something that she needed help with Kinji

I can finally see the hysteria mode in the next ep. Can't wait to see how he get stimulated lolol

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 29, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2011
In anime, they screw with laws of physics.

Still, I the only cool moment I like was Reki sniping the bomb at during high speed and long distance shooting and whats worse is those rails make it even more impossible to hit the target.
Apr 29, 2011 12:37 AM

Feb 2008
quite an intense episode.

i've upgraded my score for Hidan no Aria from 7 to 8... more of a "speculative" rating, as i expect things to get better in the next episodes...

also, i'm now seeing Aria as less a typical tsundere... she's more likeable to me now...

DenjaX said:

With such speed and distance, I don't think you could actually hit the bomb in a direct aim. Oh, I forgot this is J.C. Staff xDD Screw law of physics

imo, i think the bomb can be hit at such speed... Reki is in a chopper.. if it's moving fast enough to keep up with the bus' speed, the bullet will hit the bomb... i believe a sniper's bullet is fast enough to hit even a moving target...
Apr 29, 2011 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
They cut some scenes with Reki, bastards (
Apr 29, 2011 1:54 AM

Jan 2009
Oh yeah, dat OP. Still awesome.

I thought Aria would be too short to drive a car. Or maybe the car was specially modified so even short persons could drive it.
It'd have been nice if Aria died, and then they could've change the name of the series as well. As long as they keep the OP.
And yeah, Speed, pretty good movie. Though it just made this episode feel like a cheap rip-off, with added ridiculousness and a loli.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 29, 2011 2:14 AM

Sep 2009
I was actually surprised by the amount of blood shown. I thought it would be little to none for this type of show.
Apr 29, 2011 2:22 AM

May 2008
I'm gonna be so mad if the childhood friend turns out to be the killer.
Apr 29, 2011 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
Isn't it a bit too obvious who the antagonist is? Much like in Yumekui Merry where the teacher/adviser/guidance counselor is OBVIOUSLY the "bad guy"?
Apr 29, 2011 2:54 AM

May 2009
I don't care for Aria. She could have died and I would have been cool bro.
*not really watching this seriously*
No Shirayuki this episode meaning it was boring as hell. She's pretty much the only reason I am watching even if she is not a good yandere she is still yandere. Luckily blonde haired friend showed her yellow bra so yay for tease not really fan service.
Apr 29, 2011 2:56 AM

Nov 2007
TL Note: Baka means idiot

The action scenes were nice, I guess. Aria was less annoying and Reki seems like she could be cool. Other than that, another generic episode. Oh well, this show isn't too long and it's not like it's painfully bad so I'll keep watching till the end.

McRib said:
Totally agreed.
amayadoriApr 29, 2011 3:00 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 29, 2011 3:08 AM

Nov 2010
Awesome episode, but I really wanted to see Kinji "Transforming" again... That was kinda disappointing... 5/5

1 episode is not enought ;/
Apr 29, 2011 5:24 AM

Feb 2011
nice episode
i think the bus scene was quite fast
Apr 29, 2011 6:12 AM

Jun 2009
Im surprised that I enjoyed this episode. Aria hasn't been that much of tsundere plus annoying in this episode and I hope it continues. And I love the bus part, it was nice.

Apr 29, 2011 6:13 AM

Oct 2009
DesolateOne said:
After watching this episode, my impression on Aria has changed a bit. I like her more now. She's not much of a Tsundere anymore. Maybe a bit, but its not as much as in Toradora or ZnT. Only thing that still pisses me off is the fact she calls him her slave.

Regarding the episode...

Bus jacking? Bomb on board? Explodes if you slow down? Now where have I heard that before... No seriously; I forgot.

EDIT: oh yeah the bus scene was like the movie Speed. Quite surprised a few of you had thought of the same thing as me.

Unstoppable as well.

Anyways, all I have to say is that Kinji is so fucking annoying fuck my life. Like serously, hate the characthers like him that wants to be 'normal' etc. bullshit and act like it's so dramatic.

I'm guessing there's something going on with Aria and the Butei Killer (duh), running out of time? Poison? Kidnap? What?

I'll keep watching because I know Kinji will 'improve' but still I wanted fucking Touma to come onto the show and punch his face in.

Poor scar on Aria, np I only like you because of your voice anyways.

OH YEAH:

This Butei Killer's a joke, didn't kill anyone and why could he just blow up the fucking bomb? Like seriously...

If he wanted to 'cause damage to the city why not just send one of his remote controle cars and either shoot them all with the uzi or make it explode etc.!

OH YEAH #2:

This anime's physics is one of the best I've seen. Buteis are equipped with anti-gravity skirts and hair. Also their snipers are very good, they can just pull off bombs stuck under buses without making it explode. Oh yeah the bullet proof jackets are actually anti-death jackets, you don't die when wearing one.
YanofliesApr 29, 2011 6:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Speed: The Anime

Well this episode was an improvement over the first two
Apr 29, 2011 6:55 AM

Mar 2011
zzz.
I have a feeling that Aria had a part in the bomb on the bus thing considering the fact that she had Reki be of assistance...
I guess her plan was to really force our male protagonist to unleash his true powers o_o.
Courtesy of Paul
Apr 29, 2011 6:59 AM

Sep 2010
A very good episode......

I was on the edge to drop this show after the second episode...... This show can be quite enjoyable without Aria's Tsun shit.............

4/5
Apr 29, 2011 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
Aria is an excellent offensive driver and a good shot, if episodes are more like this then I'll start to like Aria, a more demanding and in charge Aria is good not her brattier tsun self. Reki is ok too, it's still a bit obvious it was a rused mission.

5/5

Apr 29, 2011 7:44 AM

Jan 2011
I bet this converted quite a few haters from the episode 2 discussion. Told them it was too early to decide =D 9/10
Apr 29, 2011 8:06 AM

Sep 2008
Lol at complaints about the possibility of the sniper shot. In episode one Kinji shot seven bullets directly down the barrels of seven guns, not to mention the already discussed ridiculousness of Aria's weapon choices. Let's not lose too much sleep considering the physics of any of this.

We're a quarter of the way through the series and still no sleuth work. You try and sell me a school based off of shirlock holmes and then you make the detective aspect of law enforcement a non issue.

Oh well. I had fun. Opening was great. Aria was adorable with the plushies. Her character is developing and it looks like we're gonna learn more about her motives. Fun stuff. Needs more peach buns.
Apr 29, 2011 8:18 AM

Dec 2010
Gangler said:
Lol at complaints about the possibility of the sniper shot. In episode one Kinji shot seven bullets directly down the barrels of seven guns, not to mention the already discussed ridiculousness of Aria's weapon choices.

The difference is that Kinji used a special "power/skill" in order to shoot down the barrels while on the other hand, Reki was just a sniper that pulled off a ridiculous shot.

I could care less about the physics though as long as I don't see bullets flying around like a rollercoaster.

I wouldn't mind seeing them bend bullets though like in the movie Wanted...

Apr 29, 2011 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
And the sniper enters the stage.

Butei Killer might be a failure, but he sure has good taste. Seeing two Lotus 2-Eleven turn into scrap was painful.

Lol at gg pulling a keikaku.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 29, 2011 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
That was a fast Suzuki Wagon R...
Other then that it was a pretty nice episode, i don't really know how it went in the novel but there where some differences compared to the manga.
I am also missing the background information that the manga gave.
Reki is also one of the nicest characters girls with sniper riffles are very sexy.
DoubleDango said:

This anime's physics is one of the best I've seen. Buteis are equipped with anti-gravity skirts and hair. Also their snipers are very good, they can just pull off bombs stuck under buses without making it explode. Oh yeah the bullet proof jackets are actually anti-death jackets, you don't die when wearing one.
I agree with you on the skirts and the hair tho i am kind of happy we didn't get any panty shots since it would have made this anime look like it was just another echi anime.
And it would not fit the atmosphere of the anime either even tho Riko tried to hit on Kinji using her body.

Also it was explained in the manga that Reki was one of the best sharp shooters in the academy which explains her good shooting.
Also considering the fact that Aria made a almost impossible shot in this episode as well.
Apr 29, 2011 9:23 AM
Nov 2010
agent535 said:
also, i'm now seeing Aria as less a typical tsundere... she's more likeable to me now...

Actually this episode prove that she is a typical tsundere. This episode was basically to show Aria's dere side, as oppose to last episode that showed her tsun side
Apr 29, 2011 9:26 AM

Oct 2008
This anime's feeble attempts at plot are laughable...
You know when people die in anime and you laugh, the producers are doing it wrong.
OmniknightApr 29, 2011 9:30 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.