Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 11, 2016 12:04 PM
Mar 2015
This was an alright movie.

Wiping everyone's memories, not cool Minato. 7/10 Not Bad.
Sep 4, 2016 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't mind this film, whilst I didn't reach the levels of Road to Ninja or Guardians of the Crescent Moon kingdom I still like it, maybe Minato being In it helped that but still.
Feb 19, 2017 3:51 AM
Aug 2012
animation quality was on the top!Plus seeing Minato, young Kakashi was pleasant thing...plot was just ok-as a result can't say I wasted my time
Oct 2, 2017 7:25 AM
May 2016
I never watch trailers so I never have expectations. imo it was the best movie so far, in terms of engagement, likeable characters, and amazing music. Great ending. People complaining of erasing memory, it'd be plothole galore if they didn't do that.
Oct 8, 2017 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Better than the first two movies haha, I liked the setting and scenery, enjoyed the animation. Villain was boring. Where was yamato the whole time, and why didn't we see more minato and his team, its like they disappeared once or twice during the final fight scene haha. The ending was the best, didn't mind the memory loss but of course that's bittersweet and wish it wasn't so.
Nov 11, 2017 12:50 AM

Sep 2012
Why is every Naruto movie about them meeting a new friend that comes with a bad guy instead of just our good guys versus bad guys? I've literally never cared about the movie specific characters. Past Konoha-nin were pretty dope, though, and basically-Shakukomon was an alright enemy.
Aug 8, 2018 1:08 PM

Dec 2016
A pretty solid movie with some great fight scenes and some nice character interactions
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 12, 2018 12:28 AM
Mar 2017
I think this was the best naruto shippuden movie...

↑↑↑
I think I think the same ...(among the 4 that I saw)

The movie was nice... It was going in a right direction...
But wipping out the memories killed me..!!!

8/10

and this ↑↑↑

8/10
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 9, 2019 9:28 AM

Mar 2012
To me... definitely the most entertaining Naruto movie yet. Seeing more of Minato is always a good thing canon or not.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 20, 2020 10:00 AM
Apr 2020
Well i think movie was like fine. I dont know why is everyone complaining about memory wiping, 'cause it was necessary it would have spoiled so many things their first meet and also choza and shino's dad would have remembered him so it would have been total mess.
Sara was fine unlike rest of the movie characters arrogant and then change in nature after meeting naruto and stuff she was fine since the beginning but i liked the previous movie more now it's time for BLOOD PRISON.
adios.
May 18, 2020 5:22 PM
May 2020
Scr said:
The movie was nice.But it will be better plotted if they don't wipe out their memories..

Nice to see Minato,Choza,Shino working as a team..

8/10

What ??? Minato , Choza , Shino ??? Shino couldnt even have been born at that tine you mean shibi* shino's dad
Nov 11, 2020 5:15 PM
Jul 2020
A little boring, but pretty fun. Loved seeing Minato.
Mar 10, 2021 2:55 PM

Dec 2007
naruto goes back in time? seriously?

and i won't even start talking about too much plot inconstancies. weird battle. weird OP villain, no good action at all, and the fact that the city is consistent only bunch of 20-30 people.

the only moment it was worth the hour and 25 minutes was the moment naruto understand minato is his father :p
User-NameMar 10, 2021 3:17 PM
Apr 16, 2021 1:46 PM
May 2019
there's one thing that bugged me didnt naruto really introduced his name because he was cut off by minato and telling him he was a shinobi from konoha? naruto didnt said his name and I was wondering how minato knew his name -_- this is a decent episode but the rasengan is lame compared to the previous movies ultimate supreme rasengan sounds really lame for me it only powered up the rasengan and changed its color yamato shouldve had more screentime given the time when naruto was still exploring loran they could've met each other then but its nice seeing backstories about konoha especially the jounin at naruto's era we also learned that ichiraku ramen was established around the time when kakashi was still a genin that's all
Dec 10, 2021 12:46 AM

Feb 2021
The movie was kinda lame and had a ton of plot holes.

Sara looks so similar to Karin but without glasses, longer hair, and better facial details.

Minato looked pretty darn cool in that outfit.

Choza and Shibi are so effective against puppets but they barely do shit in this movie. And Minato who's the yellow flash is always late and Naruto's the one fighting the mecha puppet and saving Sara. Were they at that time? Also, when did Kakashi just come in and place those paper bombs?

And Naruto seriously didn't recognize the 4th Hokage? And Choza and Shibi? He literally is peers/friends with their kids and they are well-known jonin in Konoha.

And how tf is a puppet 'regenerating'?? It's not a human body ffs. Also, such a big city/town has only a handful of civilians? And if the ones before were just puppets. why did Anrokuzan bother to make a Sara puppet to show the entire puppet population? What difference does it make? Where tf was Yamato all this time? He literally showed up in the last 10 mins of the movie.

Naruto couldn't even land a Rasengan, then why was he trying to do so repeatedly? Shouldn't he Rasengan the door that'll allow Sara to do what she should about the Ley Line or whatever the power source was? Also, Minato just attacks once with his kunai's and just disappears after that. Half the time he wasn't there or he was 'late' which is lame cause he's literally one of the fastest shinobi to ever exist. And what even was the Ley line? and how did it have infinite chakra? First I thought it's natural energy but then how does it have a particular source? Then it was shown as a huge pool of purple-colored chakra-infused water I presume?

Also, was the girl in the end, Sara or her daughter?

The movie lacked some good action scenes.

The only thing that I enjoyed was Minato's new look, Supreme Rasengan, and the OST

4/10

May 25, 2022 2:35 AM

Jul 2012
Free energy (electricity / chakra on this case) from the ether lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Jun 1, 2022 1:51 AM

Nov 2010
Man, this could've been really interesting, but damn, so many missed opportunities at fanservice. They could've went all out with Naruto and Minato interacting as father and son since they're all gonna lose their memories at the end anyways.

That giant puppet villain is lame. No cool fight scenes with Minato and the old gang. Such a waste! At least Minato's Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu looked cool!

Queen Sara is super cute, especially when she suddenly removed her dress near the end. hehe Did she die in the future though? that's a shame.

6/10
Jul 14, 2022 6:21 AM

Jan 2020
Time to find out why this tower is so lost.

I guess they had to give these other Leaf Shinobi masks because Naruto wouldn't have enough decorum to not say something: "Hey I know you! You're Choji's dad!" They really seemed to dumb him down for this movie as it is. Ironically, the only person he seemed to begin to recognize is Minato. He even seemed taken back by the Kakashi reveal.

Already the battles seem underwhelming compared to the previous movie. I figured Minato would make this more engaging, but he hasn't been in it much. And it's odd, because just about every scene is Minato telling Naruto to go protect Sara and instead Naruto just points her in a different direction and then begins to attack the enemy. All the while Minato and co. are nowhere to be seen.

Naruto's fighting style must look insane to Minato, lmao. He just makes clones, all of them use Rasengan, and bum rushes the enemy. "This is what ninjas have become 20 years from now?"

Supreme Ultimate Father-Son Rasengan?! They definitely should've called it the Father-Son Rasengan. Missed opportunity imo.

Yeah, I didn't like this movie as much as Will of Fire. It's like Road to Ninja all over again. Potentially interesting premise that is poorly executed.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 14, 2023 9:11 AM

Apr 2021
A história é boa, Naruto lutando ao lado do pai, o final muito bom
Sep 13, 2023 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2012:

Feb 15, 9:41 AM
Aug 2022
Man!! The Ending was the best.
Minato knows Naruto is his son.
Minato He Suppressed All the memories including Saara's.
So she did got married & had a daughter.
Naruto too bad you couldn't marry her even if it's for the movie.
Really this movie was the best.
For once I thought Saara is Kushina lol ๐Ÿ˜‚.
In the credits I found something interesting like Saara is moving to another place leaving that kingdom (her mother's inherited place) so don't miss the credits plus the song is beautiful.
Gave Score 8/10.
Signing Off at 15th February 2024 at 23:11 Hrs IST.
personal message for my future self:-
Today Was My Highschool Graduation Day (Farewell) & I'm really missing my school days now.
Ricky16Feb 15, 9:48 AM
Apr 4, 2:36 PM
Apr 2023
It's not a bad movie, but we all know this is just a filler movie.

It's cool to see the scenes for minato and young kakashi, but that's all.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Sakura the worst character in Naruto?

Nathan_B - Feb 3, 2018

6 by White_Alice »»
May 25, 2022 3:00 AM

» HD subbed?

Zealot - Apr 28, 2011

10 by SeanKent »»
Dec 8, 2011 6:02 PM

» Naruto Shippoden movie 4! ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - Mar 25, 2010

55 by Markr24 »»
Apr 28, 2011 6:19 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.