Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2011 6:38 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bah,now he's afraid of dead balls after he hit that kid. Just like Azuma came to fear batting after he hit Aoba with a ball he batted.
Surely a resolution will be found cause he can't only pitch balls for 5 and a half more seasons.Not bad episode.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jun 21, 2012 8:53 PM

Jun 2009
I'm kind of glad something like this happened, actually. It's only Goro would have a fear of some type after what happened to his father.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2011
Was to be expected that this would happen eventually, hes totally traumatized because of the dead ball that killed his father... I wonder how Goro will overcome his fear...
May 9, 2013 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Finally a weakness, and it makes perfect sense. Goro's arrogance still needs to be taken down a peg too. Challenge these guys then Yokohama, but then again they are quite arrogant too.
Dec 9, 2013 12:17 AM

May 2012
Waa.. finally his weakness!
Dec 28, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
Didn't he already admit he couldn't pitch fast enough to kill someone . . . Otherwise if he believed he did why did he mention he wouldn't be able to cause Joe Gibson any harm even though he wasn't wearing a helmet? Well whatever.
Jun 26, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Shimizu was aroused by that spanking ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Goro is still traumatized by his dad death. It's pretty normal, even an adult would be. I wonder how he'll overcome that. Because he will have to. If he's scared to throw...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 20, 2015 6:14 PM
Aug 5, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
I was waiting for that to happen, it's completely understandable. Better to get over it sooner than later.
Aug 13, 2015 6:28 AM

Jan 2015
So you're trying to tell me that huge obese dude is actually a 9 to 11 year-old kid ? Funny how he shrunk and grew a brain throughout the episode too...
And sometimes when a ball hits your head you end up dead, and other times it's used as a comedic relief ?
Also, did Goro just score a homerun with a one-hand backhand ? ...

I lost hope, this is just another kids show after all...
Dec 20, 2015 2:30 AM

Mar 2015
Um..how the fuck did Goro just get a homerun with one arm available? lmao
Talk about superhuman..
Also..didn't Goro say himself that his deadballs shouldn't inflict any kind of serious damage? So not sure as to what he could possibly be worried about.
Mar 20, 2016 11:18 PM

Mar 2012
WTF is that abomination and how the hell is it legal for him to play o_O Didn't expect one of those extreme looking shounen type of character in this show so it caught me by surprise lol.

Crehscent said:
Um..how the fuck did Goro just get a homerun with one arm available? lmao
Talk about superhuman..
Also..didn't Goro say himself that his deadballs shouldn't inflict any kind of serious damage? So not sure as to what he could possibly be worried about.

To be fair, he had yet to hit anyone with a deadball and this one was right on the person's head which was most likely what triggered it. The one handed homerun from the lefty side was hard to believe though lol.
Apr 15, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2013
Goro got his ass spanked.
He's afraid of throwing now because he hit that guy's head, it's reasonable considering what happened to his father.
Aug 26, 2016 7:20 AM

Feb 2008
HapHazrD said:
And sometimes when a ball hits your head you end up dead, and other times it's used as a comedic relief ?

And sometimes a ball flies at 160km/h and other times it doesn't. Goro didn't throw the ball like that. Plus this one hit the entire helmet, while the ball that killed Goro's dad hit the worst possible part on the head, the temple.

They got really fast to the yips. Didn't expect this so soon, but it was inevitable. Though I guess it won't last as long as in Ashita no Joe and he'll get over it by the time they finish the match or get to the next proper match.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 31, 2018 3:11 PM

Jul 2010
Was only a matter of time this would happen, better to get past this now than later though.
Feb 1, 2018 6:48 PM

Jul 2016
Solid episode. Like the majority, it was nice to see Goro have a weakness since seeing his dad pass away from a hit to the head was so traumatic. What was also believe was that Goro hit a home run one handed. Why is that believable? Because he is a prodigy. Goro is already touted to have potential to reach the highest level of baseball.

Having that ability to hit a HR one handed is just as impossible as making the major leagues.. but people do make the major leagues by displaying freakish ability like Goro has displayed.
Feb 17, 2019 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
True, Goro said his dead balls cant harm anyone.

But cmon... after hitting this kids head he just couldnt avoid his trauma anymore. He did not even recognize it. So of course he still kinda knew that his dead balls cant harm anyone. But you cant convince your own brain just by words or thoughts.

Its totally okay. Good episode.
My only regret is having regrets!
Feb 25, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2019
That was expected i guess every1 playing sports has something that fears the most but im sure he will get over it !
                                                         🖤   

Jun 28, 2020 12:57 PM

Dec 2007
Goro have very big self-confidence, i dunno yet if i like it or not.
and i guess that kind of deadball fear would come out eventually.
Oct 14, 2021 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
What the hell they feeding those old man...uhm I mean these baseball kids.

Being competitive with rival teams is good but I think Goro is being a little too cocky as his teammates aren't that good yet which can spell for some trouble like now that he's scared of hitting players.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 5 Discussion

Knave - May 14, 2009

33 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 22 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 30, 2009

40 by Cam1922 »»
May 16, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - May 14, 2009

103 by arcticmontys »»
Feb 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Is there Romance in this series.

_winterbear_ - Sep 14, 2022

4 by Unowen »»
Sep 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 17 Discussion

TowardsTheStars - Apr 20, 2012

21 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 3, 2022 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.